Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,772

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94219 Nov 22, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Plasticology ---(LLC)TM R (all rights reserved)- hasn't yet invented a strong enough fabric for old Imposter my dear. I contacted them years ago in reference to as much actually. They keep sending me ....testing material, and I send them back... all to pieces. A whole team is investigation why the mouths turn from O to ).
Bazzaaawww!
I'm thinking one of those 1980 German Swim team women could stand the test

Level 1

Location hidden

#94220 Nov 22, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Today, I have been revisiting the same events that kept me glued to the televison 50 years ago and after 3 months of deliberation over "Ask Not What Your Country Can Do For YOU"; my life changed forever.
A charismatic President---
I think he was very instrumental in reaching the young voter that had felt unheard in the past.
kevin

Louisa, KY

#94221 Nov 22, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Anne, I did hear from a friend of a friend's hairdressers third cousin twice removed a little bit of information about Imposter and a blow-up doll. Not to spread tales or anything.
They're not as good as the real thing, but they do have that surprised look on their faces.
Tollesboro Guy

Versailles, KY

#94222 Nov 22, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
A hillbilly went hunting one day, in West Virginia, and bagged three ducks. He put them in the bed of his pickup truck and was about to drive home where he was confronted by an ornery game warden who didn’t like hillbillies. The game warden ordered the hillbilly to show his hunting license, and the hillbilly pulled out a valid West Virginia hunting license.
The game warden looked at the license, then reached over and picked up one of the ducks, sniffed its butt, and said,“This duck ain’t from West Virginia.! This is a Kentucky duck! You got a Kentucky huntin’ license, boy?”
The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced a Kentucky hunting license.
The game warden looked at it, then reached over and grabbed the second duck, sniffed its butt, and said,“This ain’t no Kentucky duck! This here duck’s from Tennessee! You got a Tennessee license?”
The hillbilly reached into his wallet and produced an Tennessee license.
The warden then reached over and picked up the third duck, sniffed its butt, and said, "This here ain’t no Tennessee duck! This here duck’s from Virginia! You got a Virginia. huntin’ license?”
Again, the hillbilly reached into his wallet and brought out a Virginia. hunting license.
The game warden was extremely frustrated, at this point, and he yelled at the hillbilly,“Just where the hell are you from, boy?!
“The hillbilly turned around, bent over, dropped his pants, and said,“You tell me, asshole, you’re the expert!!”
Weird,I thought that was going to funnier, it was a great setup.I know it is only a joke but maybe I am missing something...:-)
Solver

Trezevant, TN

#94226 Nov 22, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
A charismatic President---
I think he was very instrumental in reaching the young voter that had felt unheard in the past.
Now we have a record number of people asking/demanding what their country can/better do for them.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94227 Nov 23, 2013
One more thing about music,(no,..two) I can't handle rap or zydico!! But "back in the days" I guess I played in most of the joints/clubs in Memphis with anything from Hank Williams to Little Richard. But not so long ago I accidentally stumbled on American Indian Relaxation/Peaceful music. I'll tell ya, the sound of their pan flutes and mystic background music/voices is so very LAID-BACK! I've got about 20 of their sounds saved on my favorites list on this thing......just click and lay back. Hey Anne, you'd like this while stretched out in your back yard at night with the galaxy overhead.
Dexter

Trezevant, TN

#94228 Nov 23, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>If one considers God atemporal then the question becomes: is he merely aware of what has, is and will happen or a determining factor in such? Was Earth set in motion and left to spin out on its own, or does it need another spin every so often?
If free will is our downfall? Why do we have it? He had to know some would chose to fall, chose to kill, steal, inflict suffering on others. Why?
The man with leukemia lived a near perfect life, helped others, loved his neighbor, worked hard, why was he struck down at 40 unwed and childless?
The point of considering these things is indeed poot.
It hurts my head to think about things like that too much Nanny.
The sun is out, the birds still hanging around are chirping, I think I'll go hiking this evening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =PLiMy4NaSKcXX
I know it's hard to dee the good die young while the worthless seem to out live everyone,(especially the town drunk. I lost a good freind to lung cancer in his 30's. It cut me to my soul. Meanwhile the most corrupt and crooked carpet-baggers live to be 80 years old. The bible tells ud that God Maketh the rain to fall EQUALLY both on the heads of the good AND the evil.

Today, it seems that the rains of misfoutune fall only upon the heads of the good, while the evil bask in the sunshine continually.

One possible answer is that we may be angels being tested after Lucifer's origional sin against God. What that sin was remains a mystery.

However, we are left asking, "Where does the rain actually fall.

As you can tell, I'm struggling to hang onto any faith at all.

Level 1

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#94229 Nov 23, 2013
Mississippi Man wrote:
One more thing about music,(no,..two) I can't handle rap or zydico!! But "back in the days" I guess I played in most of the joints/clubs in Memphis with anything from Hank Williams to Little Richard. But not so long ago I accidentally stumbled on American Indian Relaxation/Peaceful music. I'll tell ya, the sound of their pan flutes and mystic background music/voices is so very LAID-BACK! I've got about 20 of their sounds saved on my favorites list on this thing......just click and lay back. Hey Anne, you'd like this while stretched out in your back yard at night with the galaxy overhead.
The beautiful haunting sounds of the pan flute...a person could just float away with that! I think Id turn the volume to where I could barely hear it, as if the sound were coming to me from another camp, snuggle into the blankets under millions of stars or under a bright moon illuminating the hillside and water.
It would be wonderful to be able play music like you. I can play two things: the radio and my nose- I can either pick it or blow it.
Good Morning everyone
Anne

United States

#94230 Nov 23, 2013
You're so right , Mississippi Man, about 2 things. Rap music?:-(
And the Indian relaxation pan flute music.:-)
In my mind I can hear the pan flute wafting through the mountains. How pleasant!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94231 Nov 23, 2013
Dexter wrote:
<quoted text>
I know it's hard to dee the good die young while the worthless seem to out live everyone,(especially the town drunk. I lost a good freind to lung cancer in his 30's. It cut me to my soul. Meanwhile the most corrupt and crooked carpet-baggers live to be 80 years old. The bible tells ud that God Maketh the rain to fall EQUALLY both on the heads of the good AND the evil.
Today, it seems that the rains of misfoutune fall only upon the heads of the good, while the evil bask in the sunshine continually.
One possible answer is that we may be angels being tested after Lucifer's origional sin against God. What that sin was remains a mystery.
However, we are left asking, "Where does the rain actually fall.
As you can tell, I'm struggling to hang onto any faith at all.
Suggest the following old song written by an itenerant preacher in 1911 who had spent all his money to board a train to go bring the Gospel to the Indian Nations. He would have preferred to stay home with his wife that was giving birth to their first child. While aboard the train, he was having a "pity party" as to why the bad people sometimes did as well or better than the good and would the Indians even understand him or care and was it just a waste of effort. A fellow passenger saw what he had written and gave him $2 for the lyrics and some years later his son published the lyrics along with accompanying music and it has become an old Gospel Standard even recorded by Elvis and many others.

"Tempted and tried, we are oft made to wonder. Why it should be thus all the day long? While there are others, living about us. Never molested, though in the wrong.

Farther Along, we will know all about it. Farther Along, we will understand why. Cheer up my Brother, live in the sunshine. We'll understand it, all by and by".
Whatever

West Liberty, KY

#94232 Nov 23, 2013
Where did you see that birds were found dead in western Kentucky? I'm not finding that story anywhere.
Then

Greenville, KY

#94233 Nov 23, 2013
Think it was a while back down in far west ky
Bobby

Livingston, TN

#94235 Nov 23, 2013
It was a long time ago, cant believe this post is still up
Whoa

Greenville, KY

#94236 Nov 23, 2013
Solver wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we have a record number of people asking/demanding what their country can/better do for them.
That is an unfortunate growing trend.
Tollesboro Guy

Versailles, KY

#94237 Nov 23, 2013
Bobby wrote:
It was a long time ago, cant believe this post is still up
Well "Bobby" Get Over It. We use it for local and "semi-local" news and knowledge from the wise one,,,AW!
Anne

United States

#94238 Nov 23, 2013
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Well "Bobby" Get Over It. We use it for local and "semi-local" news and knowledge from the wise one,,,AW!

You got that right!! Lol a bit if this and a bit of that. A good mix! Then all that knowledge we have had the opportunity to read from our own AW.

Level 1

Location hidden

#94239 Nov 23, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>You got that right!! Lol a bit if this and a bit of that. A good mix! Then all that knowledge we have had the opportunity to read from our own AW.
Reading this thread is like a mystery grab bag. It could be history, gardening, aches and pains or the advantages to owning a blow-up doll, but it's always entertaining !
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94240 Nov 24, 2013
WIT2 wrote:
<quoted text>
The beautiful haunting sounds of the pan flute...a person could just float away with that! I think Id turn the volume to where I could barely hear it, as if the sound were coming to me from another camp, snuggle into the blankets under millions of stars or under a bright moon illuminating the hillside and water.
It would be wonderful to be able play music like you. I can play two things: the radio and my nose- I can either pick it or blow it.
Good Morning everyone
Hey now,....your first line right above describes the sound of this music a lot better than I did, thank you WIT2. About playing music, my desire has settled down to a mild roar. It seemed like around about midnight I'd reach a natural high. If we didn't do one more, I'd lose it. But if we did do one more, I'd lose it anyway. No way to win so I just backed off and play here at the ole casa with several others once in a while. "Quote": Don't think twice, it's alright."
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#94241 Nov 24, 2013
@ WIT2.........you know.....whichever gender you are, after reading your post five or six times something ran right across my grave! It is so sentimental, emotional, sensual, warm.........ever thought of writing a song?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94243 Nov 24, 2013
I forgot to turn the light on over the chicken waterer last night, so I suppose they have ice for breakfast. I will make amends with some warm water and some green beans for a treat to garnish their scratch grains. Then come get dressed and go to church and maybe the chickens will learn how to forgive also.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What happened to Johnny Masters? 57 min lol 2
Families file lawsuit against East End Bridge c... 4 hr robaldwinll 1
Shar-Pei Puppies (Jan '10) 13 hr The best option 13
Why is Kentucky stuck in the nineteenth century? (Mar '12) 13 hr True American Pay... 95
Should wwe be banned (Nov '11) 13 hr Paul Heyman 17
Man charged after allegedly exposing himself to... (Jan '11) 14 hr Urnuts 20
He's fine 22 hr Jimmy 15
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST