Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81697 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95157 Dec 31, 2013
My LUCKY New Year's Day meal is missing a couple of ingredients, one includes the luck. LOL Oh well, back to my New Year's Eve party of old Twilight Zone segments.
Anne

Paris, TN

#95158 Dec 31, 2013
Just finished making our New Year's Day meal..the Hoppin John soup and
if I do say so myself, it will be an excellent soup de jour served with piping hot cornbread. We've already finished off a couple bowls each for tasting purposes only. Lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#95160 Dec 31, 2013
Just wanted to pop in and wish all of you a very Happy New Year! I've got a small split of Austi in the fridge and earlier today I made a small plate of different cheeses and fruits. Also have some smoked salmon dip and a cheese ball all ready to snack on later. I think I just might make it till 12:00, haha!!!

Tomorrows dinner is going to be a slow roasted pork roast with home made gravy, fried cabbage and smashed taters, along with the usual New Years Eve pot of black eye peas and hot cornbread made in one of my grandmas cast iron skillets.. I'll have enough leftovers to last for days and still freeze some back for another time.

And God bless you, AW! I was dreading having to channel surf tonight in avoidance of Miss "Hot Mess" Cyrus. New Years Eve has never been the same without Dick Clark. But now I can watch Twilight Zone until the minute the ball drops and I won't have to endure a "Hot Mess"!! Thanks to you, I just found the Twilight marathon on the SyFy channel...This one that just went off, "Time Enough At Last", has always been one of my favorites!!

I also love the episode where the old lady living in a secluded farm house finds the space ship in her home and goes nuts trying to destroy it. That one is called "The Invaders" and JUST happens to come on at 10:30!!! I'm so happy I popped in here!!! I scanned through as soon as I found what channel this was on and low and behold if it wasn't listed!!!

Happy happy happy!!!
And Happy New Year to you all.
God bless!!!
Talk to you all next year!!!
Anne

Paris, TN

#95161 Dec 31, 2013
Sounds like we are all excited about our New Year's Eve!
That smoked salmon dip sounds good!
The upstairs people plan to make some hot chocolate and bring us some.. May pop some corn. She tasted the Hoppin John and declared it mmmmmgood. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95162 Dec 31, 2013
While Twilight Zone was on the tv, I slept though the last couple episodes and woke up in time for one last 2013 potty trip and to wish everyone a Blessed and Happy 2014 which will be here in 6 more minutes. (and then I can make the first 2014 potty trip... what a way to celebrate LOL)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95163 Dec 31, 2013
well there it is,,, HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!!!!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#95164 Dec 31, 2013
I was told many years ago that what you're doing at midnight on New Years Eve is a precursor to what you will be doing for the New Year.

One year I was at a youth function at church and apparently my wristwatch was off by a few minutes. I heard everyone in the community room start and finish the 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, while I was sitting on the toilet peeing......

I've never spent midnight of New Years Eve on the toilet again...

'Nuff said.

Happy 2014 everyone!
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95165 Dec 31, 2013
Lol.

Happy New Year!!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95166 Dec 31, 2013
Happy New Year:) Up fixing hot chocolate and chai spiced tea for the kiddies. Health and happiness to All. Pleasant night!
Anne

Versailles, IN

#95168 Dec 31, 2013
Are we all in the eastern time zone ??
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95169 Dec 31, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll come teach you how to play the dulcimer. We will start with the beginners classic "Boil that cabbage down "
" C O M E O N D O W N ",...as that guy used to say on the boob-tube! That song you mentioned sure reminds me of The Smothers Brothers. They could butcher a kitten and make you laugh at the same time! But..........that does not sound like a good tune for a dulcimer at all. How about "Barbara Allen", would that one due,....I know you can play it.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#95170 Dec 31, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Solution.. get a bike with wheels and get it off the deck and ride it for 55 miles to play the dulcimer. hehehe
No longer can do. Through a stroke six years ago, I lost most of my sense of equal balance and all my sense of depth perception.......... didn't even know I had one of them! But a curb can be a killer, I'll tell ya.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95171 Jan 1, 2014
Anne wrote:
Are we all in the eastern time zone ??
Yes, I am. I saw and interesting program on the History channel not long ago regarding trains and the standardized time zones that were first established to keep track of train schedules that had previously been just a mish-mash of times based on the position of the sun. George Sears (a station worker) bought and sold a bunch of pocket watches to other station operators, then next bought and sold sewing machines to the pioneers that had homesteaded along the tracks. Then next moved to Chicago and started the mail order house with a partner.. Roebuck.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95172 Jan 1, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
No longer can do. Through a stroke six years ago, I lost most of my sense of equal balance and all my sense of depth perception.......... didn't even know I had one of them! But a curb can be a killer, I'll tell ya.
When I went to rehab 5 years ago (heart attack), they had several exercise bikes set up where you could at least ride and watch tv instead of the same old thing. The treadmill was facing into a corner but it had a guage where I could watch my speed and try to increase it every time I went, which was 3 days a week. My favorite machine was the imitation row boat.
Anne

Paris, TN

#95173 Jan 1, 2014
Sears and Roebuck. I sure do miss their catalog! Especially the Christmas Wish catalog! We practically wore that one out looking at it and circling every toy imaginable! Or is it catalogue? My auto correct is accepting both. Lol

Can hardly wait until the topix dulcimer group starts their music! Maybe they will get in enough practice so there can be a big old New Year's Eve party next year. Good times!! Most likely I'll be sitting on the couch watching a little TV -- just like I did last night. Have a wonderful day!!!
Mister

Toledo, OH

#95174 Jan 1, 2014
I feel time is nice.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#95175 Jan 1, 2014
Anne wrote:
Sears and Roebuck. I sure do miss their catalog! Especially the Christmas Wish catalog! We practically wore that one out looking at it and circling every toy imaginable! Or is it catalogue? My auto correct is accepting both. Lol
Can hardly wait until the topix dulcimer group starts their music! Maybe they will get in enough practice so there can be a big old New Year's Eve party next year. Good times!! Most likely I'll be sitting on the couch watching a little TV -- just like I did last night. Have a wonderful day!!!
When I was a little girl using Granny's outside house, it was a choice of dried ol corn cob or blue dye from the Sears and Roebuck. Lol. Being a little girl, that massive catalog's pages was less frightening. Boy, I feel like a hick, but a happy one. Love and happiness whether poor or rich is all that matters. Boy, it's great to have ultra charmin. Lol. I often wonder today: How those men felt? It was certainly different using a corncob pipe- Great granny had one as well-for smoking than other business. Innovation,I reckon.
Anne

Paris, TN

#95177 Jan 1, 2014
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>When I was a little girl using Granny's outside house, it was a choice of dried ol corn cob or blue dye from the Sears and Roebuck. Lol. Being a little girl, that massive catalog's pages was less frightening. Boy, I feel like a hick, but a happy one. Love and happiness whether poor or rich is all that matters. Boy, it's great to have ultra charmin. Lol. I often wonder today: How those men felt? It was certainly different using a corncob pipe- Great granny had one as well-for smoking than other business. Innovation,I reckon.
We were sitting around talking about changes in the last 20 or so years. One change? Toilet paper is all white now. No pink, blue or yellow! My daughter was surprised that tp used to have decorator colors. Lol. But then there used to be red cobs and white cobs. Lol
Kent

Whitesburg, KY

#95178 Jan 1, 2014
I think this might be the year that Pine mnt. blows her lid off setting in for the biggest earthquake east ky has ever seen!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#95179 Jan 1, 2014
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
We were sitting around talking about changes in the last 20 or so years. One change? Toilet paper is all white now. No pink, blue or yellow! My daughter was surprised that tp used to have decorator colors. Lol. But then there used to be red cobs and white cobs. Lol
Yeah, two reds and a white. You used the red one, then the white one, to see if you needed to use the other red one. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
impeach trump and jail him 41 min MasterBrain 87
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 48 min trump is toast 2,902
Powell Ave 1 hr Nerd 6
GOOOO Topix! 2 hr MasterBrain 31
Rand McNally is Nikki Hubbard Jenkins 5 hr dont judge 5
S.G. Priest Realtors is ran by a fraud. 5 hr Good ol boy 1
News Former US Senator Jim Bunning laid to rest 17 hr Kyboy 3

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance