Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81705 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Imposter

London, KY

#91787 Aug 13, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
Imposter. What's my nickname
You will always be nanny miss E.
Anne

United States

#91788 Aug 13, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Comics--- Archie! And little lulu
Was there "Dot"? Smurfs. Always Superman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman .
I gotta get off here and pack for my trip. Procrastination is my middle name.....
Have a great evening and I'll check back about midnight...

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#91792 Aug 13, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>My favorites were betty and veronica...and midge, for some reason.

I liked the bra and panty sections of the sears and roebuck catalog awfully well too.
Remember when the Sears Christmas catalogue would arrive? I'd circle everything!
Imposter

London, KY

#91793 Aug 13, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember when the Sears Christmas catalogue would arrive? I'd circle everything!
Yes I do, my brother and I would always fight over who looked in it first.
One year I wrote Santa a long detailed letter concerning how amazingly good I had been all year and how much I would appreciate the following:
One cowboy hat,
one pair of cowboy boots,
one pair of rawhide gloves,
a cowboy rifle,
two cowboy pistols with white handles in a brown gun belt,
and 50 foot of rope.
(I dont know why I thought I might need 50 foot of rope)
I even included the pages everything but the rope could be found on in the SR Christmas catalog.
I woke up Christmas morning and there they were under the tree.
I was one happy little cowboy.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91794 Aug 13, 2013
I got a new pair of blue jeans with the pockets cut out.... New clothes and toys all in the same package. LOL We put the Montgomery Wards catalogue in the outhouse. We never got one from Sears.

History channel recently had an intersting program (at least to me) regarding George Sears. Seems he was a rairoad station worker. The railroads were the cause of standardized time and before then, time was just based on the sun and just a mismatch of different times. Time zones were established mainly because the railroads needed more accurate scheduling.

George Sears bought a bunch of pocket watches and sold them to other station operators along the tracks, then next bought a bunch of sewing machines and sold them to the pioneers that had begun inhabiting smaller farms along the tracks. Then he took on Roebuck as a partner and moved to Chicago and started the mail order business with his goods delivered by rail.

Level 2

Since: Jan 10

Cloud Nineville

#91795 Aug 13, 2013
Well I never picked cotton...but them ol tobaccer fields down home about killed me today! I need a home remedy for gettin my butt outta bed pain free tomorrow. Being the first day today I would skip tomorrow if people weren't relying on me to get them back out there.

It aint fun folks, but oddly enough I like the work. Thanks be to God and Mother Nature for making the September type weather. I don't reckon I could've handled a typical August day today.

Level 2

Cloud Nineville

#91796 Aug 13, 2013
OH I forgot to say HEYYYYYEEe Everyone! Now where did I put that bottle of ibuprofen?
qwerty

Buna, TX

#91797 Aug 13, 2013
weebles wobble...
...but they don't fall down
Imposter

London, KY

#91798 Aug 13, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Well I never picked cotton...but them ol tobaccer fields down home about killed me today! I need a home remedy for gettin my butt outta bed pain free tomorrow. Being the first day today I would skip tomorrow if people weren't relying on me to get them back out there.
It aint fun folks, but oddly enough I like the work. Thanks be to God and Mother Nature for making the September type weather. I don't reckon I could've handled a typical August day today.
That is hard work. You'll have some cooler weather in the next few days.
Cut and stuck a many a stick myself. Hung quite a few too later on.
I guess you're not all bad after all if you're out in a baccer field.
Don't try to feed them mex chicken on Friday.

Level 2

Cloud Nineville

#91799 Aug 13, 2013
qwerty wrote:
weebles wobble...
...but they don't fall down
When you stand them on their heads they fall up.
qwerty

Buna, TX

#91800 Aug 13, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
<quoted text>
When you stand them on their heads they fall up.
They been drinkin'?

Level 2

Cloud Nineville

#91801 Aug 13, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>That is hard work. You'll have some cooler weather in the next few days.
Cut and stuck a many a stick myself. Hung quite a few too later on.
I guess you're not all bad after all if you're out in a baccer field.
Don't try to feed them mex chicken on Friday.
Right on Imposter! Heck all that stuff was all in fun anyway. First creative writing I had done in several months. Yankin chains, and pushing buttons then sittin back to see what the other guy will come up with next is pretty entertaining.

Level 2

Cloud Nineville

#91802 Aug 13, 2013
Gotta eat and get to sleep. I'll see you all in a day or two.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91803 Aug 13, 2013
The best home remedy for the 2nd and subsequent days of hard labor is to get up and go again even when you don't feel up to it. Sore muscles just get more sore when you stay in bed but loosen up after about an hour of movement. Watkins liniment has been a staple for farm labor as long as I can remember and can usually be bought at a farm store such as Southern States or Tractor Supply.

Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91804 Aug 13, 2013
I have had my turn in a tobacco field and barn too, but I did not think it was near as bad as bailing and stacking hay and unloading in the barn. All that in the hot sun, all sweaty, and those itchy seeds and grasses sticking to you.

It is pretty much a one man job anymore since most hay is rolled and moved around with a fork on the tractor and the rich guys even have a/c on the tractors.

Level 1

Location hidden

#91805 Aug 13, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I do, my brother and I would always fight over who looked in it first.
One year I wrote Santa a long detailed letter concerning how amazingly good I had been all year and how much I would appreciate the following:
One cowboy hat,
one pair of cowboy boots,
one pair of rawhide gloves,
a cowboy rifle,
two cowboy pistols with white handles in a brown gun belt,
and 50 foot of rope.
(I dont know why I thought I might need 50 foot of rope)
I even included the pages everything but the rope could be found on in the SR Christmas catalog.
I woke up Christmas morning and there they were under the tree.
I was one happy little cowboy.
For me it was an easy bake oven. I had visions of all the baked goods I would make for friends and family. Who knew a lightbulb and some cake batter could be so fun?
Imposter

London, KY

#91806 Aug 13, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
The best home remedy for the 2nd and subsequent days of hard labor is to get up and go again even when you don't feel up to it. Sore muscles just get more sore when you stay in bed but loosen up after about an hour of movement. Watkins liniment has been a staple for farm labor as long as I can remember and can usually be bought at a farm store such as Southern States or Tractor Supply.
Yeah that's exactly right and that's just what the young man needs.
Imposter

London, KY

#91807 Aug 13, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>For me it was an easy bake oven. I had visions of all the baked goods I would make for friends and family. Who knew a lightbulb and some cake batter could be so fun?
And, they tasted pretty good.

Level 1

Location hidden

#91808 Aug 13, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>And, they tasted pretty good.
This will ruin my image but I was actually a real tomboy when I was young. Hated dolls and such. I wanted a bow and arrow. A real one!
Imposter

London, KY

#91809 Aug 13, 2013
That's not an image ruin'r. The most fun I ever had was with a tomboy girl. She could pee higher on the barn than I could. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is it wrong to still love the wrong person 5 min Curious 23
biblical or spiritual questions 7 min here to serve 5
Amy Jessica Brown 43 min Truth 35
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 3 hr Really MAGA 4,537
Nice night for a cruise 5 hr Bourbon4Ever 1
Men with long hair are an abomination 5 hr Smh 4
begging the publics help 8 hr Sick 11

Louisville Jobs

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages