Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81766 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#93238 Oct 2, 2013
A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the engine of a Harley Davidson motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop. The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So, Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, fix 'em, put 'em back in, and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running!"

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#93239 Oct 2, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
A mechanic was removing a cylinder head from the engine of a Harley Davidson motorcycle when he spotted a well-known heart surgeon in his shop. The mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey, Doc, can I ask you a question?"

The surgeon a bit surprised, walked over to the mechanic working on the motorcycle.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So, Doc, look at this engine. I open its heart, take the valves out, fix 'em, put 'em back in, and when I finish, it works just like new. So how come I get such a small salary and you get the really big bucks, when you and I are doing basically the same work?"

The surgeon paused, smiled and leaned over, and whispered to the mechanic, "Try doing it with the engine running!"
Good one---

Level 1

Location hidden

#93240 Oct 2, 2013
I listen to Radio Classics on my satellite radio at lunch--- today was a great episode of Hawk Larabee.
Bucket

Glasgow, KY

#93241 Oct 2, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one---
Funny
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93242 Oct 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
During my IT career, I traveled quite a bit to install hardware and software but never stayed in any one place long enough to maintain an apartment. But also being a country bumpkin, I found that a pickup truck with a cab-over camper fit my needs better that dragging my junk in and out of motel rooms or trying to make last minute reservations.
With IT, one just rarely knew when or how long they would be someplace. When it worked, you might be ready to move on, but if not you might have to stay another day. I suppose that is why I did not get frustrated over the last 3 days of my ISP problems. I can indentify with that poor fool out there trying to fix things with everyone jumping up and down and anxious for the repairs.
I have a question if you don't mind answering: Partner would like to get off the road ASAP what kind of educational start would you recommend in getting an IT job? Thank you sure appreciate any comments.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93243 Oct 2, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I have a question if you don't mind answering: Partner would like to get off the road ASAP what kind of educational start would you recommend in getting an IT job? Thank you sure appreciate any comments.
I have not been in IT for 3 years and with the ever changing technology, it would be difficult for me to give any valid directions as to today's work force requirements. But an Associates degree might (emphasize might) be a good place to start.

I personally came up through the ranks as a software developer and primarily picked up the hardware aspect through the school of hard knocks.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93244 Oct 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not been in IT for 3 years and with the ever changing technology, it would be difficult for me to give any valid directions as to today's work force requirements. But an Associates degree might (emphasize might) be a good place to start.
I personally came up through the ranks as a software developer and primarily picked up the hardware aspect through the school of hard knocks.
Thanks so much. We appreciate your remarks. He has been studying the different programming languages on his own and is a big fan of Ubuntu/ Linux operating system. Thank you, So, you were involved in software development. Great;) Have a terrific evening. It's a nice one.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93245 Oct 2, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks so much. We appreciate your remarks. He has been studying the different programming languages on his own and is a big fan of Ubuntu/ Linux operating system. Thank you, So, you were involved in software development. Great;) Have a terrific evening. It's a nice one.
It was nice. but just now started raining fairly hard. Fortunately, I had already closed the chickens up for the night. So let it come, we can use it.
Careers in IT

Lexington, KY

#93246 Oct 2, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks so much. We appreciate your remarks. He has been studying the different programming languages on his own and is a big fan of Ubuntu/ Linux operating system. Thank you, So, you were involved in software development. Great;) Have a terrific evening. It's a nice one.
Misty,

Tell your son the Ubuntu/Linux IS the future of computing. Look for a wave of anti Microsoft emotion in the market plus, Windows is proprietary, regardless of their market share. Tell him to learn a little about Storage Attached Networks (SAN) and he'll do very well!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93247 Oct 2, 2013
Anyone see "Snake Salvation" last night on National Geographic? Those people are pure fanatics.

Just finished watching the true story of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#93248 Oct 2, 2013
Thanks, Partner is learning about Apache right now.We are hoping that while driving OTR he can get some courses behind him and hopefully work with a company that will be flexible. He sure wants an IT career so badly. Spent too much time away from the 10 yr. old as is, 7 years in that industry has worn him to a frazzle. Thanks again;) He's so big on open source...

Level 1

Location hidden

#93249 Oct 2, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Anyone see "Snake Salvation" last night on National Geographic? Those people are pure fanatics.

Just finished watching the true story of Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow.
I watched it--- the younger preacher doesn't have a job and draws food stamps. If he has the faith to trust God to protect him from venom, but doesn't trust God to put food on the table?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93250 Oct 2, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I watched it--- the younger preacher doesn't have a job and draws food stamps. If he has the faith to trust God to protect him from venom, but doesn't trust God to put food on the table?
Exactly. Ignorant fanatics... As for Bonnie and Clyde, it said Clyde was able to elude the police due to his use of the latest developments in automobiles and weapons, having a preference for the FORD V8 and Browning Automatics. Ford was much more advanced with the powerful V8 engines that predated Chevrolet by over 20 years.

It said there largely were only local law enforcement who supplied their own weapons (generally pistols) and vehicles that were quite often old farm trucks held together with wire and had limited skill sets in enforcing the law and just took the job due the Depression Era. Clyde would drive as much as 500 miles a night in the Fords and that was almost hard to imagine due to the roads back then.

Much of that program was based on memoirs of Blanche Barrow (Buck's wife) and their life on the run was not nearly as glamorous as portrayed by Hollywood with Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty and most of their life was spent in the back seat of the Fords. I found that program most interesting.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#93253 Oct 3, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one---
Thank you, ma'am! I'm glad you enjoyed it! Have a wonderful day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93256 Oct 3, 2013
Gee, no one except Big Stevie posting since I was on here almost 24 hours ago???

Level 1

Location hidden

#93257 Oct 4, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Gee, no one except Big Stevie posting since I was on here almost 24 hours ago???
Sorry Wolf
Was a busy Thursday. Maybe the rain headed our way later in the weekend will drive everyone to their computers
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#93258 Oct 4, 2013
I suppose it is not just my ISP that has been irregular. LOL
kim

United States

#93259 Oct 4, 2013
Mm
Anne

Silver Spring, MD

#93260 Oct 4, 2013
Been rather crazy with my ISP and this iPhone . Sometimes it simply won't . So something's going on. Local library is having a Great book sale and I bought about 15 books. Nothing in depth. Just cook books. Oh, oh, for one of the cook books Senator barrack Obama wrote the forward. Anyway just cookbooks and some light pleasure reading. Much is waiting so later...
Anne

Silver Spring, MD

#93261 Oct 4, 2013
Anne wrote:
Been rather crazy with my ISP and this iPhone . Sometimes it simply won't . So something's going on. Local library is having a Great book sale and I bought about 15 books. Nothing in depth. Just cook books. Oh, oh, for one of the cook books Senator barrack Obama wrote the forward. Anyway just cookbooks and some light pleasure reading. Much is waiting so later...
MUCH?? MUCH? How about LUNCH! Lol. It's just a McDonald's #1 meal. It's crowded in here so I'm sitting in the kids play area listening to the dog song
B. I. N. G. O. Was his name,oh! Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Joseph Gerth the nefarious "Dahmer" of Louis... 9 hr Politically incor... 8
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 10 hr Sandy06 8,016
Louisville university/ups 16 hr father 9
Yall I'm comin out the closet! (Jan '13) 17 hr lol 44
door to door meat sales (Jan '13) 21 hr Matt 146
Met a Guy on Line 22 hr Abshsh 3
nada divine 23 hr now what 2
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE