Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81773 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95912 Feb 12, 2014
Would those cause a blackout? I had to speak with her over the phone. She is in so much pain. Living long distance is so terrible under these circumstances. Goodnight and Blessings.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95913 Feb 12, 2014
Thank you,Ms. E. I need to go to bed and call her tomorrow. Your prayer and though are appreciated.Gnite.
Anne

Brea, CA

#95914 Feb 12, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Mother is in bad shape.She and her three, small dogs were involved in an accident. She has three cracked ribs, punctured lung and concussion with severe bruising. Just heard recently she is suffering from cataracts as well..
Oh, Misty! I am so sorry about your Mothers accident. My prayers and thoughts go out for you and your family.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95916 Feb 12, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Would those cause a blackout? I had to speak with her over the phone. She is in so much pain. Living long distance is so terrible under these circumstances. Goodnight and Blessings.
Cataracts would not necessarily cause a blackout but they can hamper the ability to see (like trying to look through a Coke bottle) and may be what caused the accident. A cataract is essentially a build up of film on the lens on the back of the eyeball that can be surgically removed and replaced with a manufactured lens. I have had both of my eyes operated on and carry papers in my wallet that explains the prescription on the new lens. The procedure (though worrisome) is not painful other than it feels like someone put a small piece of ice in the corner of the eye. More cold, than pain.

My biggest concern with the last procedure was that the eye surgeon (a female) was only about 4 foot 8 inches tall and had to stand on a stool to work on my eye. Her assistant was another lady about 6 foot 10 inches tall. A regular Mutt and Jeff. LOL I was afraid that the hovering giant might knock the little short surgeon off the stool and she might take my eyeball with her when she fell. LOL

Best wishes for your mother. I do understand the problem with distance and not being there to console and comfort first-hand..
boom

Charlestown, IN

#95917 Feb 12, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I do know several states use fracking. Pennsylvania being one for sure. West Virginia, Ohio, parts of KY and TN. Others. Pretty widespread.
Turns out fracking isn't the wonderful solution it was said to be. What amazes me is how our own government allows certain things, sacrificing one section of people just to do what they want for the sake of money. It's no wonder they are getting by with this, it is Halliburton who "invented" fracking. It is not safe at all. People should really check into what is happening in areas where fracking is being done. Shoot, we don't need terrorists, we are poisoning our water supplies all on our own!

Here is another video:
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95920 Feb 12, 2014
Thank you All for your thoughtful, kind remarks. Something about a
'mass' on her lung, but she was released this a.m. The physician has asked that she visit an opthamologist. She was abulating around her room packing to leave when her husband said she's 'getting it' meaning his cell. I sent her several pictures of the children to hopefully help her focus on getting better. Feeling sorry for her Hubby right now who stated the most obvious:'She overdoes it.' Could it be the Scotch/ Irish, Cherokee genes? I haven't a clue.
@ AW,Anne,Ms.E your kindness and words send positive energy toward Florida. Thank you,Blessed eve' to All.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95922 Feb 12, 2014
Sinkhole collapsed in Bowling Green swallowing up 8 Corvettes at the National Corvette Museum.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#95923 Feb 12, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Sinkhole collapsed in Bowling Green swallowing up 8 Corvettes at the National Corvette Museum.
Reckon the New Madrid Fault is about to slip?
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95924 Feb 12, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Oh no! Those new ones setting in the lobby ?:-(

Lol
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95925 Feb 12, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no! Those new ones setting in the lobby ?:-(
Lol
I think it said that one was from 1962 with two owned by GM and six by the museum.
what

Madison, TN

#95926 Feb 12, 2014
I am concerned.
boom

Charlestown, IN

#95927 Feb 12, 2014
what wrote:
I am concerned.
I keep thinking about that poor guy that was swallowed up while in his bedroom never to be seen again. Can you imagine that happening to a loved one? That's just sad, not to mention scary!
Anne

Kahului, HI

#95929 Feb 12, 2014
boom wrote:
<quoted text>I keep thinking about that poor guy that was swallowed up while in his bedroom never to be seen again. Can you imagine that happening to a loved one? That's just sad, not to mention scary!
Yes. It is scary and sad. There's a lot of sad things in this world.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#95930 Feb 13, 2014
One should check their Homeowner Policy to make sure the Sinkhole Collapse and Earthquake Coverages have been added as an endorsement or a rider. Those two coverages are not always automatically included in a standard homeowner policy, but can be added by paying an additional premium. This can vary based on company, so it is just best to check the policy.

We also see so many tv commercials about switching car insurance and saving this amount or that amount. I believe AllState is about the only commercial that I have seen that references the need to make sure you are getting the same amount of coverages or deductibles. Cheap premiums are not always the best and if you are involved in a serious accident, the fact that you saved so much a year on your insurance becomes fairly irrelevant.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#95931 Feb 13, 2014
Hey everyone. It's been a minute since I've checked in. Hope everyone is well.

Good advice on that coverage AW. Better to check it out before it's too late. I found that lesson out the hard way years back. I'm probably still paying for it in one way or the other, comparatively speaking..

Well, I'm off to scour the forums while I have my hot coffee. Maybe I'll be back later on. Never can tell which way the wind is going to blow me these days. All I know is that I'm looking forward to that wind being routinely above 55 degrees again for a change! Bring on that nice Spring weather already!!! I want to see flowers and leaves outside instead of these barren trees and dead forest matter in the wood line... The Redwood and Dogwoods need to bloom, and pronto!!

Blessings to all.
_-_Nope_-_
boom

Indianapolis, IN

#95932 Feb 13, 2014
what wrote:
I am concerned.
Earthquakes, tornados, hurricanes, damage done by fracking that everybody turns their head to, loud booms and other unexplained noises heard and felt around the world, meteors crashing to the earth, sinkholes opening up. The bible speaks of the earth groaning. I would say we are seeing that before our eyes. I would also say that this earth as we know it is leaving us at a fast pace. Still NOT a time to worry. Just place your trust in the Lord and be prepared as best you can then don't sweat it!
boom

Indianapolis, IN

#95933 Feb 13, 2014
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>Reckon the New Madrid Fault is about to slip?
Yep but that is only one thing on a list of our problems. LOL If there were to be a really big earthquake from that area, I don't know but I can imagine a whole lot of sinkholes caving in across a large area of the US. No doubt we shall see.
boom

Indianapolis, IN

#95934 Feb 13, 2014
Just maybe what we are seeing is what we were warned about in the bible. I don't know but I do believe so. I still don't consider it a time for worry, just a time to count your ducks and get them in a row, so to speak. And place your trust in the One who created it all to start with.
Luke 21:11 And great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
25 ďAnd there shall be signs in the sun and in the moon and in the stars; and upon the earth distress among nations, with perplexity, the sea and the waves roaring.
26 Menís hearts will fail them for fear and for looking upon those things which are coming on the earth; for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
what

United States

#95935 Feb 13, 2014
And this morning a major gas line explosion in Ky. More concerned. :(

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#95936 Feb 13, 2014
It is what it is
The great saying that covers it all
the easy way out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stripper who is it? 22 min Pope Apathy 12
Loan sharks 30 min lovebadgals 5
david powell and kim massey need address and wi... 3 hr lovebadgirls 3
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 3 hr Breezy _Soul 8,072
Street Hookers (Jun '10) 6 hr lovebadgals 39
Louisville Gangs 6 hr MadWhiteMan 3
Ku Klux Klan rally nearing 16 hr Cartoon watcher 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages