cts russell halfway house barbara strahm on compitance

Posted in the Louisville Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
ex employee

Louisville, KY

#1 May 10, 2011
this woman running this place is the last person that should be in charge.she hires her familly that are not even mature enough to handle this type of work she lets her god dauhter walk around cursing men out. and her self like wise she also has sex offenders there on the property. that are twenty years old. now when we were told we were getting sex offenders they said that they were sex offenders that had done something over twenty years ago but these guys are twenty one or twenty two years old.and she had the nerve to even bring thirty or more children in that placefor some stupid tour.this lady is plum crazy. and should be fired.it is an abomination the way some of these guys are treated in cts russell.this lady makes up rules as she goes .she will tell the guys that they are bringing contraband in the place such as chips or soda and throw it away when they sell the same products upstairs.it appears that any thing is contraband if you are not buying this from her husband who just so happens to own the vending company that sells all the goods.she is a disgrace and i feel should be locked up she has also taken money from inmates .she is just one of those ladys who will play stupid when her hand is caught in the cookie jar .her famous words are oh i didnt know that this was going on.for an example we had a gentle man ther in a inmate dorm and he had hiv and was in the last stages of aids he went to the doctor and was there for about one week.and he came back. with wounds .and needed a nurse to change him, but could not get a nurse because this lady would not hire one.and this poor guy was laying around with bandages hanging off of of him and bandages on the floor. so i told her about this and she tells me that she didnt know he had aids.but it is in his papper work plan as day.and he has had it since 1984.she does not care about moniters there or any one else.yours trully ex employee
ex employee

Louisville, KY

#2 May 10, 2011
i could go on forever about this place it is so disgusting. i cant beleive it is going on in this time day and age
me here

Manchester, KY

#3 Aug 7, 2011
ex employee wrote:
i could go on forever about this place it is so disgusting. i cant beleive it is going on in this time day and age
this place is cheap. no heat or air, and has bed bugs really bad
mother of man there

La Salle, IL

#4 Oct 29, 2011
I can not believe things of this nature are allowed to go on. My son messed up but this is cruel & unusual punishment. I have every intention of getting this stuff to any and all media that will listen. Apparently The Dept. Of Corrections can care less or this place would already be shut down. I would welcome any who would be willing to join this crusade.
Robin Mother of Son There

West Bloomfield, MI

#5 Nov 3, 2011
Can someone please give me an address for this cts russul half way house? A Phone number would be great too. I'm trying to get a hold of my son Anthony D. Saylor. Any help is deeply appreciated.
cts evacuee

Mount Sterling, KY

#6 Nov 17, 2011
this place is a zoo. i have done a little time and have never seen a place run like that. from the top to the bottom the staff is either inbred family members or recovering junkies or alcoholics. they sprayed for bedbugs at least twice a week. the sap program is a joke. while i was there at least 75 people ran off. sometimes two and three at a time. the counselors, especially gering will not let anyone out for aa/na meeetings and is a very rude witch. they all seem to be related, and i thought inbreeding only happened in eastern ky. f*ck cts russell there is a special place in hell for all of you di*k suckers.
missing my love

Belton, KY

#7 Nov 28, 2011
Just received call from my love. I hate hearing the things he tells me goes on at CTS. The SAP program is run like no other. Residence can't work on recovery because staff is always wanting them to do write-ups on others. Can't talk to caseworkers without first going through an elder.
They don't give out home placement papers soon enough causing the person to have to stay there longer than necessary. Place is full of bed bugs. The food isn't good. The residents should be given more consideration than what they are. Can't wait to get my love out of that place!!!
btownballer

Louisville, KY

#8 Nov 30, 2011
I helped open that place back in Nov 2009. I am glad I got out of there when I did. I hated that place from day 1. Barbara has no clue on what goes on there.When I was there a monitor was stealin residents meds and sellin them on the street and Barbara knew bout it and did nothin. I cant believe that place is still open. It needs to be shut down. The rules there are made up every day. Barbara hides in her office like a scared child and expects the staff handle everything on their own. She will get whats commin her way
missing my love

Madisonville, KY

#9 Dec 13, 2011
I don't know exactly what is going on but its not righht. I sent 2 boxes on Dec 5 & Dec 7 to my love. One had winter clothes and the other food. They were sent priority mail meaning next day delivery. He hasn't received them or the 3 letters written. It doesn't matter that this is Christmas mailing season because priority is priority no matter what. My love has always received box next day everytime til this time.

I have heard so many bad things about CTS & its staff. What are the odds of them helping themselves to residence mail? Should this be the case Federal Government needs to be aware of it as well as Dept. of Corrections!!!

Mail & packages from home mean alot to the residents. It helps them to make it thru. Not everyone there is allowed to work or gets state pay and depend on what is sent to them from home. It is hard on outside trying to help those on inside especially when they aren't receiving what is theirs. We cannot afford to repurchase items & resend.
Weedn

Florence, KY

#10 Dec 19, 2011
This place is a jail in a house. A musilim recovery natzi runs the program. He walks around talking about and aa stuff for 45 mins. and making up accountablitiy rules for little childern. The mission statement says to " To treat a person not on what they
ve done, but on who they could be. This whole place breeds negativity. No peace in CTS
freebird

Louisville, KY

#11 Dec 22, 2011
missing my love wrote:
I don't know exactly what is going on but its not righht. I sent 2 boxes on Dec 5 & Dec 7 to my love. One had winter clothes and the other food. They were sent priority mail meaning next day delivery. He hasn't received them or the 3 letters written. It doesn't matter that this is Christmas mailing season because priority is priority no matter what. My love has always received box next day everytime til this time.
I have heard so many bad things about CTS & its staff. What are the odds of them helping themselves to residence mail? Should this be the case Federal Government needs to be aware of it as well as Dept. of Corrections!!!
Mail & packages from home mean alot to the residents. It helps them to make it thru. Not everyone there is allowed to work or gets state pay and depend on what is sent to them from home. It is hard on outside trying to help those on inside especially when they aren't receiving what is theirs. We cannot afford to repurchase items & resend.
you may want to bring this to the attention of DOC, short for department of corrections. u may also want to look into talkin with a lawyer also. i agree with u cts is not a fit place. i helped open it. if you sent something in the mail he should of recieved it. also check with the post office to see if they can try to find out if it has been delivered. if it has call the facility and ask to speak with the assistant director. dont speak to barbara cause she will lie to you. talk to the assistant director.
CTS SAP GRADUATE

Somerset, KY

#12 Dec 23, 2011
The place is a he'll Joe walks around with his head so far up his ass talking about his self all the time like he cares about people there when in all he is shit off my shoe.. Barbra is the most inconsederit person I've ever seen and cares for no one or nothing but herself or money.. I was a Elder there for the whole 7 months I was there and the buddy's of mine who were elders ran the sap program on our on but they were able to make up rules any time they wanted... The writing people up is part of taking responsibility for your own actions but some of the shit was stupid... I was clean before I got there and there was nothing I took from there to help keep me clean... The bed bugs they don't care about them and neither does DOC we wrote and sent dead bed bugs to them in letters, they come looked around and left nothing done.... The place is so full of drugs that it's crazy spice, bath salt, coke, crack, pills you name it you can get it.... The place needs to be shut down and I'd love to see Joe and all of them lose there jobs and anything they have they put me through so much when I was there and then say to me it was to help me really come on you alcoholic tell the truth I've smelt the alcohol on your breath to many times
missing my love

Madisonville, KY

#13 Dec 23, 2011
freebird wrote:
<quoted text>
you may want to bring this to the attention of DOC, short for department of corrections. u may also want to look into talkin with a lawyer also. i agree with u cts is not a fit place. i helped open it. if you sent something in the mail he should of recieved it. also check with the post office to see if they can try to find out if it has been delivered. if it has call the facility and ask to speak with the assistant director. dont speak to barbara cause she will lie to you. talk to the assistant director.
Thank you for your input. Recently found out that it isn't CTS fault he didn't get his mail or packages.. He left without leave.
I knew nothing of this, received call from him and he led me to believe he was still there. Obviously not. Began checking on Western Unions sent to him and they were picked up in different state. I haven't heard from him since. I found out he was gone when calling to check on visitation day & time. What a slap in the face after standing by him for so long. Merry Christmas!!
fr hoptown

Hopkinsville, KY

#14 May 2, 2012
is there a new guy there by the name of J. Lear?? really important that I find him asap!!!
misslookkin

Horse Branch, KY

#15 May 17, 2012
is this place still ran like this? my boyfriend is in there he said it sucked but he wont tell me anything and im starting to worry its worse than the jail he was in.
Todd

Mount Washington, KY

#16 May 22, 2012
fr hoptown wrote:
is there a new guy there by the name of J. Lear?? really important that I find him asap!!!
I can find him what's your email
is real

Greenville, KY

#17 Jun 1, 2012
misslookkin wrote:
is this place still ran like this? my boyfriend is in there he said it sucked but he wont tell me anything and im starting to worry its worse than the jail he was in.
Yes the place is pretty bad and he is probably right in saying its worse than the jail he was in... they make it really hard on those that are there.
Just went yesterday

Chicago, IL

#18 Jun 9, 2012
After reading all of this I just don't know!! I have talked to him a few times already.. Does anyone know If I can drop his clothes off to him and some other things that he asked for or do I have to mail them to him? Could some please let me know!!
is real

Nebo, KY

#19 Jun 9, 2012
Just went yesterday wrote:
After reading all of this I just don't know!! I have talked to him a few times already.. Does anyone know If I can drop his clothes off to him and some other things that he asked for or do I have to mail them to him? Could some please let me know!!
You can take them to him on day you go visit him....be sure that he can have items your taking or sending.
Just went yesterday

United States

#20 Jun 9, 2012
Okay thanks!! I called and talked to the daytime supervisor and he said I could bring it this week between the hours of 7 to 7! What are some things that you can't bring?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr bloodyknuckles 5,031
Anyone know someone who has lost a finger or toe? 2 hr Dr J 1
girl nicknamed blue 3 hr bigpoppa 3
Arrest made in connection with Hazel Street sho... 7 hr frankie 1
diamond cabaret strip club 7 hr Lol 6
Louisville Topix Legend, Flat Top Freddie has r... 7 hr Flat Top Freddie 6
Muhlenberg Co. home invasion suspect shot by de... 9 hr No tats 34
•••
•••
Louisville Dating