Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95856 Feb 8, 2014
boom wrote:
<quoted text>
You're welcome. Check out some of the TOPIX sites for the local towns in far Western KY and you will see people talking about hearing the "booms" lately. Some were heard yesterday. You are right, we all need to be as prepared as possible. That site above describes those earthquakes of 1811-1812 and what people had to do to survive, how wide spread the damage was, etc. Interesting and could be a little scary to think about being caught in the middle of it! I'm glad I know my Savior!
I am glad you know our Savior, but I have never heard any booms in my area so I suppose I am not that scared. I suppose I would be if it actually happened here. What concerns me more is the fast approaching tornado season such as the one that I survived on April 3, 1974 when about 50 houses and several people in my neighborhood did not.
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95857 Feb 8, 2014
Thank you for helping them. They are close to my parents age if my parents were still living and I would've certainly appreciated help for them under the same circumstances.
It's 8:30pm here (1:30am there) and I'm exhausted. Today I met a gentleman that was in the Navy and on Ford Island in Pearl Harbor that December 7.
boom

Columbus, IN

#95858 Feb 9, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I am glad you know our Savior, but I have never heard any booms in my area so I suppose I am not that scared. I suppose I would be if it actually happened here. What concerns me more is the fast approaching tornado season such as the one that I survived on April 3, 1974 when about 50 houses and several people in my neighborhood did not.
I know what you mean. I think that we see and hear about such dramatic happenings anymore that it is really difficult to be scared about much of anything like that. We see it on the news and Hollywood makes it seem so real in tv and movies, we are desensitized to everything. But like in your case where you survived a tornado, so you can be scared of that. We have had several tornados destroy communities in my area but unless those conditions are right and the wind isn't trying to take the roof off, I'm not scared. Doesn't make much sense really. But boy oh boy, when those clouds get real dark and that wind is blowing so hard, that is so scary. When I read the accounts of what happened during those 1811-1812 earthquakes and what people actually saw happening all around them, I think how scary it must have been. Like that guy a year or so ago that was swallowed up in that sinkhole while asleep in his bedroom. I imagine those earthquakes were ever bit that horrific but much more widespread. It's just hard to really imagine. But yep, the thought of tornado season coming is not a good thought. Just how many times can you dodge the bullet? We have that every year plus the New Madrid fault a little too close for comfort that will remind us it is there from time to time, now maybe with the "booms".
who cares

United States

#95859 Feb 9, 2014
Why is this always on top
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95860 Feb 9, 2014
Well it is Church time for me, not that I adhere to all the trivial denominational pursuits of man-made rules for maintaining social conformity of the group; but to Thank GOD for allowing me to survive a tornado, 2 hurricanes, a heart attack, a quadruple coronary bypass, a right carotid artery endarterectory and left carotid stent procedure and I am still here to watch out for those folks in need. GOD bless each and every one and a Good day to all. Keep smiling!!
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#95861 Feb 9, 2014
Hi everyone..... been a while since i had internet. thought i would stop in and see what topix sets my location as. Hope everyone is staying warm :)
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#95862 Feb 9, 2014
vine grove???? well thats off by about twenty miles
boom

Columbus, IN

#95863 Feb 9, 2014
@what... here is another link in case you didn't find it on that site: http://new-madrid.mo.us/index.aspx...

New Madrid, MO actually sounds like an interesting place. They have an interesting city website. They have some interesting Civil War and Native American history references.
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95864 Feb 9, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well it is Church time for me, not that I adhere to all the trivial denominational pursuits of man-made rules for maintaining social conformity of the group; but to Thank GOD for allowing me to survive a tornado, 2 hurricanes, a heart attack, a quadruple coronary bypass, a right carotid artery endarterectory and left carotid stent procedure and I am still here to watch out for those folks in need. GOD bless each and every one and a Good day to all. Keep smiling!!
There's an old hymn, "Count Your Blessings", and you, Ancient Wolf, surely do.
Have a wonderful Sunday everyone .
Kentucky

Lyndora, PA

#95865 Feb 9, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Well it is Church time for me, not that I adhere to all the trivial denominational pursuits of man-made rules for maintaining social conformity of the group; but to Thank GOD for allowing me to survive a tornado, 2 hurricanes, a heart attack, a quadruple coronary bypass, a right carotid artery endarterectory and left carotid stent procedure and I am still here to watch out for those folks in need. GOD bless each and every one and a Good day to all. Keep

smiling!!
:-)
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95867 Feb 9, 2014
betty wrote:
vine grove???? well thats off by about twenty miles
Goodness, Betty! Topix does have a tendency to throw us around. Lol. I'm sure home computers keep you in the general area you're actually posting from but iPhones , well, anywhere is fair game! It's not uncommon for mine to be off 2,000-3,000 miles. I've tried to control it but haven't figured it out so if someone knows how, please let me know. I do know if you post under a registered Topix name then you can choose your location and there I keep my location hidden. Maybe I should ask how to change my registered name.....
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95870 Feb 9, 2014
More snow.
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95871 Feb 9, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
More snow.
Sheesh . No school again.
I'm sorry.
Voice of Reason

Georgetown, KY

#95873 Feb 10, 2014
You can't discount the possibility that the biologists and scientists just happened upon the aftermath of a dove shoot. Not everything has to mean the end of the world is coming, guys. Who knows, maybe they DID have the West Nile virus. Maybe they DID die from an intense shock brought on by their mutual and uncanny knowledge that an earthquake was nigh. However, my bet is on one of two possibilities.... One, the dove shoot theory. Two, they farted themselves to death rather than face another piss-poor Kentucky winter.
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95874 Feb 10, 2014
Voice of Reason wrote:
You can't discount the possibility that the biologists and scientists just happened upon the aftermath of a dove shoot. Not everything has to mean the end of the world is coming, guys. Who knows, maybe they DID have the West Nile virus. Maybe they DID die from an intense shock brought on by their mutual and uncanny knowledge that an earthquake was nigh. However, my bet is on one of two possibilities.... One, the dove shoot theory. Two, they farted themselves to death rather than face another piss-poor Kentucky winter.
Were they doves, cardinals, or starlings? Maybe another bird?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95875 Feb 10, 2014
The report was for blackbirds and starlings and not doves, song birds, love birds, jail birds, silly geese, or Wild Turkey; although a few old birds may have been drinking the latter and wound up being silly and thrown in jail
the sun is shining

Wilmington, DE

#95878 Feb 10, 2014
:)
okk

Hyden, KY

#95879 Feb 10, 2014
10 of february is old time pea planting day so spring has sprung.wish all a wonderful spring no more bad weather.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95880 Feb 10, 2014
okk wrote:
10 of february is old time pea planting day so spring has sprung.wish all a wonderful spring no more bad weather.
My peas would get lost in this 4 inches of snow with hard packed frozen ground beneath from the ice storm of last week . LOL
Anne

Los Angeles, CA

#95883 Feb 10, 2014
Just checked and, even though there was a little more snow over the weekend, the schools were not closed today !! It seems the school kids have been home for most of the winter.:-(
Back to the bird topic: yesterday while visiting a cemetery, I placed bird feed in my outstretched hand and the doves would land on my hand and eagerly eat every last little bit of food. Those birds were plenty healthy and seemed pretty active to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where are all the street walkers and hookers in... (Nov '15) 17 min Boy wonder 502 26
Pedophiles 1 hr Susan 12
News City wants drug recovery center (Mar '06) 2 hr vindictivemeanold... 67
Trump for President, He will win. watch 2 hr Scotty Steiner 213
Clarence Taylor 5 hr Wants to know 1
Carla Rushing, I want to hire you, please respond! 9 hr Attorney 1
all this talk about equality and fairness but t... 14 hr JAC 1

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages