Ex-LMPD detective who killed man hired in Bardstown

Aug 11, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 115

McKenzie Mattingly, the former Louisville Metro Police detective who was forced out of the department after shooting a 19-year-old in the back and killing him during a 2004 drug sting, has been hired by the Bardstown Police Department.

Full Story
Uncle Tom

Lexington, KY

#24 Jan 4, 2013
Hey... me too!
Uncle Tom

Lexington, KY

#25 Jan 4, 2013
Thanks LMPD, for always being there to shoot us in the back.
average honkey

Bardstown, KY

#26 Jan 4, 2013
FYI wrote:
Mattingly was totally justified in the shooting...and besides...the boy was only a drug dealer. Sounds harsh but his kind...black or white...are worthless to society. Louisvilles only intent in prosecuting that man was to satisfy the black community and make him the sacrificial lamb. And as usual...the media made it even worse with their harsh unrealistic headlines and stories. And you people have got to start using your own heads and seeing past what the media puts out there...they are going to make everything seem worse then it is in order to keep things stirred up. Don't believe what you hear and read...majority of it is BS. Mattingly is no different then the rest of us...at least those of us who work...he was a man just doing his job...and not one of you knows what it's like to do his job...you just spout off and react with the intelligence of a toadstool...instead of thinking the situation through. I'm so glad that Mattingly was given a job here...the man deserves a break...and he'll do a good job. His family deserves a break too...they are no different then the rest of you out there who have gone through hard times from no fault of your own...and because they love that man and believe in him they stood behind him and encouraged him to carry on.
The only people who don't think society is a mess are the ones who are a part of the problem. The rest of us who don't drink and drive...do drugs...beat on our spouses...or steal etc...we are going to work everyday...raising our children to be productive individuals...and trying to make solid intelligent decisions everyday about the things we do and how it will affect others. You are either a part of the solution or part of the problem...you know where you fit.
On the news a couple of nights ago...they interviewed a black man here in town...his name is on the tip of my tongue but I can't get it...but he sat on what I assume was the porch of his house...looking like he crawled out of the gutter...and tried to answer questions like his opinion mattered...you would have thought he would have cleaned himself up some and presented himself in a dignified manner...but instead he sat there looking like a homeless person...and muttered a bunch of comments that were totally laughable and had little value. He...my friends...is part of the problem. He does not care about the people in this town nor does he value the life of an innocent person...he only cares that a black man was killed by gunfire...not that that man had a gun or was a drug dealer...that has no meaning to him. Closed minded people like that are nothing but trouble and are good at nothing but keeping the pot stirred. As a society we have to decide what we value and what we must do to maintain that...and our court systems need to step up to the plate and be responsible in carrying out the laws and punishments. If there were fewer lawyers...the world would be in better condition...because as long as lawyers put morales and values aside to defend known criminals...this world will not improve.
Mattingly is a person just like the rest of us...he did his job and did it well. He is a tough officer but those of us who live by the law have no problem with that. I commend him for his strength in taking this job...it won't be easy with all of the mud slinging that is going on...and I commend the department for putting faith in him and doing what's right by him. You people should be supporting him...not pointing fingers...fingers point both ways.
Well said brother. I watched as the news hung him out to dry. With that racist scum Christopher 2X getting his face on the camera whenever he can demanding his job. That scum will always use any tragedy he can to try and stir up the pot of anti white stew he has cooking.
average honkey

Bardstown, KY

#27 Jan 4, 2013
Uncle Tom wrote:
I think all pharmaceutical companies, and all Wallgreens, all those drug dealers... such as stores that sell alcohol, should have the same fate.
Kinda sounds to me like you should step away from your EVIL computer and move away from these devilish things to the safety of a Amish town.

Momma said that football is the devil!
average honkey

Bardstown, KY

#28 Jan 4, 2013
Semper Fi wrote:
<quoted text>just how is shooting a boy in back while he's running away "protecting innocent people?" it sounds like you are racist and making excuses for cowardly and dishonorable conduct. No excuse for that action and less excuse for providing the man with more opportunities to commit the same behavior. plenty of other well qualified young men and women coming back from active military duty that are looking for a career in law enforcement. it's unecessary, risky and careless of the city to hire a man with a record of abusive behavior in addition to the Newby youth homicide. chickens will always come home to roost though, and it's only a question of what politician is holding the gavel when they do.
Always quick to use race as an issue. He shot a drug dealing scumbag. Black or white it doesn't matter. Plus no one really knows the facts of the matter. We(the public) on know what the media tells us. And since Christopher 2x always jumps in to yell race and no one to debate him(otherwise that would be racist right)?
We(white people) aren't allowed to stand up to people like that once again we would be the racist??
Kinda seems a little unfair but that's just my thoughts.
Uncle Tom

Lexington, KY

#29 Jan 4, 2013
I defend the system, no matta wat ... wyte AmeriKKKa!
YAKE

Bardstown, KY

#30 Jan 4, 2013
Uncle Tom wrote:
I defend the system, no matta wat ... wyte AmeriKKKa!
YAKE!
YAKE

Bardstown, KY

#31 Jan 4, 2013
average honkey wrote:
<quoted text>Always quick to use race as an issue. He shot a drug dealing scumbag. Black or white it doesn't matter. Plus no one really knows the facts of the matter. We(the public) on know what the media tells us. And since Christopher 2x always jumps in to yell race and no one to debate him(otherwise that would be racist right)?
We(white people) aren't allowed to stand up to people like that once again we would be the racist??
Kinda seems a little unfair but that's just my thoughts.
Sig Heil! Sig Heil! Sig Heil!!!
Tecumseh

Lexington, KY

#32 Jan 4, 2013
Rebelucion ... it's time.
fed up

Rineyville, KY

#33 Jan 4, 2013
Well here we go again. First of all Michael Newby wasn'the sweet little innocent victim he was made out to be. He had a record that was a mile long. That picture posted giving the impression he was a highschool graduate was bullshit, he did not graduate from highschool. If the little shit wasn't breaking the law in the first place, none of this would have happened. Stop breaking the Damn Law!!!!!6916
Uncle Tom

Lexington, KY

#34 Jan 5, 2013
I have no conscience. When people die, I laugh at how their body twitches. Death. Lol
He sucks

Louisville, KY

#35 Jan 5, 2013
Mattlingly is a coward! He likes to hide behind that badge, good luck Bardstown
Michael Newby

Lexington, KY

#36 Jan 5, 2013
Once a psychopath, always a psychopath. We put Charlie Manson in jail for his whole life for a reason.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#37 Jan 6, 2013
And criminals get shot for a reason.
Michael Newby

Lexington, KY

#38 Jan 6, 2013
In the back... u dont think... that's a bit cowardly, as well as...

CRIMINAL !?!

R u suggesting wat I think ur suggesting ?

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#39 Jan 6, 2013
I am stating that the victim was a known criminal and was participating in criminal activity at the time of the incident.
Michael Newby

Lexington, KY

#40 Jan 6, 2013
Oh... I thought u said murder was a crime.

What do u think is justice for a murderin criminal?

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#41 Jan 6, 2013
What do you think justice is for a drug dealer that jeapordizes a civil servant's life?
Michael Newby

Lexington, KY

#42 Jan 6, 2013
I see that u avoided my question.

If you're the LMPD Chief of Police, u fire him:

LMPD chief Robert White said, "From my perspective what's the most important thing is McKenzie Mattingly is not a police officer in our department and that goal was met today."

http://www.brown-watch.com/police-brutality-w...

Robert White also said this:“Specifically, I felt that Michael Newby was not an immediate threat to the officer’s life or his physical well-being. Nor was any other person in the area clearly in immediate danger because of Newby’s actions,” White said.

Newby was the seventh black man killed by police in the past five years in Louisville.

“Sixteen Tons”

Level 6

Location hidden

#43 Jan 6, 2013
And I see you avoided mine. Are you suggesting it is okay to deal drugs? If the victim had not been out committing crimes none of this would have happened to begin with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is the LMPD, Good or Bad ? (Jan '13) 3 hr chucky 68
Review: Speedi Hot Lunch Service LLC 4 hr Perry Winkle 1
dawn gee (Jan '13) 4 hr abelld 12
Mcconnell or grimes 5 hr Tony 33
murderer Josh Young 5 hr truth 1
is Ali a muslim? (Jan '14) 6 hr Roofus 14
Right-to-work: The right message for Kentucky's... 6 hr Ace McMollan 6
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs