Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 20 comments on the Jan 5, 2011, The Cincinnati Enquirer story titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

United States

#95581 Jan 23, 2014
Lol, MM! We'll have to live to be a least 150 years old to finish all of the assorted projects we want to do. We need to slow down and rearrange and simply eliminate a few. We are "smelling the roses" today and are headed for the boat show in Louisville .
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95582 Jan 23, 2014
@MM... I have also found that most of what I thought was important wasn't really that significant. From my perspective, the only important thing is to wake up each morning, put my feet on the floor without too many pains, and no one is shoveling dirt in my face.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95583 Jan 23, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@MM... I have also found that most of what I thought was important wasn't really that significant. From my perspective, the only important thing is to wake up each morning, put my feet on the floor without too many pains, and no one is shoveling dirt in my face.
I agree---
When I was 20 , I was going to conquer the world!
When I was 30, I was going to make a difference in my region.
When I was 40, I was going to be a positive influence on family and friends.
As I hit 50, I'm happy to keep the living room picked up.
CrackerJack

Mayfield, KY

#95584 Jan 23, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>I agree---
When I was 20 , I was going to conquer the world!
When I was 30, I was going to make a difference in my region.
When I was 40, I was going to be a positive influence on family and friends.
As I hit 50, I'm happy to keep the living room picked up.
.....as I hit 60 I'm happy be be able to pick up myself out of bed.

Level 1

Location hidden

#95585 Jan 23, 2014
CrackerJack wrote:
<quoted text>.....as I hit 60 I'm happy be be able to pick up myself out of bed.
I guess by 70 we will be happy to pick our own nose. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95586 Jan 23, 2014
You younguns need to walk up hill carrying 100 pound bags of chicken feed...... like a 70 year old LOL .
Kentucky

Pittsburgh, PA

#95587 Jan 23, 2014
Time sure flies!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95588 Jan 23, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess by 70 we will be happy to pick our own nose. Lol
What's that old adage?

You can pick your friends
and you can pick your nose...
but you should not pick your friend's nose LOL
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95589 Jan 23, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! I don't miss that noise at all and I'm serious about how close the road was to the apartment. Measuring heel to toe I counted off 8-9 steps from the side door to the road pavement. Pretty old building in a pretty old settlement.
Sure hope your partner is safe and sound!. The balaclava you mentioned earlier sounds warm as toast! Did you make it for him? Frankly I hadn't a clue what it was and had to google it. Lol. See , this thread is educational --!
Oh, he made a version of it by cutting the face. I had been planning to purchase several through the Winter Silks company since he does travel in the northeast and northwestern a lot. He looks like a baby bunting hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95590 Jan 23, 2014
Good thing we know how to sew around here, as well. Those darn brassieres get a hole by the wiring and ouch. Ingenuity comes from being resourceful and using what's available instead of going without and dwelling on lack of finances.It's kind of like the holes in socks. It seems to me things are made cheaply on today's market.
possibly

Glasgow, KY

#95592 Jan 23, 2014
life wrote:
It's a sign of what's to come! When we lose our natural inhabitants, It's usually not a good looking outcome for the rest of us. Lets keep drilling for oil and creating the next precription medication!....Because we need it.
Is there anyway these birds could have taken Dr.s medicines? That's what is killing more people than anything else. Notice how much it is advertised on TV? They are selling people medicine that actually does more harm than good 90% of the time. It's all about the money and I wonder if those poor birds might have ate some of it.
boom

Indianapolis, IN

#95594 Jan 23, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you've got quite a nice flock!! And your getting s lot of eggs in this cold weather! My grandson would be delighted to gather all those eggs! Obviously he's the reason I have a few hens and he has done well helping out. I've tried to make the setup so easy he had no problem attending to them on his own when I'm out of town.
Have a wonderful day! We're headed out and about even if there is no school--again!
Yes, they girls have done good. When they slack off I tell them they better get busy! lol It can be sort of expensive entertainment but I guess I have wasted money on worse things. Once the weather gets nicer I hope they earn their keep. Your grandson is blessed that you are keeping those chickens for him. He will learn a lot from helping you take care of them. He will never forget his grandma and the chickens y'all had.:) Hope you've had a good one.

Level 1

Location hidden

#95595 Jan 23, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
Good thing we know how to sew around here, as well. Those darn brassieres get a hole by the wiring and ouch. Ingenuity comes from being resourceful and using what's available instead of going without and dwelling on lack of finances.It's kind of like the holes in socks. It seems to me things are made cheaply on today's market.
I sew as a hobby. It's an art that is slowly going away. When my girls were little, I loved doing the smocking on their dresses. Still have my smocking pleater. Maybe I'll have a girl grandbaby one day!
Tollesboro Guy

Lexington, KY

#95596 Jan 23, 2014
[QUOTE who"Ancient Wolf "]<quoted text> I have never seen their performances, but my favorites were Jerry Lee Lewis and Chuck Berry. I was once a fellow passenger on a plane with Percy Sledge...."When a Man Loves a Woman".[/QUOTE]

AW, Wow, I would love to have seen Percy Sledge. I got on a plane one night in the old Denver airport headed for Huntsville, AL, the flight had originated in SLC, UT. Sitting in first class was the band ALABAMA. Front row, all the way across. I was the ONLY other passenger on this red-eye. I was back in the "Smoking Section" and after about half an hour here came Teddy Gentry and asked me if I had an extra pack of cigarettes. I gave him a pack of Marlboro Lights. He said thanks, but never volunteered to replace 'em. I guess they all still live in FT. Payne, AL, not too far from Huntsville. That was home for me five different times, we always moved back to Huntsville and may do it again...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95601 Jan 23, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I sew as a hobby. It's an art that is slowly going away. When my girls were little, I loved doing the smocking on their dresses. Still have my smocking pleater. Maybe I'll have a girl grandbaby one day!
I remember my first piece : a candy striped apron in high school. It was plain with a big pocket on the front. I recall giving it to my stepmother:) I once did latch hook, but quit after my troublesome marriage in the late '90s. Hopefully, you will have several girl grandbabies. They would sure look sweet and cuddly with that downy, red hair;) Have a nice evening and stay as toasty as possible; I am trying.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95602 Jan 23, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
You younguns need to walk up hill carrying 100 pound bags of chicken feed...... like a 70 year old LOL .
I remember in the army when I weighed around 102 pounds; the enlisted, higher ranking males got a laugh one day at me lugging the 50 pound metal, ammo box.Lol. I was glad that I was neither coming up or going down a hill at the time. I carried it though and got a mouthful of sand during the nuclear fallout demonstration. I was their runt.Hehehe.I could hold my own until it came to misfiring the M16 during cold,drizzling rain. Never was a good shot.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95603 Jan 23, 2014
@ AW , you most certainly must be muscular and sinewy carrying 100 pound bags of feed. Lol. Anyway, it is excellent exercise;) Take care of you and Dog and have a warm night. Those Rhode Island Reds are some nice looking chickens. Best eggs ever I do believe.
Goodnight to All...blessings .
Anne

United States

#95604 Jan 23, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I used to sew for a hobby. One fun project was to sew holiday pillowcases and mail them to my college student daughter. Halloween, Christmas , valentines day, and Easter are the school year holidays and the seasonal fabrics look pretty good sewn up into pillowcases! I understand completely about the under wires and have stitched that tiny hole that the wires makes several times. I have been known to just yank those wires out. Lol. Tonight I took my jammie tops (with those tiny buttons that wont stay buttoned) and stitched the front closed. Now those tops are just like a tshirt. Much better.
Craziest sewing project? Took apart a mattress, washed the cover, put the cover back onto the mattress frame. Lol. I don't need or want that experience again!!!!
Anne

United States

#95605 Jan 23, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I remember in the army when I weighed around 102 pounds; the enlisted, higher ranking males got a laugh one day at me lugging the 50 pound metal, ammo box.Lol. I was glad that I was neither coming up or going down a hill at the time. I carried it though and got a mouthful of sand during the nuclear fallout demonstration. I was their runt.Hehehe.I could hold my own until it came to misfiring the M16 during cold,drizzling rain. Never was a good shot.
Misty! That would be quite a sight! That ammo box was half your weight!! A 40 pound bag of feed is all I want to handle and I weigh more than 80 pounds! Lol-- of course I'm 61 years old... Lol
Misty eyef

Louisa, KY

#95606 Jan 23, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Misty! That would be quite a sight! That ammo box was half your weight!! A 40 pound bag of feed is all I want to handle and I weigh more than 80 pounds! Lol-- of course I'm 61 years old... Lol
I can barely lift 60 myself. You are doing fine though. Look at it this way: those legs must be all toned from driving so much.Hehe. Tina Turner legs.Now, those legs have always been nice. Lol. Good night:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
old women sluts (Aug '11) 2 hr yep 68
homewreckers 6 hr ONE ANGRY TAX PAYER 3
Time Warner Cable 6 hr Bleck 4
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 8 hr give me a break 81
Shemiyia O'Bannon (May '12) 13 hr Foreverhonest 3
What time can inmates make calls from Louisvill... (Jul '14) 13 hr steve 8
Desiree Ritchie (Apr '10) 19 hr Ramy 8
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE