Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,680

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87393 Mar 14, 2013
Another Beautiful day! I'm thankful that it's going to be a bit warmer today. That wind will cut you in half some days!~

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87394 Mar 14, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Old man gout has smashed my big toe with a sledgehammer and woke me up.
I filed and paid income taxes for 47 years, that's long enough. Probably paid close to a half million in those years. I sure could use it now and I don't feel bad at all about being in the percentage that don't now earn enough to pay.
And anyone that claims that Social Security is a government handout, is a liar. I paid dearly for all those years and could have more now had I invested it myself, even at a low percentage rate.
You are absolutely right. I paid LOTS of money into social security and medicare tax...for 39 years. In addition I paid an extra 13%(I think) for self employment tax. That sure broke my piggy bank. I loved my work and would have gladly continued if I had not become legitimately disabled....and no I don't draw a "crazy check," it's for physical disability.I am certain that what I draw out won't even come close to what I put in for all those years. Had I been able to invest it instead, I would have had much more money to fall back on now.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87395 Mar 14, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely right. I paid LOTS of money into social security and medicare tax...for 39 years. In addition I paid an extra 13%(I think) for self employment tax. That sure broke my piggy bank. I loved my work and would have gladly continued if I had not become legitimately disabled....and no I don't draw a "crazy check," it's for physical disability.I am certain that what I draw out won't even come close to what I put in for all those years. Had I been able to invest it instead, I would have had much more money to fall back on now.
I totally agree, except that Self Employment tax is now 15% right off the top even before taking any deductions. Essentially, you are paying the normal 7.5% that you would have paid if working for an employer, plus the 7.5% matching amount that the employer would have paid on your behalf.

What most people do not realize is that not only do they pay into Social Security and Medicare, their employer pays a matching amount. That is why many companies "down-size". For every $10 paid to a worker, the average cost to the company in government payments and benefits is around $14 and that is even before the corporation has to pay corporate taxes.

I worked the last 10 years of my career as a self employed contractor even though I only worked for one company. It benefited the company financially in that they did not have to pay SS and Medicare or health benefits or for Worker's Compensation insurance or into Unemployment benefits. If they did not need me any more, it was just the end and I could not even draw unemployment compensation.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87396 Mar 14, 2013
Good morning birdthreaders. Whoa...28 degrees, brrr, that old man winter just don't want to give up. I hope you all had a pleasant night.

Here is some videos to make you smile. They are too cute:

Corgi Puppy's Hilarious Reaction to Seeing Herself in the Mirror

When seeing herself in the mirror for the very first time, this Corgi puppy had QUITE the reaction! Check out what she does, it's entirely too cute. This silly puppy is such a wonderful gift from God.:)

http://www.godvine.com/Corgi-Puppy-s-Hilariou...

Compassionate Dog Feeds Orphaned Lamb With Bottle

This little lamb lost her mommy and became an orphan, but lucky for her, this family dog became her adoptive mother! Feeding her milk and keeping her company, this pooch is just what this lamb needs to survive.

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-Feeds-Orphaned-Lam...

Super Cute Dog Walks Just Like a Human

A special little dog does something SO cute in the middle of a store! The smart puppy taught himself to walk on his hind legs, just like a human! God's animals can do the most amazing things.

http://www.godvine.com/Super-Cute-Dog-Walks-J...

That dog is just too cute. I hope you all have a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87397 Mar 14, 2013
@Oglala... Further, I calculated once that based on what I had paid in versus what I would draw; that I will have to live until age 93 to just break even. I don't think that is going to happen.

My poor wife paid in for many years and never collected anything, except I did collect the measily $255 death benefit to help defray the costs of the $7500 funeral. Lots of help... NOT.
stuck with

United States

#87398 Mar 14, 2013
26,000 debt.
dr spark

AOL

#87399 Mar 14, 2013
i just saw a bald eagle soaring in the skys over down town columbia,...
{ not a buzard !}

i'll bet he wont stay long ,...

nothing to see down there ,....

just passing through ,...
betting things up in c ville , i guess
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87400 Mar 14, 2013
AB, cute little videos. Daughter and I loved them all. @ AW and Lala honestly, it angers me to know of Folks lying about medical problems to get a disability check. I don't feel that a person who is afraid to socialize with others should qualify for a free $800 check. They should be forced to integrate into the workplace.Folks who have contributed to being retired or are disabled by an honest reason should be compensated more. The honest Folks often suffer while the dishonest ones get their money for free. Most often children stand by their freeloading family. Well, the two of you have worked and have integrity that means more than anything;) I know, you all seem happier than someone I know who often complains about that check. Mental problems does not mean a person cannot work...and to get a raise then complain about it when you've never contributed to a steady income in the first place. Thanks to the Creator for small blessings. They brightn my days;) As I know good Folks like you appreciate instead of complain. I don't like misery myself. I avoid it like the bramble bushes.Sun is out. Daughter says she's never heard so much twitterpating. Hehehe.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87401 Mar 14, 2013
A local funeral home charges around $2300 for a cremation. I was told by the proprietor several years ago that if the fee was paid up front then if you were to pass 10 years or so down the road, no extra charges would be added. This is a facility that has a crematorium. I discovered years ago that if one has financial difficulties and don't want to cause financial stress to family, this is the cheaper route to go. Fine day to All.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87402 Mar 14, 2013
What I mean by free check? I mean this, a person who knows the are getting something they never contributed to versus hardworking, retired and genuinely disabled Folks. Good, morally upstanding Folks. That do not lie to their psychiatrist who is there to help them. Then laugh when they, the patient, pulls the wool over the physicians eyes. I told a person once: How do suppose you'll get treated if you aren't honest with the Doctor? Total silence.Off here for now. Blessings to OJG and her Dad. May his health improve soon.
you can work

United States

#87403 Mar 14, 2013
S.S.-fraud
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#87404 Mar 14, 2013
For years paid into SS. Finally found out to work on my own,purchase and paid into an annuity,now retired with twice what SS would pay.SS is not the best way,based on where you could be.Not only that,the gov`t reaches in and spends the SS trust fund.
Clock

Lexington, KY

#87405 Mar 14, 2013
I haven't seen a dead bird yet! Where are they? I've seen squirrels,coons,skunks,deer and cats on the road dead but, no birds have I seen...
credit pulled

United States

#87406 Mar 14, 2013
No more credit left. Where credit isn't due. Interest is too high. I can't buy you, money limit is low. I'm buying my own credit. Nothing for free. We work for ours. Don't want your approval.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87407 Mar 14, 2013
Well, it's clouded up again. More rain coming in. Not too thrilled about that!
dr spark

AOL

#87409 Mar 14, 2013
now's the time to apply for SS disability -
obama will NOT refuse any body ,...

are you tire of working ?
tired of getting up at 6.30 AM every day ?
apply now ,...
before the republicans try to stop it all ---
why work ?
work is for fools !
dr spark

AOL

#87410 Mar 14, 2013
i personally know 5 people collecting SSI disability ,...
3 of them are under 30 ,..,..they just dont like working ,..

now they can stay home and play on the Internet all day long ,..
they all sleep till noon ,....
stay up alll night long ,...
they got it made

two are in their 50's -
they joke about it , and call it early retirement
they think they are entitled to it all ,..
and think they deserve even more money
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87411 Mar 14, 2013
dr spark wrote:
i personally know 5 people collecting SSI disability ,...
3 of them are under 30 ,..,..they just dont like working ,..
now they can stay home and play on the Internet all day long ,..
they all sleep till noon ,....
stay up alll night long ,...
they got it made
two are in their 50's -
they joke about it , and call it early retirement
they think they are entitled to it all ,..
and think they deserve even more money
Well, Dr. Spark, guess they lack morality, integrity and good work ethics. I myself prefer to work. Lackadaisical and mental are not two words that I would want to be referred. LOL. I wouldn't say folks like that " have it made." There is more financially gained by being employed privately or publicly. These citizens just use resources that for all intended purposes should be legitimately helping the good Folks who deserve the little bit they can get. Scoundrels:(
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87412 Mar 14, 2013
Hello my chirping friends,

I am sorry I have not been posting. I have extra research this week and next week...AND, as Lala would love for me to report, I have been taking too much social time! LOL Not the internet kind either. I think I need to check emails, my father said I emailed him weight loss stuff! OMGosh! He has his surgery on the 21st. <sigh> Between the worry for my father and the new friends, I have lost all focus, which is making it take a lot longer to get anything done.

I will post as much as I can, but it will be rough until after next week. I did want to stop and and pass out (((hugs))) and let you all know that you are always on my mind. Miss you guys!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87413 Mar 14, 2013
OMGosh!!!! I just noticed my new Williamson location. A local poster, that I cannot stand, has that same location. Oh YUCK!!!!! LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mcconnell or grimes 2 hr Hey 37
Richard 3 hr Fingerhut 1
Beshear urges public to lobby legislators for 7... (Mar '08) 3 hr SMOKIN BABOONS 7
Senate narrowly approves tax bill (Feb '09) 5 hr Ethel 2
Senate votes to require booster seats for children (Mar '08) 5 hr Ethel 5
Will You Be Voting Republican? 5 hr Suck it liberals 48
City Hall might go smoke-free (Jun '06) 5 hr Ethel 4
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance