Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,704

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
bobbln

United States

#87489 Mar 18, 2013
Red, red robin goes bob,bobin along.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87490 Mar 18, 2013
Black momma wrote:
Why can't I make meatloaf I have tried and tried and I am a good cook
Wash your hands, or if you prefer, put on rubber gloves (not the kind that young guys buy in the drugstore and keep in their wallets forever). Put all the ingredients in a large bowl, then plunge right in with those clean hands. Keep kneading the ingredients so they are well-mixed, then put in a baking pan, forming a loaf. This is a sure-fire way to get the meatloaf to stick together. It won't fall apart, and you can cut it into slices, then serve. Got it? The preceding information comes from the worst chef alive.

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#87491 Mar 18, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
@ BigStevie ; A magician was putting a big show on one night. He did a few good tricks to get everyones attention, then said ok for my next trick I will need a volunter , because this trick is very dangerous, so he looks over the audiance and picks the biggest dude he could find and tells him to come up on stage. the magician hands him a two pound ballpin hammer and says ok, when I tell you, hit me right between the eyes as hard as you can with that hammer ! the ole big boy said, Man thats going to hurt you. The magician said Don't worry, I've done this before. So he puts his hands behind his back and says ok now hit me. So the guy draws back the hammer and pops him right in the forehead. The magician falls flat on his back, Out cold. everyone gets quiet waiting on him to get up, but he never did. After awhile, the ambulance came and hauld him to the hostpitle, where he laid in a coma for several months. The ole boy that hit him got to feeling bad about it, thought maybe he hit him too hard, so he went and sat beside his bed every day. Finally one day the magician started moving his feet and hands , Raised up in bed, lifted up his arms and Said ; Tah- Dah !!!
HA-HA!!! That's a good 'ern, RF, and thank you for sharing it with me! Have a wonderful day and, if you will check below, you'll find another story in the ongoing saga of WTF, and his family. Thanks again!

Level 1

Location hidden

#87493 Mar 18, 2013
Good morning, my fine feathered friends. Right now, the weather is rainy and very raw. The blowing wind goes right through to your bones. Hubby has been talking about moving to Machiasport, Maine, which is fairly close to one of my dear friends. However, my smartphone gave the weather report for this place and it is 12 degrees and windy. That might change his mind. Other than the weather and proximity to the Atlantic Ocean, Maine's rural scenery is almost identical to Kentucky's. I'd like to be there around Christmas time, with the heavy snow, but as soon as the holidays are gone, I'd be gone with the wind as well. I've gotten too used to Kentucky's temperate climate to move anytime soon.

Level 1

Location hidden

#87494 Mar 18, 2013
I imagine that AW has his woodstove cranked up this morning, with dog lying on his carpet, staying nice and warm. Stein does not want to go out to visit his tree, and when I call him, he crouches down and lays his ears back in hopes that he will become invisible. I may have to accompany him to the tree to make sure that he does his business.

Stein is well housebroken and rarely has an accident in the house. Well, he tried to hold back as much as he could but he had to produce a biscuit or two. I keep a litterbox in the small, half bathroom, so that kitty can relieve herself. Stein is very bright, and got the idea that he could use it as well. He missed by a couple of inches and left a biscuit behind. He knew that he did something wrong, and was slinking about the house. I cued in to his peculiar behavior and started looking around. Sure enough, there was his errant "biscuit." I should have scolded him, but I was laughing so hard, I just couldn't. And who could blame him! It was darned cold, windy, and rainy last night. Poor Stein cannot dress for the weather, and only has a short fur coat to protect himself from the elements.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87495 Mar 18, 2013
Into the 4th hour of thunder, lightning, and heavy rains. Dog chowed down too much on a hambone and left a choice barf and guess who stepped in it when the electric went off and it was dark? LOL
He does not leave any treats from either end unless he is feeling bad.

I don't have the wood stove going, it has been raining too much to bring in more wood and it is plenty warm enough in here without it. Just watching the creek rolling and the green grass. April Showers came in March. Maybe we will have May flowers in April.

Level 1

Location hidden

#87496 Mar 18, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Into the 4th hour of thunder, lightning, and heavy rains. Dog chowed down too much on a hambone and left a choice barf and guess who stepped in it when the electric went off and it was dark? LOL
He does not leave any treats from either end unless he is feeling bad.
I don't have the wood stove going, it has been raining too much to bring in more wood and it is plenty warm enough in here without it. Just watching the creek rolling and the green grass. April Showers came in March. Maybe we will have May flowers in April.
LOL, hope so. This is the first time that Stein has left anything from his innards. I gave him a pass this time. Actually, the little guy first discovered the biscuit by stepping in it, and he acted as if the world was coming to an end. LOL. Stein was pretty smart in trying to use the litter box...he just miscalculated.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#87497 Mar 18, 2013
Hey guys. It's been a while. I've had a rough few days. I lost one of my beloved critter babies. I've been really depressed and I'm still not quite dealing with it very well yet. I will miss her dearly and it was so sudden. I wasn't prepared for her to die at all. No signs that anything was wrong, so I guess it was old age.. My critter babies are my reasons for breathing and loosing one hurts so deeply. I'm going to be lost for quite a while yet. At least I know she was happy and I gave her the best life possible. She wanted for nothing and got the best of everything, just as they all do. The others are keeping me comforted.
(I swear, they know and I honestly think that they understand what happened. I swear they do).

Lala, your story of the "cookie" made me chuckle though. I have the same thing happen here once in every great while. I guess they DO think that as long as the cat can go potty there, that in an emergency their human Momma won't get too pissed off. And they're right. That was so cute to read this morning. I've done just what you did, quietly chuckle and just clean it up and go on.... Gotta love them and the way they can reason things out in an emergency, hehe.

AW, I've hit little surprises like that on the floor too. Thankfully it doesn't happen often though. It's usually something the cat has puked up, hehe. Once I get over the gag reflex, I'm able to deal reasonably well, hehe. My cat has decided now though that it doesn't want to go outside any more. For a feral cat, he's surely gotten spoiled in the last two years since I started letting it come inside. Lucky though now that it's an indoor cat, I don't have to wipe up puked and half digested Katydids or Grasshoppers any more at least. Not to mention the occasional regurgitated 'what in the heck did that use to be' mess.
(Whew, just thinking about it, gag me now)....
:)

It's storming like heck over my way. I expect my power to possibly go off shortly. Thunder is shaking the walls and the lights have blinked a couple of times already. So with that, I'll close for now before the computer zaps off and I loose this post.

You all take care. Glad to see everyone posting. It's good for me after what just happened, I needed to see some normalcy again. Gotta try to get my routine back on track. This has been a rough one on me. I'm simply heartbroken over loosing a dear critter that I'd had for so long.

(And for the one(s) on here complaining about our bird thread, here's a tidbit of advice: Move along.... I wonder if the gossip and trashing forums are more to your liking? As you can see, we don't do that on this one. Kindly step aside while we politely chat with each other for another 15 plus years or so, hehe. God willing, of course)....
i think

Hyden, KY

#87498 Mar 18, 2013
life wrote:
It's a sign of what's to come! When we lose our natural inhabitants, It's usually not a good looking outcome for the rest of us. Lets keep drilling for oil and creating the next precription medication!....Because we need it.
for one comment i have read you are on track.i think our biggest problem will come just like the bible said it would, fire and brimstone.now most know what brimstone is it comes from volcanoes .so god plainly tell us what going happen to us.we going rob all the earths coolant that keeps the earth cool like oil coal and other things that plays its role in cooling our earth.the more we get the hotter the earth becomes from the hot core that in the middle of the earth.man is destroying the earth from within not the ozone layer.it all begins right her from beneath us..watch as the earth quakes become more and more and volcanoes become more and more .they have to increase they cant slow down the antifreeze of the earth is being removed to fast.
it sure

Hyden, KY

#87499 Mar 18, 2013
i think wrote:
<quoted text>for one comment i have read you are on track.i think our biggest problem will come just like the bible said it would, fire and brimstone.now most know what brimstone is it comes from volcanoes .so god plainly tell us what going happen to us.we going rob all the earths coolant that keeps the earth cool like oil coal and other things that plays its role in cooling our earth.the more we get the hotter the earth becomes from the hot core that in the middle of the earth.man is destroying the earth from within not the ozone layer.it all begins right her from beneath us..watch as the earth quakes become more and more and volcanoes become more and more .they have to increase they cant slow down the antifreeze of the earth is being removed to fast.
seems that way..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87500 Mar 18, 2013
@Nope.. I don't have any cats and don't want any unless they stay outdoors. I once had to rip out the entire floor down to the the floor joists of some rental property that I had erroneously allowed the tenant to keep cats. I even had to bleach the joists.

But Dog is a different story. He does not like to go out in the rain but insists on being wherever I am, so I just put on my rain coat and hat and go out with him. I have no neighbors to see me using the tree either. Problem solved. LOL

Weather forecast seems right or at least close for once. It said the rains would stop at 2:30 here and they missed it by 30 minutes. The storms quit about 30 minutes ago. I had a bucket sitting outside that had 6 inches of rain water in it.

Level 1

Location hidden

#87501 Mar 18, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Nope.. I don't have any cats and don't want any unless they stay outdoors. I once had to rip out the entire floor down to the the floor joists of some rental property that I had erroneously allowed the tenant to keep cats. I even had to bleach the joists.
But Dog is a different story. He does not like to go out in the rain but insists on being wherever I am, so I just put on my rain coat and hat and go out with him. I have no neighbors to see me using the tree either. Problem solved. LOL
Weather forecast seems right or at least close for once. It said the rains would stop at 2:30 here and they missed it by 30 minutes. The storms quit about 30 minutes ago. I had a bucket sitting outside that had 6 inches of rain water in it.
@Nope: I'm so sorry for your loss. It's like a member of the family died.

@Ancient Wolf: That's too bad about your rental property.But I can tell you this. Cats are neither destructive nor dirty. I have several in my house and there is NO cat odor at all. What you had was irresponsible tenants and irresponsible pet owners. Cats do not want to go into a filthy litter box, much the same as you would not want to go into a dirty bathroom. Well, you have the option of going into another stall, and if that did not please you, you could drive to the next rest stop to find a cleaner spot. Cats do not have those options. It is the owners' responsibility to keep the boxes CLEAM. With the new clumping litter, there is no excuse. Sorry for getting on my soapbox, I just feel sorry for the bad raps the cats get when lazy owners don't do what is necessary.
So true

Morgantown, KY

#87502 Mar 18, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Hey guys. It's been a while. I've had a rough few days. I lost one of my beloved critter babies. I've been really depressed and I'm still not quite dealing with it very well yet. I will miss her dearly and it was so sudden. I wasn't prepared for her to die at all. No signs that anything was wrong, so I guess it was old age.. My critter babies are my reasons for breathing and loosing one hurts so deeply. I'm going to be lost for quite a while yet. At least I know she was happy and I gave her the best life possible. She wanted for nothing and got the best of everything, just as they all do. The others are keeping me comforted.
(I swear, they know and I honestly think that they understand what happened. I swear they do).
Lala, your story of the "cookie" made me chuckle though. I have the same thing happen here once in every great while. I guess they DO think that as long as the cat can go potty there, that in an emergency their human Momma won't get too pissed off. And they're right. That was so cute to read this morning. I've done just what you did, quietly chuckle and just clean it up and go on.... Gotta love them and the way they can reason things out in an emergency, hehe.
AW, I've hit little surprises like that on the floor too. Thankfully it doesn't happen often though. It's usually something the cat has puked up, hehe. Once I get over the gag reflex, I'm able to deal reasonably well, hehe. My cat has decided now though that it doesn't want to go outside any more. For a feral cat, he's surely gotten spoiled in the last two years since I started letting it come inside. Lucky though now that it's an indoor cat, I don't have to wipe up puked and half digested Katydids or Grasshoppers any more at least. Not to mention the occasional regurgitated 'what in the heck did that use to be' mess.
(Whew, just thinking about it, gag me now)....
:)
It's storming like heck over my way. I expect my power to possibly go off shortly. Thunder is shaking the walls and the lights have blinked a couple of times already. So with that, I'll close for now before the computer zaps off and I loose this post.
You all take care. Glad to see everyone posting. It's good for me after what just happened, I needed to see some normalcy again. Gotta try to get my routine back on track. This has been a rough one on me. I'm simply heartbroken over loosing a dear critter that I'd had for so long.
(And for the one(s) on here complaining about our bird thread, here's a tidbit of advice: Move along.... I wonder if the gossip and trashing forums are more to your liking? As you can see, we don't do that on this one. Kindly step aside while we politely chat with each other for another 15 plus years or so, hehe. God willing, of course)....
blessings, and hugs
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87503 Mar 18, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
@Nope: I'm so sorry for your loss. It's like a member of the family died.
@Ancient Wolf: That's too bad about your rental property.But I can tell you this. Cats are neither destructive nor dirty. I have several in my house and there is NO cat odor at all. What you had was irresponsible tenants and irresponsible pet owners. Cats do not want to go into a filthy litter box, much the same as you would not want to go into a dirty bathroom. Well, you have the option of going into another stall, and if that did not please you, you could drive to the next rest stop to find a cleaner spot. Cats do not have those options. It is the owners' responsibility to keep the boxes CLEAM. With the new clumping litter, there is no excuse. Sorry for getting on my soapbox, I just feel sorry for the bad raps the cats get when lazy owners don't do what is necessary.
That is exactly my point. Inside cats require much more responsibility from owners than a dog. I can send the dog out or go with him with my raincoat, if it is raining. I am not going to scoop up cat doo even from a litter box LOL I have a small sized short haired dog, but I also would not have a long haired big dog in my house. I just don't need or want any additional responsibility. That could also be why I don't have any women living here. But that does not mean that I don't like cats or women, I just like them to be somewhere else. LOL
Sandy

Aiken, SC

#87505 Mar 18, 2013
What....oh goodness

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87506 Mar 18, 2013
Well, after this mornings flooding, I am happy it's drier and safer.
Arthur Dent

Murray, KY

#87507 Mar 18, 2013
This thread is so surreal. Like the man who rules the world in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy talking randomly. It's like there is some hidden message in all this. Kinda freaks me out.

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#87508 Mar 18, 2013
Arthur Dent wrote:
This thread is so surreal. Like the man who rules the world in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy talking randomly. It's like there is some hidden message in all this. Kinda freaks me out.
They are jamming the communication systems with jibber jabber. Highly technical process-- don't judge
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87510 Mar 19, 2013
I will take my turn at jamming the system with jibber jabber while the dog is out to the tree. Such a high-tech and highly skilled process really ought to pay better.

Level 1

Location hidden

#87512 Mar 19, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly my point. Inside cats require much more responsibility from owners than a dog. I can send the dog out or go with him with my raincoat, if it is raining. I am not going to scoop up cat doo even from a litter box LOL I have a small sized short haired dog, but I also would not have a long haired big dog in my house. I just don't need or want any additional responsibility. That could also be why I don't have any women living here. But that does not mean that I don't like cats or women, I just like them to be somewhere else. LOL
LOL, I have to agree with you. I love my cats, but I also wish they were not here. My two daughters brought many of them, then left me with the responsibility. I can't really blame them too much, because I probably would have done the same, rescuing them from deplorable situations, starving and weak, some being tortured cruelly. So here they are.
Anyway, I also agree with you about Dog and the tree visits. I have done the same as you, going out in the rain and making use of the patch of ground next to the tree. It just takes a little more maneuvering, so that I don't accidentally go in my shoe. But nobody sees me in back of the house, particularly during the wee hours of the morning. We do have coyotes very close by, and I must be vigilant or Stein, and perhaps myself, could be seen as a late night snack. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
best night spot to meet thirty something ladie... 14 min Rural 1
Why did Wave 3 Kevin & Carrie harned get divorce? (Aug '13) 3 hr luvthemkats1 38
mari stuart 12 hr cali 1
Grade lane hit and run (Travis Christy)This is ... (Nov '12) 21 hr Lisa 129
wiliam brewer aka disco Tue sarah 2
Mitch McConnell Alison Grimes Tue rick 18
Nude female models... (Jan '13) Mon Sparky 15
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Nov 17 Vinohutch20 259
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:44 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports12:44PM
Devon Still calls child support story "untruthful"