Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

United States

#96180 Feb 25, 2014
Princess412 wrote:
Hopefully something changes in the next couple weeks, I'm planning staying in the city and watching the parade.
...and that sounds like fun!(Especially if the weather cooperates!). I'm part Irish....
Anne

United States

#96182 Feb 25, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well maybe March will come in like a lion and go out like a lamb, instead of vice versa. I worked with an old black man for the last few days and he is a year older than me. I am just Thankful to GOD that we are still able to do manual work (especially after I spent 47 years behind a desk) and I can't let him out work me. We sang old Gospel songs while we do worked LOL His wife fed 70 impoverished people this morning, mostly some hungry kids.
Wow! Did his wife cook all that food or did she have a lot of help ?
Sounds like you two guys had quite a time working and singing ! My better half used to sing at weddings and funerals. He said theres not a lot of difference and the songs are interchangeable. Lol
Bertha Flood Gate

Chesapeake, VA

#96184 Feb 25, 2014
I live out here on the east coast in VA, and we saw the Sun fall real slow down behind the earth way out on the west side of the united states, I hope it missed California. cause it fell so slow and went way out of sight, every thing got real dark out here. if it hit California or Texas we wont have very much beef to eat or any pot to smoke, whatle we do. I thank that #one poster is on to sumpthin, I'm so skeered my panties are in knots.
Anne

Paris, TN

#96185 Feb 25, 2014
Bertha Flood Gate wrote:
I live out here on the east coast in VA, and we saw the Sun fall real slow down behind the earth way out on the west side of the united states, I hope it missed California. cause it fell so slow and went way out of sight, every thing got real dark out here. if it hit California or Texas we wont have very much beef to eat or any pot to smoke, whatle we do. I thank that #one poster is on to sumpthin, I'm so skeered my panties are in knots.
Ooookay. You may be on (to) something ...
Hope you have a good evening!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96186 Feb 25, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! Did his wife cook all that food or did she have a lot of help ?
Sounds like you two guys had quite a time working and singing ! My better half used to sing at weddings and funerals. He said theres not a lot of difference and the songs are interchangeable. Lol
I am not sure if she had help or not.
Anne

Paris, TN

#96187 Feb 25, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I am not sure if she had help or not.
Still, being almost or being 70 and feeding 70 people is quite a feat. The woman has some real stamina!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96191 Feb 25, 2014
The high around here for tomorrow, Wed., is supposed to be 38* and then back up in the upper 40's for the next 10 days. But things do change, ya know!

Did ya all notice that last "full moon" several nights ago? Such a beauty and just pure ice-blue-clear. Reminds me of so many songs that we used to dance so close and warm to. Those mo-hair sweaters that the girls wore back then sure were nice to ..........snuggle in! Well,......I just,.......it sounded ok,.......but then..........second thoughts..........MMmmmm...... ....here we go again Wolf)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96192 Feb 25, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
The high around here for tomorrow, Wed., is supposed to be 38* and then back up in the upper 40's for the next 10 days. But things do change, ya know!
Did ya all notice that last "full moon" several nights ago? Such a beauty and just pure ice-blue-clear. Reminds me of so many songs that we used to dance so close and warm to. Those mo-hair sweaters that the girls wore back then sure were nice to ..........snuggle in! Well,......I just,.......it sounded ok,.......but then..........second thoughts..........MMmmmm...... ....here we go again Wolf)
Yeah, button down collar shirts (usually white), pegged blue jeans, white socks, and penny loafers dancing cheek to cheek with that special one that wore your class ring with mo-hair wrapped around it to make it fit while Pat Boone sang "April Love"...... and that was with the one that got away and good thing because now she weighs a slim Three-O-Five lol
Anne

Paris, TN

#96193 Feb 26, 2014
Spring must be just around the corner because that's when (young) men's thoughts.....wait! This is déjà vu! Oh well, as long as there's men and snuggly sweaters....lol

Princess was right. It's COLD out there.

Level 1

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96194 Feb 26, 2014
I know it's cold 10 inches of snow I know I feel Luke I just bring horrible news to this thread! It starts Friday going to Tuesday.
Anne

United States

#96195 Feb 26, 2014
That's okay, Princess, we won't kill the messenger. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96197 Feb 26, 2014
Anne wrote:
That's okay, Princess, we won't kill the messenger. Lol
That is only because the guillotine blade is frozen shut LOL
boom

Franklin, IN

#96200 Feb 26, 2014
Bertha Flood Gate wrote:
Ohhh Bertha, don't worry, don't you know that the #1 cash crop in KY is pot??? hahahaha
Scientist

Jeffersonville, IN

#96202 Feb 26, 2014
Natural disasters everywhere proving end if earth
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96204 Feb 27, 2014
Wow.... 21 hours without any bird droppings LOL

Level 1

Location hidden

#96205 Feb 27, 2014
-23 tonight I hate this weather I should be in flip flops enjoying the beach. So excited to watch the snow fall this weekend NOT! I had big plans to go swimming and enjoy some spring shopping for clothes and new spring shoes. Not happening going to make cookies and food and watch some good cable!. Happy Happy Thursday!

Level 1

Location hidden

#96207 Feb 27, 2014
"You are a fascinating creature: I don't know whether to laugh at you outright or pull out my abnormal psychology reference manual to see how you rate for your histrionic, narcissistic, and antisocial behaviors..."
Anne

Paris, TN

#96208 Feb 27, 2014
Brrrr! Bitter cold and I'm starting to come down with a cold!:-(
"Bird droppings" lol
We've been clearing trash and clutter from the barn apartment and maybe, hopefully, we can do a little painting this weekend! Hope all of you are toasty warm and all your critters doing fine. Wow! It's been a cold winter!
birdman

Lexington, KY

#96210 Feb 27, 2014
Perhaps a virus from an environmental change.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96211 Feb 27, 2014
Hello All,........yeah, I know.....just out of the blue! But I happened across of the most beautiful song I've EVER heard in my __ years of life. "The 12 th. Of Never", by Slim Whitman. He can do no wrong, period, but this song tops them all,........to me. Please, do a search and you'll listen more than once.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
For a good time call.... 28 min Omg 12
Destinie N Jupin 29 min Why u lie 9
A&G towing and recovery (Feb '14) 2 hr Sharp as a tack 23
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 3 hr Phoenix97 3,430
What is the best club in Louisville to find swi... (Feb '17) 6 hr Sassygrl 10
Trump is Not Qualified 9 hr Steven Deaks 5
Carla Rushing, I want to hire you, please respond! (Aug '16) 18 hr Anon 22

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance