Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,861 - 73,880 of 81,570 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Having trouble with my posts again today too, Betty. I think I'll shoot off a feedback to see what's up. Perhaps they've not been made aware of this glitch yet. And they can't fix what they don't know if broken.
(Whoa, on second though I hope this comment posts, HAHAHAHA)!!!!
By the way, you wouldn't happen to know a name for those orange looking 'maters would you? I had one last year that was kind of orange looking, and boy oh boy was that thing good. Juicy as heck too. I'd bet it was the same kind!! Wish I could find out what they are so I can put them in my own garden in a few weeks. Of course even if I could get seed right now, they'd have kind of a late start getting sprouted perhaps. Who knows, maybe it's even an heirloom that bears fruit faster... And better late than never!!
i gave up on starting them from seed...just started buying plants 9i have a patience problem with these sort of things which leads to over watering and over fertiilizing..... when i go get maters from him i will ask.... they were sooo good.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey, Betty. About that orange 'mater: What it ugly and really misshapen? That's what the one I had looked like. All humpy like with dips and folds all around it. But a big tomato, if that makes sense at all, LOL!
i ended up buying them all summer long from him.... some were perfect round but just not as red as i would think they would have to be to taste good... for flavor i like roma tomatoes but they fall apart turn into mush and i dont have any luck storing them.... these orangy tomatoes tasted alot like a roma but they cut so easy and really stayed together well on my blt.... i did get some that looked rather odd though... so it may be the same kind.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

well im off for now to do some baking and prepping for dinner tonight.

i have a portion of spiral ham (the part they dont cut) think im going to make some ham chunks up, add to the beans i put on in my wee hours of typing last night and make some corn bread.

was going to do crock pot hawaiian chicken bbq but i found out earlier when looking in the fridge that i did not thaw out a bag of chicken last night and instead thawed out a bag of ricotta cheese. guess tomorrow is going to be lasagna night.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

It's so nice to see this thread picking back up again today. Wonder where Hemp and Blue are though... And OJG? AW must be busy outside, knowing him. Also wonder how Imposter is doing on that new job and the change jar refill caper? A couple more people are MIA here lately too.

Betty, I just looked on Ebay for some orange tomatoes and I found two different species that look like what I had last year. One is called an "Amanda" tomato and the other is called an "Orange Giant". Both are said to be heirloom plants. What do you think??

On another note, I have had a huge sounding helicopter hovering over my house for the last 5 minutes or so. It sounds like a "close encounters of the third kind" drama out there. My windows are rattling and that thing isn't moving on like they normally do during their search slash pot-o-copter seasons. I can feel the vibration of the blades beating in my chest, that's how loud it is. Wonder if a criminal is on the loose? If someone is running from Mr Johnny Law, they'd be dang smart to avoid Nopes place. I stay locked and loaded, one or more of my guns are within reach at all times.
What the heck is going on out there in my woods I wonder??

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i gave up on starting them from seed...just started buying plants 9i have a patience problem with these sort of things which leads to over watering and over fertiilizing..... when i go get maters from him i will ask.... they were sooo good.
A month or so ago, I put seed in single serving yogurt cups that I save throughout the year for just that. I have some good size 'mater sprouts all ready to put out as soon as this danged weather decides to let me know what I should do, haha.

Green peppers and such, I buy at Lowes. I do have some Plum Granny seed that I want to spread out along the woodline this year. I saved them from last year. MAN, those things smell so good sitting in a container in the house each fall. Of course, pole beans are easy as pie to grow from seed and I have some set back, I'm ready.

One thing I have trouble with growing is corn for some reason. I don't know why..

Gonna try my hand at Cantaloupe this year for a change. I've never grown them before though, so I hope I'm successful. I adore cantaloupe. And honeydew melon as well.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

They didn't all die...

http://www.panoramio.com/photo_explorer#view=...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

actually, AW is being quite domestic indoors today. Laundered the bed linens and washed and ironed 7 Western Shirts. Those fake pearl snaps are tough to do, but sure look good when I am done. Maybe I ought to dress up and go out Two Stepping... not LOL After bending over the ironing board, this old man would have a hard time doing a one step or even putting on his boots. LOL

@Nope.. I am with you on the locked and loaded. I have several chambered and ready at any time.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

I am ready to plant by Bibb Lettuce and green onions. I can make a meal of that wilted in hot bacon grease and a touch of white vinegar and served up with corn bread melting in butter.

I plan to plant Roma beans and Purple Hull peas (a southern thing) and about a 1/4 acre of Silver Queen corn. I raised the "Bodacious" corn last year. The Silver Queen takes longer but has longer ears.

My friend raised some kind of oblong shaped black tomatoes last year. They did not look all that good, but were quite yummy. I need to find out what they were.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
actually, AW is being quite domestic indoors today. Laundered the bed linens and washed and ironed 7 Western Shirts. Those fake pearl snaps are tough to do, but sure look good when I am done. Maybe I ought to dress up and go out Two Stepping... not LOL After bending over the ironing board, this old man would have a hard time doing a one step or even putting on his boots. LOL
@Nope.. I am with you on the locked and loaded. I have several chambered and ready at any time.
There's not a gun in the world that will do you any good sitting around not loaded. That's my theory and I'm stickin' to it, LOL!!

I always get a chuckle out of people who leave their firearms unloaded. Locked up if you have young ones in the home, sure. But what the heck are the ones who don't have kids going to do if someone comes in on them at night? Grab that gun out of the nightstand and then ask the intruder to hold still while they load? Might just as well say "Oh by the way, can you stand still and then bend over for me while I shoot one of your butt cheeks off"! Bwaaahahaha.

Not to mention, if one of my critters happen to get into some kind of imminent danger outside, that's another a case where mere nano seconds can count. It could mean them living or dying. I'm not taking any chances either way.

All I have to do is aim.
(Or not. It depends on which gun I pick up first. I'm kind of partial to my 20 gage with those pretty little lead balls in the bright yellow shell casings, hehe. It must be a girl kind of thang).
Belie

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
I know the thread is slowing down. I don't think we have had the "hot flame" since UNA left. lol
Didn't see Blueminer posting, I hope he and his dad are doing okay. OJG? Hempburn? Hope everyone else is okay and getting ready for Spring/Summer.
This thread certainly is slowing down, I think mainly because we have run out of interesting topics to talk about. I have been spending much of my time on other websites browsing through hundreds of articles and I could literally spend hours each day posting interesting topics I have come across lately.

The following sites I think are very good in terms of wisdom and spirituality as it relates to current events:
http://shiftfrequency.com/penney-peirce-wisdo...
http://truthseeker1313.com/
http://lucas2012infos.wordpress.com/2013/03/1...
http://jhaines6.wordpress.com/

As for current geopolitical news and editorials I have found these to be the best:
http://www.veteranstoday.com/
http://www.globalresearch.ca/
http://rt.com/
http://www.presstv.ir/
http://beforeitsnews.com/
http://www.pakalertpress.com/

What we are told on our mainstream media is very different from what reality is which is why I seek alternative news sources on the internet. You get a more fair and balanced perspective which I think is closer to the truth.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Good evening belie, how have you been. I was thinking about you mostly pertaining to that last paragraph. Earlier I was on a site I never seen before but it caught my eye due to the title. It is long so I am just posting a couple paragraphs. It is worth reading since those "booms" don't get in the news much, just like the sinkholes.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Does Uptick in Mysterious "Booms" Foretell Mega-Quake?
Brandon Turbeville
Activist Post

Back in October, I wrote an article entitled “Numerous Reports of Mysterious Booms and Strange Lights Over South Carolina,” in which I described the sounds and vibrations heard and felt all across the Pee Dee region of South Carolina with some witnesses even describing strange lights in the sky at the time of the event.

These strange occurrences were eerily similar to those described by individuals all across the state of Michigan like Bob Powell of The Truth Is Viral, who was actually detained as a result of attempting to investigate the nature of these sounds and vibrations. Please see my article,“Investigation Continues Into Source of Strange Michigan Area ‘Explosions’ and Radiation Spikes” for a further description of what took place in Michigan.

Similar noises and vibrations were also felt in New Jersey around October, as I wrote in my article “New Mysterious 'Booms' Reported in New Jersey.”

Marion County dispatchers alone received more than 100 calls in ten minutes related to the “booms.”
The Post and Courier article, entitled,“’Pretty Good Shake’ hits area but what was it?” does, however, provide some interesting information when it states that the booms might have come as a result of the "Seneca Guns," a so-far-unexplained phenomenon felt along coasts around the world.” The article speculates that yet another series of booms in March 2011 were themselves the famed “Seneca Guns.”

For those unaware of this phenomena, the Seneca Guns, are described by the USGS in the following manner:

The term “Seneca guns” is just a name, not an explanation. It does not tell us anything about what causes these noises and shakings. The name originated in a short story that James Fennimore Cooper wrote during the 1800’s. The name refers to booms that have been heard on the shores of Lake Seneca and Lake Cayuga in New York State. The name has been applied to similar noises along the coasts of North Carolina, South Carolina, and Virginia. Similar booms are called Barisol guns in coastal India. These phenomena have also occurred in three widely separated places around the world. That’s about all we know about the Seneca guns.
Yet for all the inability to determine the nature of the Seneca Guns, we do know that such sounds and vibrations have been linked to earthquakes, with some of these booms occurring during earthquakes with varying intensity, with others occurring shortly before or after the earthquake actually takes place.

What might be particularly concerning to those living on the Eastern seaboard is the fact that these exact kinds of sounds were heard either before, during, or after the two of the biggest geological events on the East Coast to have occurred in American history – The 1886 Charleston Earthquake and the 1811-1812 New Madrid Earthquake.

There are also accounts which link “artillery-like” sounds occurring shortly before and during the New Madrid Earthquakes of 1811-1812

http://www.activistpost.com/2013/03/does-upti...

As you know I am always watching the map and the Madrid Fault Zone. If you seen the map today it showed those icons on the map as soon as you click on it. Those "booms" I have not heard, at least not since the Armor Center left Fort Knox and went to Ga.

I hope you have a nice and warm evening. Thanks for the links. I might even check out the articles this activist mentions too.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

For the BIRDS:

Raptor Resource Project
~ First Red-tailed Hawk Egg ~

The Red-tailed hawks at Eaglecrest laid their first egg today! Female Stitch immediately began incubation. She will likely lay one or two more eggs two days apart, with an incubation period of twenty-eight to thirty-five days before the eggs hatch.

Here is a video of egg #1:
http://youtu.be/Uo-5RETmwDY

No update on the Eagles. I will have to check.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

19 funny photos of pets that are good for more than just cuddling

We all love cuddling up to Miss Mittens and scratching Fido behind the ears. But does that mean our furry companions can't also provide a little utilitarian value every now and then? We feed the silly creatures, give them baths, take them to the vet — and then there's potty training. Holding the remote or fetching a beer once in a while is the least they could do to. Click through these cute pet photos to see 19 ways to put your four-legged companions to work.

http://now.msn.com/useful-pets-funny-cat-and-...

betty, I loved the video of the three dogs and the guilty one high tailing it. too funny.

These are adorable. Especially the kid and dog on the couch with Dad? Enjoy

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

A cold night. I heard about snow. Don't like that. At all.
roamingalcoholic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Homeland Security buys 7,000 new assault rifles, 1.5 billion rounds including hollow point and sniper rounds, armored urban assault trucks issued to operate on Main Street USA, drones......Obama allows Homeland Security access to personal financial records……Homeland now monitoring E-mail and internet traffic……..Obama has an internet “kill” switch……..limited supply of gasoline/diesel…….

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Took the dog out and found that the squirrels haven't gone to bed yet. Those darn things. lol
roamingalcoholic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

dang squirrels !
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

roamingalcoholic wrote:
Homeland Security buys 7,000 new assault rifles, 1.5 billion rounds including hollow point and sniper rounds, armored urban assault trucks issued to operate on Main Street USA, drones......Obama allows Homeland Security access to personal financial records……Homeland now monitoring E-mail and internet traffic……..Obama has an internet “kill” switch……..limited supply of gasoline/diesel…….
Yikes.

I thought it would end up being the NWO, Illuminati, or Zionists that got us in the end. I never dreamed it would be our own government.
You kooky nutcase, you might just be on to something.
roamingalcoholic

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

LOOK OUT
Experts on infectious diseases Thursday warned people to stay away from bats worldwide after the recent death of an eight-year-old boy bitten .
The boy last month became the third person to die of bat lyssavirus (ABLV), for which there is no effective treatment.

human-to-human transmission of the virus may be possible.

the boy was bitten during a family holiday .

Three weeks later he began to suffer convulsions, abdominal pain and fever, followed by progressive brain problems.

Doctors frantically tried to establish what was wrong and on day 10 of his admission the lyssavirus was detected.

He fell into a coma and died on February 22.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
19 funny photos of pets that are good for more than just cuddling
We all love cuddling up to Miss Mittens and scratching Fido behind the ears. But does that mean our furry companions can't also provide a little utilitarian value every now and then? We feed the silly creatures, give them baths, take them to the vet — and then there's potty training. Holding the remote or fetching a beer once in a while is the least they could do to. Click through these cute pet photos to see 19 ways to put your four-legged companions to work.
http://now.msn.com/useful-pets-funny-cat-and-...
betty, I loved the video of the three dogs and the guilty one high tailing it. too funny.
These are adorable. Especially the kid and dog on the couch with Dad? Enjoy
Hey sweets, how's it goin'? Dang cold for the first day of spring wasn't it? No wait...its the second day.
Still cold though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Growing up at St .Thomas St .Vincent Orphanage ? (Sep '10) 19 min cynthia boling 72
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr cathyjudy 26,185
Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 7 hr shew 1,014
Which innocent LMPD slain is most despicable? (Nov '13) 9 hr Fritz 16
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 11 hr Fired 47
Crack is Whack 11 hr LouisvilleKYreport 1
Shot fired during McDonald's robbery on Preston... 12 hr LouisvilleKYreport 10
•••
•••
•••
Louisville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••