Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81699 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#98277 Dec 25, 2014
What a great Xmas, everyone got more then they expected and so much food and candy I'm needing a nap, lol the weather is great No snow:( but that's ok cause tomorrow we can get to use the gift cards and not worry about the crazy drivers! Hope everyone had a fabulous Xmas;)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#98278 Dec 25, 2014
For any that might care, the Ancient Wolf is not dead and stopped in to hope each of you has had a Blessed Christmas,

Level 1

Location hidden

#98280 Dec 26, 2014
What a crazy day today, warm weather, playing with all the children's toys, now have to make the plans for New Years, what to do or where to go. Can't wait to bring in the New Year with the special one!
Anne 52

Paris, TN

#98283 Dec 27, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
For any that might care, the Ancient Wolf is not dead and stopped in to hope each of you has had a Blessed Christmas,
Hello! Good to "see" you in here! And yes, we're glad youre not dead!

To princess and Abeliever and all the others a big hello also.
My topix app is failing me and I had to google this thread to even find it as it does not show up in any city's forum . Makes me crazy .

Level 1

Location hidden

#98284 Dec 27, 2014
Try to delete the app and add it again, that might help. Any plans for the New Years? I'm really wanting to go to New York but not this year with the snow, so maybe I'll settle for a indoor water park and then home to bake some cookies!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#98286 Dec 27, 2014
Popcorn... Long ago the folks popped corn that they had to first shell off the cob. Then put in a folding metal basket with a long handle and hold over the hot coals of a fireplace or the burner removed from the wood burning cook stove or a camp fire. Later Mom used a big pan with a lid and just slid the pan back and forth on top the old wood burner to keep the corn from sticking. I can still recall the noise of the sliding pan.
Popcorn balls were made with melting sorghum in a dish pan and with a little baking soda added to keep the molasses from boiling over. If one wants to raise their own popcorn, never plant it too close to eating or field corn. It will cross pollinate and won't pop. Hominy is made by soaking hardened field corn soaked in lye from wood ashes to remove the skin of the kernel. Grits are made from dried and ground hominy. Maybe I will make some store bought grits later for breakfast.
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#98287 Dec 28, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Popcorn... Long ago the folks popped corn that they had to first shell off the cob. Then put in a folding metal basket with a long handle and hold over the hot coals of a fireplace or the burner removed from the wood burning cook stove or a camp fire. Later Mom used a big pan with a lid and just slid the pan back and forth on top the old wood burner to keep the corn from sticking. I can still recall the noise of the sliding pan.
Popcorn balls were made with melting sorghum in a dish pan and with a little baking soda added to keep the molasses from boiling over. If one wants to raise their own popcorn, never plant it too close to eating or field corn. It will cross pollinate and won't pop. Hominy is made by soaking hardened field corn soaked in lye from wood ashes to remove the skin of the kernel. Grits are made from dried and ground hominy. Maybe I will make some store bought grits later for breakfast.
AW,
Great to see you here. I just wanted to tell you that I too remember the sound of that "sliding pan". Even now, when Mom pops corn in the pressure cooker (without the lid) she slides that pan the same way. I Wonder how far across America the tradition goes.... It's a great memory from my youth.

Rick

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#98288 Dec 28, 2014
@Abeliever ??
Hahaha
Anne 52

Paris, TN

#98290 Dec 28, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Try to delete the app and add it again, that might help. Any plans for the New Years? I'm really wanting to go to New York but not this year with the snow, so maybe I'll settle for a indoor water park and then home to bake some cookies!
That's a good idea. I'll try that

The g'kids like indoor water parks and we've managed to get a few in. Not ever been to NYC though. Too much stress for me lol
Real Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#98295 Dec 31, 2014
Happy New Year to the regulars.....especially Ancient Wolf.

Location hidden

#98297 Dec 31, 2014
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
@trollman??
Hahaha
Touche and happy New Year to you and everyone..

Location hidden

#98301 Dec 31, 2014
Says the weak hearted unregistered account...
Ancient Wolf

Perry, GA

#98307 Jan 4, 2015
Real Abeliever wrote:
Happy New Year Everyone. Be safe.
@ Ancient Wolf, email me so we can get caught up.
I restored my computer and lost email addresses. Better that you send the update then I can reply.
Anne 52

Paris, TN

#98308 Jan 5, 2015
Good Morning!
School is officially back in session and it is bitter cold outside. Just out of the holiday season but is is birthday week around here. Two of them. One gets a camouflage cake with orange icing (cake mixes sure have changed) and the other gets a purple cake with hot pink icing .
Anyway, y'all have a warm cozy day.

Location hidden

#98312 Jan 8, 2015
Really?
did any

Wooton, KY

#98313 Jan 8, 2015
you happen to see where them earth quakes was coming in er vine Tex.i think they said about 11 in 2 days time.that lot little quakes.
IND

Wooton, KY

#98317 Jan 9, 2015
yep nice good time get the old sun suits lay on the sun deck soak up the good sun..wow about 51 days to march 1'th, that a spring month. haa think god for all good things.have nice spring ..

bestguest

“The Ending Is....”

Since: Nov 13

Not Here

#98318 Jan 9, 2015
Princess412 wrote:
What a crazy day today, warm weather, playing with all the children's toys, now have to make the plans for New Years, what to do or where to go. Can't wait to bring in the New Year with the special one!
Awww so sorry you had no one to take you out on New Years. We had a great party! Awesome fireworks! Grandkids had a blast!

Location hidden

#98321 Jan 10, 2015
To bad them Wildcats had them for a snack huh?

Location hidden

#98323 Jan 10, 2015
How bout them Wildcats today? 2 OTs but they pulled it out.. How bout them Cards?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 7 hr Jeff 2,647
Bluegrass Secrets 7 hr Also Curious 2
song title game 11 hr Politically Incor... 26
News Woman injured in hit-and-run on Taylorsville Ro... 11 hr Politically Incor... 1
Classic muscle(berry Blvd) Chris nezer mike nezer (Jul '16) 12 hr Iron Horseman 17
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 14 hr Sharlene45 9,522
kimberly hurtt-caswell (Jul '10) 14 hr Kimberly a caswell 6

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages