Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81691 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

just me

Lexington, KY

#89928 Jun 4, 2013
go for it

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89935 Jun 5, 2013
Hope you all are having a good morning. Could get some rain later. Hope it passes you by.
bg

Chicago, IL

#89936 Jun 5, 2013
Nice day!
bg

Chicago, IL

#89937 Jun 5, 2013
And be safe :)
no name

United States

#89939 Jun 5, 2013
Jesse V wrote:
Government is hiding something.
you are so right
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#89941 Jun 5, 2013
some really informative posts lately. LOL
Kibbler

Big Clifty, KY

#89942 Jun 5, 2013
LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#89943 Jun 5, 2013
Considering the time difference, in about 6 more hours it will be the 69th anniversary of the Normandy Invasion ofJune 6, 1944. Many young men with just a few hours to live so that we can be here posting mostly nonsense. Shame on us.
somethingsmells

AOL

#89944 Jun 5, 2013
man ,...
years latter,....... it appears that they all died for nothing ,....
the country sure has turned into crap lately ,....
fight and die -- for what?,...

so indignant welfare crack addicts can keep producing as many babies as they wish ,..
and then demand that the rest of us support them for life ?

things sure have changed in the past 60 years ,...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89945 Jun 5, 2013
Just been a beautiful day here.
Hope you all enjoyed it.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#89946 Jun 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
some really informative posts lately. LOL
Ditto

Level 1

Location hidden

#89947 Jun 5, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Considering the time difference, in about 6 more hours it will be the 69th anniversary of the Normandy Invasion ofJune 6, 1944. Many young men with just a few hours to live so that we can be here posting mostly nonsense. Shame on us.
I agree. The Invasion of Normandy is a testament to the bravery of soldiers. They persevered to victory, with many troops giving up their lives. Thanks for the reminder.

Level 1

Location hidden

#89948 Jun 5, 2013
somethingsmells wrote:
man ,...
years latter,....... it appears that they all died for nothing ,....
the country sure has turned into crap lately ,....
fight and die -- for what?,...
so indignant welfare crack addicts can keep producing as many babies as they wish ,..
and then demand that the rest of us support them for life ?
things sure have changed in the past 60 years ,...
There is still hope, as long as people awaken, and hold tight to their values.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89949 Jun 5, 2013
Hey birdthreaders. Hope you enjoyed your day. We had a brief sprinkle and that was it outside the hot day. Loving summer! I did see Hawaii had a pretty big earthquake:

Hawaii earthquake shakes but no tsunami (+video)

Hawaii earthquake: A magnitude 5.3 earthquake struck off the coat of the Big Island, causing no serious damage or injuries. But are more earthquakes coming as a new island forms?
Pahala, Hawaii

The U.S. Geological Survey is revising the magnitude of an earthquake off the southeast coast of Hawaii to 5.3.

Tuesday afternoon's earthquake was centered about 34 miles (55 kilometers) southeast of Pahala on the Big Island, at a depth of about 25 miles (40 kilometers). Officials say it did not expected to generate a tsunami.

“The earth is very sound down there there’s not a lot of cracks, therefore waves travel very efficiently through the material,” USGS Hawaiian Volcano Observatory Seismic Network manager, Wes Thele told KHON2.com .

Hawaii County Civil Defense Director Darryl Oliveira says there are no immediate reports of damage.

The USGS reported earlier that the quake's magnitude was 5.6.

People as far away as Maui and Oahu reported weak shaking to the USGS. The Oahu Department of Emergency Management says some areas may have experienced strong shaking.

Kevin Dayton, the executive assistant to the mayor, says he felt a large jolt in the county building in Hilo.

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wire...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89950 Jun 5, 2013
@lala, sorry I missed you. I seen some great videos you will like. Enjoy:

Dog Nearly Thrown Away Becomes a Celebrity for his Tricks

When Skidboot was young, he was such a handful his owners nearly gave him away. But then, they noticed he wasn't bad... he was just highly intelligent! God made this dog very special and he can do tricks that you won't believe!

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Tricks-fb-gv-3421....

Loved that story.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89951 Jun 5, 2013
Pics of cool cat sharing dinner with mouse give us hope for the world

Thought all cats and mice were sworn enemies like Tom and Jerry? Check out this pair breaking bread together — make that cat food. Not that the mouse was invited. Owner Chris Brown said he'd just come downstairs when he spied his kitty, Mango, staring at his food bowl with this little guest munching away at his dinner. Clearly unaware of his position in the food chain hierarchy, Mango warily settled for water while the mouse gorged. Brown says his feline eventually summoned up the nerve to back the mouse into a corner but "didn't touch a hair on its head and the mouse happily went on its way after eating its fill."

http://now.msn.com/mango-the-cat-and-mouse-sh...

More and more videos of "sworn enemies" living, playing, and loving each other. I love them all. I wish humans could take a cue from them.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89952 Jun 5, 2013
lala, this one is another precious one you will like. Just too cute.

Orphaned foal finds comfort in his enormous teddy bear

The timeless and universal comfort of an enormous teddy bear held true recently when an abandoned baby foal needed a companion. The foal, named Breeze, was found by farmers at Dartmoor National Park in England just hours after its birth. Rescue workers from a mare and foal sanctuary are nursing him back from a severe state of shock and dehydration, but sometimes food and water are not enough. So they put a 4-foot teddy bear named Buttons in Breeze's pen, and the foal hasn't left his side. "We always give our orphaned foals a giant cuddly toy as a companion," said Syra Bowden said, the sanctuary's executive director. "They're just like human babies in the way it provides them with comfort."

http://now.msn.com/foal-sleeps-with-teddy-bea...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89953 Jun 5, 2013
These 15 fluffy cows are as cute and fuzzy as kittens

We bet you never asked yourself, "What would cows look like if they got their hair done?" But you should have. Why? Because they look like adorable bovine-teddy bear hybrids, that’s why! And we want to snuggle with them forever and ever. The Internet went crazy for these fluffy farm animals after a Redditor posted a photo of one from Lautner Farms in Adel, Iowa. It turns out these beautiful creatures are show cattle that have been primped and preened to look their best. Who knew this is what cattle look like after a blowout? Move over, cats. We can't wait for lolcows to be the new stars of the interwebs.

http://now.msn.com/fluffy-cow-photos-feature-...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89954 Jun 5, 2013
Makes me think of little Leona, I wish LSD923 would pop in with an update on his little princess.

This will definitely make you laugh. It's that cute.

Precious Baby Babbles to Her Daddy on a Cell Phone

Babies are SO smart; they learn what to do in life by watching us. So when this darling little girl grabs a cell phone and starts chatting to her daddy... it's the cutest thing ever! She is a little smartie-pants.

http://www.godvine.com/Baby-Babbles-fb-gv-341...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89955 Jun 5, 2013
This makes me think of UNA haha, he did love the GODvine duck story. lol

Brighten up your day with this baby duckling rescue

Whether you're swamped with emails or up against a deadline, it's never not a good time to watch a bevy of baby ducklings get reunited with their mama. This video opens with a duck quacking for help while peering into a sewer filled with trapped baby ducklings. Luckily, two cops heed the urgent quacks and peeps and come to the rescue. After the manhole cover is lifted, the baby ducklings are placed in a box and led to a lake where the happy reunion takes place. It's a nice little pick-me-up for a day otherwise filled with stress and responsibility.

http://now.msn.com/baby-duckling-rescue-recor...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News FOP: 5 LMPD officers refused service at Taco Bell 2 hr Sargent Cop cant Lie 2
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) 2 hr _FLATLINE-------- 9,275
Trump for President, He will win. watch 8 hr sgt Wiitold Kowal 139
Pedophiles 10 hr Mohammed 7
scott sattery 10 hr help 1
White lives matter 13 hr Truthispeak 6
Great Idea!! 19 hr Stop the pushers 2

Louisville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Louisville Mortgages