Review: Allen's Moves Are Us

Review: Allen's Moves Are Us

Posted in the Louisville Forum

Elaine Matthews

Bardstown, KY

#1 Jul 10, 2009
This is an illegal business. Allen's Moves Are Us do not have the required license to be operating. They are also not insured. The Owner, Charles L. Allen, uses a lot of different names for his one business. Allen's Moves Are Us is a totally unauthorized name. There was authorization under the name of CLA Enterprises; but this authorization expired at the end of 2008. Since 2009 Charles L. Allen's moving business is illegal under any of its many names. Since this business does not have authorization to move and also does not have insurance when they do damage they will refuse to reimburse you. If you care about your household goods use another movers who is legal and who has insurance.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#2 Nov 17, 2009
Elaine Matthews wrote:
This is an illegal business. Allen's Moves Are Us do not have the required license to be operating. They are also not insured. The Owner, Charles L. Allen, uses a lot of different names for his one business. Allen's Moves Are Us is a totally unauthorized name. There was authorization under the name of CLA Enterprises; but this authorization expired at the end of 2008. Since 2009 Charles L. Allen's moving business is illegal under any of its many names. Since this business does not have authorization to move and also does not have insurance when they do damage they will refuse to reimburse you. If you care about your household goods use another movers who is legal and who has insurance.
I am Charles L Allen and I need to respond to this comment. The lady who wrote this is Elaine Matthews of Bardstown, KY. She contracted with my company for a simple move from an apartment to a condo, and agreed in writing to our minimum fee of $300. The move was short and she demanded a refund. We declined, since $300 is the minimum charge and our crew had to travel an hour from Louisville ot Bardstown to do the move. She was abusive to my workers, and later raised these baseless charges that we damaged her matress. Ms. Matthews is a serial litigator, having filed lawsuits against her realtor, her condo association, and I beleive others who have the misfortune to come in contact with her. She has admitted to the court that she suffers from "chronic depression", "abuse", and feelings of "victimization." These are not my words, but hers, and you can check the record. I have been in this business since 2001 and have never had a customer complaint I could not resolve. You can ask the Better Business Bureau. If you are a potential customer, I hope you will disregard her rant, and consider hiring us.
Elaine Matthews

Bardstown, KY

#3 Nov 17, 2009
Charles L. Allen is dishonest and a liar, in my opinion based on my experiences. He was operating, and probably still is, without a license [see the BBB Reliability Report on his business]. He was also using, or rather misusing, illegal and unauthorized names. The State of Kentucky took action against this illegal movers, and got a restraining order against his doing moving. He is NOT supposed to be moving household goods. If he is still doing so it is illegally, for he lacks the required legal authorization. I was not abusive to his two movers, this is a lie. They were abusive to me and to my property. I did request some price adjustment for the move was just over one hour, involved five miles, and did not warrant the price. I had a right to request adjustment and accepted his refusal. But this is beside the point. The point is that his movers bent my mattress and thereby damaged it, and contaminated it with scabies. One or both of his movers and/or his Budget Truck had skin mites on their hands, arms, and/or clothes and/or within the Budget Truck and so contaminated my mattress. I asked to have the mattress replaced but he refused. I did not want to litigate but did so. The Judge ordered it to mediation but I withdrew the case for had to leave State to be with family. As to prior litigation a realtor had sold me a condo saying it had a heat pump which it did not, plus it had a faulty thermostat. I settled for less than the losses I had incurred. As to the condo association the law requires they have a yearly audit and they had not had an audit in over five years. The grounds were derelict, there were roof problems and questions over the manager, plus we kept having special assessments. I sued for no money but for an order that there needed to be an accounting in compliance with Kentucky Law. Further even if I were a "serial litigator" what of it? If a business and/or a condo management does wrong and refuses to take action to right the wrong what alternative is there but to sue? In the movie when Peter Finch says "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" he was right. There is plenty about which to be "mad as hell", but people are so passive that they just take dishonesties. Charles L. Allen was/is operating illegally; is greedy; is overpriced; is also cheap; is dishonest based on my experiences. What I suffered -from his contamination of my mattress with scabies and from his destruction of it by bending it- was wrong. Further the only reason I used this illegal movers was that he had had an A+ rating with Louisville's BBB. This has now been corrected to an F. Further the Louisville BBB had absurdly given Corvin's in Bardstown a D rating, so that I had not used them even though they would have been over $150 less for the local move. Because of my efforts and information Corvin's has now been given an A rating. I am shocked that this crook would dare lie as he has: just look at his F rating with the BBB. Just see that he failed to obtain the required license. Do NOT have him move you for he is not responsible and if any damage occurs he will not assume responsibility. As far as I remember he has NO insurance. He is a disgusting lying crooked slime in my opinion based on my experiences. As to my suffering from depression due to abuses what has that got to do with his being a filthy crook in my opinion based on my experiences? And yes I have been victimized by dishonest and illegal business people such as this company showed itself to be. The State of Kentucky had to get a restraining order against this company. Dishonesty does victimize those who are done wrong.
Good Citizen

Wildie, KY

#4 Apr 7, 2010
Addressing the previous comments by Elaine Matthews, she is a true, 100% nutcase and has been trying to cause trouble all over the region. She is not somebody you want know. I am sorry this man's business has had the unfortunate oppurtunity to serve her. If interested please google her name and see her stunts and arrest in the Kentucky Standard, as well as many frivilous lawsuits she has filed against the good citizens who run Bernheim Forest. Bernheim is a great institution and gives more to the region than she realizes.
Elaine

Bardstown, KY

#5 Apr 15, 2010
Whether I am or am not "a true, 100% nutcase" is not for you to state. You probably do not even have a college degree, much less a Ph.D. or a M.D., to be able to make such an evaluation. You're probably a stupid ignorant Bullitt County resident who has never travelled further than Jefferson County. Charles L. Allen was operating illegally and was a cheap filthy illegal scumbag. His movers ruined my two year old mattress, by both bending it and by contaminating it with skin mites, and I eventually had to buy a new mattress. He was operating illegally, under a plethora of phony names, and the State had to get a restraining order stopping him from moving illegally. His rating with the Louisville BBB went from a false A+ to a corrected F. He overcharged, had no insurance, was cheap, and dishonest. As to Bernheim they are giving the captive deer only 10% protein feed, plus poor quality grass hay, plus only grass in the enclosure. This combination provides a subsistence/maintenance diet which is inadequate for the energy and caloric needs of the deer. The deer need 16% protein feed and/or good quality alfalfa hay and/or clover planted. The deer are not being supplied enough energy and/or protein by the present cheap subsistence/maintenance diet. Mark K. Wourms killed 300 Canada geese in 2002 when he was executive director of the Kansas City Zoo. He does NOT care about wildlife; he is a businessman who cares ONLY about money/profits. Alice Coomes who worked at Bernheim for ten years when there were more deer, and is very caring and knowledgeable about captive whitetails, was not happy about the present situation including the diet that now exists. Bernheim no longer wants captive deer, and by not taking proper care of the present remaining two whitetails Mark K. Wourms was hoping they would die over the past very harsh winter "nature's way", "survival of the fittest". Alice Coomes also had noticed the torn wire netting in the shed in the enclosure, which Bernheim never cared about or had repaired until authorities demanded repair. The USDA came out to Bernheim on March 15th, because of the complaints and the concerns faxed them from the "true, 100% nutcase", and they also wrote up about the torn wire netting plus additional concerns. Since Mark K. Wourms, Bernheim has cut back on the diet and overall care of the deer for money/profits are their ONLY focus. As to what you allege that they "give" ["Bernheim is a great institution and gives more to the region"] I'd like to factually know. What in fact does Bernheim "give"? In my view because Bullitt County is such a very poor county Bernheim is the big thing there, which does not mean that Bernheim "gives" anything. It just means Bullitt County does not have anything else going on for it; that it is a poor impoverished County and Bernheim therefore becomes something big for is all that is there. Ultimately the lack of ethics and decency will come out if not in my situation then in others. For Bernheim has falsely and maliciously criminalized me; and they won't allow me access to Bernheim despite my being a paid member and having given them $150 for the wildlife. If they were ethical -which they are NOT; they are an unethical business- they would refund me my membership since they won't allow me access, as well as refund me my $150 which was NOT used for the purpose stipulated but was wrongfully commingled with general funds. As Kentucky is unfortunately a very backwards and unenlightened State Bernheim for now is getting away with their wrongs: for what has gone on with the neglect of the deer and the criminalization of me could NOT have happened in a more enlightened, caring, progressive, honest State.
Elaine Matthews

Bardstown, KY

#8 Jun 16, 2010
Fuzzy was put to death on or about May 19, 2010.
A postmortem was refused, even though that would have shown the reason[s] for Fuzzy needing to be put to death. There is a material issue if Fuzzy were starved, by reason of the question of whether or not deer feed was in fact provided from April 1, 2010 to when Fuzzy was put to death. Since a postmortem was refused -which would have clarified the cause[s] of death- there is no way to know why in fact Fuzzy had to be killed. As no one cares [including PETA and the Humane Society of the U.S., each of which are phony, hypocritical groups and vile disgraces], and as most people are too stupid to question and be concerned, Fuzzy's possibly having been unjustly and unjustifiably murdered remains at issue.
It is tragic Fuzzy's final months and ultimate being put to death; as there remains the issue of whether or not Fuzzy was in fact systematically malnourished for months, and as to whether or not he was starved from April 1st to the time he was put to death. A necropsy would have been ideal and would have clarified what the cause[s] of death was[were]; but a necropsy was unreasonably refused. But Fuzzy can no longer suffer and those who caused his sufferings and killing will ultimately be made to pay when they in turn need meet their own dyings and deaths.
Our whole country is in a terrible decline: what with our being at war now for over eight years, which makes NO sense; the ongoing tragedy of BP, which makes NO sense; what with our terrible economy; all the real estate foreclosures, unemployment, homeless; we are a country in complete decline and we will continue to decline for we have become a country without moral/ethical fabric and are causing havoc to nature and the environment and destruction by our endless warmongering and violence. We are a declining country which has lost any and all moral compass.
Fuzzy now is at peace and rest. and can no longer suffer and/or be harmed by the neglect and/or abuses which he endured by heartless sadistic humans. If in fact Fuzzy was done wrong[s] those ignorant and insensitive and heartless humans who are responsible will pay in full; for "Vengeance is mine saith the Lord." In the end each of us will be held accountable for our wrongful acts and omissions; and if what was wrongfully and wrongly done against Fuzzy and to Fuzzy -where he was for months systematically malnourished and in the last weeks of his existence cruelly starved- those liable will suffer upon their own eventual dying and deaths. For in the arrogance of those who view they are in positions of power they carelessly inflict suffering, even though their positions are meaningless in the end. Their positions are in the end meaningless and in the end they will be held accountable for each and all of their wrongful omissions and commissions. Those who feel in control and powerful today will ultimately be held accountable for their wrongs, and experience how little control and power they in fact ultimately have. For we are all going to die; and no one has genuine power no matter how important they foolishly believe theirself to be. And if there were deliberate neglect, cruely, sadism, viciousness against Fuzzy, those arrogant, stupid, insensitive, brutal, and ignorant humans who are responsible will ultimately pay. For a brief while we may think we get away with our wrongs: but ultimately we will be held accountable and pay for each wrong - for God does not forget a single detail. There is no decency, integrity, honesty, caring in this declining country; and things will get worse for there is no integrity and genuine caring here.
James

Corbin, KY

#9 Jun 18, 2010
Elaine Matthews wrote:
Charles L. Allen is dishonest and a liar, in my opinion based on my experiences. He was operating, and probably still is, without a license [see the BBB Reliability Report on his business]. He was also using, or rather misusing, illegal and unauthorized names. The State of Kentucky took action against this illegal movers, and got a restraining order against his doing moving. He is NOT supposed to be moving household goods. If he is still doing so it is illegally, for he lacks the required legal authorization. I was not abusive to his two movers, this is a lie. They were abusive to me and to my property. I did request some price adjustment for the move was just over one hour, involved five miles, and did not warrant the price. I had a right to request adjustment and accepted his refusal. But this is beside the point. The point is that his movers bent my mattress and thereby damaged it, and contaminated it with scabies. One or both of his movers and/or his Budget Truck had skin mites on their hands, arms, and/or clothes and/or within the Budget Truck and so contaminated my mattress. I asked to have the mattress replaced but he refused. I did not want to litigate but did so. The Judge ordered it to mediation but I withdrew the case for had to leave State to be with family. As to prior litigation a realtor had sold me a condo saying it had a heat pump which it did not, plus it had a faulty thermostat. I settled for less than the losses I had incurred. As to the condo association the law requires they have a yearly audit and they had not had an audit in over five years. The grounds were derelict, there were roof problems and questions over the manager, plus we kept having special assessments. I sued for no money but for an order that there needed to be an accounting in compliance with Kentucky Law. Further even if I were a "serial litigator" what of it? If a business and/or a condo management does wrong and refuses to take action to right the wrong what alternative is there but to sue? In the movie when Peter Finch says "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore" he was right. There is plenty about which to be "mad as hell", but people are so passive that they just take dishonesties. Charles L. Allen was/is operating illegally; is greedy; is overpriced; is also cheap; is dishonest based on my experiences. What I suffered -from his contamination of my mattress with scabies and from his destruction of it by bending it- was wrong. Further the only reason I used this illegal movers was that he had had an A+ rating with Louisville's BBB. This has now been corrected to an F. Further the Louisville BBB had absurdly given Corvin's in Bardstown a D rating, so that I had not used them even though they would have been over $150 less for the local move. Because of my efforts and information Corvin's has now been given an A rating. I am shocked that this crook would dare lie as he has: just look at his F rating with the BBB. Just see that he failed to obtain the required license. Do NOT have him move you for he is not responsible and if any damage occurs he will not assume responsibility. As far as I remember he has NO insurance. He is a disgusting lying crooked slime in my opinion based on my experiences. As to my suffering from depression due to abuses what has that got to do with his being a filthy crook in my opinion based on my experiences? And yes I have been victimized by dishonest and illegal business people such as this company showed itself to be. The State of Kentucky had to get a restraining order against this company. Dishonesty does victimize those who are done wrong.
I totally agree 100%, Charles L Allen is as big a crook as they come. Hired his company to do a move a few years ago and a crew of non english speaking illegals showed up. Long story short, several things came up missing and broken and the jerk refused to compensate. Your a fool if you use his company.
James

Corbin, KY

#10 Jun 18, 2010
Little billy

Corbin, KY

#11 Jun 18, 2010
Charles Allen touched my wiener, Im so ashamed!
Charles L Allen

United States

#12 Jul 13, 2010
Please remove this trash. I can not believe it was allowed to be posted in the first place. Thank you.

Since: Nov 09

United States

#13 Jul 29, 2010
http://www.topix.com/forum/louisville/T5JQU4P... #

This is highly inappropriate.

This is a total lie.

This needs to be removed immediately.

Thank you
Mike

Mayfield, KY

#15 Jul 29, 2010
Does the truth hurt, Charles?
givemeabreak

Calhoun, KY

#16 Dec 16, 2014
moves are us wrote:
<quoted text>
I am Charles L Allen and I need to respond to this comment. The lady who wrote this is Elaine Matthews of Bardstown, KY. She contracted with my company for a simple move from an apartment to a condo, and agreed in writing to our minimum fee of $300. The move was short and she demanded a refund. We declined, since $300 is the minimum charge and our crew had to travel an hour from Louisville ot Bardstown to do the move. She was abusive to my workers, and later raised these baseless charges that we damaged her matress. Ms. Matthews is a serial litigator, having filed lawsuits against her realtor, her condo association, and I beleive others who have the misfortune to come in contact with her. She has admitted to the court that she suffers from "chronic depression", "abuse", and feelings of "victimization." These are not my words, but hers, and you can check the record. I have been in this business since 2001 and have never had a customer complaint I could not resolve. You can ask the Better Business Bureau. If you are a potential customer, I hope you will disregard her rant, and consider hiring us.
This woman is a complete psycho ,
givemeabreak

Calhoun, KY

#17 Dec 16, 2014
James wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree 100%, Charles L Allen is as big a crook as they come. Hired his company to do a move a few years ago and a crew of non english speaking illegals showed up. Long story short, several things came up missing and broken and the jerk refused to compensate. Your a fool if you use his company.
I see Elaine is at it again , with her one namers - Elaine , seriously , GET A HOBBY other than trying to hurt people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the best club in Louisville to find swi... 24 min Chuck 2
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 45 min Concerned_American 9,246
Walking Bridge 2 hr endocrine system 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 2 hr Scotty Steiner 2,398
anyone know beth smith (Jun '15) 5 hr Anonymous 2
Poll Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 5 hr Dottie 107
Any good adult movie theaters for a single girl... (Nov '12) 11 hr Anonymous 25

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages