Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88022 Mar 28, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats on being a grandparent soon!!! Much joy in that! I have two and love them to pieces!!!!
I agree, congrats also to Rapid. I have two as well, one lives far away. But I hope the one that lives closer does not "love me to pieces". There would not be many pieces left, he is quite tall and carries 250 pounds of muscle. The kind of person to call if you are moving a wood stove. LOL
myop

Elizabethtown, KY

#88024 Mar 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't put a lot of faith in the weather people. A few years ago the Lexington weather guy reported that there would only be a slight dusting. We had 17 inches of "dusting". LOL He never did live that down.
lol... reminds me of that show "curb your enthusiasm" they had an episode where the local weather man kept predicting intense rain and hail for his off days so he could have the golf course to himself..lol :) very funny.

i still think they either roll dice or pull thunder cloud or sunshine figurines out of a hat while blind folded.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88025 Mar 29, 2013
myop was me... forgot to change it back from yesterday
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88026 Mar 29, 2013
Hello Betty, I can't sleep I have the wide eyes
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88027 Mar 29, 2013
just to warn everybody:

Phone scam prompts warning from state police

Kentucky State Police are warning of a phone phishing scam involving automated calls.

Listeners are told their bank’s debit card has been canceled and are then asked to enter their 16-digit card number and personal identification number, according to a press release from the state police Elizabethtown post.

Some who have been called told police the calls purport to be from Cecilian Bank, which has branches throughout Hardin County. State police said the calls are not coming from Cecilian Bank.

Police do not believe any information was hacked or obtained from Cecilian Banks, said Trooper Norman Chaffins, spokesman for the Elizabethtown post.

Some victims have entered personal information over the phone, he said.

Anyone receiving one of these calls should immediately hang up and call their bank, state police say.

Police also urge people not to give any personal information, pin numbers, or passwords over the phone and suggest asking for a call back number to verify the information they are requesting.

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...

wow......

whats sad is if there were a natural disaster or zombie apocaliss (as si robertson calls it) rest assured one of these worthless con artists will be sure to make it through <rolls eyes>
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88028 Mar 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
sigh... me too

hubby starts his vacation tomorrow and im convinced after many hours of trying to force sleep upon myself that im not going to be able to rest my head till he is back under this roof.

oh well...house is spotless... insomnia has its perks!
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#88029 Mar 29, 2013
myop wrote:
<quoted text>
lol... reminds me of that show "curb your enthusiasm" they had an episode where the local weather man kept predicting intense rain and hail for his off days so he could have the golf course to himself..lol :) very funny.
i still think they either roll dice or pull thunder cloud or sunshine figurines out of a hat while blind folded.
Good chuckle for this!!! Ya know, pulling figurines out of a hat just might work...but only on the days you don't want to golf then those days you gotta make sure you get the rain/hail!! Lol
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#88030 Mar 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, congrats also to Rapid. I have two as well, one lives far away. But I hope the one that lives closer does not "love me to pieces". There would not be many pieces left, he is quite tall and carries 250 pounds of muscle. The kind of person to call if you are moving a wood stove. LOL
Lol. Both of mine together would tip the scales at, oh, maybe 95 pounds ! But I sure could use a 250 pound stove mover some days! Lol

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88031 Mar 29, 2013
Some rain this morning. Hopefully it will warm up.
The Sentinel

United States

#88033 Mar 29, 2013
reheaded wood pecker wrote:
<quoted text>
love this thread but never posted before but i just gotta ask how to make that chocolate gravy
and a here ya go

Chocolate Gravy makes 8 servings

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt (opt)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (opt)
2 cups of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (opt)
1 tablespoon of butter

Mix together in a pot the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon . Add the milk and while stirring cook on medium heat until it thickens. Stir in the vanilla and butter and serve immediately with biscuits

enjoy ;)

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88034 Mar 29, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I had the "wide eyes" until around 4 in the morning, and was up at 6, as usual. Hate that when it happens.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88035 Mar 29, 2013
Good afternoon, my fine-feathered friends. I fell asleep at 4 A.M. last night, and I was awake at 6:30 this morning. So it's just about time to take a nap. I did some cleaning. It's a bit of a dreary day, but by Sunday, the weather is reported as getting warmer, into the 60s, thank goodness. Stein is already in the bed, with head upon the pillow. I think he is giving me a hint. Time to go for now. Hope that everyone has a nice, long weekend, including
Easter Sunday. Bye for now, Lala
Anne

Duluth, GA

#88036 Mar 29, 2013
The Sentinel wrote:
<quoted text>
and a here ya go
Chocolate Gravy makes 8 servings
Ingredients:
3/4 cup of sugar
1/4 cup of flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt (opt)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (opt)
2 cups of milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (opt)
1 tablespoon of butter
Mix together in a pot the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon . Add the milk and while stirring cook on medium heat until it thickens. Stir in the vanilla and butter and serve immediately with biscuits
enjoy ;)
Thank ya kindly! I'm putting this on my list and plan to do it soon!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88037 Mar 29, 2013
Yum yum yum.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#88038 Mar 29, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Yum yum yum.
mmmhmmm.... i will second that lol. there is not one single thing i can think of that does not taste better with the addition of chocolate or gravy.......

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88039 Mar 29, 2013
Haven't had that in a long time.
**sigh**
reheaded wood pecker

Owensboro, KY

#88040 Mar 29, 2013
hey thanks i really appreicate the recipe gonna try it easter morn
Waiyusotan

Lexington, KY

#88041 Mar 29, 2013
Theresa wrote:
If you haven't read, Israel is now being swarmed with millions of Locusts.
Yes! I saw that! It's like the Biblical day's. Isn't that something?
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#88042 Mar 29, 2013
Happy GOOD Friday birdthreaders. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend. I hope the Easter bunny fills all your Easter baskets. lol I hope he fills mine. haha

I am off for a fun filled time in the country.

Enjoy Easter and GOD BLESS.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88043 Mar 29, 2013
Good Friday has been good.
Even the birds liked it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley Sheehan = Cheating, Lying 26 min Heather 1
Louisville Cardinals vs Kentucky Wildcats Dec 2... 8 hr Oh No He Did Not 2
Police arrest seven people on drug charges at F... 8 hr bill 2
Kentucky wants to give illegal immigrants drive... (Nov '07) 10 hr Sniper II 22
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 10 hr FARTIN LOUD WMY F... 143
Mouse Moments - (Sep '11) 10 hr Righty Mouse 12,447
brad jones fairdale 12 hr sandwich 9
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News