Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
80,601 - 80,620 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Thursday
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

betty wrote:
@ A.W. have you heard from jpf/ojg recently? i emailed.... no response. Hope she is doing o.k.
I sent an email about a month ago and she responded and said she had lost some addresses. As for water, we packed it for the first 12 years of my life from a spring. In summer months when the closest spring dried up, we had to go another quarter mile with our buckets.

Now Kroger.... about 25 years ago some couple was making out upstairs on their break period and the ceiling caved in and she fell into the meat rack and he was dangling from the ceiling. Needless to say, the phone lines overloaded with the entire town reporting the event. I could just picture 2 old ladies standing there and one tells the other "Oh, a special on smoked sausage" hahaha
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

betty wrote:
<quoted text>yup! she did it about ten years ago at the town point dr kroger in e-town and did it the others day AGAIN at a dolphin hills kroger also in e-town. Took out register 11....

I was there when it happened but never knew anything till i went to check out..... crazy day. Police said she was drunk and off her meds. kroger says she is a former employee with a bone to pick......

as for the water...... yes that is a long time to haul water!

I figure i cant complain too much because there are people living in places on this earth where you have to walk two or three miles for one gallon of clean water. I have to admit tho...i was cursing those milk jugs at the end! oh well.... all a bad dream now~

I have been watching the thread the past few days, only ones i recognize is A.W. and you, i think i saw nope! also...... does hempburn and abeliever not post anymore?
I went without internet for a bit so i have not been here the past few months.
That woman! She does hold a grudge!! Reminds me of that old movie "Fried Green Tomatoes" lol

I haven't seen hempburn on here and from what I'm told, Abeliever has found a new love! Glad to have you back!
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

betty wrote:
@ A.W. have you heard from jpf/ojg recently? i emailed.... no response. Hope she is doing o.k.

I'm not AW but I think OJG's computer has been down. I pray she is doing okay.

Imposter, Helter Pete ,, Oh, whoever he is now, has a new fascination <3. Mississippi man is here on and off. Misty & Miss E. wish they'd stop in. I'm concerned for misty and hope alls going well for her..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

@Anne-- Besides those that you listed; other semi-regulars that I converse with are Querty, and Tollesboro guy. White Hair and Big Stevie sometimes stop by when they get tired of the political forums. lol More recently I have exchanged ideas with Boom.

Today is the 3rd Wednesday and I am up paying bills and it has become a routine to always think of Una during that process which is when he claimed he got his "crazy" check and we also shared going on this day to the Dollar Store and Sav-a-Lot, Roaming Insomniac has been missing for quite a while and the last from her was regarding health issues with her folks, but I can't remember if it was her mother, father, or both.
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Anne-- Besides those that you listed; other semi-regulars that I converse with are Querty, and Tollesboro guy. White Hair and Big Stevie sometimes stop by when they get tired of the political forums. lol More recently I have exchanged ideas with Boom.

Today is the 3rd Wednesday and I am up paying bills and it has become a routine to always think of Una during that process which is when he claimed he got his "crazy" check and we also shared going on this day to the Dollar Store and Sav-a-Lot, Roaming Insomniac has been missing for quite a while and the last from her was regarding health issues with her folks, but I can't remember if it was her mother, father, or both.
Oh my! I sure flubbed that one ! Can I blame it on being almost 5am est? It's only midnight here but it's been a LONG day. This should/will teach me to keep my mouth shut unless spoken to. NOT. Lol
Good night all!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

Blueminer has been missing too. Last I remember, his father was extremely ill. I hope all is well for hm too..

I only rarely pop into Topix from time to time these days. Sometimes I have a little bit of something to say and then there are times when it's just good to read about how you all have been doing.

This morning that thunderstorm roused me from a toss and turn kind of "half sleep" anyway, so I felt it was technically legal for me to hit the coffee pot beings as it was after 4:00 a.m. by the time it came and went with a rowdy vengeance, LOL!!! That thing came in like a lion and left like an elephant. That thunder shook the rafters, I swear it did... I'm hoping it was enough to rinse my vehicle off and remove that salt film...
(I think I'll get my wish).....

You're all like a breath of fresh air. There are still some good people out there in this world after all. This thread is proof of that...

:)
Anne

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Blueminer has been missing too. Last I remember, his father was extremely ill. I hope all is well for hm too..

I only rarely pop into Topix from time to time these days. Sometimes I have a little bit of something to say and then there are times when it's just good to read about how you all have been doing.

This morning that thunderstorm roused me from a toss and turn kind of "half sleep" anyway, so I felt it was technically legal for me to hit the coffee pot beings as it was after 4:00 a.m. by the time it came and went with a rowdy vengeance, LOL!!! That thing came in like a lion and left like an elephant. That thunder shook the rafters, I swear it did... I'm hoping it was enough to rinse my vehicle off and remove that salt film...
(I think I'll get my wish).....

You're all like a breath of fresh air. There are still some good people out there in this world after all. This thread is proof of that...

:)
Well, Nope, there's really a big ole bunch that posts on here!! Once we start counting, the list really grows! Its difficult to check back for all the posters using this iphone app and my memory just can't pull it all up. Lol
You are right about this thread being a breath of fresh air!
Speaking of birds-- there's a Brazilian cardinal here. It has the shape of "our" cardinal but only the top of its head is red. Lots of doves...and lots of chickens, which run wild.
It has been raining lately but it's a warm rain and its business as usual. No thunder/lightning storms. I don't miss the lightning at all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2014

@Nope.. if you were "techincally" legal to be drinking coffee at 4 am, then I suppose I was not since I had mine at 1:30 am. LOL It does not matter when I go to sleep I always wake after 5 hours sleep, then drink some coffee and piddle around for an hour or so and then go back for more sleep. I have not set an alarm clock in the last 40-50 years. In fact, I don't even own one. I just pre-program myself to know when to get up and I can usually hit that time give or take 15 minutes.
Anne

Citrus Heights, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great day!
Anne

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Wow, it's been quiet on here! Hope all is well with everyone.
Anne

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Wow! Sure is quiet in here today ! Hope all is well with everyone .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

@ Anne..storms brewing for tonight, Appears based on location, that you might be headed back home. I went on and got chicken feed and new straw up to the chicken house before it gets any more muddy than it is already.
Anne

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@ Anne..storms brewing for tonight, Appears based on location, that you might be headed back home. I went on and got chicken feed and new straw up to the chicken house before it gets any more muddy than it is already.
Sheesh!! I wanted a nice homecoming ! Lol
Anne

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

I put fresh straw in the chicken house before I left so I imagines it's time to clean it out again!

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

The weather is very bad tonight High winds more rain= floods and then really cold for the next week.
Anne

Battletown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Princess412 wrote:
The weather is very bad tonight High winds more rain= floods and then really cold for the next week.
I always enjoy seeing that building you are using for your avatar ! I'd love to tour that place !
Thunder? Lightning? What have I come home to? But it's better than cold, snow and ice!!

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Thanks!! Cold is on it's way for the next week. very cold next week really cant wait for the little chicks hatch coming very soon.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2014

Princess412 wrote:
Thanks!! Cold is on it's way for the next week. very cold next week really cant wait for the little chicks hatch coming very soon.
Mine are already here and wings feathering
Anne

Battletown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

I have always loved the baby chicks. Little fuzzy balls of delight! I saw several hens with their baby chicks in the past couple of weeks. Seems there's a serious problem with feral chickens running around Hawaii.
Anne

Battletown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Kroger.... about 25 years ago some couple was making out upstairs on their break period and the ceiling caved in and she fell into the meat rack and he was dangling from the ceiling. Needless to say, the phone lines overloaded with the entire town reporting the event. I could just picture 2 old ladies standing there and one tells the other "Oh, a special on smoked sausage" hahaha
Heeheehee ! If that happened "today" think of all the cell phone cameras clicking away! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
probation violators for burglary 2 hr LouisvilleKYreport 2
Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 3 hr Danny LaDuke 74
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 4 hr LMS 1,021
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr sallygreen 26,195
Another West End Loser 9 hr LMS 5
More Urban losers 10 hr Karma 3
2 men arrested after robbery at Circle K on Por... 11 hr LouisvilleKYreport 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••