Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
75,041 - 75,060 of 81,594 Comments Last updated 22 hrs ago
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89079
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Health Benefits of Aloe Vera -
by Mike Adams, NaturalNews.com
When I say aloe vera is the most impressive medicinal herb invented by nature, I don't make that statement lightly. Of all the herbs I've ever studied -- and I've written thousands of articles on nutrition and disease prevention -- aloe vera is the most impressive herb of them all.(Garlic would be a close second.) There is nothing on this planet that offers the amazing variety of healing benefits granted by aloe vera. In a single plant, aloe vera offers potent, natural medicine that:

Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
Lowers high cholesterol.
Repairs "sludge blood" and reverses "sticky blood".
Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
Protects the body from oxidative stress.
Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn's disease and other digestive disorders.
Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.
Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
Ends constipation.
Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
Prevents and treats candida infections.
Protects the kidneys from disease.
Functions as nature's own "sports drink" for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.

Truly, there is nothing else that compares to the medicinal potential of aloe vera. And yet most people only know about the topical applications of aloe vera gel. They think it's only good for sunburns. In reality, aloe vera is useful for both external and internal use.
Full article:

http://www.naturalnews.com/021858_aloe_vera_g...
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89080
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

www.homesteadingsurvivalism.com | Modern technology has brought us many benefits, including mosquito traps that cost hundreds of dollars, but sometimes we overlook simple solutions to difficult challenges such as mosquito control. When it comes to controlling pests, research tends to focus on chemicals or concepts that can be patented. Unless someone can make a profit from an idea, the public may never become aware of it.

HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP.

Items needed:

200 ml water
50 grams of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
2-liter plastic bottle

Or US conversion:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar

HOW:
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area.(Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)

Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89081
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

never knew......

from www.homesteadingsurvivalism.com

How To Identify The Use of A Bell Pepper...

While terming this to be "gender" is not accurate, as bell pepper plants are hermaphroditic, this does appear to be a method used to identify which type of bell pepper is best for each purpose - either cooking, eating raw or for seed collection. There is a simple method for identifying which bell pepper has the traits you desire. Look on the underside of the pepper, the ones with four bumps are "female" and those with three bumps are "male". The ones termed "female" peppers, or those with more bumps, contain more seeds and will be used largely for collection of seeds and replanting (hence "female"), but are also sweeter and better for eating raw. The ones with three or fewer bumps are better for cooking and contain fewer seeds. However, bell peppers are hermaphroditic, so any reference to gender is for a helpful memory aid only.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89082
May 6, 2013
 
im off to start dinner..... cant wait till june when hubby starts school so we can eat at a normal time instead of after dark.

have a good night everybody i will check in later
time

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89083
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i stopped thinking you had anything to offer me other than argument because i simply do not have the time.
especially since you are so busy reading about the health benefits of aloe vera and how to build mosquito traps...I completely understand.
time

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89084
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

betty wrote:
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera -
by Mike Adams, NaturalNews.com
When I say aloe vera is the most impressive medicinal herb invented by nature, I don't make that statement lightly. Of all the herbs I've ever studied -- and I've written thousands of articles on nutrition and disease prevention -- aloe vera is the most impressive herb of them all.(Garlic would be a close second.) There is nothing on this planet that offers the amazing variety of healing benefits granted by aloe vera. In a single plant, aloe vera offers potent, natural medicine that:
Halts the growth of cancer tumors.
Lowers high cholesterol.
Repairs "sludge blood" and reverses "sticky blood".
Boosts the oxygenation of your blood.
Eases inflammation and soothes arthritis pain.
Protects the body from oxidative stress.
Prevents kidney stones and protects the body from oxalates in coffee and tea.
Alkalizes the body, helping to balance overly acidic dietary habits.
Cures ulcers, IBS, Crohn's disease and other digestive disorders.
Reduces high blood pressure natural, by treating the cause, not just the symptoms.
Nourishes the body with minerals, vitamins, enzymes and glyconutrients.
Accelerates healing from physical burns and radiation burns.
Replaces dozens of first aid products, makes bandages and antibacterial sprays obsolete.
Halts colon cancer, heals the intestines and lubricates the digestive tract.
Ends constipation.
Stabilizes blood sugar and reduces triglycerides in diabetics.
Prevents and treats candida infections.
Protects the kidneys from disease.
Functions as nature's own "sports drink" for electrolyte balance, making common sports drinks obsolete.
Boosts cardiovascular performance and physical endurance.
Speeds recovery from injury or physical exertion.
Hydrates the skin, accelerates skin repair.
Truly, there is nothing else that compares to the medicinal potential of aloe vera. And yet most people only know about the topical applications of aloe vera gel. They think it's only good for sunburns. In reality, aloe vera is useful for both external and internal use.
Full article:
http://www.naturalnews.com/021858_aloe_vera_g...
thank you so much for that wealth of useful information
time

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89085
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

betty wrote:
www.homesteadingsurvivalism.co m | Modern technology has brought us many benefits, including mosquito traps that cost hundreds of dollars, but sometimes we overlook simple solutions to difficult challenges such as mosquito control. When it comes to controlling pests, research tends to focus on chemicals or concepts that can be patented. Unless someone can make a profit from an idea, the public may never become aware of it.
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP.
Items needed:
200 ml water
50 grams of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
2-liter plastic bottle
Or US conversion:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
HOW:
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area.(Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
thanks, I'll get started building one tomorrow
hermaphrodites

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89086
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

betty wrote:
never knew......
from www.homesteadingsurvivalism.com
How To Identify The Use of A Bell Pepper...
While terming this to be "gender" is not accurate, as bell pepper plants are hermaphroditic, this does appear to be a method used to identify which type of bell pepper is best for each purpose - either cooking, eating raw or for seed collection. There is a simple method for identifying which bell pepper has the traits you desire. Look on the underside of the pepper, the ones with four bumps are "female" and those with three bumps are "male". The ones termed "female" peppers, or those with more bumps, contain more seeds and will be used largely for collection of seeds and replanting (hence "female"), but are also sweeter and better for eating raw. The ones with three or fewer bumps are better for cooking and contain fewer seeds. However, bell peppers are hermaphroditic, so any reference to gender is for a helpful memory aid only.
I always knew bell peppers were confused about their gender, thanks for that gem of wisdom
time

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89087
May 6, 2013
 
betty wrote:
im off to start dinner..... cant wait till june when hubby starts school so we can eat at a normal time instead of after dark.
have a good night everybody i will check in later
bon appetit

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89088
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Gosh it's RAINY!! I can't believe we have had so much rain. Is this a record of some kind? lol
RisingMoonManiac

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89089
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Gosh it's RAINY!! I can't believe we have had so much rain. Is this a record of some kind? lol
thanks for your daily weather report, especially for all the basement dwellers who never get out, without you they would never know what the weather is like outside

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89090
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

RisingMoonManiac wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for your daily weather report, especially for all the basement dwellers who never get out, without you they would never know what the weather is like outside
Wow, they sound clueless, just like you. Maybe you should go out and look up at the pretty rain, like a turkey. Don't worry nobody will miss you.
turkey

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89091
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, they sound clueless, just like you. Maybe you should go out and look up at the pretty rain, like a turkey. Don't worry nobody will miss you.
gobble gobble...I love the rain

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89092
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

turkey wrote:
<quoted text>
gobble gobble...I love the rain
Good, go play in the rain. Look straight up. Bye bye.
old columbian sob

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89093
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

world news tonight wrote:
The question remains ....BLA BLA BLA,.... back to Israel. Israel was founded by Jews who murdered other Jews
GO SUCK AN EGG - YOU MESSED UP IN THE HEAD ,.. NAZI /ARAB PUTZ ,...
hasbarats

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89094
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

old columbian sob wrote:
<quoted text> GO SUCK AN EGG - YOU MESSED UP IN THE HEAD ,.. NAZI /ARAB PUTZ ,...
looks like I've attracted the attention of the hasbaRATS once again...like flies to honey, I knew it wouldn't be long till one of you rats showed up
hasbarats

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89095
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

old columbian sob wrote:
<quoted text> GO SUCK AN EGG - YOU MESSED UP IN THE HEAD ,.. NAZI /ARAB PUTZ ,...
the truth about the zionists is out, just go to the popular forums section and you will see what I mean...truth hurts don't it? It's funny when you expose the truth about the zionists that you are right away labelled as a nazi/arab anti-semite...sorry but that tactic is worn out and well known to people who know what's really going on.
old columbian sob

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89096
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

hasbarats wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like I've attracted the attention of the hasbaRATS once again...like flies to honey, I knew it wouldn't be long till one of you rats showed up
more like flys on chit ,....

you too ,...
should goout in the rain ,...and look up ,...

cause you - as - dumb ,..as a turkey -
u jive azz nazi turkey
hasbarats

Logan, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89097
May 6, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

old columbian sob wrote:
<quoted text>more like flys on chit ,....
you too ,...
should goout in the rain ,...and look up ,...
cause you - as - dumb ,..as a turkey -
u jive azz nazi turkey
so you admit to being a fly attracted to shit? Well, I got more for you if that is what you like.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#89098
May 7, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Looks like the arrogant, egotistical, and facetious poster finally gave up and went to bed since he could not find anyone else to harass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 10 min Democrats Smoke P... 937
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 29 min Trufts 1,047
Steven Allison 34 min U know me 6
Man charged after allegedly exposing himself to... (Jan '11) 45 min slik513 10
Ridiculed and laughed at on the city bus. 1 hr victimoftheft 7
Mitch McConnell 2 hr Opine 412
ann luckett dentist 6 hr just me 18
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Aug 23 martyg73 71

Search the Louisville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••