Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
74,641 - 74,660 of 81,557 Comments Last updated Thursday Jul 24
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Buffet wrote:
I know a cook who makes a really good spam chili.
Spam chili? bet that tastes s little different!! I bought a spam recipe book in Hawaii! They love spam !!! Even ate it at McDonald's for breakfast. I prefer cold spam sandwiches over hot spam . I haven't bought the stuff in ages do maybe I 'll try it again

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Wow how crazy has it been. Bombs and earthquakes!
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

I have not watched the news lately and I suppose that is good or my heart would be saddened over that senseless bombing. Been out mowing grass over the past two gorgeous days, thanks to the CREATOR.

Tomorrow, I will go remove a deck for an old couple that was improperly built and is difficult for the old man to get around on since he has lost his leg.

The old lady wanted to know what I would charge her to take it out. I said I won't take any pay, the left over lumber will be useful to me and that will be more than adequate.
Buffet

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

I was in my neighbor's kitchen today and got a whiff of a fresh scent of spam today. Yum!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Hi bird peeps! Sounds like everyone is well, but where in the heck is Blue?? I really hope his Dad is doing okay.. It's been forever since he checked in, unless I've missed a post somewhere along the way.

Don't know about the rest of you all, but the Nope house got quite a good downpour today! It was so nice!! A good soaking! It fell so well that I was able to lay down for a much needed nap. I was exhausted after what all happened during the last 24 hours or so.

Good news is that my sister was able to get out of Boston and is home again. She somehow got a flight out sometime this morning and arrived back home early this afternoon. She said the entire flight, crew included, was subdued. People were really quiet and detached during the whole flight.
Understandably so.

It's so dangerous in the world any more... Makes me appreciate my little slice of heaven here in the middle of nowhere. I'm trying to stay focused on my garden and the critters, while not dwelling on how close I came to possibly loosing her yesterday. God was watching out for her..

You all take care till later! Appreciate every day, every minute, and every blessing you have. Even the little things in life are massive blessings if you think about it.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have not watched the news lately and I suppose that is good or my heart would be saddened over that senseless bombing. Been out mowing grass over the past two gorgeous days, thanks to the CREATOR.
Tomorrow, I will go remove a deck for an old couple that was improperly built and is difficult for the old man to get around on since he has lost his leg.
The old lady wanted to know what I would charge her to take it out. I said I won't take any pay, the left over lumber will be useful to me and that will be more than adequate.
You are a good neighbor...even if the old couple lives miles away!!
I am carefully and slowly building up a small group of strong fellas that are several (10-20) years younger than we are... Then when we are elderly I hope they will remember their old friends when we need help. Lol

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Just made it home...what happened to the rain??
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

should i be worried about my pole beans and bring them in during the storms? we have not even gotten any rain here yet but i just checked the radar and it is coming. really worried about the hail and wind.

last time it stormed i brought them in but that's because they had not sprouted yet and i was afraid they would be uprooted by the heavy rain. it happened last year....had to shove them back down in the dirt and not very many sprouted after that, still got plenty of beans in the end, but that really slowed then down it seems since this year i have been hauling them back and forth and now with only two weeks from seed to now they are already six inches tall and starting to wrap and climb their stakes (well not all of them but i have a few that are five or six and the rest are three or so...all have sprouted more than two leaves now)

do you think they will be ok to leave out now or should i just haul them in and out like i have been doing. wish i would have just started them inside a month ago but was afraid to transplant (cause i kill every thing i transfer)

prolly will seem like a silly question to some ...sorry :) i just really don't want to kill them this year.... last year i had more that didn't make it than did, really surprised that they all popped up this year.
redrum

Henderson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

local scientist wrote:
I really do think its from the changing cold weather...it's absolutely horrible, but these birds cant keep their body temp up. Florida has had ice and the birds dont have a place to migrate. We've had some extrememe weather lately. While there have not been many tornadoes, we have had an almost record low along with near record high and low temperatures within the last few weeks. I'm sure this has been too much for the poor little bird's bodies...along with other small bodies associated with higher altitudes such as insects. Just my thoughts
. Hey scientist what's ice in Florida got to do with the migration of birds here? Birds fly north in the spring, so how is ice in Florida effecting birds 600 miles north of Florida. Birds are well adapted for cold weather feathers and all it's the heat birds have issues with.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

i just received an email back from this lady i met on Facebook who is going to give me some free chicken $hit for my peppers. lol you would think we were doing a drug deal or something the way she worded things. never thought of the mall as "the drop point" before.....

sigh.... guess i shall take hubby on this little adventure just in case she is a crazy. you never know these days.

sure she is harmless just a little batty....can't say im going to be any different in my older years and either way, i am grateful for the free poo!

just funny sort of "you had to been there" kind of thing..... oh well. good night all..... guess the rain has decided to pass us up till tomorrow here.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
i just received an email back from this lady i met on Facebook who is going to give me some free chicken $hit for my peppers. lol you would think we were doing a drug deal or something the way she worded things. never thought of the mall as "the drop point" before.....
sigh.... guess i shall take hubby on this little adventure just in case she is a crazy. you never know these days.
sure she is harmless just a little batty....can't say im going to be any different in my older years and either way, i am grateful for the free poo!
just funny sort of "you had to been there" kind of thing..... oh well. good night all..... guess the rain has decided to pass us up till tomorrow here.
Hehehe, sounds like a narc agent. I'd take Hubby just to help in case that you get a bigger stink than you can handle unless he's a city slicker and just can't handle those smells. Mine complains about fields of cows, roosters' crowing. Well, this Ol gal likes the sound of chickens not so much the cow poo, but if they're few and range on a big enough spread that is not a big problem. Commercial cattle is another business. Phewh. especially before DDT.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Hehehe, sounds like a narc agent. I'd take Hubby just to help in case that you get a bigger stink than you can handle unless he's a city slicker and just can't handle those smells. Mine complains about fields of cows, roosters' crowing. Well, this Ol gal likes the sound of chickens not so much the cow poo, but if they're few and range on a big enough spread that is not a big problem. Commercial cattle is another business. Phewh. especially before DDT.
lol....hubby is definitely a city slicker but with combat training.....i just don't feel comfortable with meeting someone out i don't know and then following them back to their home by myself. so yes, for the most part he will be in the car with the windows rolled tight trying to keep down his breakfast....but if she and the imaginary corn children i have dreamed up try to lock me in the wood shed i can depend on him swallow his pre vomit and spring to action lmao...... oh well....all in the name of free poop but he is less than thrilled im once again involving him in my outskirtings..... says i should just go buy some...pff, now why would i want to pay for something if i can get it free?...lol no no no hubby!... we will risk being dismembered by batty country folk (his words) for free poop!...oh yes...we will!

sigh .... back to bad i suppose.... maybe i can actually fall asleep this time.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Lord help the city slickers. I bet they can't even stand the smell of collard greens cooking or would not even eat pole beans grown in chicken doo. LOL I would worry more about the "batty" city slickers than the country folk. Anyone ever heard of a serial killer that lived in the country?

Storm woke me up, empty coffee pot said "get up". No deck work for that old couple today even if the storm ends. I will have to wait for the deck to dry out.

I don't know why I call them an "old" couple. They are younger than me. Perhaps because they are such a helpless a bunch of town dwellers with minimal skills and abilities.
early morning

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

I like beans good as anyone but I'm not climbing any pole to get them.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

early morning wrote:
I like beans good as anyone but I'm not climbing any pole to get them.
I agree. You would only want to do that if you are wearing a light fall suit. LOL

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Well, it's been raining a bit. Hope it doesn't get bad!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Had quite a thunder storm here earlier. A few claps of thunder around 4:00 a.m. and my dogs where standing up and rattled, the parrot started yelling "hey come here" and "what'cha doin" from the other room, and the cat jumped up on my hip. Eventually I was up and staggering through the dark house to get to the coffee pot... At least the coffee is good this morning and now the birds are awake outside, singing to their hearts content.

I see that there's still no word from Blue. I'm starting to wonder if everything is okay. Maybe he got another job and is on the road. I hope the lack of posting is good news and not a sign that something is wrong.

So how are everyone's gardens doing today? Anne, did you move your beans? I think it's safe to put mine out now. I was waiting to put them out, just in case we got another last blast of winter air. Hopefully we're in the clear now. I did get my potted herbs put out. Glad to have that done. I still have one more 'mater plant to put into the ground and I should be set except for getting a couple rows of corn put out later..

Well, got things to do, so I better get to it. It's garbage day, laundry waits and I have to clean out the chicken coop later today, yuk. But the cast out "poo pile" that has been building outside at the wood line every time I clean it out will be put to good use around the flower beds. It's "cool" enough to use now. Can't use "hot" poo or you'll burn your plant babies up...

I think I'll procrastinate and have one more cup of coffee before I get in gear today. I have SO much to do that I don't even want to think about it, I'll just get overwhelmed by it all. When I get overwhelmed, very little actually gets done... I need a lesson in how to turn mountains into mole hills. I swear I do.

Everyone take care! Chat later!!
banana

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Lord help the city slickers. I bet they can't even stand the smell of collard greens cooking or would not even eat pole beans grown in chicken doo. LOL I would worry more about the "batty" city slickers than the country folk. Anyone ever heard of a serial killer that lived in the country?
Storm woke me up, empty coffee pot said "get up". No deck work for that old couple today even if the storm ends. I will have to wait for the deck to dry out.
I don't know why I call them an "old" couple. They are younger than me. Perhaps because they are such a helpless a bunch of town dwellers with minimal skills and abilities.
They need help, and you are willing to offer it, as our Creator intended, and that is all that need be said. God Bless you, AW. Lala

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Had quite a thunder storm here earlier. A few claps of thunder around 4:00 a.m. and my dogs where standing up and rattled, the parrot started yelling "hey come here" and "what'cha doin" from the other room, and the cat jumped up on my hip. Eventually I was up and staggering through the dark house to get to the coffee pot... At least the coffee is good this morning and now the birds are awake outside, singing to their hearts content.
I see that there's still no word from Blue. I'm starting to wonder if everything is okay. Maybe he got another job and is on the road. I hope the lack of posting is good news and not a sign that something is wrong.
So how are everyone's gardens doing today? Anne, did you move your beans? I think it's safe to put mine out now. I was waiting to put them out, just in case we got another last blast of winter air. Hopefully we're in the clear now. I did get my potted herbs put out. Glad to have that done. I still have one more 'mater plant to put into the ground and I should be set except for getting a couple rows of corn put out later..
Well, got things to do, so I better get to it. It's garbage day, laundry waits and I have to clean out the chicken coop later today, yuk. But the cast out "poo pile" that has been building outside at the wood line every time I clean it out will be put to good use around the flower beds. It's "cool" enough to use now. Can't use "hot" poo or you'll burn your plant babies up...
I think I'll procrastinate and have one more cup of coffee before I get in gear today. I have SO much to do that I don't even want to think about it, I'll just get overwhelmed by it all. When I get overwhelmed, very little actually gets done... I need a lesson in how to turn mountains into mole hills. I swear I do.
Everyone take care! Chat later!!
Horse poo is excellent to use. It doesn't smell as bad as cow poo, and it cools out faster than chicken poo. Try some. It makes excellent natural fertilizer. Our farm has turned a vibrant shade of green....unfortunately, that beautiful color needs to be mowed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
East End Crossing road construction MESS! 6 hr LouisvilleKYreport 6
carla rushing/cody lane 7 hr Looks like 3
justin andrew hunter 8 hr Alicia 2
What time can inmates make calls from Louisvill... 8 hr LouisvilleKYreport 6
Rotten West End parents 9 hr LouisvilleKYreport 1
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 9 hr Confused 49
Which is Worst: Communism, or Satanism, or Capi... (Sep '13) 9 hr aceofspades 7
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Fri john 48
Last Post Wins (Mar '11) Jul 24 honeymylove 7,910