Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81697 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92963 Sep 20, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!

Anyone out there seen the pilot for "Sleepy Hollow"? It came on after something else I was watching. Scratching my head over this one. Don't think I'm gonna get hooked on it.. I've not watched this much t.v. in 199 years, ROFLMBO!!
I've not seen it. I'm debating if I want to watch the new one "blacklist"
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92964 Sep 20, 2013
Waiting up for the news to see if there have been any arrests in that Danville robbery and triple murder case. I worry about that 9 year old kid that had to call 911 when he saw his parents killed and took his 14 month old baby sister into the office and covered her up. That scene will be with him for the rest of his ife. Poor kid.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92965 Sep 20, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Waiting up for the news to see if there have been any arrests in that Danville robbery and triple murder case. I worry about that 9 year old kid that had to call 911 when he saw his parents killed and took his 14 month old baby sister into the office and covered her up. That scene will be with him for the rest of his ife. Poor kid.
I agree. Such a cruel and senseless act. I watched the 10 o'clock news and they had nothing new.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92966 Sep 20, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Such a cruel and senseless act. I watched the 10 o'clock news and they had nothing new.
Still nothing new. No arrests.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92967 Sep 20, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've always been more attracted to a man with a beard. Always have been. Long hair too, the longer the better. Guess I'm still a 60's kind of girl at heart, LOL! As long as it's kept clean, let it grow!
Then you probably would have liked Union General Ambrose Burnside for which General Burside Island State Park just south of Somerset is named for. He had a mutton chop beard so large that is where the term "sideburns" originated. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92968 Sep 21, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
I've always been more attracted to a man with a beard. Always have been. Long hair too, the longer the better. Guess I'm still a 60's kind of girl at heart, LOL! As long as it's kept clean, let it grow!
Perhaps Military background, but I can't stand for the hair on the back of my neck to rub my collar.It is just easier to take care of too when it is cut short. I cut my own hair and have for over 20 years.

Pouring rain big time.
Anne

United States

#92969 Sep 21, 2013
Bleh! It's raining here too. I drove 11 hours yesterday from bowling green ky and landed up in rain. The kind of rain that promises to last for a day. just got into bed last night and a bus load of college hockey players pulled in. Thankfully they actually settled down pretty quick!

Wow! This thread has really moved! F.A.R.T. Etc. LOL. Y'all get an "A" in creative writing! Lol

Got a kick out if the burnsides/sideburns story. Reminded me of when my better half sat in the barbers chair and was deep in thought about his construction project. He roused himself enough to give his preference ---"Could you trim my 2x4's?"

Better get up and hit the road as there's 300 miles to go.
I know

Tiffin, OH

#92970 Sep 21, 2013
Our own Government is using Biochemical or Germ Warfare against its citizens! It is used for population control. If you have been having weird things going on with your skin, vision problems, hearing problems and serious health problems then you probably have been infected! Do you find a lot of 'CRUMBS' in your bed even though you don't eat in it. Just assume it is from your animals. YOU HAVE BEEN INFECTED! I have more but few will believe the truth I am putting out here!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92971 Sep 21, 2013
I know wrote:
Our own Government is using Biochemical or Germ Warfare against its citizens! It is used for population control. If you have been having weird things going on with your skin, vision problems, hearing problems and serious health problems then you probably have been infected! Do you find a lot of 'CRUMBS' in your bed even though you don't eat in it. Just assume it is from your animals. YOU HAVE BEEN INFECTED! I have more but few will believe the truth I am putting out here!
No, I don't believe what you posted at all. Most of the ailments you posted have to do with the aging processes that have existed since Adam and Eve and the 'crumbs" in my bed are the result of dead skin cells that replenish themselves constantly and is why I do my laundry. LOL Over the years, I have also had a couple of crumbs in my bed that I made them get up and go home.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#92972 Sep 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>No, I don't believe what you posted at all. Most of the ailments you posted have to do with the aging processes that have existed since Adam and Eve and the 'crumbs" in my bed are the result of dead skin cells that replenish themselves constantly and is why I do my laundry. LOL Over the years, I have also had a couple of crumbs in my bed that I made them get up and go home.
I thought the symptoms sounded like the disclaimer on the Viagra commercials "if you experience loss of hearing, vision ..... "
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92973 Sep 21, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought the symptoms sounded like the disclaimer on the Viagra commercials "if you experience loss of hearing, vision ..... "
Yep, sure does. And if I got an erection that lasted longer than 4 hours, I would not call my doctor but would call the television station and the newspaper. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92974 Sep 21, 2013
Anne wrote:
Got a kick out if the burnsides/sideburns story. Reminded me of when my better half sat in the barbers chair and was deep in thought about his construction project. He roused himself enough to give his preference ---"Could you trim my 2x4's?"
Better get up and hit the road as there's 300 miles to go.
Yes, Ambrose Burnside was quite possibly the most inept Senior Officer in the Union Army. But he was easy going and well liked even by Lincoln. When Lincoln got irritated with George McClellan's cautiousness and political ambitions (he did run for President and lost), he fired McClellan and put Burnside in command of the Army of the Potomac. Burnside said he did not think he qualified and it proved to be true, and just a short time later Lincoln gave the position back to McClellan.
Anne

United States

#92975 Sep 21, 2013
"...a few crumbs in the bed..."
Yep.we understand that one !
Just sittin here waiting for them to get the wrecked semi cleared up. Hope no one was hurt. It's going to be a long long wet day. In fact I just shut off the car .
Met an interesting fellow traveler this am at breakfast. He played pro basketball in Ireland for about 3 years and now teaches business courses at university. He told that McDonald's had a mcsalmon sandwich in Ireland that was pretty good. And like Germany, McDonald's supplied tiny wooden forks with which to eat French fries.
Rain, rain, go away....
I know

Tiffin, OH

#92976 Sep 21, 2013
If 35 is aging then you got me. When I say 'crumbs' I am referring to granules that are clear, tan, amber and black. More like crystals. I am also not referring to casual losses of senses but significant disruptive changes. You can make fun all you want but Morgellons is real and I know where it came from.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92977 Sep 21, 2013
U.S. Grant (having failed at most everything he undertook before the war) was placed in Command of the Army of the west and William Tecumseh Sherman commanded the "Army of the Tennessee" under Grant.

Prior to the war, Sherman (from Ohio) had tried his hand at banking and failed, tried his hand at lawyering and lost his only case, and then became the superintendenat of Louisiana Military Academy (now LSU) and turned down an officer position with the Confederacy to become a Colonel of the 13th U.S. Infantry and saw action at Bull Run and others.

So here we have two Union officers that failed at Civilian life to become renowned at war. When Lincoln gave Grant the overall command of all Union forces, Sherman was moved up to take Grant's former position and his famed March across Georgia (and contrary to what some Southerner's believe even still) to break the will of the South was not necessarily his own doing (although he received the notoriety), but was just following the general directions and blessings given to him by Grant and Lincoln. It was Sherman that first coined the phrase "War is Hell".

After Lee surrendered to Grant, Joe Johnston surrendered to Sherman that effectively ended the war in the east, but the entire war was not over until Kirby Smith commander of the Confederate Trans-Mississipi surrendered to Edward Canby.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92979 Sep 21, 2013
I know wrote:
If 35 is aging then you got me. When I say 'crumbs' I am referring to granules that are clear, tan, amber and black. More like crystals. I am also not referring to casual losses of senses but significant disruptive changes. You can make fun all you want but Morgellons is real and I know where it came from.
Yes. 35 is aging or declining and it is when many athletes start going "over the hill". Their "peak" is almost over. It is a time when one begins to realize that their life is about 1/2 over and they start concerning themselves with just who or what might do them. Paranoia? Perhaps and I even worried about death back then too and every little change in my body became a concern over cancers and such.

But when one approaches almost twice that age, they realize that a lot of their past fears were needless and the only thing that matters anymore is to enjoy life to the fullest, respect for the Creations, and what GOD has given them. No, I no longer worry about death and just hope I pass Peacefully.

I have never had clear, tan, amber, or black crystals in my bed. Although, during my own "peak", I often wondered what it would be like to have someone in my bed named "Amber" or "Crystal" and even entertained crossing the racial barriers. But those thoughts are long gone along with any paranoia. I do not think you know at all yet.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#92981 Sep 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Waiting up for the news to see if there have been any arrests in that Danville robbery and triple murder case. I worry about that 9 year old kid that had to call 911 when he saw his parents killed and took his 14 month old baby sister into the office and covered her up. That scene will be with him for the rest of his ife. Poor kid.
I heard about that just yesterday, and it made me ill. What in God's green earth is happening with all this senseless violence. I feel so sad for that little boy and his baby sister. Was there any motive, or just random violence?
Imposter

Manchester, KY

#92982 Sep 21, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>

I have never had clear, tan, amber, or black crystals in my bed. Although, during my own "peak", I often wondered what it would be like to have someone in my bed named "Amber" or "Crystal" and even entertained crossing the racial barriers. But those thoughts are long gone along with any paranoia. I do not think you know at all yet.
LMAO! I got a case of the jungle fever once and it turned out fine for a long spell. LOL I fit in so well with my darker colored friends, they allow me to use the term with impunity now.

Man Oh man I needed a good laugh right then too!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#92984 Sep 21, 2013
I just got the strangest message from "the moderators" I posted a response to qwerty's little rhyme, as above, and got admonished for posting offensive material. LOL, What the heck is next. The political correctness patrol is out of control.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#92985 Sep 21, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard about that just yesterday, and it made me ill. What in God's green earth is happening with all this senseless violence. I feel so sad for that little boy and his baby sister. Was there any motive, or just random violence?
Suspected robbery, but not known for certain.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 50 min Phoenix97 3,070
Sack chasers 1 hr Scooby the dooby 2
God bless president Trump (Apr '16) 3 hr Master Brain 47
Where can I find Bi Lesbian and Gay people? (Mar '11) 10 hr Discussed 72
Trixie's Club Question (Jan '13) 13 hr Anon 38
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 23 hr -Prince- 9,660
Graffiti In The Higlands/Bardstown Road Area (Jan '08) Fri dontcaretoshare 94

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages