Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Anne

Brea, CA

#95892 Feb 10, 2014
Judge Dread wrote:
<quoted text>School's closed all week. You heard it here first! Tell all your friends.
Nah, not for our school district. Its a 2 hour delay tomorrow. Just checked the schools website.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95893 Feb 10, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, little babies! How wonderful!! Little yellow ones or little black ones? In a day or so little wing feathers will begin to show!
Neither, they are a reddish-brown.. Rhode Island Reds
Anne

Brea, CA

#95895 Feb 10, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Neither, they are a reddish-brown.. Rhode Island Reds
Ya know how some public parks have squirrels running around all over the place? Well, in these here parts there's, get this, CHICKENS running around! A general mix of red, brown and black--no white--and all sizes. Saw a mother hen with 7 multicolor chicks today . Cute. I guess you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl cos why on earth am I noticing chickens????
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95896 Feb 11, 2014
@Anne.. my newly hatched chicks are all incubated. The Rhode Islands are good egg layers but do not make very good mother hens and rarely, if ever go broody. I incubated some eggs now to better maintain mid-summer egg production levels.
Kyle

Logan, WV

#95898 Feb 11, 2014
I dont agree, weed can't hurt anything other than your snack jar and your sleeping schedule!!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95899 Feb 11, 2014
Kyle wrote:
I dont agree, weed can't hurt anything other than your snack jar and your sleeping schedule!!
and your wallet or purse LOL
Wow

Stanton, KY

#95900 Feb 11, 2014
Wow this is sad74
Upsurge heart

United States

#95902 Feb 11, 2014
Ok if you say so !
Anne

Brea, CA

#95903 Feb 11, 2014
Abeliever wrote:
The most popular poster in this birds thread just thought I'd drop by and say hello to all the regulars and decent posters.

Trolls.......nah!
Good Morning, Abeliever!! Wonderful to have you here this morning and you are truly missed! Hope things are going great for you and yours!
I sure miss Misty and Miss E so hope all's well with them. The guys have been rather silent also, so I'm assuming they are super busy with life and, hopefully, Life is Good!!
Anne

Brea, CA

#95905 Feb 11, 2014
Shirley Temple left this old world last night. She was 85.
RIP.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95906 Feb 11, 2014
Anne wrote:
Shirley Temple left this old world last night. She was 85.
RIP.
Yes, RIP on the Good Ship, Lollipop.
boom

Indianapolis, IN

#95907 Feb 11, 2014
I hope everybody will take time to watch this video about fracking. Fracking will cause earthquakes along with many other bad things like animal deaths, house explosiions, human sickness, etc. Everybody needs to know about this!
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Anne

Brea, CA

#95909 Feb 11, 2014
boom wrote:
I hope everybody will take time to watch this video about fracking. Fracking will cause earthquakes along with many other bad things like animal deaths, house explosiions, human sickness, etc. Everybody needs to know about this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GIyrwHUOlwgXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
I do know several states use fracking. Pennsylvania being one for sure. West Virginia, Ohio, parts of KY and TN. Others. Pretty widespread.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95910 Feb 12, 2014
Mother is in bad shape.She and her three, small dogs were involved in an accident. She has three cracked ribs, punctured lung and concussion with severe bruising. Just heard recently she is suffering from cataracts as well..

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95911 Feb 12, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Mother is in bad shape.She and her three, small dogs were involved in an accident. She has three cracked ribs, punctured lung and concussion with severe bruising. Just heard recently she is suffering from cataracts as well..
So sorry to hear this. Will keep her in prAyer and positive thought
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95912 Feb 12, 2014
Would those cause a blackout? I had to speak with her over the phone. She is in so much pain. Living long distance is so terrible under these circumstances. Goodnight and Blessings.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95913 Feb 12, 2014
Thank you,Ms. E. I need to go to bed and call her tomorrow. Your prayer and though are appreciated.Gnite.
Anne

Brea, CA

#95914 Feb 12, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Oh, Misty! I am so sorry about your Mothers accident. My prayers and thoughts go out for you and your family.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95916 Feb 12, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Would those cause a blackout? I had to speak with her over the phone. She is in so much pain. Living long distance is so terrible under these circumstances. Goodnight and Blessings.
Cataracts would not necessarily cause a blackout but they can hamper the ability to see (like trying to look through a Coke bottle) and may be what caused the accident. A cataract is essentially a build up of film on the lens on the back of the eyeball that can be surgically removed and replaced with a manufactured lens. I have had both of my eyes operated on and carry papers in my wallet that explains the prescription on the new lens. The procedure (though worrisome) is not painful other than it feels like someone put a small piece of ice in the corner of the eye. More cold, than pain.

My biggest concern with the last procedure was that the eye surgeon (a female) was only about 4 foot 8 inches tall and had to stand on a stool to work on my eye. Her assistant was another lady about 6 foot 10 inches tall. A regular Mutt and Jeff. LOL I was afraid that the hovering giant might knock the little short surgeon off the stool and she might take my eyeball with her when she fell. LOL

Best wishes for your mother. I do understand the problem with distance and not being there to console and comfort first-hand..
boom

Charlestown, IN

#95917 Feb 12, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know several states use fracking. Pennsylvania being one for sure. West Virginia, Ohio, parts of KY and TN. Others. Pretty widespread.
Turns out fracking isn't the wonderful solution it was said to be. What amazes me is how our own government allows certain things, sacrificing one section of people just to do what they want for the sake of money. It's no wonder they are getting by with this, it is Halliburton who "invented" fracking. It is not safe at all. People should really check into what is happening in areas where fracking is being done. Shoot, we don't need terrorists, we are poisoning our water supplies all on our own!

Here is another video:
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 11 hr David 1
places that hire felons.help! 12 hr constanceswan 1
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 16 hr Mike 17
brad jones fairdale 17 hr beef 8
Mouse Moments - (Sep '11) Fri Maverick 808 12,445
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) Fri kctopps 61
Sarah annanice reece Fri Maverick 808 3
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web