Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81703 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

United States

#95886 Feb 10, 2014
As far as the prepping goes I've got a lot to do. Our crawl space is about 4' high and is dry and has electric lighting. There are plastic chairs. A table, and assorted food and a can opener. That toilet paper and a porta John .. Lol. Hope we never have to use it.
Now , AW, you've seen all the locations. I don't know how to fix this iPhone to anything else. Makes me crazy .lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95887 Feb 10, 2014
Anne wrote:
As far as the prepping goes I've got a lot to do. Our crawl space is about 4' high and is dry and has electric lighting. There are plastic chairs. A table, and assorted food and a can opener. That toilet paper and a porta John .. Lol. Hope we never have to use it.
Now , AW, you've seen all the locations. I don't know how to fix this iPhone to anything else. Makes me crazy .lol
I would not let locations drive me crazy. Even my desktop changes to Nicholasville, Lexington, Berea, and Versailles; and I am in none of those places. LOL As for the bird topic, I have new baby chicks just hatched out today.
Anne

United States

#95888 Feb 10, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I would not let locations drive me crazy. Even my desktop changes to Nicholasville, Lexington, Berea, and Versailles; and I am in none of those places. LOL As for the bird topic, I have new baby chicks just hatched out today.
Ohhh, little babies! How wonderful!! Little yellow ones or little black ones? In a day or so little wing feathers will begin to show!

Since: Feb 14

Lexington, KY

#95889 Feb 10, 2014
HARP! Googl it, this weapon con kill not just the birds.A result of gov testing, this should scare the hell out of people, most dont even have aclue about this technology.

Since: Feb 14

Lexington, KY

#95890 Feb 10, 2014
H.A.R.P.
Judge Dread

Richmond, VA

#95891 Feb 10, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sheesh . No school again.
I'm sorry.
School's closed all week. You heard it here first! Tell all your friends.
Anne

United States

#95892 Feb 10, 2014
Judge Dread wrote:
<quoted text>School's closed all week. You heard it here first! Tell all your friends.
Nah, not for our school district. Its a 2 hour delay tomorrow. Just checked the schools website.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95893 Feb 10, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, little babies! How wonderful!! Little yellow ones or little black ones? In a day or so little wing feathers will begin to show!
Neither, they are a reddish-brown.. Rhode Island Reds
Anne

United States

#95895 Feb 10, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Neither, they are a reddish-brown.. Rhode Island Reds
Ya know how some public parks have squirrels running around all over the place? Well, in these here parts there's, get this, CHICKENS running around! A general mix of red, brown and black--no white--and all sizes. Saw a mother hen with 7 multicolor chicks today . Cute. I guess you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl cos why on earth am I noticing chickens????
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95896 Feb 11, 2014
@Anne.. my newly hatched chicks are all incubated. The Rhode Islands are good egg layers but do not make very good mother hens and rarely, if ever go broody. I incubated some eggs now to better maintain mid-summer egg production levels.
Kyle

Charleston, WV

#95898 Feb 11, 2014
I dont agree, weed can't hurt anything other than your snack jar and your sleeping schedule!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95899 Feb 11, 2014
Kyle wrote:
I dont agree, weed can't hurt anything other than your snack jar and your sleeping schedule!!
and your wallet or purse LOL
Wow

Winchester, KY

#95900 Feb 11, 2014
Wow this is sad74
Upsurge heart

United States

#95902 Feb 11, 2014
Ok if you say so !
Anne

United States

#95903 Feb 11, 2014
Abeliever wrote:
The most popular poster in this birds thread just thought I'd drop by and say hello to all the regulars and decent posters.

Trolls.......nah!
Good Morning, Abeliever!! Wonderful to have you here this morning and you are truly missed! Hope things are going great for you and yours!
I sure miss Misty and Miss E so hope all's well with them. The guys have been rather silent also, so I'm assuming they are super busy with life and, hopefully, Life is Good!!
Anne

United States

#95905 Feb 11, 2014
Shirley Temple left this old world last night. She was 85.
RIP.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95906 Feb 11, 2014
Anne wrote:
Shirley Temple left this old world last night. She was 85.
RIP.
Yes, RIP on the Good Ship, Lollipop.
boom

Bloomington, IN

#95907 Feb 11, 2014
I hope everybody will take time to watch this video about fracking. Fracking will cause earthquakes along with many other bad things like animal deaths, house explosiions, human sickness, etc. Everybody needs to know about this!
&fe ature=youtube_gdata_player
Anne

United States

#95909 Feb 11, 2014
boom wrote:
I hope everybody will take time to watch this video about fracking. Fracking will cause earthquakes along with many other bad things like animal deaths, house explosiions, human sickness, etc. Everybody needs to know about this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =GIyrwHUOlwgXX&feature=you tube_gdata_player
I do know several states use fracking. Pennsylvania being one for sure. West Virginia, Ohio, parts of KY and TN. Others. Pretty widespread.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95910 Feb 12, 2014
Mother is in bad shape.She and her three, small dogs were involved in an accident. She has three cracked ribs, punctured lung and concussion with severe bruising. Just heard recently she is suffering from cataracts as well..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the best club in Louisville to find swi... 23 min Chuck 2
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 45 min Concerned_American 9,246
Walking Bridge 2 hr endocrine system 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 2 hr Scotty Steiner 2,398
anyone know beth smith (Jun '15) 5 hr Anonymous 2
Poll Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 5 hr Dottie 107
Any good adult movie theaters for a single girl... (Nov '12) 11 hr Anonymous 25

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance