cts russell halfway house barbara str...
Austin

London, KY

#88 Dec 30, 2013
I was in CTS Russell from June 8th until December 7th of 2012. I can tell you from first hand experience that this place isn't as bad as it's being made out to be. Were there bed bugs? Absolutely! There were also crazy bullshit rules, bad food, rude staff, and yes there were drugs around if you wanted to find them. But you encounter all those same things when you're on the street, short of the bed bugs. These people are inmates still, it's not supposed to be easy or pleasant. The only thing I can really agree with is that the program it's self was non existent. But that's because we made it that way. We didn't want to be there, and collectively decided fuck it! We played cards, and talked and joked through all of our classes. Rarely was a "monitor" present in any class. But if your loved one is complaining that he isn't learning anything, or nobody is teaching him then it's because he wants it that way. I've been to many different jails, rehabs, and institutions and this was the easiest time I've ever done! Order food on the weekend, get your own Playstation 2 and tv, great view of downtown, a million different types of people to get to know. It's only bad if you make it that way. I suggest if your family members or loved ones hate it so much encourage them to be active while they're there. Get a job, inside the facility, or teach a class or anything... And it's sad they have you all worrying so much when it's really not that bad! I know my family worried enough already and I tried to make it sound great so they could relax a little. If your ppl call complaining please tell these cry babies to man up, it's not a women's facility!
true

Paris, KY

#89 Jan 13, 2014
maybe it has improved. the thread was started a while back.
aks

United States

#90 Jan 20, 2014
My bf is there now...im very scared now.we r from somerset ill b going
ex inmate

Shelbyville, KY

#91 Jan 31, 2014
This place is definitely a place were u can not get sober there is more drugs in this place an there is no recovery its a joke ur not even taught recovery dynamics it really needs to be looked into
nunya

United States

#92 Feb 3, 2014
I have a spouse about to parole out to there. While sittin in jail removed from the world has been makin claims of bein a changed person. If u ask me it's a bunch of empty promises like all the times before. If this place is like y'all say it shouldn't take long to find out how sincere they are. If I was placin bets I'd put money on them endin up bein a runner.
interesting

Lexington, KY

#93 Feb 3, 2014
mother of man there wrote:
I can not believe things of this nature are allowed to go on. My son messed up but this is cruel & unusual punishment. I have every intention of getting this stuff to any and all media that will listen. Apparently The Dept. Of Corrections can care less or this place would already be shut down. I would welcome any who would be willing to join this crusade.
I'd LOVE to send a few people here... ; )
Worried

London, KY

#94 Feb 12, 2014
aks wrote:
My bf is there now...im very scared now.we r from somerset ill b going
I am also from Somerset and my fiancé is supposably going there in March on parole. After reading all these horrible things I am thinking he would be better off refusing parole and staying at PCDC waiting for MRS. I was wondering how your bf was doing and if this place is as bad as everyone is saying.
worried mom

Paris, TN

#95 Feb 15, 2014
'Oh my this
place sounds horrible and my son is being sent there
curious George

Paris, TN

#96 Feb 17, 2014
So tell me is this place still bed bug infested? Do they still treat people like dogs?
ex cts russle resident-

Mckee, KY

#97 Mar 22, 2014
ex employee wrote:
this woman running this place is the last person that should be in charge.she hires her familly that are not even mature enough to handle this type of work she lets her god dauhter walk around cursing men out. and her self like wise she also has sex offenders there on the property. that are twenty years old. now when we were told we were getting sex offenders they said that they were sex offenders that had done something over twenty years ago but these guys are twenty one or twenty two years old.and she had the nerve to even bring thirty or more children in that placefor some stupid tour.this lady is plum crazy. and should be fired.it is an abomination the way some of these guys are treated in cts russell.this lady makes up rules as she goes .she will tell the guys that they are bringing contraband in the place such as chips or soda and throw it away when they sell the same products upstairs.it appears that any thing is contraband if you are not buying this from her husband who just so happens to own the vending company that sells all the goods.she is a disgrace and i feel should be locked up she has also taken money from inmates .she is just one of those ladys who will play stupid when her hand is caught in the cookie jar .her famous words are oh i didnt know that this was going on.for an example we had a gentle man ther in a inmate dorm and he had hiv and was in the last stages of aids he went to the doctor and was there for about one week.and he came back. with wounds .and needed a nurse to change him, but could not get a nurse because this lady would not hire one.and this poor guy was laying around with bandages hanging off of of him and bandages on the floor. so i told her about this and she tells me that she didnt know he had aids.but it is in his papper work plan as day.and he has had it since 1984.she does not care about moniters there or any one else.yours trully ex employee
i seen a person there with TB and took meds to keep from spreading it, even though he was a state inmate they had no nurse or person to help him get his meds ,i got out before i seen any progressin getting him proper medical attention n,plus i absolutly got eat up by the bed bugs there,i completed the program there and the experience of being there will always haunt me ,
ex cts russle resident-

Mckee, KY

#98 Mar 22, 2014
interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd LOVE to send a few people here... ; )
i tell ya coming fro prison barbra strahm was sexy as heck to me and was when i left ,all the sexy little monitors they have is the only good thing there ,hot butts, other than that its HELL on earth
Jksbaby

Greenfield, IN

#99 Mar 26, 2014
My boyfriend is there now, and the bed bugs are still rampant!!!!! In every letter I have to encourage him to stay in that rat hole and not take off, do that he can come home without having to look over his shoulder, or copping an escape charge!!!! That place is bullshit!
will

United States

#100 Mar 31, 2014
Just ran from there and going to turn my self back in at jail the bed bugs and thy are smoking crack and shoting dope ever night
will

United States

#101 Mar 31, 2014
Austin wrote:
I was in CTS Russell from June 8th until December 7th of 2012. I can tell you from first hand experience that this place isn't as bad as it's being made out to be. Were there bed bugs? Absolutely! There were also crazy bullshit rules, bad food, rude staff, and yes there were drugs around if you wanted to find them. But you encounter all those same things when you're on the street, short of the bed bugs. These people are inmates still, it's not supposed to be easy or pleasant. The only thing I can really agree with is that the program it's self was non existent. But that's because we made it that way. We didn't want to be there, and collectively decided fuck it! We played cards, and talked and joked through all of our classes. Rarely was a "monitor" present in any class. But if your loved one is complaining that he isn't learning anything, or nobody is teaching him then it's because he wants it that way. I've been to many different jails, rehabs, and institutions and this was the easiest time I've ever done! Order food on the weekend, get your own Playstation 2 and tv, great view of downtown, a million different types of people to get to know. It's only bad if you make it that way. I suggest if your family members or loved ones hate it so much encourage them to be active while they're there. Get a job, inside the facility, or teach a class or anything... And it's sad they have you all worrying so much when it's really not that bad! I know my family worried enough already and I tried to make it sound great so they could relax a little. If your ppl call complaining please tell these cry babies to man up, it's not a women's facility!
i just ran from there had the go to the er over bed bug bites thy was so bad i got sick
kdfgnd

Lexington, KY

#103 Apr 5, 2014
i just got out of there a couple days ago and i agree w/ everything yall have said about it. i dont think yall understand how much dope is in there tho. its absolutly flooded with it. people fall out in the hallways its off the chain. people come in with out a drug problem and leave addicted to heroin ahah
wife of resident

Cincinnati, OH

#104 Apr 16, 2014
Oh just flipping great hubby is in there to clean up I don't know why his been clean for 2 yrs now but get a parole mess up and is in there now. just what he don't need is the drugs or the dam bed bugs.
Greer loca

Philadelphia, PA

#105 Apr 25, 2014
mother of man there wrote:
I can not believe things of this nature are allowed to go on. My son messed up but this is cruel & unusual punishment. I have every intention of getting this stuff to any and all media that will listen. Apparently The Dept. Of Corrections can care less or this place would already be shut down. I would welcome any who would be willing to join this crusade.
I will definitely join you
resident

Louisville, KY

#106 Aug 12, 2014
people un because there getting high and there on parole mostly I noting more then absconded so they really don't care. some state inmates have been running lately not there best choice because now there getting new charges and gonna get sent o a lockd down prison.they have started sing recovey dynamics and cracking donbut se people are forcd todo this sit ad they dnt really want2 not everyone that gets sent there isa addict some of people who sol that didn't do drugs while others don't want to be here because they wuld have seredout faster just stayin in prison. its 100 times better then a class d I knw that but itdefinitly needs some wrk. the sap coordinatorthere is a racist prick though I tie my hardet to bcome a elder and te blackguys therethat wou act up nd smoke spice he would choose to try to help them before any body even though they really didn't want it. th inmates pretty much rn this plac and theres no one there that's evenrained in sort that could stop absconders ora riot for that matter. als its gonna take is fr the airconditioning to break to start the inmates gin crazy and there not gonna know hat to do
concerned

Covington, KY

#107 Sep 7, 2014
Since concerned family members most likely stumble across this posting when they find out someone they know is being sent here, I wld like to say it isn't that bad. It is rehab and inmates r held to high standards and expected to obey all rules or be held accountable...I think this is what a drug addict needs and it doesn't translate to a bad place. There r no bed bugs, the food is ok but not great, and the guys have an oppotunity to earn privledges like leaving for church or working at the local food pantry. Some of these guys r luck that they have been sent to a residential rehab to learn some coping skills instead of sitting in jail, it is the best opportunity that some of them. U get what u put into it and it isn't easy but it is a chance to start over.
Driley

United States

#108 Oct 26, 2014
Just went yesterday wrote:
After reading all of this I just don't know!! I have talked to him a few times already.. Does anyone know If I can drop his clothes off to him and some other things that he asked for or do I have to mail them to him? Could some please let me know!!
You have to mail everything unless it's his first visit then you can take them..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are girls in south Louisville and Dixie hig... 3 hr Question 18
Galen College (Oct '09) 6 hr natasha 4
White police =Bad People 10 hr Daniel 9
hook up 10 hr Denny C 28
News Debate now as much about Confederacy's role in ... 10 hr nah 3
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 13 hr DCampa RLauers 9,221
Veronica Villier (Feb '13) 14 hr Mee 15

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance