Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Judged:

What an utterly pathetic and ridiculous celebration. Let's move on to something better...

“Ave Satanas”

Since: Dec 06

Bratislava, Slovakia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

On this day in 1991 Rodney King was severely beaten by Los Angeles police officers. The scene was captured on amateur video.

On this day in 1923 The first issue of Time magazine was published.

On this day in 1903 The U.S. imposed a $2 head tax on immigrants.
Chylloh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

Sorry, black history month will never be over. We will hear about it for the rest of our lives.

The whining shall go on.

“kentucky rebel”

Since: Jan 09

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

NOT A WHOLE MONTH 'but just name one single day 'WHITE HISTORY DAY 'and watch how fast sharpton and jackson fly out of their chairs .

you said it exactly right mike jones , it is an utterly pathetic celebration .
Chylloh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2009

waymoresblues:

Another thing to add to your comment,we will be named racist because we DO NOT go around saying, White History Month.

Isn't this a joke. We are racist because we do not go around crying White History Month.
sevenpointone

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2009

I'd like to see a white history celebration in Louisville. And believe me I would see it, because there would be so much hell raised, Lincoln would be rolling over in his grave. And I love how white people are always the reason any black person can't get ahead. I never bought another human being, and have never been called master by anyone. So why am I the bad guy?
PFG

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Lincoln? Wasn't he that white guy you learned about in history class? Wait, I thought nobody talked about white history...
ablackguy

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

This shit is hilarious! So much information gleaned from these threads. Glad we all had a choice in our gender, eye color, height and of course ethnic makeup. Glad our parents did too. Funny, funny stuff.

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Level 8

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Umad wrote:
Let's get one fking thing straight right now godammit....white people are not at all the reason why you fking people cannot get ahead. It is your own godamn fault, clearly. You all don't care about education, or bettering yourselves, all you people do is use excuses (mostly the race card excuse, blaming white people) as to why you cannot even hold a fking job like a decent human being.
You have not or never have been a slave, thank your lucky stars you were born now and back then. So stop using some shit that happened before you were even born as a crutch and whine about how "life just isn't fair" for your people.
If life isn't fair for black people, because of us white folk, then get the flying fcuk back to where you might just fit in...because it sure the fcuk isn't here.
And for fcuks sake, STOP PLAYING THE RACE CARD EVERY SINGLE TIME YOU DO SOMETHING STUPID. Sure, we might have a black President, but I can guarantee you that truthfully, he doesn't care at all about those of you who use pathetic bullshit like this to take the focus away from the fact that you people just do not know how to live civil, peaceful, dignified lives. Its just not in your blood for some reason.
Get a fcuking job (and keep it gdi), raise your children right, stop the raping, robberies, and murders, and finally start to raise your children correctly (by not filling their young heads with white hate) and maybe then you can join us at our table of prosperity. Until then, keep your ass in the West End, where you and your kind belong.
And for once, it would be nice for you people to actually live with some self-respect, as well as showing the respect for everyone else around you.
This is NOT the jungle.
Feel Better?

Hahahahahahahahahaha...
ablackguy

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Hilarious! It gets better. I have an advanced degree in quantum physics. I used to tutor Calculus at the Engineering School that I started at. I don't recall playing a race card. I simply stated that noone has a choice in their ethnicity, gender, eye color, hair color or any other insignificant attribute that is a result of our parents that is a result of their parents. These views on this thread provide good comedy and entertainment. You can't really penetrate my mental, buffoons!
PFG

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Umad wrote:
as well as showing the respect for everyone else around you.
This is NOT the jungle.
What the hell would you know about respect?
bjreed

Arlington, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Judged:

I, for one totally agree that Black Appreciation Month went on about 3 weeks too long. Who else has this sort of recognition -- Irish, Scottish, French, Mexican? No, they do not. Why are Blacks more special than any other part of society? I am all for equality, but not MORE than equality, which, it seems to me, that Blacks demand.

And, now, in Texas, some Hispanic legislators are causing a big brouhaha because there are not enough Hispanic people listed as heroes in our Texas History textbooks! Well, if they had been successful heroes, we would not be Texans, but Mexicans, right?

I just fail to see the sense of the whole thing.
PFG

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

bjreed wrote:
I, for one totally agree that Black Appreciation Month went on about 3 weeks too long. Who else has this sort of recognition -- Irish, Scottish, French, Mexican? No, they do not. Why are Blacks more special than any other part of society? I am all for equality, but not MORE than equality, which, it seems to me, that Blacks demand.
And, now, in Texas, some Hispanic legislators are causing a big brouhaha because there are not enough Hispanic people listed as heroes in our Texas History textbooks! Well, if they had been successful heroes, we would not be Texans, but Mexicans, right?
I just fail to see the sense of the whole thing.
Are you seriously suggesting that Irish, Scottish, French, and Mexican history aren't studied, and even celebrated?

Are you also denying that for the majority of the history of the U.S., the accomplishments and contributions of black people were exploited rather than appreciated?

You don't seem to understand the difference between "Hispanic" and "Mexican." A LOT of Texans are of Hispanic descent. "Mexican," otoh, is a nationality.

Are you denying the constributions (for example, the names of half the cities in the state) of Texans of Hispanic orgin, as well? For that matter, what are you doing in a Louisville, KY forum, if you're from Texas?
sevenpointone

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2009

Well, I, for one, was raised in Louisville, and still have lots of friends and family there. There are lovely parts of the west end, and of course, there are bad parts, but doesn't that go for every section of the city, state, country? I agree that other ethnicities should have appreciation days (or months), but every time someone mentions that, we're either nazis, racists, extremists,etc, and it truly does get tiring.
ablackguy

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Hell, I don't care about black history month myself per se. And as far as appreciation for others, I'm all about it. I didn't vote for a black history month, and I'm not opposed to any other appreciation month/week/day/year. At the same time I'm not necessarily for them. My first 12 years of school, I did learn a lot about western European history from the Paleolithic period to Charlemagne. Learned a lot about Greek and Roman mythology, but later found out about the Egyptian systems that predated the invasions by Napoleon and others. Then learned that the first systems of education and library builders may have come from ancient Phoenecia or other parts of Asia. BTW, what are all of the comments about the west end? I have lived in the suburbs, Fincastle, to be exact since 1978. I thought this was really a Fincastle forum, but I see that there are a$$h0les from every where chiming in. This neighborhood has always had some cultural diversity, and like I said celebrate all diversity or none, I'm not gonna cry or whine about it! I've lost my job just like anyone else, and never collected the unemployment insurance I've paid into. I'm not complaining if some white/black/latino or anybody else collects benefits from my tax contributions either. Blame the local and federal government if you wanna bitch and I hear more rednecks whining on this forum than any black people! WTF?
Tyrone L Washington

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

i'z be liken's black history mont ,we be havinz a black mans runnins this cuntry now, get overs it crackalackas.
Nobama

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

PFG wrote:
<quoted text>
What the hell would you know about respect?
Pot meet kettle.

“Don't Start Nothing ”

Level 8

Since: Sep 07

It won't be nothing

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot meet kettle.
The same can be said about you!
PFG

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Pot meet kettle.
I don't claim to have any respect for racists.
sorry

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2009

we own all these blak bo;s in Ky

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of32
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••