Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

boo

Hazard, KY

#96158 Feb 24, 2014
Its hot at the equator just like in hell
cosmo

Owensboro, KY

#96160 Feb 24, 2014
our plan is working, first we test out our weapons on the smaller animals then the humans, soon we will take over your planet, na nue na nue
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96161 Feb 24, 2014
These last three posts are about as "whacko" as all the gay news I've seen splattered all over the place. Thanks, but I've got better to do with my time and energies.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96163 Feb 24, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
These last three posts are about as "whacko" as all the gay news I've seen splattered all over the place. Thanks, but I've got better to do with my time and energies.
For sure. The guys in the white smocks (with a plethora of jackets that tie in the back) are better equipped to handle such. LOL
Big John

Danville, KY

#96164 Feb 25, 2014
I thought this was about birds that had died?
Anne

New Salisbury, IN

#96165 Feb 25, 2014
It's a very gray day around here :-(
Perfect driving weather though as the sun is not in ones eyes! Also perfect sleeping weather!

Looks like AW and MM were either up really late or get up super early. Maybe dog needed a little relief...
today

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#96166 Feb 25, 2014
How long is this post going on? Time for a new one.
qwerty

Butler, KY

#96167 Feb 25, 2014
Want proof the birds are OK? Park your car under some power lines!
Anne

United States

#96168 Feb 25, 2014
Could be time for a new one but there's a lot of different people that stops by for a quick word or two and and then goes on their way. Our regulars find this as a pleasant interlude during their day and so, with both groups in mind, this thread will continue.
Anne

United States

#96169 Feb 25, 2014
qwerty wrote:
Want proof the birds are OK? Park your car under some power lines!
You've got that right!

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96170 Feb 25, 2014
Cold weather coming again yikes!! In -0 again this week at night, when will spring come!

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#96172 Feb 25, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Cold weather coming again yikes!! In -0 again this week at night, when will spring come!
You have that right. The Weather Channel and Accuweather show too many night near zero and too many days where it never gets above freezing. We call it broken leg weather with all the horses stepping in holes they made in the mud then the holes freeze solid. I am so tired of dressing up in "layers" then putting on our "Zoot suits" to go change frozen water buckets, pull down hay from the loft then throw into each stall and carry sweet feed from stall to stall. Thank goodness for ATV's! When we get back to the house we have to change all undergarments from sweating while working. We are looking forward to the time change and warmer weather. We have been 20 degrees below the average since the second week of November last year!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96173 Feb 25, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
I am getting a different report for just south of Lexington Ky. The lowest temp here will be Thursday night at 9 degrees and not even drop below freezing again until Monday night.

@Anne, I was up early because I crashed early. I took on a part time job and not accustomed to the 12 hours I put in Monday, so I just worked 5 hours today. LOL
Anne

United States

#96174 Feb 25, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I am getting a different report for just south of Lexington Ky. The lowest temp here will be Thursday night at 9 degrees and not even drop below freezing again until Monday night.

@Anne, I was up early because I crashed early. I took on a part time job and not accustomed to the 12 hours I put in Monday, so I just worked 5 hours today. LOL
12 hours a day is a part time job? You are a glutton for punishment !! Our "old" neighbors used to work a day then rest a day . Now we are older than they were when we thought them old. Lol
Anne

United States

#96175 Feb 25, 2014
Ohhh, Princess!! You come bearing bad news!! Brrrr!

And TG, it seems a lot of work keeping up with those horses, especially in this weather! How many do you have?

Level 1

Location hidden

#96176 Feb 25, 2014
-3 on Thursday night and then of course more snow for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Yes I just filled with with bad burr news. My gosh this St Patrick's parade is going to be cold if something doesn't change!.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96177 Feb 25, 2014
Well maybe March will come in like a lion and go out like a lamb, instead of vice versa. I worked with an old black man for the last few days and he is a year older than me. I am just Thankful to GOD that we are still able to do manual work (especially after I spent 47 years behind a desk) and I can't let him out work me. We sang old Gospel songs while we do worked LOL His wife fed 70 impoverished people this morning, mostly some hungry kids.

Level 1

Location hidden

#96179 Feb 25, 2014
Hopefully something changes in the next couple weeks, I'm planning staying in the city and watching the parade.
Anne

United States

#96180 Feb 25, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Hopefully something changes in the next couple weeks, I'm planning staying in the city and watching the parade.
...and that sounds like fun!(Especially if the weather cooperates!). I'm part Irish....
Anne

United States

#96182 Feb 25, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well maybe March will come in like a lion and go out like a lamb, instead of vice versa. I worked with an old black man for the last few days and he is a year older than me. I am just Thankful to GOD that we are still able to do manual work (especially after I spent 47 years behind a desk) and I can't let him out work me. We sang old Gospel songs while we do worked LOL His wife fed 70 impoverished people this morning, mostly some hungry kids.
Wow! Did his wife cook all that food or did she have a lot of help ?
Sounds like you two guys had quite a time working and singing ! My better half used to sing at weddings and funerals. He said theres not a lot of difference and the songs are interchangeable. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harry deneree 2 hr Older 2
Bypine 2 hr Lol 2
Ku Klux Klan rally nearing 3 hr Imperial Wizard TWK 6
St. James Court Art Show 4 hr wonderland1201 1
Uncle jeffy 20 hr Cousin Beffy 2
Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07) Fri lisa millet 293
are fat mexican women more disgusting than ugly... (Oct '11) Thu white 13
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages