Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81774 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

Brea, CA

#96055 Feb 19, 2014
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Blueminer has been missing too. Last I remember, his father was extremely ill. I hope all is well for hm too..

I only rarely pop into Topix from time to time these days. Sometimes I have a little bit of something to say and then there are times when it's just good to read about how you all have been doing.

This morning that thunderstorm roused me from a toss and turn kind of "half sleep" anyway, so I felt it was technically legal for me to hit the coffee pot beings as it was after 4:00 a.m. by the time it came and went with a rowdy vengeance, LOL!!! That thing came in like a lion and left like an elephant. That thunder shook the rafters, I swear it did... I'm hoping it was enough to rinse my vehicle off and remove that salt film...
(I think I'll get my wish).....

You're all like a breath of fresh air. There are still some good people out there in this world after all. This thread is proof of that...

:)
Well, Nope, there's really a big ole bunch that posts on here!! Once we start counting, the list really grows! Its difficult to check back for all the posters using this iphone app and my memory just can't pull it all up. Lol
You are right about this thread being a breath of fresh air!
Speaking of birds-- there's a Brazilian cardinal here. It has the shape of "our" cardinal but only the top of its head is red. Lots of doves...and lots of chickens, which run wild.
It has been raining lately but it's a warm rain and its business as usual. No thunder/lightning storms. I don't miss the lightning at all.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#96057 Feb 19, 2014
@Nope.. if you were "techincally" legal to be drinking coffee at 4 am, then I suppose I was not since I had mine at 1:30 am. LOL It does not matter when I go to sleep I always wake after 5 hours sleep, then drink some coffee and piddle around for an hour or so and then go back for more sleep. I have not set an alarm clock in the last 40-50 years. In fact, I don't even own one. I just pre-program myself to know when to get up and I can usually hit that time give or take 15 minutes.
Anne

Concord, CA

#96059 Feb 20, 2014
Good Morning! Hope everyone has a great day!
Anne

United States

#96061 Feb 20, 2014
Wow, it's been quiet on here! Hope all is well with everyone.
Anne

United States

#96062 Feb 20, 2014
Wow! Sure is quiet in here today ! Hope all is well with everyone .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96064 Feb 20, 2014
@ Anne..storms brewing for tonight, Appears based on location, that you might be headed back home. I went on and got chicken feed and new straw up to the chicken house before it gets any more muddy than it is already.
Anne

United States

#96065 Feb 20, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@ Anne..storms brewing for tonight, Appears based on location, that you might be headed back home. I went on and got chicken feed and new straw up to the chicken house before it gets any more muddy than it is already.
Sheesh!! I wanted a nice homecoming ! Lol
Anne

United States

#96066 Feb 20, 2014
I put fresh straw in the chicken house before I left so I imagines it's time to clean it out again!

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96067 Feb 20, 2014
The weather is very bad tonight High winds more rain= floods and then really cold for the next week.
Anne

United States

#96068 Feb 20, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
The weather is very bad tonight High winds more rain= floods and then really cold for the next week.
I always enjoy seeing that building you are using for your avatar ! I'd love to tour that place !
Thunder? Lightning? What have I come home to? But it's better than cold, snow and ice!!

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96069 Feb 20, 2014
Thanks!! Cold is on it's way for the next week. very cold next week really cant wait for the little chicks hatch coming very soon.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96070 Feb 20, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Thanks!! Cold is on it's way for the next week. very cold next week really cant wait for the little chicks hatch coming very soon.
Mine are already here and wings feathering
Anne

United States

#96071 Feb 21, 2014
I have always loved the baby chicks. Little fuzzy balls of delight! I saw several hens with their baby chicks in the past couple of weeks. Seems there's a serious problem with feral chickens running around Hawaii.
Anne

United States

#96072 Feb 21, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Kroger.... about 25 years ago some couple was making out upstairs on their break period and the ceiling caved in and she fell into the meat rack and he was dangling from the ceiling. Needless to say, the phone lines overloaded with the entire town reporting the event. I could just picture 2 old ladies standing there and one tells the other "Oh, a special on smoked sausage" hahaha
Heeheehee ! If that happened "today" think of all the cell phone cameras clicking away! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96073 Feb 21, 2014
@Anne.. welcome home. Storm here was not too bad and just rain now
Anne

United States

#96075 Feb 21, 2014
Thank you! Good to sleep in my own bed again! Great time and would love to go again sometime. Our storm last night had thunder and lightning, but not too bad. My chickens survived my trip. I was concerned. Lol. Have a wonderful day!
George Noory

La Grange, KY

#96076 Feb 21, 2014
So, what killed the birds?
Kevin

Richmond, KY

#96081 Feb 21, 2014
I'll be there.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#96082 Feb 21, 2014
If you guys will wait, I will sign my autobiography book that you bought. With all the royalties, I should be able to purchase some more cheap hotdogs. lol Being so popular is really very demanding.
understanding

Middlesboro, KY

#96083 Feb 21, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
If you guys will wait, I will sign my autobiography book that you bought. With all the royalties, I should be able to purchase some more cheap hotdogs. lol Being so popular is really very demanding.
Hello I am unfamiliar with your work would you care to please enlighten a poor lay person?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tail gating drivers 34 min Ho-tep 7
News Hillview man arrested for shooting down drone; ... 45 min Ho-tep 5
Review: Addiction Recovery Center 11 hr cottontail 3
Child support 14 hr Blessed mom 9
swinger clubs 14 hr Karma 2
remember the dew drop inn back in the 70's and... (Jul '10) 17 hr five7s 48
He touches me down there 22 hr Fake 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages