Ex-LMPD detective who killed man hired in Bardstown

Aug 11, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 115

McKenzie Mattingly, the former Louisville Metro Police detective who was forced out of the department after shooting a 19-year-old in the back and killing him during a 2004 drug sting, has been hired by the Bardstown Police Department.

Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#108 Jan 9, 2013
Wrong, I thwarted you. Mattingly was not convicted but the deceased was in fact a criminal. I can point out plenty of people that were harmed by drugs as well as the criminal activity that goes along with this trade. I will direct you back to reality again; alcohol is legal, that ends that particular whine. You swear use offensive terms, and say "who cares" if someone is a drug dealer and then try to bring morals into the discussion. Laughable at best. Feel free to continue to act shocked when a criminal goes down but also consider that people make their own choices.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#109 Jan 9, 2013
U seem to think, when somebody alleges you are something, then you are. Didn't the govt do that w/ WACO? Didn't George W. Bush say Iraq had WMDs? Didn't Clinton lie? And Bush the Elder? Dont they all?

The fact is, he was murdered, and the reasons for why he was murdered, was found out later. He didn't want to chase him, so instead, he just shot him. It was easier. And why was he chasing him? B/c he's a Nazi, who likes chasing people? WHO did Newby hurt? There has to be a victim, and the only victim, is Newby, which means, Mattingly is the criminal.

You give him a free pass, when u shouldn't. The Police Chief didn't. Or do u not care for what the Chief of Police said, since he was black?

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#110 Jan 9, 2013
As I stated previously, prove to me that Mattingly is a criminal and you will have my support. If the police chief thought it was wrong I'm sure he presented all the evidence he had. If that wasn't enough for a conviction then maybe there wasn't much evidence. Maybe the chief just didn't like Mattingly because of his color. As for victims, 4000 characters are not sufficient to begin to list the people harmed by the drug trade. Dealer still dead, officer still officer, case still closed.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#111 Jan 9, 2013
He's a murderer, and murder is a crime. He's capable of shooting somebody. He has before. Has he shown remorse? Does he even feel bad about it? Those things matter.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#112 Jan 9, 2013
If remorse matters, then shouldn't a drug dealer feel bad about the people affected by their trade?
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#113 Jan 9, 2013
He's dead... why keep beating up on a corpse? He can't harm, or help, anybody anymore. This other guy, can. If he doesn't feel bad about shooting a man who never harmed anybody in the back, then I have a problem w/ that.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#114 Jan 9, 2013
If Mattingly was proven guilty, I'd have a problem too. Drug dealers always harm people.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#115 Jan 9, 2013
Drug dealers dont always harm people. That's not true. They come from all walks of life, just like moonshiners. Most moonshiners were family men, making a living, to put food on their tables, for their wife and children.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#116 Jan 9, 2013
Drug dealers always cause harm to people. Crimes are crimes, you cannot justify drug dealing. Moonshining is moot, alcohol is legal.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#117 Jan 9, 2013
Moonshining is illegal. And so is murder.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#118 Jan 9, 2013
Moonshining? Step into the current century. Murder is illegal, that is why those convicted of this crime go to jail. Drug dealing is also illegal.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#119 Jan 9, 2013
It is Man. I'm tired of educating u. I've made my point. Goodbye.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#120 Jan 9, 2013
You have educated me: drug dealing is never okay. Hope that's the point you think you made, because that is the point. Goodnight to you too.
poor Letcher Co kids

Lexington, KY

#121 Jan 9, 2013
Moonshinin's still illegal, and we aint got no other way to make ours money. U should understand society betta I repeat... Moonshinin'... it's ILLEGAL!
Liken

Bardstown, KY

#122 Jan 10, 2013
I have been reading the posts and I agree with portions some of sellerscellar and John Masters posts.

Being tried by a jury of his peers is the American way. He was found not guilty. A civil trial was never held as the family chose to settle out of court.

I know that the system is not perfcet but it is one hell of a lot better than anything else the rest of the world has.

If we could turn back the hands of time I am sure everyone involved, the Officer and Mr. Newby would have done things differently.

Unfortunately we cannot. By speaking with accusations and slander you devalue any argument you attempt to make. A clear and honest discussion of the facts is what makes our nation stronger.

I believe educating Officers to better address and communicate with minorities could help just as much as if the minority communities also educated people on how to communicate with Police.

Just my thoughts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 13 min FARTIN LOUD WMY F... 139
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 13 hr David 1
places that hire felons.help! 14 hr constanceswan 1
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 18 hr Mike 17
brad jones fairdale 19 hr beef 8
Mouse Moments - (Sep '11) Fri Maverick 808 12,445
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) Fri kctopps 61
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info