Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81707 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Anne

United States

#90054 Jun 8, 2013
I certainly understand about being hesitant about being so far out by ones self. It's such a shame. As kids we'd take off after breakfast, show up at lunchtime then head out till supper time. We wandered creeks and woods and never felt any fear. Last summer I found a one pot meth lab tossed in my field. Yesterday I found marks on the barns walk door where someone tried to break in. Times, they be a'changin'!:-(
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90055 Jun 8, 2013
Anne wrote:
I certainly understand about being hesitant about being so far out by ones self. It's such a shame. As kids we'd take off after breakfast, show up at lunchtime then head out till supper time. We wandered creeks and woods and never felt any fear. Last summer I found a one pot meth lab tossed in my field. Yesterday I found marks on the barns walk door where someone tried to break in. Times, they be a'changin'!:-(
Stay safe, Anne, chills went along my arms hearing those marks on your barn. I hope, you have hubby or Family around their. I sure know what you ladies mean. Not like when I was growing up in the 70's either. Walk the hills and creeks. Stay safe:)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90056 Jun 8, 2013
There, I meant. We often left our door unlocked. We had our coal house by a dirt road. Mom saw some strangers stop by the road and try to wave me over. They didn't know she was peering through the wooden slats. Took off when they saw her. I could picture her getting after them with the metal coal bucket or shovel. It's worse now with all the drug problems:(
Anne

United States

#90057 Jun 8, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Stay safe, Anne, chills went along my arms hearing those marks on your barn. I hope, you have hubby or Family around their. I sure know what you ladies mean. Not like when I was growing up in the 70's either. Walk the hills and creeks. Stay safe:)
The sheriffs deputy thought it was some kid because there are easy ways besides the walk door to gain entry. Guess I'd better work on some security. Sigh . My daughter and family live upstairs and we have the downstairs so there's usually someone around, but the barn is 700 feet from the house . On a lighter note, my pack rat ways would surely confuse even the most dedicated burglar!! The good stuff is in there but they would have to wade through a lot of stuff to find it! Lol
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#90058 Jun 8, 2013
good evening everyone.

the garlic is working great. got some fresh cloves this morning. the rain had driven the aphids away the past two days but this morning i found some back on my plants. i pressed a couple cloves and thru them in the dirt around the bottom and by the time i had soaked the others in water long enough for the smell to really be strong, the ones that were on there were gone. still sprayed my plants with it the garlic water...... can remember now who gave me that tip but thank you again
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90059 Jun 8, 2013
Anne wrote:
That is one reason that I like my little homestead so much, I am at the end of the line. You can't go any further and to access it there is only one way in... by my house. It is secluded but it is also "secured".
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#90060 Jun 8, 2013
http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/...

hope that link works..... cried my eyes out.
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#90061 Jun 9, 2013
woke up to joe poodle stepping on my throat (lovely)....

angel pulling my covers off
(more lovely)....

let them out and tried to step out on the porch myself
and got taken out by the outside cat at the ankles. fell directly on my own big fat nose.(extra lovely)

thought to myself... well this is going to be a crap morning (not like im going to be able to get back to sleep.)

and then i got a pleasant surprise. my beans have finally decided to make beans! yay.... funny how such a small thing can change your whole outlook.

guess i was due a tumble and am glad i didn't seem to hurt anything. went from grumble growl boo! too life could really be soooo much worse in two seconds flat thru the miracle of pole beans.

yep its all about outlook......

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90062 Jun 9, 2013
Restless night here. My dad is still not well.
So true

United States

#90063 Jun 9, 2013
Prayers to u,,!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90064 Jun 9, 2013
betty wrote:
guess i was due a tumble and am glad i didn't seem to hurt anything. went from grumble growl boo! too life could really be soooo much worse in two seconds flat thru the miracle of pole beans.
yep its all about outlook......
No, it is not ALL about out look. The other part is LOOK OUT!! lol
Anne

United States

#90065 Jun 9, 2013
It's a beautiful day! Good Morning!
Roaming: praying that your dad does much better today.
Betty: its exciting to see a flourishing garden I'm sure .(Never had that experience though) I have experienced aggravating pets/animals though. Lol
As AW said, Look Out!!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#90066 Jun 9, 2013
Good morning, everyone. It's a beautiful Sunday morning. Been up several times last night, and finally got up for good at 5 this morning. May take a short nap. Our garden is not looking that great. Rabbits and/or deer are already munching. Oh, well. Might as well feed the animals. Even the wire cages don't keep the new plants safe.
Hope everyone is well today. I keep you and yours always in my prayers. I'll check in from time to time today, after chores are done.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90067 Jun 9, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning, everyone. It's a beautiful Sunday morning. Been up several times last night, and finally got up for good at 5 this morning. May take a short nap. Our garden is not looking that great. Rabbits and/or deer are already munching. Oh, well. Might as well feed the animals. Even the wire cages don't keep the new plants safe.
Hope everyone is well today. I keep you and yours always in my prayers. I'll check in from time to time today, after chores are done.
Someone told me that if you cut up little chunks of Ivory soap and spread it around the perimeter of the corn, it will keep the deer out. I have no idea if that works or not, but I plan to try it. I had wire cages around my tomato plants and it did nothing. So I planted some more and put up chicken wire and so far that is working. Rabbits got all the cabbages and quite a bit of the lettuce. But I suppose they have to eat also. I did get about all the lettuce that I wanted anyways.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90068 Jun 9, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Restless night here. My dad is still not well.
I will keep you in my thoughts and send my blessings. May you and your family overcome this illness and you find serenity again.I wish you and yours an abundance of good health.I know, you and your mom must be worn and worried. I'll keep sending prayers for a speedy recovery. May the light of love surround you and his health improve soon.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90069 Jun 9, 2013
Bordering one's plants with onions and marigolds helps deter rabbits. They don't like these.Lol.
A very pleasant morning...the temp. is nice as well.You all try to have a good day. It is possible..;)
trash

Greenfield, IN

#90070 Jun 9, 2013
Take out the trash
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90072 Jun 9, 2013
I don't have much trash. Between compost, feeding chickens the left over edibles, and burning paper products in posion ivy vines in fence rows; I might get one small grocery bag of trash per week.
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#90073 Jun 9, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is not ALL about out look. The other part is LOOK OUT!! lol
hahahaha! in my defense the cat is solid gray.:)
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#90074 Jun 9, 2013
Anne wrote:
It's a beautiful day! Good Morning!
Roaming: praying that your dad does much better today.
Betty: its exciting to see a flourishing garden I'm sure .(Never had that experience though) I have experienced aggravating pets/animals though. Lol
As AW said, Look Out!!
lol i see you joined me and AB's spam club :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sunny Dayz 5 min Vbbbgdrt 9
Broken heart 8 min Broken heart 5
Trump for President, He will win. watch (Aug '16) 31 min The Steven Deaks 4,743
male on male is fun 4 hr M4fun 4
Is Cody Lane still in Louisville? (Aug '17) 6 hr Pinky76 29
I pooped in the middle of taco bells bathroom f... 10 hr Dog catcher 33
Trinity murders 1980's / Victor Tate (Nov '09) 12 hr No effin way 52

Louisville Jobs

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages