Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81676 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94382 Nov 27, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I got one! I got one!! I got a sign that says "Due to the high price of ammo, there will be no warning shot".
or,....as Chuck Connors says and has a sign on his house say'n....

"WE DON'T CALL 911"
Anne

United States

#94383 Nov 27, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
or,....as Chuck Connors says and has a sign on his house say'n....
"WE DON'T CALL 911"
WHOO HOO ! YOU GOT THAT RIGHT!

Besides, it takes the sheriffs dept 20-
30 minutes to get to my house!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94384 Nov 27, 2013
KyBrownEyes wrote:
Evening good people!
It is a shame Mississippi Man that you are too far away to come for supper and some good music strumming with coffee and pie for desert! You have an invitation to do just that if ya make it up to my neck of the woods.
Sure do appreciate the invite but I have no idea where your "neck of the woods is." Surely not Florida.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94385 Nov 27, 2013
qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
I guarantee one thing, if they get hit with a 22, it will alter their motivation.
Ya know, I'll have to agree. If, for some strange reason, someone is about to shoot at me, the last thing I'll worry about is what caliber he aiming at me with..(the first thing is....can I beat him!")
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94386 Nov 27, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Ralph Stanley made this nostalgic wonder popular in the bluegrass genre. One of my favorites is "Rank Stranger."
You made mention of the "Doctor." Have you heard the original with his brother, Girl Of The Greenbriar? Somewhat spooky but has a very snappy, foot tapp'n beat.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94387 Nov 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The first song I learned on a guitar (can't any more due to fingers) was Ernest Tubb's "I'm Moving On".
"IF" I may interject (?), Wolf, don't you mean Hank Snow? That was his song.

I've got to thank you so much for the last two verses of If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again. I have no idea where I got the other words from but for so long I just repeated the first two verses after the chorus and lead guitar. I always knew there had to be more to that song. Thank you, thank you!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94388 Nov 27, 2013
@ Anne......why did it take me so long to notice??? What is it with "Hillsboro, Ill.?" My old home town is Gillespie, Ill., about 18 miles from there. Small world, huh?
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94389 Nov 27, 2013
The best of wishes to everyone on Thanksgiving Day. May it be peaceful and pleasant.
And Wolf, don't forget,......dog gets the ham bone!
Anyone of ya all ever heard or remember Hank's "A Teardrop On A Rose?" What a tear-jerker, I mean!
(now,......I'm all done.)
Anne

United States

#94390 Nov 27, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne......why did it take me so long to notice??? What is it with "Hillsboro, Ill.?" My old home town is Gillespie, Ill., about 18 miles from there. Small world, huh?
Lol, Mississippi Man, I have no earthly idea where Hillsboro, Illinois is. Never heard of it or of Gillespie. Lol I'm sitting in Wheeling WV but this iPhone has abandoned the usual United States location. A couple months ago it was using a city in Florida but I was 1500 miles from there. So there you are! I will check out your old home town on the map to see where it is lol. Anyway , here's to you and a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94391 Nov 28, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
"IF" I may interject (?), Wolf, don't you mean Hank Snow? That was his song.
I've got to thank you so much for the last two verses of If I Could Hear My Mother Pray Again. I have no idea where I got the other words from but for so long I just repeated the first two verses after the chorus and lead guitar. I always knew there had to be more to that song. Thank you, thank you!
Yeah, it was Hank Snow's song, but Ernest Tubb also did it as well as "I'm wlaking the Floor Over you" which was probably the 2nd song I learned along with Hank Williams "Your Cheating Heart".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94392 Nov 28, 2013
I am Thankful that I am not homeless at 17 degree temperatures and my cottage is warm and cozy and my wood burning stove has a stack of oak firewood on the hearth right next to it and that last summer I built and filled a small storage shed for more firewood right outside my back door.

and what I am even more Thankful for is that GOD has blessed me to still be able to take care of things without much help. Many people do not make it to this age and still keep going.

And what I consume today is really irrelevant. I have coffee and I did not even have to break the ice on the rain barrel for the water and I don't have to climb the hill to the outhouse like my parents and ancestors did and I don't have to keep a thunder mug under my bed to trip over. LOL Life is good. GOD is GREAT!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#94393 Nov 28, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>
You made mention of the "Doctor." Have you heard the original with his brother, Girl Of The Greenbriar? Somewhat spooky but has a very snappy, foot tapp'n beat.
Don't recall that song.However, my Irish Grandpa would play " Pretty Polly" on his banjo. Sound came so deep from his throat like Mr. Stanley;) My granny shared the name. I'll have to find the one you mentioned.
Kentucky

Greensburg, PA

#94395 Nov 28, 2013
Psalm 24-1
The earth is the Lord's, and the fulness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.

Hope everyone has a joyous Thanksgiving. I'll count my blessings today and pray to continue all the rest of my days.

"Come Harvest Time" A lovely rendition recorded by Glenn Campbell.
Imposter

London, KY

#94396 Nov 28, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
@ Imposter, hehehe. Killer lyrics huh. That man sure had a bluesy voice. Ahhh, I am faithfully waiting on my man. Wish you luck on getting a fine woman. Hehe.
Calling it a night. Happy Thanks Giving to All:)
Oh Misty, I know baby. You're a one man woman and that's just fine. If I really wanted a full time romance I'd have one. You're man will be home soon and he'll be glad, you'll be glad, everybody happy!

The smells from the kitchen are driving me mad! Three women are in there, each trying to out-cook the others. LOL I tried to slip in and steal a bite of something just now, and got ran out of my own kitchen!

Happy Thanksgiving all, thank the good lord for another fine one.
Stuffed

Cadiz, KY

#94399 Nov 28, 2013
I wish I had been run out after my first plate. Miserable!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94400 Nov 28, 2013
It has been a most peaceful (Thankful) day at the homestead. Dog and I watched the 1943 version of "Lassie Come Home". He wanted to see what a male dog masquerading as a female dog looked like and I wanted to see what an 11 year old Elizabeth Taylor looked like. LOL We got our fill of that and then went and watched Have Gun, Will Travel and followed that with a nap.
Yep

Cadiz, KY

#94401 Nov 28, 2013
Too much bird, oysters, dressing, etc... Now Godfather III and good bourbon. Nice...
Anne

United States

#94402 Nov 28, 2013
Happy Thanksgiving! A wonderful day to rejoice in all the wonderful gifts we've been blessed with!!
Yep

Cadiz, KY

#94403 Nov 28, 2013
And find blessings even in dark times. There is always light if you look and allow yourself to find it.
Sam the Sham

Stanford, KY

#94404 Nov 29, 2013
What happened to AB? I've not been on here for along time and miss her post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iron Order MC. and The Outlaws MC. (Jan '10) 33 min Tyrone 73
Sam Moseley 33 min Yeah 1
Male / Male Massage Exchange (May '12) 35 min rebel soldier 20
News Mother claims two boys whose bodies were found ... 1 hr Smh 9
I'm up for any girl tonight! 2 hr Desiree P Maples 6
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 5 hr Chetto 346
Mall St Matthews Riots 7 hr JCK 487
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages