Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96463 Mar 17, 2014
upper right corner is a big RED X that will get rid of this topic with just one small click... Help Yourself, it is self service. lol
then,

United States

#96465 Mar 18, 2014
Bidrs, the easiest thing is to not click on this thread. You don't have to read it at all. There are millions of threads all over the world but I choose to read only a very few that I enjoy
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96467 Mar 18, 2014
[QUOTE who="then,"]Bidrs, the easiest thing is to not click on this thread. You don't have to read it at all. There are millions of threads all over the world but I choose to read only a very few that I enjoy [/QUOTE]Good Point. If people don't like this thread, why do they keep clicking the thing on?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96474 Mar 18, 2014
Bidrs wrote:
F**K a buncha birds dying in Western Kentucky! Get rid of this damn topic!
It's better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

(If you didn't get the message, there are other ways to word this ..!!!)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96475 Mar 18, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It's better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.
(If you didn't get the message, there are other ways to word this ..!!!)
or "Even a fish would not get caught, if it kept it's mouth shut" LOL
Anne52

United States

#96476 Mar 19, 2014
Lol, you guys are spouting words of great wisdom .*sigh* its that tongue of mine that gets me into trouble also. The Bible even tells how unruly and troublesome this little member of our bodies can be for us.,

Exciting news around our house. There's a new little one that's been added to the family:-)

My computer is still giving problems. Then the wifi started acting up so....problems all around. I Hope to get things straightened out soon so
Have a wonderful day !

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96477 Mar 19, 2014
Found some old bird cages and cleaned them up. The children spray painted them cool colors and hung them in the trees! Can't wait till doing comes and they are all chirping! The children love taking pics of them! 49 degrees today but rain;(
Anne

United States

#96483 Mar 19, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Found some old bird cages and cleaned them up. The children spray painted them cool colors and hung them in the trees! Can't wait till doing comes and they are all chirping! The children love taking pics of them! 49 degrees today but rain;(
I love that idea! I have several that could definite us a little sprucing up! I need to do that ASAP before the birds move in. It's a nice 54* right now and the sun actually peeked out for a little while. Today I walked the creek with a friend and pick up appropriate stones to make a "sea turtle" in my flower bed. It's going to turn out quite nice with the brown rock turtle surrounded with the small white gravel. It's good to be outdoors again.(Please, please, no more snow)
Anne

United States

#96484 Mar 19, 2014
Lol. I'm so very thankful the grammar police does not pick on me. Lol.
Hope everyone has a great evening! Btw, I think my home computer has been FIXED. Certainly hope so!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96487 Mar 19, 2014
I think the short bus was on an early schedule. lol

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96489 Mar 19, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I love that idea! I have several that could definite us a little sprucing up! I need to do that ASAP before the birds move in. It's a nice 54* right now and the sun actually peeked out for a little while. Today I walked the creek with a friend and pick up appropriate stones to make a "sea turtle" in my flower bed. It's going to turn out quite nice with the brown rock turtle surrounded with the small white gravel. It's good to be outdoors again.(Please, please, no more snow)
Snow/mix next week totally stinks!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96494 Mar 19, 2014
........too bad there's not one, great big, blasting "question mark" in the judge section for a person to use on stuff like the above post.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96495 Mar 19, 2014
@ Anne - Can't computers really be a pain? I rely mostly on the Belle to straighten this one out but it's had to go to the hospital shop several times. They tell me that the favorites column is severly over-loaded with songs. Don't understand that at all, why......5,000 or so songs....oh well, I'll drive it till it drops.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96496 Mar 19, 2014
Was 64* today with mostly sunny skies, supposed to be BEAUTIFUL tomorrow..........12:02 AM,....time for some popcorn!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96497 Mar 20, 2014
just 6 1/2 more hours until winter will be over. HURRAH !!!! I noticed yesterday that some farmer had already plowed about 10 acres. He must have done it last fall and I just had not been interested in plowed ground and new crops until now. lol

Anne

United States

#96498 Mar 20, 2014
Beautiful day! 1. The weather. 2. We get a tax refund! 3. Insurance company sent me a fat check for my totaled car. 4. New grandbaby coming home . What more could I want??
@MM. 5000+songs?? Lol that's funny! Maybe the Belle can figure out a way for you to keep all your songs AND still be able to use the computer! Good luck.
@AW: I guess with spring and that awaking of the senses ones eyes do see things differently! Isn't that a wonderful feeling!
I'm hoping the others drop by and catch us up on their lives. Lately the trolls have been the ones to carry on the thread and to tell the truth, I often don't understand a word they say. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96505 Mar 20, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne - Can't computers really be a pain? I rely mostly on the Belle to straighten this one out but it's had to go to the hospital shop several times. They tell me that the favorites column is severly over-loaded with songs. Don't understand that at all, why......5,000 or so songs....oh well, I'll drive it till it drops.
Get a portable zip drive that will plug into the USB connection and not stay in the main memory, then categorize your songs by genre. Another option is to offload them to CDs.
hello

Ocala, FL

#96506 Mar 20, 2014
Just an update....squirrels have not yet got into the feeder! Thank you Mississippi Man for the great idea!
hello

Ocala, FL

#96507 Mar 20, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Spray paint can be very toxic to birds. Use water-based latex paint, and always avoid lead-based or creosote paints that may be toxic to birds. Consider trying alternative, eco-friendly paints as well, or opt for natural stains rather than paints. Why would you put out cages? Did you mean houses or feeders?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96508 Mar 20, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> Get a portable zip drive that will plug into the USB connection and not stay in the main memory, then categorize your songs by genre. Another option is to offload them to CDs.
This will not make sense, because it doesn't to me. But the 5,000 (give or take) songs are not, I'm told, actually in my computer as such. I have just simply transfered every one of them from one place to another and I have no claim to them, IF that's the proper way to say it. But getting them onto discs was my plan from the start except I didn't know it was going to be next to impossible! I've got a nephew in Springfield, ILL. that has a masters degree in computer science and is willing to help anyway he can but I DO NOT understand his language and I'm trying to sweet-talk the Belle into taking over. Wish me luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snaps: kinda like cheetos, remember? (Feb '09) 2 hr zirna72 8
this is what happens when you flirt with south ... 4 hr Protect Yourself 3
still no luck getting a girlfriend :( 4 hr Tinderer 4
Beware of Cindy Venture 6 hr SSOM 8
is Dr. Thomas Loeb a crook (Jul '12) 13 hr Gaylem1558 10
News ARREST: Louisville man charged with two counts ... 19 hr Kaiser 1
Louisville girls are a waists of time 21 hr Kaiser 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages