Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,875)

Showing posts 77,481 - 77,500 of81,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
I'm a burnette. Alas, don't get to experience half the fun as a redhead. Poot. Now, my Scottish temper reigns supreme.
I'm one of those blondes...! Can't say I'm a "dumb blonde" though. Lol. Since I'm thirty-one years old (with 30 years experience) I can be rather dangerous ... Heeheehee. Whoo hoo!

Between you, me and Miss E, we could write a clever joke; a red head, a brunette and a blonde walked into this bar. The bartender said:.....lol
OR : a brunette and a blonde saw this redhead sitting on a park bench. The blonde said.....! Lol
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Way off on the spelling earlier.Hehehe. Brunette not burnette. I was burning some oil off a pan earlier. Rainy day here. Overall a nice, but sleepy day.
Bambi

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't they use Canaries in Coal Mines. o_<' wink wink

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
Way off on the spelling earlier.Hehehe. Brunette not burnette. I was burning some oil off a pan earlier. Rainy day here. Overall a nice, but sleepy day.
Rainy day here too. We had the pioneer festival and I went and walked around in between rain.
When I was in high school I wanted to be blonde and tanned. But was stuck with red hair and very fair skinned with a splatter of freckles on my nose and shoulders. Hated it. Acceptance of ourselves inside and out comes with age, I think.
The blonde walked into a bar. The redhead laughed as she ducked under
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Lol. Ain't cha just quick with that joke?

I used to hate my old fashioned name, but over the years I've come to really like the name my parents gave me. Like you said, acceptance of ourselves!!!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

No rain here until about 3 hours ago and then it came all at once with some high winds and even knocked out my tv signal, but not my nap. LOL

I have been tall since teen years, but really skinny and people would say that if I wore a red neck tie that I would be mistaken for a thermomter. So my acceptance of myself came at about age 35 when I gained about 70 pounds and crested over 200 and quit being a temperature guage. LOl
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Here we sit. This is the day chosen to have the July 4th fireworks that was cancelled because of rain . We are all wearing jackets and covered with blankets because the rain cooled things down, way down. There's still some lightening and some sprinkles but they've pulled The fireworks out of the barn . 20 minutes of fantastic fireworks!! Here we go!!!!!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Here we sit. This is the day chosen to have the July 4th fireworks that was cancelled because of rain . We are all wearing jackets and covered with blankets because the rain cooled things down, way down. There's still some lightening and some sprinkles but they've pulled The fireworks out of the barn . 20 minutes of fantastic fireworks!! Here we go!!!!!
Sounds like my last date:
Waiting, anticipation, 20 minutes of fantastic fireworks. Lol
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine just fizzled out and did not even put on a good show. LOL
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

AW and Miss E!! LOL You two are nut cases!! LOL. Luv it!!

Oh, before the fireworks my cousin and I did some mattress surfing. Before your mind goes in the gutter, this involves a 4 wheeler with a rope attached to the hitch and to an old mattress. As they say, it's all fun till someone gets hurt. Cousin got the breath knocked out of her when She tumbled off the mattress on a particularly sharp curve. Oops.
Fireworks were great! Rain started back up as the last one was shot! Grabbed my chair and covers and headed for the car. Great evening!
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Mine just fizzled out and did not even put on a good show. LOL
Ahahaha

I hate it when that happens.
Sometimes the old stick of dynamite turns out to be a durned dud. A man thinks he has the fuse lit good and then it just goes kaput instead of KABOOM...
We have to be satisfied remembering all the demolition in the past I guess.
My 34 year old brunet, on again off again .... little philly, just dont understand that. She left happy tonight though.
:) I'm happy too.
Una would have said: AH yes, you have sinned again old pal.
You better go pay pastor fat wallet Sunday morning.
Where was it you had to go again? Ah yes...The First Church of Discount Sin.
I'll pull up to the drive through window and get the $99.95 90 day salvation package. That's a whole lot of salvation folks...for $99.95.
I can see old pastor fat wallet go SOP to the pocket with that money now.
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You're doing pretty good, mine has to settle for fumble, fumble, fumble, ooops sorry how did that happen?. Then later maybe five minuets of cheap sparklers...or three... or two. LOL
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Misty eyed wrote:
@ Imposter, hehehe I wish a woman your way.Lol. May she take you on a midnight stroll to the honey well. I know, it is naughty but sounds like you need one. Hehehe.
Fine day to All.I would like to visit Florence and Venice one day maybe the Scottish Highlands. There are so many gorgeous places and such poignant and fascinating history.
Misty I always had a weakness for brunettes, and blonds, and raven haired women, but especially those meek and mild (yeah right) red headed women. MissE has been killing me with that red hair and those red pumps and those green eyes, and I would just bet a dark tan to go with all of that...MMM MMM MMM Man oh man.
I think I might have to call my little philly and convince her to come back again tomorrow night.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>You're doing pretty good, mine has to settle for fumble, fumble, fumble, ooops sorry how did that happen?. Then later maybe five minuets of cheap sparklers...or three... or two. LOL
lol
It's just good we can all laugh about it.
Thanks for the Una flashback. It made me smile---
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>

When Sherman marched through Georgia, he did not destroy Savannah but his troops tore up an old cemetary opening the crypts and staying in them out of the weather, knocked over and rearranged some of the stones. There is a midnight candle-light tour through that cemetary.
You know I have half a mind to go sign up for a civil war history class through adult education down in town. I know that's just a fancy name for old folks classes but I think it would be interesting. I might check into that next week.
I took one long ago but the professor seemed to have no interest in the subject at all. Back then I wondered why he even taught it. The whole class consisted of turning in the review questions at the end of each chapter each week and that was it. He would always dismiss what was supposed to be a 90 min class after 20 mins or so. No real lectures to speak of, no papers, nothing!
I have held that against him for a lot of years. That was a good forum, wasted.
Imposter

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
It's just good we can all laugh about it.
Thanks for the Una flashback. It made me smile---
I have a sneaking feeling that he is somewhere smiling too. If there was ever a man that believed in the Savior, it was TUF. He had to be some kind of geniouse wheather it was formaly recognized or not.
XD
I am tuckered out missE, A very goodnight to you, may your dreams be of sweet things in plenty.

I bet old Wolf knows where the slang term "tuckered out" came from.
Probably some lazy guy by the name of tucker got it started. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I have a sneaking feeling that he is somewhere smiling too. If there was ever a man that believed in the Savior, it was TUF. He had to be some kind of geniouse wheather it was formaly recognized or not.
XD
I am tuckered out missE, A very goodnight to you, may your dreams be of sweet things in plenty.
I bet old Wolf knows where the slang term "tuckered out" came from.
Probably some lazy guy by the name of tucker got it started. LOL
He did know much about the Scriptures, more so than most people including me. Many people considered his sarcastic humor as blasphemy against GOD. But I did not consider it to be such at all but more directed toward those people that considered religous dogmas to just be big business or misdirected fanaticism. I agreed with that.

My understanding of "tuckered out", is just a derivative of "tuck" meaning to fold and straigten and put things away to be used later such as tucking in your bed copvers. So being tuckered out means you just don't have the energy for doing anything more at the moment other that putting things away in preparation for later use.(Old Willy for example lol)

It stormed here most all night with heavy thunder rocking the old Homestead and keeping me and the dog awake, but not frightened. You folks have a good day and I trust all are safe. We had a couple guys struck by lightening and killed a few days ago while hanging tobacco in a barn. Some others were injured.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

Confederate Capt. Adam "StovePipe" Johnson of Henderson Kentucky needed some weapons. So he attacked Newburgh, Indiana with 2 "cannons" one being a blackened log and the other being a piece of stovepipe. The Yankees gave up their muskets without a fight.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

My disdain for television ministries (and possibly Una's) along with the story of Stovepipe Johnson's Civil War hoax, reminds me of one of my favorite classic movies. Sinclair Lewis 1927 story portrayed in the 1960 film by Burt Lancaster as "Elmer Gantry". Good Day folks, time for me to get ready for "The Little Brown Church in the Wildwood" that is not so little anymore and no longer brown.
chillrider

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2013

It has something to do with all the alien activities north of town

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,481 - 77,500 of81,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance