Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97368 May 11, 2014
@ Tollosboro Guy.......I see Pa. under your call name. Gotta ask ya this. We lived in the OH/PA border town of Hubbard at one time long ago. In some of our ramblings, we came across a "BIG" stone revolving door that you could open with just one finger,.....maybe to a graveyard? Seems like it was in Lancaster Cty. or Zelieanopil (sp) because there seemed to be a lot of history around there. Have you seen this or know where it is? Hey, also, Slippery Rock Creek, that was such a nice area for a picnic with that wooden bridge. But just too close to industry!

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#97369 May 11, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Tollosboro Guy.......I see Pa. under your call name. Gotta ask ya this. We lived in the OH/PA border town of Hubbard at one time long ago. In some of our ramblings, we came across a "BIG" stone revolving door that you could open with just one finger,.....maybe to a graveyard? Seems like it was in Lancaster Cty. or Zelieanopil (sp) because there seemed to be a lot of history around there. Have you seen this or know where it is? Hey, also, Slippery Rock Creek, that was such a nice area for a picnic with that wooden bridge. But just too close to industry!
Another early riser? I can't figure out how to change that address? It's not "clickable".:-) Just got this new PC, still doing driver installs and communications settings. I wonder if when I changed my location to "All Over This Land" that happened?

Well, I'd like to go find that rock door, we RV a lot so we likely will go. Headed out to Estes Park, CO in June. If you have never been there think of it as the Gatlinburg of the Rockies...

Well, going to try and grab a few hours of "nap" before church and Mothers Day at Mom & Dad's house. Why she won't let us take her out and not have to cook is beyond me!

Be Well!

Rick (In Tollesboro, KY):-)

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97370 May 11, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Another early riser? I can't figure out how to change that address? It's not "clickable".:-) Just got this new PC, still doing driver installs and communications settings. I wonder if when I changed my location to "All Over This Land" that happened?

Well, I'd like to go find that rock door, we RV a lot so we likely will go. Headed out to Estes Park, CO in June. If you have never been there think of it as the Gatlinburg of the Rockies...

Well, going to try and grab a few hours of "nap" before church and Mothers Day at Mom & Dad's house. Why she won't let us take her out and not have to cook is beyond me!

Be Well!

Rick (In Tollesboro, KY):-)
You got the location fixed! Lol. You are now posting under a "blue" name, not a "grey" name so I know you have registered with topix. In the topix settings there's "my profile" and as you know by now, you can choose to "hide my location" . Sometimes, for various reasons, you may decide to post under a "grey" name. That's when a location shows up. While in north east Pennsylvania my location was showing as Orlando Florida, a couple thousand mikes away. Then another time,while in Hawaii, my location was in California. Occasionally the location is exactly where I'm at. I use my iPhone for topix so I post from many locations . Wolfs home computer puts him in 2-3 locations , according to which way the winds blowing--lol. If I post from home using an unregistered name it shows up as being in a small Kentucky town I'd never heard of and certainly never been through. It's amusing to see what location shows up. Lol. Have a great day and Happy Mothers Day
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#97371 May 11, 2014
Hello Mudder.. Hello Fodder.. Here I am in Camp Grenodder.. not exactly the way it goes LOL Since for the past several years I have had no mother, no mother-in-law, nor a wife; I won't be going anywhere except to Church to sit with Sweet Polly.... (that is if her grown kids don't all show up and hog the pew)

Location hidden

#97372 May 11, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
That stone door sounds very interesting and its something I'd like to see! We visited a glacial "gully" in Kelleys Island last week..pretty neat! For the next several months the OH/PA border is the area where we'll spend a lot of time. Is it close to I 80? Technically I guess our spot is more the middle of the state but within 30 minutes of Lake Erie. Next trip there I'll take our passports and we'll take a ferry to Canada.

Location hidden

#97373 May 11, 2014
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>It's a good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read that...I woulda spit it everywhere!
Heeheehee!! I gotta ask! Sometimes when it's sooo funny and your drinking --and you spit it everywhere....has it ever come out your nose?????

Location hidden

#97374 May 11, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Hello Mudder.. Hello Fodder.. Here I am in Camp Grenodder.. not exactly the way it goes LOL Since for the past several years I have had no mother, no mother-in-law, nor a wife; I won't be going anywhere except to Church to sit with Sweet Polly....(that is if her grown kids don't all show up and hog the pew)
Good morning, AW! Now, now , if Sweet Polly's grown kids hog that pew I know you'll be happy for her! Lol
Hello mudder...hello fodder... Hey I've had no mother or mother in law for over 20 years and I ain't nev'r had any kind of wife... And I plan to keep it like that!
qwerty

Butler, KY

#97375 May 11, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Heeheehee!! I gotta ask! Sometimes when it's sooo funny and your drinking --and you spit it everywhere....has it ever come out your nose?????
Never had it come out my nose yet thank goodness!
Wondering Why

United States

#97377 May 11, 2014
Around 2002 didn't they have a vaccine soon after the scare of Horses dying? Why are so many People worried, go get the Vaccine at Walmart and a bug zapper, Your worth more then a millionaires Horse right, and the Rich People told us about the "Trickle Down Theory" and how it says that stuff trickles down, so if Your worried why don't You just go to CVS and get the Vaccine? Or get the vaccine from Veterinarians Office if Your that worried or You could buy some Off, some candles, a bug zapper, and just try to live a good Christian Life just incase.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97378 May 12, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning, AW! Now, now , if Sweet Polly's grown kids hog that pew I know you'll be happy for her! Lol
I was more happy about the fact that they did not. LOL

Location hidden

#97382 May 13, 2014
Good morning!! Just look at that sun!! That grass will be jumpin' today! Lol. This yard of mine would look so much better if it were cut twice a week but I doubt that will happen!! I think when better half retires we will start using two mowers at a time. Lol. I know you early risers have already done a half days work by now fueled by coffee and donuts lol but I'm just now headed out for breakfast... Say.. My aunt was treated to a meal at Claudia Sanders the colonels widow) restaurant. Auntie says the food was fantastic! Anyone else been there?

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#97384 May 13, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
Good morning!! Just look at that sun!! That grass will be jumpin' today! Lol. This yard of mine would look so much better if it were cut twice a week but I doubt that will happen!! I think when better half retires we will start using two mowers at a time. Lol. I know you early risers have already done a half days work by now fueled by coffee and donuts lol but I'm just now headed out for breakfast... Say.. My aunt was treated to a meal at Claudia Sanders the colonels widow) restaurant. Auntie says the food was fantastic! Anyone else been there?
No, but I'm up for it. Where are they located, which states? Kentucky I would hope, isn't the Colonel from KY?

Tollesboro Guy

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#97385 May 13, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>No, but I'm up for it. Where are they located, which states? Kentucky I would hope, isn't the Colonel from KY?

Tollesboro Guy
There's only one that I know of.. Shelbyville ky. Closed on Mondays . Open for lunch and dinner. The colonel is "historically "from KY.... That's where he made his millions.. But he's a Hoosier, Born in henryville Indiana. His cousin started Lees Famous Recipe.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97386 May 13, 2014
WIT2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There's only one that I know of.. Shelbyville ky. Closed on Mondays . Open for lunch and dinner. The colonel is "historically "from KY.... That's where he made his millions.. But he's a Hoosier, Born in henryville Indiana. His cousin started Lees Famous Recipe.
No, it was the Colonel's nephew that started Lee's. The Colonel took a job with Standard Oil company and started selling chicken out of a service station in Corbin Kentucky. You are correct on Claudia's restaurant location and the Colonel's birthplace. I believe the Colonel's wealth came mainly from franchising.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97387 May 13, 2014
Some of the biggest thrusts forward for KFC came under former Kentucky Governor John Y. Brown, jr and Dave Thomas of Wendy's.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#97388 May 13, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, it was the Colonel's nephew that started Lee's. The Colonel took a job with Standard Oil company and started selling chicken out of a service station in Corbin Kentucky. You are correct on Claudia's restaurant location and the Colonel's birthplace. I believe the Colonel's wealth came mainly from franchising.
Ya' got me on that! I knew it was his nephew but simply typed in cousin. For sure he made his fortune AFTER his retirement .

Location hidden

#97389 May 13, 2014
Whew! Long day here! On that KFC: we've done that a couple times in the last month... Free cake right now with a bucket of chicken and we've chosen lemon each time. Good choice for us! There's generally a good buffet at the KFC but one buffet in, hmmmm, Illinois, I believe ... Anyway, they have a huge buffet with many vegetables and other kinds of meat besides chicken. Only kfc buffet like that i guess! Wonderful buffet.
That last cold snap did some bad damage to my knock out roses, so today i trimmed the dead wood from the bushes. Looks much better! Just need to figure out where to burn those thorny branches. They sure can hurt!
George

Paris, KY

#97391 May 14, 2014
is awesome
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97393 May 15, 2014
Around here, there are no buffets at KFC,...none, period. I've eaten at a very secluded Chinese buffet but did so with some reluctance. But their food was super-b! But at a KFC,.......nope.......too many coughing, sneazing kids been in that line.(I'll make no mention of color!) Besides, their x-tra crispy has lost a lot of its crisp! When the Colonel was alive, that stuff was great and the housekeeping was perfect. He saw to it, I guess.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#97394 May 15, 2014
That comedian said his sister got one of those belly rings and he guessed it was so they could hook a chain to her and drag her away from the buffet. lol

I recently went to a restaurant where the wait person had one of those nose studs. When she asked what I wanted, I replied that I did not want anything from a person that looked like they had a big booger hanging off their nose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zombie Walk??? 1 hr Mike 4
Ku Klux Klan rally nearing 8 hr Pope Apathy 10
Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07) 8 hr Teri 294
What was that in southbound lane of 65 last night? 9 hr Joey 2
Harry deneree 22 hr Older 2
St. James Court Art Show Sat wonderland1201 1
Uncle jeffy Sat Cousin Beffy 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages