Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,872)

Showing posts 77,421 - 77,440 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Since I didn't set down and shut up here's the other dumb story.
Monthly meeting of the thong club. 6 members showed. Met at a pizza house in the next county. Our meetings always involve a meal. One member (not me) told her doctor that she leaked a little when she coughed. Doc gave her an instructional pamphlet on Kegel exercises. She proudly announced to our little group "and, hey,they worked!" With that announcement our little group kinds laughed and snickered. Her sister (not me) spoke up with " all right everybody! Lets do our Kegel exercises! 1, 2, 3. Now!" With that said she dramatically clinched up and made her eyes bulge. we were ROTFLOBO!!!

That's what happens when you eat too much pizza, I guess you had to be there..... sigh....
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Civil War tidbit.. Union General William (nicknamed "Bull" due to his stature) Nelson, a Kentuckian (Nelson County and Camp Nelson in Jessamne County bears his name) lost the Battle of Richmond Kentucky and 2000 Union soldiers were held prisoner on the Madison County Courthouse lawn. Later, when blaming that loss on a subordinate (Jefferson C. Davis and not the Confederate President) he was mortally shot in the Galt House in Louisville.
I found an article about that, maybe it'll unwind me enough to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight.

Sam and I went out for a little "stroll" and you know what? The charge nurse accused me of bringing Sam back "reeking" of alcohol!
Maybe they should have built their little facility farther away from the VFW? The'll probably ban me this time.
Old nurse Cratchet the hatchet face (Director of nursing) will be very concerned when she hears about it in the morning.
That Nazi b/tch. Oh well, we had fun for an hour or two anyway.

That's not her real name but man she looks and acts just like that nurse on one flew over the cuckoo's nest. Face like a buffalo.
They made a mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me. Almost made me loose my religion. Next time (if there is one) I think I'll get him a good beer buzz on and then buy him a hooker too. Dagnabiit all to hadees if they dont like it phooey on em. A man needs a little fun every now and then.
Baaaa what a mess. Too tall's done it again.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Great !
I have a few "pictures" that I've lost among my stuff. I chuckle to myself
When I think of my kids finding them years from now and their jaws dropping open. I don't even look for them anymore, the thought of the shock is too funny!
Yup. Can you imagine them silently passing them around , raising their eyebrows and not saying a word till they all have seen them? Then! Bam! Hey, Mom! You gave them something to talk about!!! Lol

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I found an article about that, maybe it'll unwind me enough to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight.

Sam and I went out for a little "stroll" and you know what? The charge nurse accused me of bringing Sam back "reeking" of alcohol!
Maybe they should have built their little facility farther away from the VFW? The'll probably ban me this time.
Old nurse Cratchet the hatchet face (Director of nursing) will be very concerned when she hears about it in the morning.

That's not her real name but man she looks and acts just like that nurse on one flew over the cuckoo's nest. Face like a buffalo.
They made a mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me. Almost made me loose my religion. Next time (if there is one) I think I'll get him a good beer buzz on and then buy him a hooker too. Dagnabiit all to hadees if they dont like it phooey on em. A man needs a little fun every now and then.
I bet your friend isn't complaining. I hope if the day comes I'm in a nursing home, I have a friend that slips me out for strawberry daiquiri and Chippendale strippers! Whoo hoo!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Since I didn't set down and shut up here's the other dumb story.
Monthly meeting of the thong club. 6 members showed. Met at a pizza house in the next county. Our meetings always involve a meal. One member (not me) told her doctor that she leaked a little when she coughed. Doc gave her an instructional pamphlet on Kegel exercises. She proudly announced to our little group "and, hey,they worked!" With that announcement our little group kinds laughed and snickered. Her sister (not me) spoke up with " all right everybody! Lets do our Kegel exercises! 1, 2, 3. Now!" With that said she dramatically clinched up and made her eyes bulge. we were ROTFLOBO!!!

That's what happens when you eat too much pizza, I guess you had to be there..... sigh....
Yup-- we go from maxi pads to depends. Everything in between is the fun parts
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

I think I'll take a dang nerve pill. Its a wonder I didn't knock over some furniture in there or something.

I'm going to get a hooker and a couple of millers in there now for sure if I have to go that rout, by hooker or crooker. I doubt if he can do much with her anyhow, but I bet he'll have a good old time trying.
Let em see Saturday night how it goes when you rile me up. He's going to have a niece visit him.......I'll tech em to mess with me.
Yep I got a buzz anybody wanna fight about it? LOLOOOOOOO too tall the tree top lover is back baby!
Hehehehe Down goes the xanax- first one in months.
Goodnight.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I found an article about that, maybe it'll unwind me enough to go to sleep at a decent hour tonight.
Wow! What a night you had! Beat the heck outta mine. Saw a hooker on the corner last night. Tall thin, legs up to there. Swinging around the lamp post. She was struttin' around quite lively when I stopped at the light. My car windows are tinted pretty dark so she didnt know if I was a girl or guy..
Maybe it didnt matter .. Lol

(Hope you don't get kicked out)

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
I think I'll take a dang nerve pill. Its a wonder I didn't knock over some furniture in there or something.

I'm going to get a hooker and a couple of millers in there now for sure if I have to go that rout, by hooker or crooker. I doubt if he can do much with her anyhow, but I bet he'll have a good old time trying.
Let em see Saturday night how it goes when you rile me up. He's going to have a niece visit him.......I'll tech em to mess with me.
Yep I got a buzz anybody wanna fight about it? LOLOOOOOOO too tall the tree top lover is back baby!
Hehehehe Down goes the xanax- first one in months.
Goodnight.
Night dear

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
<quoted text>Wow! What a night you had! Beat the heck outta mine. Saw a hooker on the corner last night. Tall thin, legs up to there. Swinging around the lamp post. She was struttin' around quite lively when I stopped at the light. My car windows are tinted pretty dark so she didnt know if I was a girl or guy..
Maybe it didnt matter .. Lol

(Hope you don't get kicked out)
Winchester use to have a bench downtown. They took it out because the hookers would sit there. So now our poor working girls of ill-repute
Have to stand around. No respect for the oldest profession.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

Martinsburg W Va. Downtown In front of the public library. Nice grassy area with benches. Very pleasant. Gives you an uncomfortable feeling when you take your kids past the decked out ladies to go to story hour . Police station is down the street a few blocks, across from xxx business.
Wonder is its still that way? A little crazy
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
My guess is that the charge nurse was just putting on a show so that the Director would not climb her arse when she heard about it (just CYA), but in reality was glad that old Sam might get a good night's rest. I would not worry about it but just go on and do your thing. I quit worrying about what other people thought a long time ago. I got the royal treatment over wheeling old Ernie out to the garden area for a smoke. So what did I do? The next time, we just lit up in the TV room and they were glad we went outside. LOL The fact is, that when you get that old it really makes no difference if you have a little brew, chew, or a smoke. What's all that going do anyways? Kill you? And if you and old Sam can get into the VFW, it seems to me that you two have already paid your dues. Cheers!!!

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

A man and a woman, who have never met before, find themselves in the same sleeping carriage of a train. After the initial embarrassment, they both manage to get to sleep; the woman on the top bunk, the man on the lower.

In the middle of the night the woman leans over and says, "I'm sorry to bother you, but I'm awfully cold and I was wondering if you could possibly pass me another blanket?"

The man leans out and with a glint in his eye said "I've got a better idea ... let's pretend we're married."

"Why not," giggles the woman.

"Good," he replies. "Get your own damned blanket!"
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

@ Wolf I am a lifetime "honorary" member at the club, I never served but Sam did. I made a pure as out of myself last night I only hope that Sam doesn't have to pay for my mistake in any way. He was one of the ones that sponsored me years and years ago.
I feel the same as you do about what other people think of me, in that- I care not a whit.
We only had a couple of brews a piece. We had fun...I dont see the big deal... so they can bite me. I'll go over to the home later and get a damage report.
Ancient Wolf

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
@ Wolf I am a lifetime "honorary" member at the club, I never served but Sam did. I made a pure as out of myself last night I only hope that Sam doesn't have to pay for my mistake in any way. He was one of the ones that sponsored me years and years ago.
I feel the same as you do about what other people think of me, in that- I care not a whit.
We only had a couple of brews a piece. We had fun...I dont see the big deal... so they can bite me. I'll go over to the home later and get a damage report.
I know what you mean, your only concern is that you don't want Old Sam having to pay for any damage but he is probably enjoying the opportunity to get out and even if there is any damage he had a good moment and the ends justify the means.

I visited again a couple weeks ago and talked with some old guy I never knew before. He was glad I came and he said the worst part of being in there was not being able to work in his garden or mow his grass. They had helped him piddle with a few tomatoes out behind the building and he was very proud of those and wanted me to go look out the window. I bragged on his little tomatoes which were about the same size as my own.(mine did not do very well at all this year).

Then I went on to a birthday party for some old gal that I did not know her or her family either and had just turned 103 years old. She was all smiles when I told her I always had a fondness for older women and especially those wearing pretty pink outfits. Too often relatives stick their elders in places like that and while the staff does the best they can, they rarely get what they really need which is someone just showing that they really care about them. She made sure that I got the biggest piece of cake even though her hands were shaking almost too much to even slide it over toward me.

Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

It flabbergasts me that the elders or any convalescent patient is required to go without alcoholic beverages and sexual gratification. Is that not living? Geez, I had a Worker tell one time of chasing an older lady off a paraplegic patient. I'm like if there's no harm done what was the problem. Those places take away basic rights from Folks. They often get admonished for self gratifiction and then wonder why patients have to take nerve pills and psychotic meds.
@ Imposter, good for you for standing up to the croney phoney business. The man is alive to enjoy the rest of his days not have his hands slapped like a child. Yeah, reward him real good the next time;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Anne wrote:
Martinsburg W Va. Downtown In front of the public library. Nice grassy area with benches. Very pleasant. Gives you an uncomfortable feeling when you take your kids past the decked out ladies to go to story hour . Police station is down the street a few blocks, across from xxx business.
Wonder is its still that way? A little crazy
You think they could put up " no loitering" signs and pass out hefty fines. They should work from a business or put a sign in their front yards Massages Offered or something. Children should never have to experience such illicit activity. Mind you that's why I like brothels or strip clubs. Streetwalkers must be the rejects. Lol.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Any of you out there good on judgeing trees?

My red maple grew too large and the roots above ground were being hit by the mower with the leaves getting into the gutter.

So, it got cut down. Now looking for a small, good shade pretty tree to do a replacement. Thought about a Japanese Maple , or, a blooming ornamental Pear, as well as a blooming weeping cherry.

Any ideas out there??

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
It flabbergasts me that the elders or any convalescent patient is required to go without alcoholic beverages and sexual gratification. Is that not living? Geez, I had a Worker tell one time of chasing an older lady off a paraplegic patient. I'm like if there's no harm done what was the problem. Those places take away basic rights from Folks. They often get admonished for self gratifiction and then wonder why patients have to take nerve pills and psychotic meds.
@ Imposter, good for you for standing up to the croney phoney business. The man is alive to enjoy the rest of his days not have his hands slapped like a child. Yeah, reward him real good the next time;)
I would lead a revolt in the nursing home. I'd have some signs
"Nuts and bolts, we want screwed"
And "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me, than to have to have a frontal lobotomy"
Strip naked and only eat green jello-- mutiny on the bounty

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text>You think they could put up " no loitering" signs and pass out hefty fines. They should work from a business or put a sign in their front yards Massages Offered or something. Children should never have to experience such illicit activity. Mind you that's why I like brothels or strip clubs. Streetwalkers must be the rejects. Lol.
It gives you concern for the Dewey Decimal system.
Now class on our field trip to the Library today we will see the ladies of the street on the right. These ladies are working hard and look there is John supporting our young single ladies. Everyone wave and say hi to John.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2013

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Any of you out there good on judgeing trees?

My red maple grew too large and the roots above ground were being hit by the mower with the leaves getting into the gutter.

So, it got cut down. Now looking for a small, good shade pretty tree to do a replacement. Thought about a Japanese Maple , or, a blooming ornamental Pear, as well as a blooming weeping cherry.

Any ideas out there??
I have an ornamental pear tree. Very resistant to blight and colorful. It has some serious thorns! Ouch

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 77,421 - 77,440 of81,188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Freeze Warning for Jefferson County was issued at April 16 at 3:27AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••