Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97109 Apr 20, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
First of all, Happy Easter to all!
He is Risen! No sunrise service for me but I'm sure several of you did get up early to attend.
I did not find it necessary to drive into town to some group setting for a sunrise service. I see the sunrise and worship GOD every day in my own ways. Happy Easter to you and everyone..... Louis Armstrong... What a Wonderful World.
noome

Glasgow, KY

#97112 Apr 20, 2014
yes
qwerty

Luck, WI

#97113 Apr 20, 2014
Here comes qwerty cottontail,
Hopping' down the bird thread trail,
Hippity, hoppity,
Miss E is on her way.

Bringing' every girl and boy, baskets full of bird thread joy
Things to make your morning bright as day
He's got fireworks for imposter,
A six pack for anne too,
There's monkey bars for your mommy
And a place to hang out too.

Oh! here comes qwerty cottontail,
Hopping' down the bird thread trail,
Hippity hoppity,
Happy Easter day!
imposter

Manchester, KY

#97115 Apr 20, 2014
LOL Happy Easter qwerty! That was a good'n!
hum

Brodhead, KY

#97116 Apr 20, 2014
Happy Easter everybody and afternoon bird lovas :) Beautiful day. Even though I'm grown I still like to hide eggs lol

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97117 Apr 20, 2014
Loved the poem, qwerty!
Wonderful day here! Joined my aunt at her church then to her house for a wonderful meal! Good times! As soon as everyone left my aunt and I hit the easy chairs and napped! Lol!
Now back to reality. I came back home, planted some flowers and mowed. Heeheehee. Btw. Not a single egg today :-(
imposter

Manchester, KY

#97118 Apr 20, 2014
I had a few eggs today, with or without the eggs we know today marks our hope.
"Blessed is he who believes without seeing." John 20:26 or 29? I'll look it up- but after I hit post.

Wherever it is, its in there, truer words have never been said and It is indeed a wonderful world.
Goodnight.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#97119 Apr 20, 2014
Are we still talking about freakin dead birds? LoL
lo lo

Hyden, KY

#97121 Apr 20, 2014
cant believe you are still on here after 3 yrs .looking for a sign from god after a gas cloud killed bunch of birds from one them gas well ..
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97123 Apr 20, 2014
(I'll ignore the above).I look over the news on this thing every night before checking in here with ya all. I saw that someone in northern Kentucky is/was building an ark and that it was splitting the town in half. I did not plug in the speakers so I didn't understand the reporter or what he said. Though I can guess, why is there trouble over this, anyone know?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97125 Apr 21, 2014
I skipped the Sunrise service but went to regular Easter morning service and took 5 dozen fresh brown shelled eggs to the needy and was rewarded by being able to sit next to Sweet Polly with her holding the right side of the Hymnal and me the left. My did she ever smell good and looked really nice in her new Easter frock !!! At benediction, I got a big warm hug and a peck on the cheek. I did not have to go egg hunting, but went to the nests and collected more eggs then turned the chickens out to free range and watched them play while I sat on my deck eating lunch and enjoying GOD's wonderful world.

Kris Kristofferson... "Why me LORD, what have I ever done to deserve even one of the blessings I've known" ???
Hum

Charlestown, IN

#97128 Apr 21, 2014
Afternoon. Bird lovas :) omg busy like a bee beautiful day
doce fadder

Arlington Heights, IL

#97129 Apr 21, 2014
who wants to play those "eights and aces '?
hum

Brodhead, KY

#97130 Apr 21, 2014
ya know it lol
imposter

Manchester, KY

#97131 Apr 21, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
(I'll ignore the above).I look over the news on this thing every night before checking in here with ya all. I saw that someone in northern Kentucky is/was building an ark and that it was splitting the town in half. I did not plug in the speakers so I didn't understand the reporter or what he said. Though I can guess, why is there trouble over this, anyone know?
I heard about the creation museum but not the ark thank you. I dont argue about religion and politics MM I just state my humble opinion (sometimes) and move along.

Both subjects tend to lead to controversy.

If they are promoting things that go against provable facts then they could be turning people away from the truth..could be.
I think It is just not in our power to understand the mind of our creator. Mankind is only just now beginning to understand the vastness of the universe and our little world's relative insignificance in it.
I can say this : In my case the Creator has been very merciful and kind and I am very thankful for it.
Whether or not mankind ever rode around on dinosaurs is a question that just never entered my mind lol. Looks like rain to me, the frogs think so too. What are those white blooms I see out there> Dogwood :)
Good evening.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97133 Apr 21, 2014
@Tollesboro guy.. Cataract surgery is generally a simple process except my last one was done by a little lady that could not have been more than 4 foot 8 inches and had to stand on a stool to do the surgery. I was afraid she might fall off the stool and take my eye with her. lol

Yes, it definitely sounds like GOD has blessed you as well as myself. I have had a heart attack, a quadruple coronary bypass using veins harvested from my leg, a right carotid artery cleanout surgery, and a left carotid stent procedure just this past year done in the same week as the 8th anniversary of my late wife's passing and yes, I am blessed to even be here after 7 decades and able to do those whites LOL.

And like Imposter, I see no reason to argue politics or religious doctrines or dogmas. I know what I believe or don't believe and arguing over it is just not productive and won't change anything. I think Creationism and Science can co-exist and I give GOD the credit for Science and I do not have to understand all the specifics.
Lol

Brodhead, KY

#97134 Apr 21, 2014
Howdy bird lovas. What a day. Beautiful and blessed. Enjoyed work but now i'm ready for some zzzzz. Nite :)

Location hidden

#97135 Apr 21, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm with you. I don't need to understand any more than The Father gives me, that keeps me hoppin'. I have been very busy keeping up with the Social Security Administration, complying to requests for info on my disability. Got all done Friday I guess, my file has gone to Frankfurt on compassionate grounds for pancreatic cancer, the diabetes from losing most of my pancreas and the neuropathy from the six months of 24/7 chemo. But talk about blessings. I worked until the first of last year, waited a year to file. But I filed for VA comp back in 12/12 and I heard from them last week! Thank You Father! Things are progressing. My back pay from the VA will result in a nice tithe to the church. All will go to the Benevolent Fund and heavens, they need it. So many people hurting. And, here I am, still walking around after being told in April 2004 I had less than a year to live.

But, my lilac bush has finally bloomed this year! It was transplanted from my brother-in-law's old home place as a twig and we knew it would take a while. God saved all of its' glory for this year. It's tall and pretty good sized all around and smells great. What a blessing.

Would everyone please pray that my wifes cataract surgery goes well at 8:45 tomorrow morning? Left eye tomorrow, right in 2 weeks. It is described as a very simple procedure but she will be able to see without her glasses or contacts. If that's not a blessing, tell me what is....

I'm getting pretty good at this house-husband role but I may have met my match. I loaded up what has to be 3 weeks of whites last night in the washer and dryer. Just pulled everything out of the dryer and the basket it piled way over the top. Headed to the couch to see how long this takes. Time for meds and a pain shot so at least if I fall asleep and lean over, I'll be in a pile a of whites that smell like Snuggle.It seems like yesterday but just this morning I was out on the ramp changing oil in her big F350. 15 quarts of oil plus the filter and an air filter that has no clearance. Thank God I'm a Country Boy.(Even got the horses fed before dark-thirty)
My prayers for your wife. It does not take long to recover and she will love the results!
Lilacs: two years ago I planted a couple lilac "starts". No blooms yet but perhaps next year. My friend from Cincinnati gave them to me so they are special. I love the scent of lilacs!

TG, it sounds as if The Lord has blessed you time and time again. He is good!
Sheesh, man, you work circles around me!! I did dig up a new flower bed, adding some manure and top soil. Now I need some flowers! I also cleaned out the hens house and put in fresh straw. Smells much better in there! Lol

Location hidden

#97136 Apr 21, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Tollesboro guy.. Cataract surgery is generally a simple process except my last one was done by a little lady that could not have been more than 4 foot 8 inches and had to stand on a stool to do the surgery. I was afraid she might fall off the stool and take my eye with her. lol

Yes, it definitely sounds like GOD has blessed you as well as myself. I have had a heart attack, a quadruple coronary bypass using veins harvested from my leg, a right carotid artery cleanout surgery, and a left carotid stent procedure just this past year done in the same week as the 8th anniversary of my late wife's passing and yes, I am blessed to even be here after 7 decades and able to do those whites LOL.

And like Imposter, I see no reason to argue politics or religious doctrines or dogmas. I know what I believe or don't believe and arguing over it is just not productive and won't change anything. I think Creationism and Science can co-exist and I give GOD the credit for Science and I do not have to understand all the specifics.
Sounds like you've been through a big bunch of stuff yourself! I know you are thankful to be able to do as much as you do! I know you're doing well because you mention Sweet Polly and her Evelyn and Crabtree... You still have a love if life!!

Wonderful day!! Tomorrow I hope to stay motivated and get a lot done around here ! Oh , yeah !
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97139 Apr 22, 2014
@Anne.. Yes I am blessed and make every effort to enjoy life and all that GOD has in store for the remainder of my days, and I especially enjoy the Crabtree and Evelyn aromas that Sweet Polly wears lol.. particularly the "Spring Rain" and "Summerhill" flavors.

Speaking of spring rain, there is a slight drizzle out now as I watch the rising sun peak over the hill above my chicken house. I have a connection to over 225 years of GOD blessing my ancestors with sunlight shining down on this general area and who am I to not honor that gift or the sacrifices the ancestors made so that I can be here ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 3 min jlynxx 9,214
Why are girls in south Louisville and Dixie hig... 1 hr Question 13
Are south Louisville girls worth it? 1 hr Question 1
All lives matter 1 hr Sandy06 174
News Martinrea at impasse with UAW over cuts (Apr '09) 8 hr rotfl 23
Illegal Drugs 9 hr Opeth 34
Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07) 11 hr Frustrated Bingo ... 319

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance