Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 20 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Nothing is as it appears to be”

Since: Dec 13

My Happy Place

#95504 Jan 19, 2014
AW, your experiences of cemetery mowing as a teenager certainly were great character builders. How many teenage boys would do such a thing? Not many, I'm sure. And most certainly would have quit after receiving a scare such as you described - just as the old man did. LOL!

Miss E, what an interesting life you have had! I have never been to Cajun country and quite honestly have never had any desire to go. I can appreciate the music, but the food, not so much.

The Florida Keys, now that's a different story. I have been several times and loved it! If it weren't so expensive I would love to live there. The history, the seafood, the scuba diving, and the sunset celebrations on the Pier, all combined to make the perfect vacations. I met Mel Fisher there before he found the mother lode. He was taking on investors at the time to keep his search going. He was so convinced that he was close to finding it. We sat and talked for several hours at the Two Friends Bar. Oh, the stories he could tell! That was an experience of a lifetime. And he did find the treasure shortly afterward. Too bad I didn't invest. LOL

MM, those burial rituals sound so very strange and foreign to us. All that voodoo is something we would expect in places like Haiti. It's hard to imagine things like that still go on right here in the U.S. But then, I guess I tend to forget sometimes that there are worshipers of the dark side everywhere, even here in good ole KY.
Anne

United States

#95507 Jan 19, 2014
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Etouffee. You have to remove the accent marks. Learned that the hard way
I didnt put the miserable accent marks in--auto correct put them there for me and then when it posted it went crazy with all sorts of gibberish. Lol. Sooo, I just won't use that word anymore . Hah!
New info

United States

#95509 Jan 19, 2014
All birds is alive and well.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95510 Jan 19, 2014
Sweet Charlotte wrote:
Ancient wolf you should have talked to Slim , I have found that celebs usually dot mind if you introduce your self if you behave like a normal person . They don't want a gushing teen . But conversation is not of the question if you behave accordingly . My husband is shy around celebs I am not .I try to engage them in conversation and it works out most of the time . My friend Lives in Florida now her husband passed and she moved back to take care of her parents . I really dont care much for Florida . At least the places I visted .
You must have confused me with Mississippi Man. I have never met Slim Whitman. I have exchanged waves with Jack Kennedy, and met George Wallace, Willie Nelson, Bob Hope, and best of all... Morgan Fairchild lol The only part of Florida that I care much about is the lake area in and around Leesburg and the horse country in and around Ocala.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95511 Jan 19, 2014
New info wrote:
All birds is alive and well.
At least this morning, the 7 fat robins outside my kitchen window were alive and well.
David

United States

#95512 Jan 19, 2014
I'am afraid there is too many birds around these parts anyhow.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95513 Jan 19, 2014
It has been a good day starting with seeing the Robins just before going to Church, then to the buffet with warm blackberry cobbler, then Gilligan went on a 3 hour cruise and I went on a 5 hour nap. lol
Nifty Fifty

Winchester, KY

#95515 Jan 19, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>I didnt put the miserable accent marks in--auto correct put them there for me and then when it posted it went crazy with all sorts of gibberish. Lol. Sooo, I just won't use that word anymore . Hah!
We will put it on the black list. Lol
hmmmmm

United States

#95517 Jan 19, 2014
Nifty Fifty wrote:
<quoted text>We will put it on the black list. Lol
Thank you! Lol. Couldn't eat it anyway cos of allergies lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#95518 Jan 19, 2014
@Sweet Charlotte.. I have also sat in the restaurant adjacent to Minnie Pearl but I was more impressed with her bodyguard... A younger brunette lady wearing an open coat 3 piece business suit with a visible shoulder holster and a revolver. I did not think it would be appropriate to engage them in conversation, especially the body guard. LOL
Anne

New Salisbury, IN

#95519 Jan 19, 2014
Better half went to the men's room at a BBQ restaurant and there was a famous NASCAR driver standing in his skivvies, putting on dress clothes to attend a local funeral. They chatted the whole time and when better half returned to the table he exclaimed, "That was quite the pit stop"! Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95521 Jan 20, 2014
Poppy 55 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I did
It is fine, I get confused sometimes too. lol The time I was in a restaurant in Nashville and Minnie Pearl was at the next table with 4 other lady friends and the professional body guard was right after the demise of David Akeman, better known as "StringBean".

I was working in a raised store front window in 1962 when Jack Kennedy's motorcade went by and I waved and he pointed up and directly at me and then waved back. Or at least that is the way I choose to remember, although he might have just been waving at the crowd.

I did not meet George Wallace in person. I was part of a military Honor Guard at a ceremony where he was nearby. Bob Hope and Morgan Fairchild were in a fancy restaurant (not together) where some saleperson was trying to sell my employer some expensive equipment. I remember most about that experience was the view of Morgan and the fact that the fool paid over $800 for 7 of our group to eat and we country folk still did not buy his equipment.and I would just as soon had a bologna sandwich with onion and mustard. LOL
Anne

New Salisbury, IN

#95522 Jan 20, 2014
Heeheehee . When my suster snd BIL took their family to see President Clinton they were standing in the first row along the rope divider. As Clinton walked along his path to the speaking platform he would reach over and shake some of the outreached hands. He shook their 6 year old sons hand, then reached over my sisters head to shake another persons hand--putting his armpit directly over her face...on a hot Alabama summer day!. Heeheehee!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#95523 Jan 20, 2014
Poppy 55 wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry I did
When in the Navy, Mrs. Rosevelt came aboard. I was one of the honor guards at the rail.

Of course we never spoke nor did she even recognize we were there.

When leaving, the news -said she spoke of the sailors as the" cleanest men with the dirtiest mouths."
boom

Shelbyville, IN

#95524 Jan 20, 2014
Last Thursday afternoon I heard a loud unidentified boom in the far western part of the state.
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

#95525 Jan 20, 2014
Finchh wrote:
I think it has something to do with us burning all that coal!!!
What coal is burned to produce electricity produces no more than the coal that was burned to heat homes, run trains, etc. in the past. When I was born, my family had a coal bin in the basement to store coal and burn in the furnace! Best heat- but very dirty.

Coal burning now is mostly a EPA and green money making for the politician! Not for the emissions.

My Happy Place

#95526 Jan 20, 2014
Anne wrote:
Heeheehee . When my suster snd BIL took their family to see President Clinton they were standing in the first row along the rope divider. As Clinton walked along his path to the speaking platform he would reach over and shake some of the outreached hands. He shook their 6 year old sons hand, then reached over my sisters head to shake another persons hand--putting his armpit directly over her face...on a hot Alabama summer day!. Heeheehee!
PU!!! That's a little too up close and personal. LOL!

My Happy Place

#95527 Jan 20, 2014
boom wrote:
Last Thursday afternoon I heard a loud unidentified boom in the far western part of the state.
If you do a search you will find many accounts of these unidentified booms around the country. Very interesting stuff.

My Happy Place

#95529 Jan 20, 2014
A good evening to one and all! What a beautiful and relaxing day today.
Now I'm sitting here waiting to see what the weather will do tonight so I will know how to plan for tomorrow
Little green sprouts of crocus are up in the flower bed a couple of inches. The last two years they were blooming by this time, and does that ever give me spring fever! Right now, I don't expect to see blooms any time soon unless there's a break in all this artic air. And still, thoughts of spring are nagging at me.
tacc aka tloo

Indianapolis, IN

#95530 Jan 20, 2014
I'm scared :, (

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Louisville, A Violent City 9 hr Waste 6
Male / Male Massage Exchange (May '12) 12 hr Richard 15
worst ghetto in Louisville (Dec '10) 16 hr Belle of Louisville 61
Glenview Park Subdivision (Apr '12) 16 hr zoey 15
best schooling for moms 19 hr hwy480 2
James Doolin (Dec '13) 20 hr Bout it 5
News Kentucky state Rep. John Arnold accused of sexu... (Aug '13) 20 hr Embarrassment 5
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]