Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94408 Nov 29, 2013
I SEE said the blind carpenter as he picked up his hammer and saw. Actually, I can. My son brought me a bigger flat screen HD monitor to replace the bulky small print thing that took up so much space on my desk and gave me a headache from having to lean forward to see the thing. I could never use one of those tiny Iphones. YAY!!!!!!!...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94409 Nov 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>His name is Roger Bartholomew Right (they call him Roger B Right). They met up months ago, spent three days together right of the bat, night and day, and after a period of great soreness for three more days they decided they were in love. He had two black eyes and a busted nose but also a smile on his face. My little sugar peaches AB found the one she was looking for...woe is me. LOl
Mea Culpa. I thought she said Roberts, Bartholomew or Bartholomew Roberts better known as "Black Bart". Now we will see who has to walk the plank LOL After all he did pirate her away from the Imposter. Maybe Jolly Roger was just a nickname.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94410 Nov 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Mea Culpa. I thought she said Roberts, Bartholomew or Bartholomew Roberts better known as "Black Bart". Now we will see who has to walk the plank LOL After all he did pirate her away from the Imposter. Maybe Jolly Roger was just a nickname.
To the victor, goes the spoils!
Imposter

East Bernstadt, KY

#94412 Nov 29, 2013
I invested in a better screen myself not long ago. Remember when I was trying to invent internet sun- glasses to reduce the screen glare? This one isn't big at all but its a flat screen too, and easily adjustable to reduce screen glare. I haven't had a computer screen headache since I got it.
My retirement fund (change jar) is a little light now though.
My old monitor must have been a lot like your old one, it looked like a little caramel colored television set from the sixties without the rabbit ears and weighed twenty pounds at least. You should take that old one and donate it to the starvation army Wolf.
Imposter

East Bernstadt, KY

#94413 Nov 29, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
To the victor, goes the spoils!
Yep and two black eyes and a busted mouth too. LOL
She was a wild one when she got riled up.
I bet she'd beat a man in the face the whole time Hahahahahaha aaahahahaa Man Oh man I hope she reads this.
Imposter

East Bernstadt, KY

#94415 Nov 29, 2013
qwerty your slacking again man, gues I'll have to do the daily hor-a-scope again....

A spiritual bird experience or profoundly emotional bird encounter has the power to touch your bird deeply today and put you in a very contemplative bird mood. You'll enjoy feeling that you're bird is connecting with something outside yourself (finally thank goodness), and it will put an entirely different perspective on your bird today. However, it will be difficult to come back down to earth, so be careful if you're involved in a property deal because someone could take advantage of your high-minded bird. LMAO
Imposter

East Bernstadt, KY

#94416 Nov 29, 2013
Cat came in with a bird in his mouth this morning, I feed the big fat thing so much I dont see how he moved his fat cat butt fast enough to catch the poor thing. You try to put out cornbread for the little things... and a big fat cat kills them, I cant help but think its my fault. Stupid mean old cat. He's on the crap list now, no cold turkey for him today! I have half a mind to take him down and feed him to Wolf's dog.
Anne

United States

#94417 Nov 29, 2013
Well! Good for you AW! I'm glad you will be able to see the monitor ! That's certainly a thanksgiving blessing!!
Anne

United States

#94418 Nov 29, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Cat came in with a bird in his mouth this morning, I feed the big fat thing so much I dont see how he moved his fat cat butt fast enough to catch the poor thing. You try to put out cornbread for the little things... and a big fat cat kills them, I cant help but think its my fault. Stupid mean old cat. He's on the crap list now, no cold turkey for him today! I have half a mind to take him down and feed him to Wolf's dog.

First thought was Food Chain! That's life!! But when I lost a chicken to my sisters dog ....well, I didn't think so highly of that "food chain"! Lol

What do you threaders know about the Hari Krishna's? Did I spell that right? We drove by their Palace of Gold earlier today but didnt go on a tour. The pics on the brochures are beautiful and the landscaping is quite beautiful, especially in the spring. This palace is in the Appalachian foothills and access roads are narrow with dozens of switchbacks. The locals we asked had never been there.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94419 Nov 29, 2013
Anne, I have seen videos of their temple in West Virginia. My 16 year old loves the stories of Vishnu and wants to visit that temple. This much I do know: it is a peaceful religion. The Vedas and the Bagda Veda speak of fallen angels. Another perception of God in such a purer light. Of course, my teenager has been the one to be an avid reader of Indian / Hindu lifestyles, beliefs and history. I am not as enlightened. Their stories are so complex and lengthy like Homer's works which I enjoy to this day.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94420 Nov 29, 2013
Spelling correction: Bhagavad gita, sorry.
just wondering

United States

#94421 Nov 29, 2013
Wow
Imposter

East Bernstadt, KY

#94422 Nov 29, 2013
I have a copy of that text along a few other Hindu writings and a good deal of writings from other religions too, some dead some still alive. Its kind of spooky when you make the connection and realize how similar these text are, even though they came from different parts of the world and some were first written in a time where collaboration between the writers was impossible. The BG struck me as more or less a way to encourage people to blindly serve the ruler in power at any given time.
The man was having doubts about a battle, seeing friends and even relatives fighting on the other side. Vishnu came to his chariot and straightened him out so to speak, telling him that he as a man could not actually kill his enemy because Vishnu had started all life with the absolute promise of death, so he in fact had already killed them. Get out there and do your King's bidding even if it is to kill others was more or less Vishnu's message in the first part of the text. Eh buddy-
it was and is a very good religion if controlling impoverished masses is your aim. How far from that are the rest of the worlds religions? Not a godless heathen here, but not deaf dumb and blind either. To separate one's self completely from worldly desires is to achieve enlightenment? But it can also be achieved through drugs? Sex? Eh buddy.
Haa and I had a good little talk about some things like that recently.

A wise man's words of gold often go unheeded due to the holes in the blanket he is wrapped in.
Yep

Cadiz, KY

#94423 Nov 29, 2013
Right is right and good is good, no matter the language, color, or orientation.
Imposter

East Bernstadt, KY

#94424 Nov 29, 2013
@ Wolfman LOL (AB use to call you that when you guys argued) I hope you know Dish has a free encore weekend going on, marshal Dillon is on right now, on encore western.

For those of you that don't know its not Gunsmoke but marshal Dillon, the old black and white flicker show.
A real man's western LOl He's probably already watching it, if he isn't indisposed at the moment... "entertaining." Hehehe
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94425 Nov 29, 2013
I agree, Impostor. It is important for children to correlate between fact and fiction. To me the more they read, research and understand the different religions and/ or myths, they will understand what enlightment is. It is not brainwashing, moral beliefs of another. I don't believe in hellfire and damnation neither do I judge nor view myself as a ' saved' human . So few words and exact perception as I . Are not all gods angry?
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94426 Nov 29, 2013
Some of the heavier reading, I do believe, lies in Zachariah Sitchen's works. Uncanny and interesting research there.
Good evening to All;)
Anne

United States

#94427 Nov 29, 2013
@Misty & Imposter
Thanks for the input! It is a curiosity for sure. The gurukula (school) we drove by had lots of serious problems several years ago. I'm aware they are not the only ones with such problems. It does seem these sorts of problems comes along when there is one who is in position of total power.
One crazy terrible example would be in Guyana. That dude had been a young (19) minister in a small church in Indianapolis which my relatives attended and even invited out to the country for a time of fellowship
Yep

Cadiz, KY

#94428 Nov 29, 2013
Good to see great discussions not hammering and insults. Love to be educated, even if one doesn't necessarily agree with what is said. Gives hope...
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94429 Nov 29, 2013
Yep wrote:
Good to see great discussions not hammering and insults. Love to be educated, even if one doesn't necessarily agree with what is said. Gives hope...
Before I make my departure, it is because of fine Folks like you that humanity exists. Thank you;)There are older and wiser peeps on here than me. I take their words like gems and run. Hehe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sarah ANNANICE Reece 9 hr Mekalyn 1
Trump for President, He will win. watch 11 hr Scotty Steiner 1,917
Record Murder Rate 12 hr Politically Incor... 6
Slumlord of Lou,Ky (Jun '09) 19 hr John 60
Roofy on fourth street Mon Bud 7
anybody know AMANDA PERKINS (Sep '11) Mon Mandy5858 15
Sarah reece Mon Mekalyn 4

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance