Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90013 Jun 7, 2013
Also, take over a quart of water and strain 5 large garlic through it and mix with cayenne pepper, use this in a sprayer. It will help with the aphid problems.
Hope it helps. Good day to all. Windy and rainy here. Glad we're back to our polite forum. I try not to get naughty and impolite;)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90014 Jun 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Well folks I sincerely hope a little obnoxiousness on my part bothered nobody. When I replied back to someone referring to todays soldiers as crybabies I respnded back to a faulty generalization in a manner I felt appropriate(with a little obnoxious fun). The fact that I found no support in my point, per other things I read here, was a little confusing.
Two posts I read actually seemed to support a little obnoxoious fun. Miss E in particular, not the person behind the Miss E handle, If I misunderstood and this post has been for nought, then I simply did what we do here and posted some thoughts.
I recall the post comparing today's Soldier to ones of the past. Well, the main difference I saw from the past is that men had no choice. War is Hell no matter which way a person cuts it. The situations and difficulties of the times with less accurate weapons and lack of equipment made it more difficult to perform the duties of a Soldier. But a gun and bayonet are the basics in war. It's kill or be killed.
It's disgruntling and somewhat ambiguous to say one soldier in battle has it harder than the other.
Anne

United States

#90015 Jun 7, 2013
No rain here!! Steamy hot though! Enjoyed several yard sales earlier and when I returned home I decided its time for AC! Oh, yeah!!
Btw, all politeness and niceness IS , ummm, boring! Brutal, harsh insults can get quite disturbing.
Moderation moderation! While I really don't participate in troll bashing, I do enjoy a good verbal exchange every now and then. Lol
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#90017 Jun 7, 2013
Blueminer wrote:
Well folks I sincerely hope a little obnoxiousness on my part bothered nobody. When I replied back to someone referring to todays soldiers as crybabies I respnded back to a faulty generalization in a manner I felt appropriate(with a little obnoxious fun). The fact that I found no support in my point, per other things I read here, was a little confusing.
Two posts I read actually seemed to support a little obnoxoious fun. Miss E in particular, not the person behind the Miss E handle, If I misunderstood and this post has been for nought, then I simply did what we do here and posted some thoughts.
for the record i found no offense to anything you posted. actually i agree with you. hubby may not have been on that beach that morning in Normandy but he sure spent many nights shivering in a foxhole during desert storm. for one to try and compare the soldiers of the 40's to our brave men serving today over who are fighting over seas, it sure is sad that the poster seemed to miss a few key points. both the soldiers from back then and those who are in today were fighting for the same cause and equally willing to die for that cause. i agree that nowadays its hard to know if we are sending our men and women over a just cause but, i don't think that gives anyone the right to question the sacrifices an individual soldier makes. even if we don't support the cause, we should support our troops.

i only take offense to those who come on this thread specifically to incite arguments that normally have little to do with things that really matter. those who just spout off to get a rise out of another because they are bored with their meaningless lives.

so from my point of view, please feel free to always post your thoughts. thanks to our brave men and women in the armed forces, and even tho some times it may not seem like it when you read about the IRS targeting tea party members and the govt using drones to spy on us, its still a FREE country.
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#90018 Jun 7, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Also, take over a quart of water and strain 5 large garlic through it and mix with cayenne pepper, use this in a sprayer. It will help with the aphid problems.
Hope it helps. Good day to all. Windy and rainy here. Glad we're back to our polite forum. I try not to get naughty and impolite;)
i dont have any fresh garlic at the moment but i do have some of the dried flakes, i wonder if i soaked it long enough if the smell would be strong enough to keep them away. will have to try it. thank you
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90019 Jun 7, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i dont have any fresh garlic at the moment but i do have some of the dried flakes, i wonder if i soaked it long enough if the smell would be strong enough to keep them away. will have to try it. thank you
The dish detergent should work. Just use a minimal amount like a tablespoon. Just spot check it first. Detergent could possibly kill one's plants where as garlic is safer. The whole garlic carries a potent punch. You're very,very welcome:)
qwerty

Buna, TX

#90020 Jun 7, 2013
You have to mind your Ps and Qs when talking to someone about E I E I O. Nothing you say is right, and they seem to be spoiling for an argument. Well, two hundred can play at that game, but is it a wise course of action or would you better to try to starve this person? Be wary of starting a mower that could escalate into a real dispute.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90021 Jun 7, 2013
http://news.yahoo.com/doctor-guide-rescue-bab...

Baby moose rescued and reunited with Mommy. Sweet pic.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90022 Jun 7, 2013
Hope you all had a great day! It was good up until the storms hit. About 8pm. Hope tomorrow is just as good.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90025 Jun 8, 2013
My corn grows, my rooster crows, my dog goes.

I am still above ground and have coffee... nothing else makes much difference. Good Day to all.
Bulls-eye

Chicago, IL

#90026 Jun 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I am still above ground and have coffee... nothing else makes much difference. Good Day to all.
Is the grass greener where your dogs go?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90027 Jun 8, 2013
Bulls-eye wrote:
<quoted text>Is the grass greener where your dogs go?
Sure is, would you like to come mow?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90028 Jun 8, 2013
Foggy morning. Knew that was gonna happen!
Bulls-eye

Chicago, IL

#90029 Jun 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure is, would you like to come mow?
No thanks,I have plenty of that to do here.
Anne

United States

#90031 Jun 8, 2013
Foggy morning here also! Hens were clucking away but only the faithful red leaves any eggs. I feed them all laying pellets but only the pet hen shows appreciation :-(
We haven't had that rain everyone else was blessed with. Hopefully tonight but not today as the neighbors are having a pig roast ( bet there's potato salad with EGGS- a bird product) and later a retirement party--deviled eggs(?) for a cousin :-)
Time to rise and shine! Have a wonderful day, bird threaders!(Hens/eggs and birds-- yep, I'm on the bird topic! Lol)
Anne

United States

#90033 Jun 8, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Ain't cha jus' a'shinin' today!! Bet 'cha were born soooo bright your parents called ya "son"' lol
Have a great day!!
Anne

United States

#90034 Jun 8, 2013
Do You Realize wrote:
In case you didn't know it we as Americans are losing our right more and more every day.!
I think we all realize that.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90036 Jun 8, 2013
Good morning birdthreaders. I hope you all had a great week. Rained this morning, still overcast but I am heading to the pool anyway. I have fed all the birds, clipped some beautiful roses for the table, pulled some weeds and am having my 3rd cup of coffee. I have a tiny bird that is grey/white with black on top of it's head and raccoon type eyes...anyone know what it is? I have never seen one in my feeder but it looks something like this:
Loggerhead Shrick
http://www.bing.com/images/search...

Anyone else have them?
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90037 Jun 8, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we all realize that.
Maybe he "realized" he hit the wrong thread. hahaha
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#90038 Jun 8, 2013
For the BIRDS..to cute

Owner Catches Cute Pet Bird Dancing Joyfully to I'll Fly Away

Owning a pet can be such a joy! This bird owner caught her little Frostie happily dancing away, perfectly on-beat, to "I'll Fly Away." This is just too great.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Pet-Bird-Dancing-fb-gv...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch 5 min Common sense 1,949
Record Murder Rate 3 hr Bunch of wannabes 17
News Coroner removes body from incident near My Old ... 11 hr Arrghhh 6
elites are in panic 19 hr Politically Incor... 5
New Louisville Facebook group 19 hr OompaLumpa 2
Adrian Grisanti Arrested! Fri Lydia Jenkins 1
Cheating Bingo Halls (Nov '07) Thu Joeblow1234 329

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance