Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81699 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94638 Dec 6, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Toots! I'm Helter pete, from the desert. How are the animals? How are the hogs? And how have you been? I was wondering about you just the other day. Hope everything is peaches and cream on your end. heheheheeeeeeee I love it.

People keep saying I'm an ....Imposter?
I'm Helter pete, from the desert. Ye-high Pow pow pow pow ....
Hi Helter Pete,
Your syntax seems familiar, have we met?
Everyone calls me Nanny. Perhaps you need a nanny?
Helter pete

London, KY

#94639 Dec 6, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I'm here! Just sat down about an hour or so ago for some more coffee and thought I'd pop in for a spell. I'm catching up in the threads right now and just got here, LOL!!! It's been quite a while!! Hope everyone has been well!!!
I hope you've been well as.....as well Nope.

Bye for now.

<POOT>
Pecos Bill

London, KY

#94640 Dec 6, 2013
Helter pete you back shootin varmint I thought I had finally caught up with you. And you've done pooted and gone.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94641 Dec 6, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Helter Pete,
Your syntax seems familiar, have we met?
Everyone calls me Nanny. Perhaps you need a nanny?
I'm Helter pete, from the desert. LOL.
I've got a male badger-weasel to chase around all weekend, a self inflicted predicament.... He's a cute one though, mean as a striped snake but we're working on it. I'll try to send you a picture of him sometime this weekend.
Well, it got quiet back there so I know he's up to no good.
Later.
Anne

Newburgh, IN

#94643 Dec 6, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
<quoted text>I have a good source of guano close, the stuff is near miraculous on flowering plants Annie girl.
Annie girl?? Hmmmm. Mighten you be related to my ole buddy, the infamous imposter??
Now this guano, iffen you would, would you tote som of that there stuff over to my house? It would come in right handy for my prized rose bushes. Thank you, thank you very much
Ancient Wolf

East Bernstadt, KY

#94644 Dec 6, 2013
well we saw about 5 minutes of the Griswold's going to Wally World in the Country Squire Ford wagon and that was enough. Dog did not want to see his cousin being drug down the highway or a dead Granny tied on top the wagon. LOL Maybe we can count our toothpicks on this nasty night.
Anne

Newburgh, IN

#94645 Dec 6, 2013
Patsy wrote:
<quoted text>Merry Christmas!!!
"jingle, jingle, jingle"
Merry Christmas!

If you are really in Florida, we, who are in the cold and snow, envy you. Lol I was in northern Pennsylvania and my location kept showing Florida soooo things aren't always as they seem!! Lol
Anne

Newburgh, IN

#94646 Dec 6, 2013
I am filling out Christmas cards on this bitter night so. AW, I will loan you my box of toothpicks to count. Each is mint flavored with a cellophane covering.
Going Batty in Huntsviile

Versailles, KY

#94647 Dec 6, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
<quoted text>I have a good source of guano close, the stuff is near miraculous on flowering plants Annie girl.
Helter Pete,
Yep, I lived in Huntsville 5 different times between 1973 and 1997. Lot's of growth during that time, there used to be no overpasses on the parkway (and it wasn't called the parkway back then)Remember the mall on the corner of University and "the parkway" that had the water fountain? Last time I was there the new mall was going strong, "Books A Million" on the corner now and the fountain sits as a relic out in front. Remember Parkway City Mall down at the corner of Drake and "the parkway"> And in 1974 when what, 13 tornadoes crossed town it tore out the front of that mall? Put Pasquales out of business for a while! When I first got to Redstone Arsenal we were lucky enough to have the original space chimps, Able & Baker at the Space & Rocket Museum. No space shuttle out front yet, the SR-71 Blackbird came along not long after. The moon rock, original Apollo and Gemini capsules? Wow, they were small inside. The special Wernher Von Braun room on the right when you came in? It was pretty cool to a country boy like me. Huntsville is so big now. We used to live down in Laceys' Springs across the river but out boat was in a slip at Ditto Landing. We had a blue Gibson 36' houseboat with a single screw and you had to learn quickly how to berth one of those with a good breeze blowing. Later we had a 25' Sea Ray Express EC they kept in the boathouse and the forklifts never looked big enough to pick up up and sit it in the water but they did a great job. At different times we lived in all four corners of Huntsville until the SE was last before across the river. We had a big log cabin down in Dogwood Valley. Loved it and, 4 minutes to Ditto. We used to lock through the dam most Saturdays then come back through and drink and float all the way back to Ditto. Had to watch for barges!

Well, back to reading posts, I apologize for writing so much but Huntsville is a special place for us. We remember the bats well!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94649 Dec 6, 2013
With all the frigid temps, snow, sleet and tornadoes , a lot of Folks are worried about driving and their power. To those all over stay safe and warm. To Partner in Virginia tonight, I always worry, love and miss you. One day, I hope, you can " visit the shed" like AW does and I can get myself a peek through the window or door. No more long, lonely roads to travel alone instead be at home with your family.
Blessed night to All.May be with you.( Great stories of reminiscing about boats. Anne, your canoe rides across the mist of a lake sound mysterious. In Pennsylvania, why partner traveled through Scranton this a.m.! Safe travels.)
Helter pete

London, KY

#94650 Dec 6, 2013
Going Batty in Huntsviile wrote:
<quoted text>
Helter Pete,
Yep, I lived in Huntsville 5 different times between 1973 and 1997. Lot's of growth during that time, there used to be no overpasses on the parkway (and it wasn't called the parkway back then)Remember the mall on the corner of University and "the parkway" that had the water fountain? Last time I was there the new mall was going strong, "Books A Million" on the corner now and the fountain sits as a relic out in front. Remember Parkway City Mall down at the corner of Drake and "the parkway"> And in 1974 when what, 13 tornadoes crossed town it tore out the front of that mall? Put Pasquales out of business for a while! When I first got to Redstone Arsenal we were lucky enough to have the original space chimps, Able & Baker at the Space & Rocket Museum. No space shuttle out front yet, the SR-71 Blackbird came along not long after. The moon rock, original Apollo and Gemini capsules? Wow, they were small inside. The special Wernher Von Braun room on the right when you came in? It was pretty cool to a country boy like me. Huntsville is so big now. We used to live down in Laceys' Springs across the river but out boat was in a slip at Ditto Landing. We had a blue Gibson 36' houseboat with a single screw and you had to learn quickly how to berth one of those with a good breeze blowing. Later we had a 25' Sea Ray Express EC they kept in the boathouse and the forklifts never looked big enough to pick up up and sit it in the water but they did a great job. At different times we lived in all four corners of Huntsville until the SE was last before across the river. We had a big log cabin down in Dogwood Valley. Loved it and, 4 minutes to Ditto. We used to lock through the dam most Saturdays then come back through and drink and float all the way back to Ditto. Had to watch for barges!
Well, back to reading posts, I apologize for writing so much but Huntsville is a special place for us. We remember the bats well!
It was a different time and seems like a different place too. Way back ...back then. I went down there quite often years ago, working, chasing women, all that stuff. The last time I went- I went to the mall and the mall was gone! LOL
Helter Pete's was a "bad house" back then. I guess its gone now too. It sure lived up to its name they had a killing every weekend or so. Its a wonder I still live and breathe TG.
Anne

Newburgh, IN

#94651 Dec 6, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>I had cleared my cache so I guess I was signed out, the above was posted by me, Tollesboro Guy. Glad to see everybody tonight. It has become a nice, close knit little group although sometimes "misty" writes so sweet I get tears in these old eyes,,, Merry Christmas just in case but I'll be back before then...
Redstone Arsenal. My BIL pastored a small church about 3 or so blocks from there for 20 years. My sis retired from teaching in the huntsville area school system a couple years ago. No wonderful boats though. All I've ever owned is my little aluminum row boat for the little farm pond. It sounds like you've had a wonderful life. Isn't God good!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94652 Dec 6, 2013
Tollesboro Guy, your memories of boat rides remind of a time when land seemed to be less developed. The waterways were clearer as well. Can't get any better can it;) The pleasant memories that linger ever sweetly.
Night to All, peace be with you.
Anne

Newburgh, IN

#94653 Dec 6, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
<quoted text>It was a different time and seems like a different place too. Way back ...back then. I went down there quite often years ago, working, chasing women, all that stuff. The last time I went- I went to the mall and the mall was gone! LOL
Helter Pete's was a "bad house" back then. I guess its gone now too. It sure lived up to its name they had a killing every weekend or so. Its a wonder I still live and breathe TG.
Sooooo, THAT'S where Helter Pete got his name. Lol
Helter pete

London, KY

#94654 Dec 6, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Annie girl?? Hmmmm. Mighten you be related to my ole buddy, the infamous imposter??
Now this guano, iffen you would, would you tote som of that there stuff over to my house? It would come in right handy for my prized rose bushes. Thank you, thank you very much
Imposter? The guy must not be able to spell very well I thought it was Impostor.
Annie girl, I'm Helter pete, from the desert. Just an old wore out cowboy from down around the rio grande. I busted broncs for the rodeo. Fell to my doom, drunk, from the ample bosoms of the Mexican blackbird. The I moved nor east to suffer my lost love, the rest of my days.

Its the phosphorous in the bat droppings that flowers like I reckon.
I have a quarter of a five gallon bucket full out in the shed. I could get you some, all you want, no kidding, but I dont know if you can ship bat crap fedex. LOL The stuff makes tomatoes grow to look like big red mushmelons.
This is the Mexican blackbird by zz top.

hmm

Louisville, KY

#94655 Dec 6, 2013
well
Pecos Bill

London, KY

#94656 Dec 6, 2013
Yeah Helter pete, we know what you flower with the bat poo. That's why you liked old Humpaburn so much.
The whole town gets a dang buzz when you burn all those stems in the fall. You rowdy devil you.
The mayor caught a whiff of than stuff on his way to lunch and ate five hot dogs one right after the other, then grabbed his secretary's left boob and started crowing.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94659 Dec 6, 2013
xtra_xtra wrote:
sad
Have a coke and a smile, get glad.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94660 Dec 6, 2013
qwerty wrote:
well well well well
http://youtu.be/jCHHJdmqAH4
Clockwork orange.:)
Ancient Wolf

East Bernstadt, KY

#94661 Dec 6, 2013
Huntsville no, Decatur yes. Love that Tennesee River going right through the middle of town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Family of man pulled from pond after police foo... 2 min Tough Guy 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch 47 min Common sense 2,057
heroin (Jul '13) 1 hr Chris 8
Who knows lady who was just found murdered? 1 hr Chris 78
News Lawsuit: Middle school student assaulted in caf... 3 hr Politically Incor... 2
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 4 hr Sir Valentine 9,237
Add a Word. Drop a Word........... (Sep '10) 5 hr Sir Valentine 1,602

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages