Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81697 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94579 Dec 4, 2013
B I R D was definitely the word yesterday. I had a big turkey gobbler hanging around just outside my kitchen window. He was struting around being Thankful that he survived Thanksgiving Day. Then later in the evening, I had 5 antlerless deer out there. I am Blessed to live where I can enjoy viewing GOD's critters. Maybe they know or have learned that my place is a safe haven.
Anne

Erlanger, KY

#94580 Dec 4, 2013
Lol. Snowman poop would cost less than the tie or the coffee and besides there'd be leftover marshmallows for many cups of hot chocolate. Lol. That's one silly gift I wouldn't give. Lol.
If I'm asked what I want for Christmas I generally say toilet paper as that's something that'll come in handy! If I were a coffee drinker, then I'd put that on my wish list. Another cute gift is dustpan cookies. Fresh baked cookies placed in a NEW and WASHED dustpan with a poem about baking them just for you, then knocking them on the floor and quickly scooping them up and bringing them to you. Lol. Silly, yes, but its a chuckle and a day brightener.
Sheesh, wish I could sleep...
Anne

Erlanger, KY

#94581 Dec 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
B I R D was definitely the word yesterday. I had a big turkey gobbler hanging around just outside my kitchen window. He was struting around being Thankful that he survived Thanksgiving Day. Then later in the evening, I had 5 antlerless deer out there. I am Blessed to live where I can enjoy viewing GOD's critters. Maybe they know or have learned that my place is a safe haven.
Oh those blamed deer! Eating my fruit tree leaves during the summer! Just about hit one in my own driveway too. But when I was sittin on the dock of my (lake) wastin time, one of those deer walked right down into the water while I sat and watched. Loved it. The flock of turkeys left when the woods were logged:-(
I feel like roaming insomniac tonight
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94584 Dec 5, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh those blamed deer! Eating my fruit tree leaves during the summer! Just about hit one in my own driveway too. But when I was sittin on the dock of my (lake) wastin time, one of those deer walked right down into the water while I sat and watched. Loved it. The flock of turkeys left when the woods were logged:-(
I feel like roaming insomniac tonight
From my perspective, the deer and the fruit trees were both part of some creation scheme and it is not up to me to control which does the best. My cousin refused to raise sweet corn for the past 3 years because the deer and the raccoons eat it. I raise it because they DO.
Aka

Martin, KY

#94585 Dec 5, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
what
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94586 Dec 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> From my perspective, the deer and the fruit trees were both part of some creation scheme and it is not up to me to control which does the best. My cousin refused to raise sweet corn for the past 3 years because the deer and the raccoons eat it. I raise it because they DO.
I don't like to kill insects as well unless the flies get too bad. My daughter prefers I shew it out the door. There are plants that deter some critters though. It is great that you " share" your food with other creatures. You are a blessing to this world indeed! I have always heard of ' killing through kindness' as well. That's for those mean spirited Folks though. Hehehe.Our Family wishes you a happy recovery,AW ( at that time). Partner as well. May you be blessed and have a joyous Holiday with your sons and dog.
Anne

United States

#94588 Dec 5, 2013
Well, I'd share the apples with the deer but I sure wish my trees could grow to the point of having apples. They have only been in the ground for a couple of years and the two that still live look like sticks with a tiny bush on the top.:-(
I've put some tomato cages around my newly planted knockout roses and that seemed to deter the deer somewhat. The deer don't seem to like the large rose bushes so there's hope. Lol Have a great evening everyone!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94589 Dec 5, 2013
Anne wrote:
Well, I'd share the apples with the deer but I sure wish my trees could grow to the point of having apples. They have only been in the ground for a couple of years and the two that still live look like sticks with a tiny bush on the top.:-(
I've put some tomato cages around my newly planted knockout roses and that seemed to deter the deer somewhat. The deer don't seem to like the large rose bushes so there's hope. Lol Have a great evening everyone!!
The deer don't like evergreen or lilac bushes as well. Have you thought of hanging chimes all about? Also, a spray bottle of eggs and water is supposed to keep them away. Haha. They hate rotten eggs ( who does not). Sounds like they are nibbling on those young, tender leaves;)
Nice evening to All as well. Keep trying, Anne. Trees are precarious growers.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94590 Dec 5, 2013
Wow..temperature dropped 17 degrees here in the last 2 hours. I guess the winter storm is on it's way. Time to build a cozy fire.
Sandra

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94591 Dec 5, 2013
Aka wrote:
<quoted text>what
Proverbs 12:1
Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94592 Dec 5, 2013
I kill every fly I can, keep a mean dog to run the deer away, and I plum hate those blamed raccoons.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94593 Dec 5, 2013
Anne
Go find a good bat guano cave, get some and put it around those trees, the high phosphorous will help bring them out of the stunt.
If you have a well, and have a water conditioner or softener, and use that water on plants, you are salting the ground. Salted ground is very bad for growing things.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94594 Dec 5, 2013
A very good evening to you Misty.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94595 Dec 5, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
A very good evening to you Misty.
Stay warm. That rain is coming down hard. I was about to tell Anne to have the men folk pee around her fence. Hehehe.Take care, Imposter.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94596 Dec 5, 2013
This weather requires an umbrella. Where's my Mary Poppins Nanny Umbrella ?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94597 Dec 5, 2013
watching "The Exorcist" lol
Helter pete

London, KY

#94598 Dec 5, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Stay warm. That rain is coming down hard. I was about to tell Anne to have the men folk pee around her fence. Hehehe.Take care, Imposter.
Imposter? I'm Helter pete from..... the desert.
Helter pete

London, KY

#94599 Dec 5, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
This weather requires an umbrella. Where's my Mary Poppins Nanny Umbrella ?
That has to be the Cadillac of all shoes. I like the side panel. Did you get it from qwerty's monkey bars while he wasn't looking?
Helter pete

London, KY

#94600 Dec 5, 2013
See you guys later, I'm Helter pete.... from the desert.
qwerty

Luck, WI

#94601 Dec 5, 2013
Helter pete wrote:
<quoted text>That has to be the Cadillac of all shoes. I like the side panel. Did you get it from qwerty's monkey bars while he wasn't looking?
dangit! another one bites the dust!

I'm gonna have to get better glue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GOOOO Topix! 3 hr trump is toast 78
impeach trump and jail him 3 hr trump is toast 137
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 7 hr trump is toast 2,983
California to Kentucky Travel Ban 12 hr MasterBrain 9
Feed Me On the Couch 15 hr Steven 31
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 18 hr Dont tell her 9,583
KY department of corrections case worker Sun Interested in info 1

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance