Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81773 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#97923 Aug 20, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Have a wonderful night!
Thank you, Anne! And you have a wonderful day, today!

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#97931 Aug 23, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>You are so welcome. That has been my whole point over the course of this thread. Too much indulging in conspiracy theories and other negative issues can easily consume one's well-being and zest for life resulting in depression. And a state of depression can easily destroy one's physical health and even life itself.

Conversly, too much happy-go-lucky, giddiness, and foolish nonsensical play can leave one so dependant on an escape from reality that the slightest hint of reality can knock the wind out of their sails. Things they could normally just shrug off can take them right back to the same depressing results. I am glad you have found peace, but I would suggest that just finding peace is not sufficient and we must work daily to nurture and grow the peace within our existence. Good luck.
Yes, the balance in life is where happiness is it's fullest.
Hope you have had a lovely summer!

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#97932 Aug 23, 2014
Anne 52 wrote:
@tollesboro guy and AW.
Wow. That's quite a lot of living and a terrific amount of knowledge. My ex son in law works at "a computer company" and when you google them , it's his face that appears on the "first page". He went through his bachelors and masters with a 4.0 so the potential to be like you guys is certainly there. He's a good person. We miss him. Sigh.
Me? Sheesh. All that's way above me. Lol. The traveling I would love and years ago I would go on the work trips with my better half . Good times. Then the kids started school and I volunteered and volunteered-- some weeks 30 plus hours. Last several years I've been overseeing all this barn, pond, house etc construction . Did pretty good too! Right now the project is getting approximately 250 large hand cut "basement " stones set into a wall at the edge of the pond. Better half will love it when he sees it!!
Anne,

The wall sounds awesome, I'm jealous! The computer stuff is no big deal, but I did get to move around with the movers and shakers. The ARMY trained me and in 1979 there were no PC's in the big companies. IBM made the first AT in 1981. I started as an engineer at a manufacturer and after a year the VP Sales asked me to sign up for a job he was posting. I did, and for one year supported all 5 Regional Managers and put 5 years of learning into one. And, the great companies will teach you how to call on them too. After two years in Denver ( a big difference from Huntsville, AL) I came back to HQ in Huntsville and supported the resellers we had by then and was on a plane for 2 years, every day but Saturday.
My wife and I started three different companies, built them up in the SE for 7-10 years and sold them all for a nice profit.
So, we retired when I turned 55 and really started focusing on her horse business. I have two volunteer jobs with veterans suffering from PTSD and I love it.

My take? Keep all our troops here at home. We're going to need them here, I think ISIS is already here! Think of all the lives we lost in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan! What a waste. Those were not our wars and the US can no longer be "The Police" for the rest of the world.

God Bless America and BTW, the New Madrid faultline is active again. Wasn't that and the birds dying in W. Kentucky the start of this great thread? http://www.activistpost.com/2014/08/large-hol...

Rick
north

Harrogate, TN

#97933 Aug 23, 2014
nature takes is course wrote:
What about people falling dead everyday. Anyone thought about life cycles?….Birds, fish, people….our bodies don't live forever.
Survival of the fittest?
When has hundreds of people fell from the sky with their internal organs liquidized? Is this some new form of life cycle where groups of peoples organs turn to liquid that I am unaware of?
Birds

United States

#97936 Aug 25, 2014
Good thread
taco hell raiser

Arlington Heights, IL

#97937 Aug 25, 2014
years ago --- A troop of Boy Scouts on a camping trip at buzzards roost decides to have a weenie/marshmallow roast. They cut some sticks for everyone, and roast away, and eat their fill. The next morning they are all dead because they all used oleander sticks to roast with, oleander is deadly poison .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97938 Aug 26, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
The ARMY trained me and in 1979 there were no PC's in the big companies. IBM made the first AT in 1981.
My computer career started 16 years earlier as an operator when a 4K mainframe machine took up a 16' by 24' room. LOL After a short time at that and to avoid the draft, I volunteered with the U.S. Air Force who trained me to be a computer programmer developing mainframe software to schedule maintenance and repairs for fighter jets being shipped to Vietnam. God blessed me to be able to go to college concurrently with and following my 4 years of service and not be among the poor souls that never made it back home or had my name plastered on the WALL.

Following the military, I continued college at nights and went to work for a large company working 17 more years as a supervisor of computer software developers and advanced through the ranks to work 25 more years managing large mainframes operating 24/7/364 (we shut down only on Christmas Day). That operation had connectivity to over 900 in-house work stations and over 8000 dial up sitiutations operating in 42 different states. So my background has been more in the large mainframe sector.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97940 Aug 26, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>My computer career started 16 years earlier as an operator when a 4K mainframe machine took up a 16' by 24' room. LOL After a short time at that and to avoid the draft, I volunteered with the U.S. Air Force who trained me to be a computer programmer developing mainframe software to schedule maintenance and repairs for fighter jets being shipped to Vietnam. God blessed me to be able to go to college concurrently with and following my 4 years of service and not be among the poor souls that never made it back home or had my name plastered on the WALL.

Following the military, I continued college at nights and went to work for a large company working 17 more years as a supervisor of computer software developers and advanced through the ranks to work 25 more years managing large mainframes operating 24/7/364 (we shut down only on Christmas Day). That operation had connectivity to over 900 in-house work stations and over 8000 dial up sitiutations operating in 42 different states. So my background has been more in the large mainframe sector.
Speaking if those large mainframe computers: many years ago I took a short tour of one of those computer rooms at Texas Gas in owensboro ky. Very interesting
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97941 Aug 26, 2014
Trying a reply to just see if I can get to the bottom of the page

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#97943 Aug 27, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
My computer career started 16 years earlier as an operator when a 4K mainframe machine took up a 16' by 24' room. LOL After a short time at that and to avoid the draft, I volunteered with the U.S. Air Force who trained me to be a computer programmer developing mainframe software to schedule maintenance and repairs for fighter jets being shipped to Vietnam. God blessed me to be able to go to college concurrently with and following my 4 years of service and not be among the poor souls that never made it back home or had my name plastered on the WALL.
Following the military, I continued college at nights and went to work for a large company working 17 more years as a supervisor of computer software developers and advanced through the ranks to work 25 more years managing large mainframes operating 24/7/364 (we shut down only on Christmas Day). That operation had connectivity to over 900 in-house work stations and over 8000 dial up situations operating in 42 different states. So my background has been more in the large mainframe sector.
AW,

I had a similar experience working on the first Sperry Univac (I think) called the Eniac. Only difference was, we had a memory "room" around 15' x 15' and it was wires and round ferrite modules. If you ever allowed a fly or mosquito in the room before shutting the door the insect (or spider) would get fried in the wires and we would have to "de-bug" the core memory. I think that's where the term de-bug got its' beginning....

Location hidden

#97947 Aug 29, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>AW,

I had a similar experience working on the first Sperry Univac (I think) called the Eniac. Only difference was, we had a memory "room" around 15' x 15' and it was wires and round ferrite modules. If you ever allowed a fly or mosquito in the room before shutting the door the insect (or spider) would get fried in the wires and we would have to "de-bug" the core memory. I think that's where the term de-bug got its' beginning....
Lol. Good thought about the "de-bugging ".

Beautiful day around these parts. Just may get out and check out yard sales . Rough week with 4 emergency rooms- complete with 2 ambulance trips. Hope to get to the bottom if this soon!!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#97948 Aug 29, 2014
Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
Point well taken. Planting the seeds of truth and awareness was what I hoped to accomplish, unfortunately it did consume my entire well-being and zest for living. After a lengthy bout of depression, I too have found my peace finally. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
Somewhere in the sift of time, we all find our peace of mind..
A stroll through nature and the mountains are a wonderful thing for depression..
Owl

Vero Beach, FL

#97949 Aug 29, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so welcome. That has been my whole point over the course of this thread. Too much indulging in conspiracy theories and other negative issues can easily consume one's well-being and zest for life resulting in depression. And a state of depression can easily destroy one's physical health and even life itself.
Conversly, too much happy-go-lucky, giddiness, and foolish nonsensical play can leave one so dependant on an escape from reality that the slightest hint of reality can knock the wind out of their sails. Things they could normally just shrug off can take them right back to the same depressing results. I am glad you have found peace, but I would suggest that just finding peace is not sufficient and we must work daily to nurture and grow the peace within our existence. Good luck.
Good point, but don't ever let inner peacefulness become apathy towards the problems that plague our world...I think you know what I'm talking about.
Knowledge and truth will set you free, but it can also paralyze you when you realize that you are powerless to do anything about the truths that upset you.
For instance, what do you do when you know that our government is not only corrupt but downright evil as well? How do you deal with that knowledge?
Owl

Vero Beach, FL

#97950 Aug 29, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Somewhere in the sift of time, we all find our peace of mind..
A stroll through nature and the mountains are a wonderful thing for depression..
Or better yet, walking along the beach while watching the sun rise :)
Owl

Vero Beach, FL

#97951 Aug 29, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Anne,
The wall sounds awesome, I'm jealous! The computer stuff is no big deal, but I did get to move around with the movers and shakers. The ARMY trained me and in 1979 there were no PC's in the big companies. IBM made the first AT in 1981. I started as an engineer at a manufacturer and after a year the VP Sales asked me to sign up for a job he was posting. I did, and for one year supported all 5 Regional Managers and put 5 years of learning into one. And, the great companies will teach you how to call on them too. After two years in Denver ( a big difference from Huntsville, AL) I came back to HQ in Huntsville and supported the resellers we had by then and was on a plane for 2 years, every day but Saturday.
My wife and I started three different companies, built them up in the SE for 7-10 years and sold them all for a nice profit.
So, we retired when I turned 55 and really started focusing on her horse business. I have two volunteer jobs with veterans suffering from PTSD and I love it.
My take? Keep all our troops here at home. We're going to need them here, I think ISIS is already here! Think of all the lives we lost in Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan! What a waste. Those were not our wars and the US can no longer be "The Police" for the rest of the world.
God Bless America and BTW, the New Madrid faultline is active again. Wasn't that and the birds dying in W. Kentucky the start of this great thread? http://www.activistpost.com/2014/08/large-hol...
Rick
If ISIS really is here it is because our government allowed it. Just like al-Qaeda, they are a creation of the CIA in order to create this phony war on terror to justify continued wars of conquest and profit in the Middle East. I foresee some major events about to happen soon similar to the false flag event of 9/11 that will be used to justify martial law and usher in the police state. The events at Ferguson is just the start of more to come.
Mass awareness is all we can do to stop it. The PTB are getting desperate now and they are about to unleash hell in America in order to stay in power.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97954 Aug 30, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
AW,
You might be right on the debugging term. My first experiences were own Univac and IBM machines using drum storage and punched 80 column cards for recording media. Peripheral card handling equipment was "programmed" using wired boards. Besides the computer room, data was maintained in numerous filing cabinets containing trays of the punched cards of about 2500 cards per tray. One of the first major advances was to replace all those cards with 2400 foot reels of magnetic tape media.
One a few occasions when I was upset with companies that supplied billing that included a "mail back" punched card, I would take their card to work with me and insert it into a key punch machine and punch extra holes in the card. hehehe
Johnny Blade

Vine Grove, KY

#97956 Aug 30, 2014
Its obvious-aliens are killing them and extracting bird DNA to mutate humans in the near future.
Tollesboro Guy

Nicholasville, KY

#97957 Aug 30, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
You might be right on the debugging term. My first experiences were own Univac and IBM machines using drum storage and punched 80 column cards for recording media. Peripheral card handling equipment was "programmed" using wired boards. Besides the computer room, data was maintained in numerous filing cabinets containing trays of the punched cards of about 2500 cards per tray. One of the first major advances was to replace all those cards with 2400 foot reels of magnetic tape media.
One a few occasions when I was upset with companies that supplied billing that included a "mail back" punched card, I would take their card to work with me and insert it into a key punch machine and punch extra holes in the card. hehehe
AW,

I love it. That was a great idea. Yeah, I was around in those days too. I used to think it was ridiculous when my partner would have to type out a tape for the message we were going to send on the TeleType machine and THEN feed that tape in once we established a connection with the remote end. But, it did type fast THEN....:-)

Rick
birdistheword

London, KY

#97959 Sep 1, 2014
That's crazy

Location hidden

#97962 Sep 3, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>AW,

I love it. That was a great idea. Yeah, I was around in those days too. I used to think it was ridiculous when my partner would have to type out a tape for the message we were going to send on the TeleType machine and THEN feed that tape in once we established a connection with the remote end. But, it did type fast THEN....:-)

Rick
AW.. That punching in extra holes... Love it!! That's the sort of thing I would do also! "Do not fold, staple or mutilate" yep. That too.

Yes, the end is very near. Just about every prophesy in Revelations has been fulfilled. Doesn't the Bible also say that in the last days people will be crying out for Jesus to return to get his people out of this evil world ? The pressure of all the evil will be so great...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 4 hr Musikologist 8,074
are fat mexican women more disgusting than ugly... (Oct '11) 12 hr white 16
Review: Cassens Transport Company 20 hr 7539clem 1
Who's the biggest snitch/narc in Louisville? (Dec '10) 20 hr DBR2014 47
Stripper who is it? Wed lovebadgals 14
My Zija XM+ Review - Does It Really Work? (Jun '12) Wed Smoochnoise 42
Ku Klux Klan rally nearing Tue doa 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages