Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81787 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

what

West Liberty, KY

#94739 Dec 9, 2013
I can't believe they're still talking about them birds.
Anne

United States

#94741 Dec 9, 2013
I didnt get to go with Helter Pete and I'm sitting in snow and its cold here.:-(
That heat lamp over the chickens water does work! That was a good idea AW. Thanks.
I'm sitting in front of the TV filling out Christmas cards which is a good thing to do on a cold winters night . The Christmas tree is on and is pretty with its white lights and white crocheted ornaments. The star is the work of my granddaughter--she uses scotch tape to put it on the tree top . Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94742 Dec 9, 2013
I tried watching some of that highly hyped "Bonnie and Clyde" 2 part thing. Factual History could not have been any more distorted if they had portrayed D-Day as a church ice cream social. LOL 30 minutes of a 4 hour program was more than enough.
Anne

United States

#94743 Dec 9, 2013
Bonnie and Clyde would probably be better than TV lands "Everybody Loves Raymond" . But sitcoms come in 30 minute segments and that's my attention span at this time. I did finish the Christmas cards. My most extravagant card?$10! A first for me, but I'm sending it to a friend in China and didnt want to send one that cost $1.00 a dozen --lol--everyone else is getting those . Heeheehee!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94744 Dec 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> screen name was John Wayne. When he got into acting, he wanted his walk to be unique and learned to walk with his heels slightly raised and only the balls of his feet planted on the ground and leaning forward. Not quite tip-toe, but almost.
I, again, read somewhere that John Ford taught him how to walk, how to act, how to talk, how to kiss his female stars, etc. I really do believe that the two liked to drink a lot and cruise on Ford's yacht. If you'll notice, there was this same close knit group that always appeared in Westerns with him.(maybe they liked to tip the glass as well.) And, oh, that red headed Marlene!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94745 Dec 9, 2013
Gotta revert to the other (!) subject now. As I've said previously, I'm diabetic and hate it but I do watch it pretty well. But "SOMEWHERE" I read about how vinegar with the ? mother in it will help a person's sugar. We couldn't find the durn stuff anywhere for the longest time but finally found it this evening at Kroger's. They finally got it in but now I've forgotten the dose quantity, how often and what to mix it with to make it more tolerable. Did I read it on this thread or does anyone have any helpful suggestions and is it bad for the enamel on your teeth? Hit me broad-side!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94746 Dec 9, 2013
Anne wrote:
Bonnie and Clyde would probably be better than TV lands "Everybody Loves Raymond" . But sitcoms come in 30 minute segments and that's my attention span at this time. I did finish the Christmas cards. My most extravagant card?$10! A first for me, but I'm sending it to a friend in China and didnt want to send one that cost $1.00 a dozen --lol--everyone else is getting those . Heeheehee!
I have never watched "Everybody except AW Loves Raymond" nor allowed them to regurgitate "Roseanne" on my plate, and certainly not interested in a marathon of the Brady Snot-wads or for that matter, most any situation comedy. My attention span does not allow for even 30 minutes of that stuff. I quit watching those type programs when Fred Sanford quit giving his ugly sister-in-law "Five Across the Lips" LOL

I also never understood why people that you worked with and complained about for 364 days would mail you a piece of paper on the 365th day only to start back complaining the very next day. It has to be a Postal Service conspiracy. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94747 Dec 9, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I, again, read somewhere that John Ford taught him how to walk, how to act, how to talk, how to kiss his female stars, etc. I really do believe that the two liked to drink a lot and cruise on Ford's yacht. If you'll notice, there was this same close knit group that always appeared in Westerns with him.(maybe they liked to tip the glass as well.) And, oh, that red headed Marlene!
I think Forest Tucker was part of that close knit group and appeared in a majority of his films. Also Ben Johnson appeared in several. But as for the red head, I believe you mean Maurene O'Hara that played the role of Katharine in his role as "McClintock".

After Katharine finds a drunk G.W. McClintock at the bottom of the stairs with Yvonne DeCarlo sitting on his lap..."Now Katharine, are you going to believe what you see or what I tell you"? LOL or after falling down the stairs 3 times "Drago, I am sleeping in the den" LOL

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94748 Dec 9, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>I, again, read somewhere that John Ford taught him how to walk, how to act, how to talk, how to kiss his female stars, etc. I really do believe that the two liked to drink a lot and cruise on Ford's yacht. If you'll notice, there was this same close knit group that always appeared in Westerns with him.(maybe they liked to tip the glass as well.) And, oh, that red headed Marlene!
I use apple cider vinegar with the mothers for many things. I find one of the easiest ways to get the dose in is I make a vinaigrette and eat it on a small salad or some cucumber
Tollesboro Guy

Versailles, KY

#94749 Dec 10, 2013
Miss E Font,
Where did the apple cider vinegar come from? It has been a staple here all summer for weed killer (with other components) flea control ( same thing) and most recently 2 quarts water, 1 quart apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of "Jet Dry" normally for you dishwasher. Works better than Rain X if you wash your windshield with it. Just curious and just sayin'!

Level 1

Location hidden

#94750 Dec 10, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
Miss E Font,
Where did the apple cider vinegar come from? It has been a staple here all summer for weed killer (with other components) flea control ( same thing) and most recently 2 quarts water, 1 quart apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of "Jet Dry" normally for you dishwasher. Works better than Rain X if you wash your windshield with it. Just curious and just sayin'!
Apple cider vinegar has so many great uses. The one with the mothers is a bit more expensive but health benefits are higher. I get mine at Kroger's now but before I had to go to whole foods.
Glad to see I'm not the only one up at 4:12 a.m.
Anne

United States

#94751 Dec 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>I
I also never understood why people that you worked with and complained about for 364 days would mail you a piece of paper on the 365th day only to start back complaining the very next day. It has to be a Postal Service conspiracy. LOL
Thought about my card list and guess what. Not a single co-worker. Just family and friends. I send out about. 65 cards and that is enough. Every year for many years after the Thanksgiving meal was eaten and dishes washed and put away Mom would set out the address box , Christmas cards and ink pens on the dining room table and all us girls would spend an hour of so addressing cards and signing Mom and Dads name. We'd lick and seal the envelope and finally , lick the stamp, stick it on and it was ready for the mail box. Our Thanksgiving tradition! As adults coming home for Thanksgiving another tradition was started and that was we put up the small 3 foot Christmas tree on a table in the corner of the living room. Good memories
Anne

United States

#94752 Dec 10, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
Miss E Font,
Whoa!! For my dishwasher? That may be just what I need! But I'm a little confused as to the mix proportions. Would you repeat that slowly for my slow brain? Thanks
Anne

United States

#94753 Dec 10, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
Miss E Font,
Lol just reread your post. My brain is slow this morning. Lol. Got it now. Sheesh. Phone woke me up earlier than I wanted to wake up. The school superintendent. No school today.

Level 1

Location hidden

#94754 Dec 10, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Whoa!! For my dishwasher? That may be just what I need! But I'm a little confused as to the mix proportions. Would you repeat that slowly for my slow brain? Thanks
I use regular vinegar in my dishwasher. A cup filled with vinegar is placed in the dishwasher on the top shelf. I run it through a full cycle. This loosens up grime and build up, then I sprinkle baking soda in the washer and run it on a short or rinse only cycle, this freshens and removes stains. Works great
brokenhearted

Horse Cave, KY

#94755 Dec 10, 2013
Amen!
Tips

Quezon City, Philippines

#94756 Dec 10, 2013
Dead?

Level 1

Location hidden

#94758 Dec 10, 2013
Tips wrote:
Dead?
No they're not-- they are just resting.
But a flesh wound
A Hatefull Prick

Elizabethtown, KY

#94760 Dec 10, 2013
I heard all the birds were gay
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94761 Dec 10, 2013
Been switching my bedrooms and cleaning in preparation of my newly married grandaughter coming home for Christmas with her new (last year) husband and expanded belly containing a great-grand wolf. I have only seen that grandaughter one time in the last 10 years, so this should be special. Heck, I might even decorate... NAW lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 3-Year-Old Found Dead In Van In Louisville 1 hr Henry 32
Sergio Rodriguez-Lopez 7 hr Larry 30
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 12 hr Good Gangs 9,008
In search of misjudged bully breed companion 19 hr Rachel 1
Bobby/ Robert Delevante- woman chaser 22 hr Rob D 1976 9
Jen hail and Jeff dehut 22 hr Yupp 1
Dollar General claims adjuster 22 hr gety get 2
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) Wed Anonymous 323
More from around the web

Personal Finance