Ex-LMPD detective who killed man hired in Bardstown

Aug 11, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 115

McKenzie Mattingly, the former Louisville Metro Police detective who was forced out of the department after shooting a 19-year-old in the back and killing him during a 2004 drug sting, has been hired by the Bardstown Police Department.

Full Story

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#88 Jan 9, 2013
Alcohol is legal, drugs are not. People go to prison for a reason.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#89 Jan 9, 2013
Yall dont even know what crime this man was guilty of! Basically, you're just saying he's an animal, and who cares about his life... an animal? Like how? What did he do? What was his crime? He was murdered, like Marco Chapman, the last man electrocuted in Kentucky, for slitting children's throats. Was it that? You even said that he was "murdering millions"... millions? Really? No, he's not, but our military industrial complex and prison industrial complex is... but those things don't concern you. Members of the Viper squad said if there was one drug they could get off the streets, it would be alcohol. Alcohol kills a million times more than all drugs combined. Alcohol is a problem, for all u prohibitionists out there... unless, you're a hypocrite, which clearly, you are. You're lack of logic in this case shows that clearly. I hope the pain and suffering you wish on others, is the pain and suffering that happens to you.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#90 Jan 9, 2013
I said drug dealers were responsible for the deaths (murder) of millions. Are you denying that the deceased was a drug dealer?

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#91 Jan 9, 2013
Back to reality, alcohol is Legal.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#92 Jan 9, 2013
I am just asking a simple question. What was the man's crime? Every convenience store on the corner, is a drug dealer. Every pharmacy is a drug dealer. And the War on drugs is what gives the people a profit incentive to work underground. It also props up the police and the prison systems, since 90% of those in prison is there for some petty drug possession charge, when the violence and the imprisonment is a million times worse than what a OC can do to you. IN FACT, dont we as Americans, have the right to our own bodies? IF, we actually cared about others, those who are addicted, we would want to help those folks out. The War on Drugs has attacked the Supply side, w/o checking out the Demand side. And has the War on Drugs worked? Have you gotten rid of the Drugs? Instead, you're created an underground situation where a person would have to defend themselves from a ton of charges... the illegality of it makes it dangerous, when we could just tax and regulate, like Colorado and Washington is doing, and what our Senator, Rand Paul, is doing. I'm sure you've seen moonshiners. Should Moonshiners be murdered down, like dogs in the street, when they never hurt anybody else? I don't think so. And if there is a problem, it's a public health problem. Methheads in trailer parks and crackheads in the ghetto need our help, our love and affection, and we should get them some help, b/c as long as we think violence will solve this problem, it won't. It never has. It hasn't yet, for 50 years, it hasn't worked. That's insane to keep doing the same thing, and to expect different results. What if, we as a society, provided amble opportunities for folks, and showed them love, like in a rehab, and connections in the community, to help them out? Instead, we throw them in jail, where they get Ph.D's in criminality, put a mark on their record, so nobody will ever hire them, and so, what else do they have to fall back on? When there's no other choices, there's no other choices. We the people got to eat somehow.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#93 Jan 9, 2013
And whether he is or isn't a drug dealer, isn't the point. Was he dealing drugs in front of the officer? Was that the charge? Yall haven't even said what his crime was... u just say he's an animal, which is what racists do... and it's also what animals do. Yall the animal, and if yall can hear about a murder, and not care, that means you're an unempathetic psychopath. You're more of a threat to society than Newby was. If Newby was a pharmacy, then he's a business man, providing a service to the community, where there's a great demand. America can finance War on Drugs problems in Mexico and Colombia, but whose the ones buying those drugs? America is. America is the longest purchaser of all drugs. Remember the Bluegrass Conspiracy? There's a reason why the Lexington elite was getting Drew Thorton to buy all that cocaine from Colombia.

What Newby violent? Was he beating up innocent people? Was he murdering innocent people, w/ a gun? No, he wasn't, but the other guy was, and did. One guy is a danger and a menace to society. The other guy, was offering a highly demanded service, and he did so peacefully. I wonder how much drugs Mattingly does...

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#94 Jan 9, 2013
Pharmacies operate within the law. Caring and understanding can only do so much. There is always a way to eat without dealing drugs. McDonald's will hire someone with a record. The problem is lack of effort. Also, I ask again; do you deny that the deceased was a drug dealer?
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#95 Jan 9, 2013
Until u tell what his crime was, I won't talk to you. You're a known liar, you're already made up facts, to fit your savage, blood thirsty thugfk worldview. And the reason u dont say what his crime was, b/c he was guilty of NO crime. But u could care less. U just like to hear about black people getting shot on ur TV.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#96 Jan 9, 2013
I don't care what color the perp is, I just don't like to hear people whine when bad things happen to criminals. WHAS reported that he had a criminal record. You just want to justify a criminal lifestyle and yell "racism" every time someone disagrees with you. As for not talking to me, you shouldn't until you have a valid point.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#97 Jan 9, 2013
And still yet, u have not said what his CRIME was. In order for somebody to have died, to b murdered, in cold blood, u need to say how he hurt somebody, and u haven't done that. Sometimes cops just make up "disorderly conduct", or some shyt like that, just some general b.s. also, if you're black in America, you were born in jail. So until u say what his crime was, I'll assume he did NOTHING, and just got shot in the back... and u somehow, believe that's ok. Would u like to get shot in the back, if u didn't commit a crime?

What's his crime? I bet u keep on ignoring this question. I dont even know it's a good question, but evidently, for about 10 spots, it's stumped yall.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#98 Jan 9, 2013
In addition to already having a current criminal record (drugs) we can add possession of an illegal weapon to the list as was reported on the news. As for Mattingly, you keep referring to him as a murderer. I will be happy to do the same as soon as you can show me the conviction. Can you do that? I don't worry about being shot in the back as I do not participate in criminal activity. When a person carries illegal weapons, deals drugs and runs from the police they should expect no good to come of it.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#99 Jan 9, 2013
U r hte most cold-blooded human on the planet. I still dont know what the charge is. It seems like he got shot, so now we gotta make up reasons for why he died. I bet ur also the type that talks about how sacred the 2nd Amendment is... illegal, like how? Was it an assault weapon? U saying u want assault weapons banned? So he got shot, so look him up... oh look at that, he's been a victim of police many times before, so that's clearly the reason he was shot! Oh look at that, he had a gun on him when he was shot, so clearly, that's the reason he was shot. To see if this is fair, reverse the roles.

Have Michael Newby following Mattingly. Newby heard that Mattingly likes to shoot people in the back, so he's a criminal, with a criminal record. He's got a rap sheet, he's been in trouble w/ others before, so he's a thgfk, right, as you'd call him, so this thgfk NOW has a gun on him, that he shouldn't have. He hasn't hurt u. He hasn't done anything to u. BUT NOW, he's running away from u. He's fleeing, but you're too fat to chase him, and how much easier is it, to just shoot a guy, instead of actually chasing him down. People have a right to self-preservation. That's common sense. Cops have been messing w/ Newby his whole life, and then they want to mess w/ him again... even the guy at my thang said if I would have ran, then he wouldn't have chased me. Why is that? And I call him a murderer, b/c he murdered somebody, and it's on record, and everybody knows it. He shot the dude in the back. Come on now! And for what? jaywalking?
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#100 Jan 9, 2013
The Rule of Law in a democracy is supposed to mean that NOBODY is above the law. The politicians, the police, everybody in government, is not above the law. And they are human. They aren't gods. They aren't infallible. And this case wasn't fair. If the tables were turned, you'd be outraged, like I am.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#101 Jan 9, 2013
It is illegal to carry a concealed weapon without a license and as you pointed out he was evading an officer. Those are 2 crimes, how many more do you want? Every criminal claims to be a "victim" of police. Ridiculous. Where is that conviction? Looks like you're still stumped.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#102 Jan 9, 2013
It's not fair. and u know it. R u saying that it would b okay to shoot Mattingly, if he has an illegal gun, and he starts to run? I bet u dont answer this question, just like Newby didn't commit a crime. For a crime to take place, there needs to be a victim, and there's no victim, except Newby, which means, Mattingly is the perpetrator.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#103 Jan 9, 2013
I never said it was okay to shoot him for carrying an illegal weapon, I said if someone lives a life of crime you shouldn't be surprised when it catches up with them. When Mattingly is charged, tied and convicted, you'll have my support. Where is that conviction? Still Stumped?
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#104 Jan 9, 2013
Wat am I, a prosecutor ? He pulled the trigger, that makes him a murderer, and the fact that he wasn't convicted, only means he got away w/ his crime. Agree to disagree. Ur wrong. I'm right. Case closed.

Wait a sec... where's Newby's conviction ?
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#105 Jan 9, 2013
Oh yeah... that's right! He aint got one!

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#106 Jan 9, 2013
They will not waste time convicting a dead drug dealer. If Mattingly had murdered in cold blood he would have been convicted. The police are not above the law. I've seen many convicted and kicked off the force for a lot less. You will remain permanently stumped on that point. You are right on another: drug dealer dead, police officer still a police officer. Case closed.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

#107 Jan 9, 2013
Again, I've thwarted you! You say "Show the conviction"... I say it back. U got nothing! U say, a 'thgfk' is dead, who cares, but u can't point out one person he's hurt. U made up lies, saying that he killed "millions" b/c he's a drug dealer, IF that's even true, and if so, who cares? Prohibition hasn't worked, and now you're murdering people in it's name. U ain't protecting anybody. Ur hurting people. 80 to 90% of people locked up in prison is there over some petty drug "crime". Alcohol is the worst drug out here on the streets, and yall advertise that shyt on SuperBowl Sunday to your children! Morals?!? Please... yall aint got no morals!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thomas Clay Jr. (Apr '14) 1 hr hereyougo 4
Dana "Soserious" Cox. ..... (Jun '14) 2 hr Say_it_aint_true 7
KFC yum! center 4 hr ForumCommando 15
Tymberwood trace apts 6 hr mudslinger 3
Review: Allen's Moves Are Us (Jul '09) 23 hr givemeabreak 14
white girls or miexed Tue JCM 1
Mr. T Tue Hewasborninchicago 2
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web