Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81693 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94559 Dec 3, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I suppose when I call some locals "Whiners", I ought to change my ID back. LOL
I don't know about ' Whiner' hehehe here, maybe some howling. No, it's a refrigerated Cascadia. Hehe. Prime;) They deliver and pick up in Ky, In. and Oh. a lot. Hope all is well with you and Dog:)
Anne

Versailles, IN

#94560 Dec 3, 2013
Good evening!
Well, Miss E, my personal opinion was that the kids could've gone to school today. They slept till 10 then they had to get up and go with me on my catchup errands. We ended up at Cracker Barrel at 5 with their mom.
Now, AW, I guess I'm not the only one that forgets to go back to my bird thread posting name heeheehee.
Misty, the Cornish hens sound good! I haven't fixed them in ages. You're making my mouth water. Your lovey stays out pretty long. That's a lot of driving and I don't envy him. My better half has lived in Maryland and Rhode Island for a while. Also Kansas, Missouri, West Virginia , and Pennsylvania. Several places in each state All in the last 3 years.*sigh*
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94561 Dec 3, 2013
@ Anne, I believe, I have about rolled with laughter using manly titles. Nothing like your father's son. Thank you,sir. So dang funny when the guys all think you are a man.Lol.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94562 Dec 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know about ' Whiner' hehehe here, maybe some howling. No, it's a refrigerated Cascadia. Hehe. Prime;) They deliver and pick up in Ky, In. and Oh. a lot. Hope all is well with you and Dog:)
We are no longer involved with trucking. The expense of trying to maintain multiple trucks with payments and repairs, the extreme amount of paper work, health issues among drivers, insurance, DOT regulations, and the inability to get drivers willing to put in the time required to be away from home has made my family search for other alternatives to pay for our Beanie Weenies.

I think that all is well with the dog, but I will soon require an overnight medical procedure that is a bit worrisome and precludes getting very excited over the upcoming season. Just getting up each morning without 6 feet of dirt in my face is Blessing enough. Thanks for your good wishes for me and dog and I am sure you are looking forward to partner being home soon. ENJOY!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94563 Dec 4, 2013
http://m.youtube.com/watch...

I wish you well with your ' procedure,' AW. I will enjoy every second with Partner once he's here. Warm, positive thoughts go to you and Dog.Here's a soulful song that really says a lot.
Gorgeous day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94565 Dec 4, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D bgfQ48hWuY&desktop_uri=%2F watch%3Fv%3DDbgfQ48hWuY
I wish you well with your ' procedure,' AW. I will enjoy every second with Partner once he's here. Warm, positive thoughts go to you and Dog.Here's a soulful song that really says a lot.
Gorgeous day!
Allison Krauss is awesome, but we have a teen girl at our church that does it just as well and just honored us with it 2 weeks ago. "O Brother Where Art Thou" was on tv just last night but I had watched it (again) not long ago. I like the scene where they think the vixen women have turned Pete into a horny toad. hahaha My "procedure" is a carotid artery stent. It is a gorgeous day and I need to get out for a restock on chicken feed since a winter storm is supposed to roll through here by Friday.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94566 Dec 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Allison Krauss is awesome, but we have a teen girl at our church that does it just as well and just honored us with it 2 weeks ago. "O Brother Where Art Thou" was on tv just last night but I had watched it (again) not long ago. I like the scene where they think the vixen women have turned Pete into a horny toad. hahaha My "procedure" is a carotid artery stent. It is a gorgeous day and I need to get out for a restock on chicken feed since a winter storm is supposed to roll through here by Friday.
Keeping you in prayer for that procedure. Let me know if you need me to get my nurse costume out and come tend to your needs.
Anne

Erlanger, KY

#94567 Dec 4, 2013
My prayers are with you, AW.
Anne

Erlanger, KY

#94568 Dec 4, 2013
We really enjoy the "oh brother where art thou " movie. It's a keeper that doesn't get donated to the thrift store! The horny toad segment is hilarious!
This grey day had me somewhat depressed but things are on the upward swing. Left a cute token Christmas gift at the neighbors house. I wrapped a two liter bottle of RC and a couple of packets of microwave popcorn with a note:
Pop, Pop.
Fizz, Fizz.
Oh, what great neighbors you is!

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94569 Dec 4, 2013
Anne wrote:
We really enjoy the "oh brother where art thou " movie. It's a keeper that doesn't get donated to the thrift store! The horny toad segment is hilarious!
This grey day had me somewhat depressed but things are on the upward swing. Left a cute token Christmas gift at the neighbors house. I wrapped a two liter bottle of RC and a couple of packets of microwave popcorn with a note:
Pop, Pop.
Fizz, Fizz.
Oh, what great neighbors you is!
That's a great idea !
Helter pete

London, KY

#94571 Dec 4, 2013
Bird is the word.
prayer warrior aaa

Oxford, OH

#94572 Dec 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Allison Krauss is awesome, but we have a teen girl at our church that does it just as well and just honored us with it 2 weeks ago. "O Brother Where Art Thou" was on tv just last night but I had watched it (again) not long ago. I like the scene where they think the vixen women have turned Pete into a horny toad. hahaha My "procedure" is a carotid artery stent. It is a gorgeous day and I need to get out for a restock on chicken feed since a winter storm is supposed to roll through here by Friday.
prayers going up for you. be blessed!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94577 Dec 4, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
All kinds of fun cheap gift ideas at www.budget101.com
From bubble baths to snowman poop to nice things
I think that giving something like a tin or bag of coffee is a much better gift than a chartreuse necktie. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94579 Dec 4, 2013
B I R D was definitely the word yesterday. I had a big turkey gobbler hanging around just outside my kitchen window. He was struting around being Thankful that he survived Thanksgiving Day. Then later in the evening, I had 5 antlerless deer out there. I am Blessed to live where I can enjoy viewing GOD's critters. Maybe they know or have learned that my place is a safe haven.
Anne

Erlanger, KY

#94580 Dec 4, 2013
Lol. Snowman poop would cost less than the tie or the coffee and besides there'd be leftover marshmallows for many cups of hot chocolate. Lol. That's one silly gift I wouldn't give. Lol.
If I'm asked what I want for Christmas I generally say toilet paper as that's something that'll come in handy! If I were a coffee drinker, then I'd put that on my wish list. Another cute gift is dustpan cookies. Fresh baked cookies placed in a NEW and WASHED dustpan with a poem about baking them just for you, then knocking them on the floor and quickly scooping them up and bringing them to you. Lol. Silly, yes, but its a chuckle and a day brightener.
Sheesh, wish I could sleep...
Anne

Erlanger, KY

#94581 Dec 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
B I R D was definitely the word yesterday. I had a big turkey gobbler hanging around just outside my kitchen window. He was struting around being Thankful that he survived Thanksgiving Day. Then later in the evening, I had 5 antlerless deer out there. I am Blessed to live where I can enjoy viewing GOD's critters. Maybe they know or have learned that my place is a safe haven.
Oh those blamed deer! Eating my fruit tree leaves during the summer! Just about hit one in my own driveway too. But when I was sittin on the dock of my (lake) wastin time, one of those deer walked right down into the water while I sat and watched. Loved it. The flock of turkeys left when the woods were logged:-(
I feel like roaming insomniac tonight
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94584 Dec 5, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh those blamed deer! Eating my fruit tree leaves during the summer! Just about hit one in my own driveway too. But when I was sittin on the dock of my (lake) wastin time, one of those deer walked right down into the water while I sat and watched. Loved it. The flock of turkeys left when the woods were logged:-(
I feel like roaming insomniac tonight
From my perspective, the deer and the fruit trees were both part of some creation scheme and it is not up to me to control which does the best. My cousin refused to raise sweet corn for the past 3 years because the deer and the raccoons eat it. I raise it because they DO.
Aka

Martin, KY

#94585 Dec 5, 2013
scary wrote:
New Madrid earthquake getting ready to happen. Look it up.
what
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94586 Dec 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> From my perspective, the deer and the fruit trees were both part of some creation scheme and it is not up to me to control which does the best. My cousin refused to raise sweet corn for the past 3 years because the deer and the raccoons eat it. I raise it because they DO.
I don't like to kill insects as well unless the flies get too bad. My daughter prefers I shew it out the door. There are plants that deter some critters though. It is great that you " share" your food with other creatures. You are a blessing to this world indeed! I have always heard of ' killing through kindness' as well. That's for those mean spirited Folks though. Hehehe.Our Family wishes you a happy recovery,AW ( at that time). Partner as well. May you be blessed and have a joyous Holiday with your sons and dog.
Anne

United States

#94588 Dec 5, 2013
Well, I'd share the apples with the deer but I sure wish my trees could grow to the point of having apples. They have only been in the ground for a couple of years and the two that still live look like sticks with a tiny bush on the top.:-(
I've put some tomato cages around my newly planted knockout roses and that seemed to deter the deer somewhat. The deer don't seem to like the large rose bushes so there's hope. Lol Have a great evening everyone!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 1 hr scotty steiner 4,200
News Kentucky Could Become The Only State Without A ... 1 hr scotty steiner 169
Christy Lee 6 hr Asking 4
Boobie from Park Hill 9 hr Abdul Alla 3
Walter Ross of Pendleton Kentucky is a closet q... 15 hr Believe 11
club x (Jul '13) 17 hr Oops 9
7th street and Hill (Dec '07) 20 hr Millie Collins 130

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance