Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81697 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94670 Dec 7, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
I always liked westerns the best. But comedies come in second. I like monty python, liked the old benny hill show, the stooges, stuff like that.
I'm a high python fan! Do you know the average airspeed of an unladen swallow?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94671 Dec 7, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
<quoted text>Ancient Wolf! Ancient Wolf!...Do you see that you are my friend? Do you see that you will always be my friend?
One of my favorite parts of the movie.
mine too, a very touching moment when "Wind in his hair" stands up on that cliff yelling those lines and the sounds echo down through the cold wintry snowy valley and the final scene is that lone wolf howling and outlined against the night time skyline. I suppose they are trying to imply that the wolf is a very sad but surviving "Two Socks".

A large part of the movie was filmed in the Black Hills near Mount Rushmore. I was there a few years ago and they were in the process of converting one of the mountains into a likeness of "Crazy Horse" similar to the Presidential sculptures. I am sure it is finished now and I would like to return to see that also.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94672 Dec 7, 2013
die birds die wrote:
Whoever writes on here is fu##ing stupid f### them birds and y'all
So does that include you? LOL Pot meet kettle.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94673 Dec 7, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
I always liked westerns the best. But comedies come in second. I like monty python, liked the old benny hill show, the stooges, stuff like that.
I agree on the westerns. This cold day should be a good day for "Saddle Up Saturday". Movies that I repeat quite often besides "Dances with Wolves" are John Wayne in "The Cowboys" and his last "The Shootist". The remake of "True Grit" was pitiful without the Duke. My favorite line in "The Cowboys" is when Mr. Nightlinger tells that old hooker madame " I have the inclination and the where-with-all, but quite frankly I just don't have the time" LOL

Level 1

Since: Oct 13

Lexington, KY

#94674 Dec 7, 2013
Come and believe in our Savior

and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

2 Tim 2:8 (NIV) Remember Jesus Christ, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel.

The gospel is a message. It is also referred to in Scripture as a "word", a "doctrine", a "seed", the "good news", "the truth". Because God uses the message of the gospel to reconcile men to himself, it must be taught, heard, understood, believed, confessed and defended.
The Message is That Jesus is The Christ, that He Was Crucified, and Rose Again!

1 Cor 15:1-4 (NIV) Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you have received and on which you have taken your stand. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain. For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

The Message Must Be Taught

Rom 10:14 (NIV) How, then, can they call on one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them?

The Message Must Be Heard

Rom 10:17 (NIV) Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.

The Message Must Be Believed

Heb 4:2 (Phi) For we too have had a gospel preached to us, as those men had. Yet the message proclaimed to them did them no good, because they only heard and did not believe as well.

The Message Must Be Confessed

Rom 10:8-9 (NIV) But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming: That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

The Message Is Foolishness To Some, Good News To Others

1 Cor 1:18,21-23 (NIV) For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God... For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. Jews demand miraculous signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles.

The god of this world has blinded the minds of those who do not believe, and prevents the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, the image of God, from shining on them... For we are looking all the time not at the visible things but at the invisible. The visible things are transitory: it is the invisible things that are permanent.

I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94675 Dec 7, 2013
Lest we forget.. Today is the 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Perhaps I will watch something on that today, maybe the movie.
Anne

Newburgh, IN

#94676 Dec 7, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a high python fan! Do you know the average airspeed of an unladen swallow?
Yes, ma'am, I do. The average speed of an unladen swallow is, in a nutshell, 10 meters per second. Maximum airspeed of the European swallow is 13-14m per second. Can't believe I pulled that out of my foggy old brain.
Anne

Newburgh, IN

#94677 Dec 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Lest we forget.. Today is the 72nd anniversary of Pearl Harbor. Perhaps I will watch something on that today, maybe the movie.
Just read where the events of Pearl Harbor is being slowly forgotten by many people. Thank you for helping us remember.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94678 Dec 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> mine too, a very touching moment when "Wind in his hair" stands up on that cliff yelling those lines and the sounds echo down through the cold wintry snowy valley and the final scene is that lone wolf howling and outlined against the night time skyline. I suppose they are trying to imply that the wolf is a very sad but surviving "Two Socks".
A large part of the movie was filmed in the Black Hills near Mount Rushmore. I was there a few years ago and they were in the process of converting one of the mountains into a likeness of "Crazy Horse" similar to the Presidential sculptures. I am sure it is finished now and I would like to return to see that also.
Sad, but surviving. Cant run the rat race-anymore but still walking around, stumbling into stuff periodically. Weaker but wiser.
Springtime isn't that far off so that's a plus.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94679 Dec 7, 2013
Its good that warriors such as us have met, in this struggle of life, and death. It shall be life, for a time anyways.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94680 Dec 7, 2013
die birds die wrote:
Whoever writes on here is fu##ing stupid f### them birds and y'all
I guess you must have been born and raised in suckytown Ohio, then moved to pleasurevill Kentucky later on.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94681 Dec 7, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a high python fan! Do you know the average airspeed of an unladen swallow?
No but I've told many a silly poster to bug off or I'll taunt them another time.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94682 Dec 7, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
Its good that warriors such as us have met, in this struggle of life, and death. It shall be life, for a time anyways.
From the Outlaw Josie Wales
Helter pete

London, KY

#94683 Dec 7, 2013
Yeah, probably not word for word, I wrote from memory alone and I added the "for a time anyways part."

But still, we had to fight the good fight in our own ways. Did we win or lose? It doesn't really matter at this point.

You find that you have peace of mind and can enjoy yourself, get more sleep, and rest when you know that it was a one hundred percent effort that you gave - win or lose.
-Gordie Howe
Helter pete

London, KY

#94684 Dec 7, 2013
Come on spring! I know its early to be wishing for spring.
I dont care much for wintertime. The misty mountains look bare, leafless and cold.

Most women around here stop shaving their legs long about December and don't start shaving them again until April.
Come on springtime!
Helter pete

London, KY

#94685 Dec 7, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I had cleared my cache so I guess I was signed out, the above was posted by me, Tollesboro Guy. Glad to see everybody tonight. It has become a nice, close knit little group although sometimes "misty" writes so sweet I get tears in these old eyes,,, Merry Christmas just in case but I'll be back before then...
Well you aint winning no beauty contests are you TG? I think I've had better mug shots taken than that! LOL
You're a good feller though, that's what counts.

Level 1

Location hidden

#94686 Dec 7, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
Come on spring! I know its early to be wishing for spring.
I dont care much for wintertime. The misty mountains look bare, leafless and cold.

Most women around here stop shaving their legs long about December and don't start shaving them again until April.
Come on springtime!
That's why I wax year around. I'm a rebel!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94687 Dec 7, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hatfields and McCoys are rebelling on the History Channel but on AMC, Mrs. Hogwaller has R U N N O F T and later today, Pete will turn into a horny toad again and the Soggy Bottom Boys will sing "I am a Man of Constant Sorrow.(Probably because Everett can't get any Dapper Dan Pomade).
kevin

Louisa, KY

#94688 Dec 7, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time for my Brazilian.........

OUCH!

Level 1

Location hidden

#94690 Dec 7, 2013
kevin wrote:
<quoted text>It's time for my Brazilian.........

OUCH!
Chicken! You would cry like a baby. I've waxed for so many years, it's not an issue anymore but in those early years. Ouch!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
does anyone know ronald (ronnie) edward dunn? (Apr '12) 6 hr Ronnie Dunn 2
any women interested in some MMF action? 7 hr Wants to cuck 1
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 7 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,580
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 8 hr Common sense 2,932
new grocery chain in louisville 9 hr sara 1
Facebook Facts 10 hr Re tart Do ris 3
Any Prostitutes in Louisville (Dec '09) 11 hr Student debt 23

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance