Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81707 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95745 Feb 2, 2014
Stay safe bird friends--- schools cancelled, roads are treacherous and they are predicting electrical outages from the heavy wet snow.
I'm working on a quilt for grandbaby #1!
Anne

Paris, TN

#95746 Feb 2, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
Stay safe bird friends--- schools cancelled, roads are treacherous and they are predicting electrical outages from the heavy wet snow.
I'm working on a quilt for grandbaby #1!
Congratulations!!! So exciting!! They give a lot of pleasure! But, on the other hand ... Please, please let there be school tomorrow!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95749 Feb 2, 2014
Hey Wolf, your post was well taken but I don't imagine the "Saint" (?) will get the message. I would guess he missed something a long time ago. Maybe if we throw a stick he'll go away.

Yesterday,(Sat.) was just great, 60* but a pretty windy. Now, today was so gloomy with 32* and rainy all day. Course the pros said 80% chance on it.......and I don't gamble! But..........no use to complain, can't change it.

And gals...!!! That statement that a woman cannot have too many shoes,.........I COULD argue that but would get nowhere! The Belle,...see,....you dare open her closet door here in the master bedroom and you're caught in a land slide, FACT! Another closet at the back of the house is so cluttered that I have moved my stuff out of it. A closet in the hallway is so..........Oh well. She ignores the word "hoarder."
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95750 Feb 3, 2014
@ MM.. About a 1/2 inch of icy slush here that dog has opted to not tread in and just went back to his recliner and left me here awake with my coffee wondering how much worse it will get.

The opinions and nonsense of most self appointed "Saints" (???) and sinners on this thread mean nothing when directed at me personally, but I will generally rebut any slams made toward the lady posters that have never been anything but nice to the other posters.

As for lady's never having too many shoes, I would have been pleased if the late wife's shoes were hoarded in a closet. My dear wife must have enjoyed building an obstacle course in the bedroom. She was so short that most of the kitchen cabinets were overloaded on the bottom shelves that I did not dare open one without causing an earthquake of unused Tupperware. It was so extreme that when I bought and remodeled the old homestead (after her passing) that I do not even have any overhead kitchen cabinets. Just some oak shelving with just the things that I use daily placed in neat stacks. But it would nice if she were still here and I had to wade through the bedroom obstacle course or try to avoid the cabinet earthquakes. Most aggravating back in the day, but oh so trivial now.
Anne

Paris, TN

#95751 Feb 3, 2014
@AW: You were quick to defend Miss E and the ladies on here did notice. Thanks! Everyone popped out of the woodwork ready to take care of someone special. Thanks.
Now about "stuff" in general. The path in the bedroom is getting wider and we work on it a little while almost every day . My kitchen cabinets are extra tall (9ft ceilings) but I'm short and can reach the second shelf by tiptoeing a little. The other two shelves are for display and there's where Grandmas dishes, churn, special cookie jars, etc are neatly arranged. It's kinda my version of AW's Cracker Barrel wall.
@MM: Hoarder? Hoarder? Lol. Surely you jest!! Lol.(My daughter uses that word on me. Better half is more cautious) My sisters collection of clothes were so extreme I suggested turning her bedroom into a giant closet. Double Clothes Rods along the walls and shoe racks filling another wall. The bed could be in the middle. I know two women who have had the rotating closet rods installed. It rotates much like the carpet display at lowes. Lol
So old

Lexington, KY

#95752 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
My sisters collection of clothes were so extreme I suggested turning her bedroom into a giant closet. Double Clothes Rods along the walls and shoe racks filling another wall. The bed could be in the middle. I know two women who have had the rotating closet rods installed. It rotates much like the carpet display at lowes. Lol
And I bet when it comes time to go anywhere, they have "nothing to wear". LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95753 Feb 3, 2014
oops.. Forgot to change the ID where I had posted on another thread that I often wonder how people can develop so much hate and negativity toward other posters when they have had so few life experiences?

Level 1

Location hidden

#95754 Feb 3, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
oops.. Forgot to change the ID where I had posted on another thread that I often wonder how people can develop so much hate and negativity toward other posters when they have had so few life experiences?
Thanks for standing up for me AW.
You're always there in the shadows watching out for me.
Roads into Lexington were nasty!
whitehair

Louisville, KY

#95756 Feb 3, 2014
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>So those roads are similar to you.
Snow about 3-4 inches over night. Schools closed. Traffic moving slowly. The city plowed the roads but the subdivision is not. Wrong!!-- the plow just went thru! Now my drive way has a foot of snow at the entrance!!.Think the incoming rain and warmer weather will melt it.. No point in shoveling , not going out anyway. More snow predicted for the end of the week!
Anne

Paris, TN

#95758 Feb 3, 2014
So old wrote:
<quoted text>And I bet when it comes time to go anywhere, they have "nothing to wear". LOL
Lol. Got that right!! I've "nothing to wear" and have a closet full. That's women speak lol. Misty & Miss E and most every woman understands exactly what I mean!!
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95760 Feb 3, 2014
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>Snow about 3-4 inches over night. Schools closed. Traffic moving slowly. The city plowed the roads but the subdivision is not. Wrong!!-- the plow just went thru! Now my drive way has a foot of snow at the entrance!!.Think the incoming rain and warmer weather will melt it.. No point in shoveling , not going out anyway. More snow predicted for the end of the week!
Snow was about an inch on the cars this morning. Schools were on a 2 hour delay. Subdivision we lived in up north didnt plow the streets so the intersections in the subdivision had big piles of snow with narrow car paths around the piles. Our high school junior attempted to cross over the snow pile and was surprised to be "king of the hill" with no way to get off!!
We got 3 eggs today!! All 3 different colors so I know 3 of the 4 hens felt "in the mood" yay.

Level 1

Location hidden

#95761 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. Got that right!! I've "nothing to wear" and have a closet full. That's women speak lol. Misty & Miss E and most every woman understands exactly what I mean!!
It's a mystery--- when I'm buying, washing, drying, hanging and folding it seems like a lot of clothes; however, at the exact moment I have to get ready it all seems so inadequate
Anne

Paris, TN

#95762 Feb 3, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>It's a mystery--- when I'm buying, washing, drying, hanging and folding it seems like a lot of clothes; however, at the exact moment I have to get ready it all seems so inadequate
Woman to woman, Ive thought about it and here's my woman's opinion. First there's the need of an outfit for a particular occasion- work, 4wheeling, church, shopping etc. and different types of weather in different seasons come into play, then there's the subtle nuances of mood and emotion at the exact time of choosing an outfit. Now, occasions and weather can pretty much be determined far in advance. Winter apparel , summer apparel etc that can be taken care of in advance via shopping sprees, but emotional feelings are "at this moment" and there can be absolutely nothing in the closet that satisfies those (sometimes) subtle feelings. Thus the "I've nothing to wear!"

Level 1

Location hidden

#95764 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Woman to woman, Ive thought about it and here's my woman's opinion. First there's the need of an outfit for a particular occasion- work, 4wheeling, church, shopping etc. and different types of weather in different seasons come into play, then there's the subtle nuances of mood and emotion at the exact time of choosing an outfit. Now, occasions and weather can pretty much be determined far in advance. Winter apparel , summer apparel etc that can be taken care of in advance via shopping sprees, but emotional feelings are "at this moment" and there can be absolutely nothing in the closet that satisfies those (sometimes) subtle feelings. Thus the "I've nothing to wear!"
I agree--- then factor in the "Men are hunters and women are gatherers" element.
A man says he's going to the store for jeans, razors and toilet paper, they come back with jeans, razors and toilet paper.
How crazy is that?
Women go to the store for the same three items and fill the biggie, put half back, walk the aisles, touch things, try on 20 pair of jeans--- we come home with a carload and no jeans.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95765 Feb 3, 2014
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>
Snow about 3-4 inches over night. Schools closed. Traffic moving slowly. The city plowed the roads but the subdivision is not. Wrong!!-- the plow just went thru! Now my drive way has a foot of snow at the entrance!!.Think the incoming rain and warmer weather will melt it.. No point in shoveling , not going out anyway. More snow predicted for the end of the week!
Partner had to stop at the truck stop in your area last night. Said cars were in the ditch. I guess, the plows helped him get to moving this a.m. Stay safe,Whitehair, and warm.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95766 Feb 3, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. Got that right!! I've "nothing to wear" and have a closet full. That's women speak lol. Misty & Miss E and most every woman understands exactly what I mean!!
Haha, I agree. Surely, the men don't want us wandering around like Eve. A woman can never have enough blouses, trousers and shoes and spring/ summer dresses. Lol. My little girl loves all shoes,and she's a tomboy;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95767 Feb 3, 2014
Is it plow or plough? Ms. E, Mr. AW ? Is either spelling correct?
Anne

United States

#95768 Feb 3, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Plough is just the British version of plow. Oops. I'm not Miss E or AW. Sorry
Anne

United States

#95769 Feb 3, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>Haha, I agree. Surely, the men don't want us wandering around like Eve. A woman can never have enough blouses, trousers and shoes and spring/ summer dresses. Lol. My little girl loves all shoes,and she's a tomboy;)
Lol. Maybe the do wish we all dressed like Eve... Js
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95770 Feb 3, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Either spelling is considered to be correct, but I normally use the spelling "plow" to refer to the tool and the spelling "plough" to refer to the action or the result of using the tool. But that is just my preference.

The snow plow just came down my road about 30 minutes ago and ploughed the roadway. The noise woke Dog and I up from our recliner nap. We were napping through an old Gunsmoke rerun on the tv.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 10,127
News Louisville woman arrested in deadly DUI 2 hr bjballard0713 8
Adult Theater with Blackout room? 2 hr Tranny4u 2
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 3 hr The Steven Deaks 4,702
I want a woman who just wants to be ate out all... 5 hr Ghost 42
Looking to seek revenge 6 hr Be ready 17
Is it wrong to still love the wrong person 10 hr Glad u figured out 87

Louisville Jobs

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages