Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Doodah

United States

#87284 Mar 11, 2013
yea sure wrote:
you people worry a lot about silly quakes , sink holes and jet vapor trails ,..
i worry that south Korea will sneak a nuke into San Francisco bay or the Potomac river via a small fishing boat,...
earth quakes can not be prevented ,....
south Korea can be stopped ,...
I'm worried about you wanting to stop South Korea.

It's North Korea that is the problem.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87285 Mar 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
By the way, I just happened to run across a news article about an outbreak of meningitis in gay men who live in NYC. It is not related to the fungal meningitis that was reported recently. That was caused by contamination in a lab manufacturing injectable steroids for back and knee arthritis.
This thing is new, and kills within hours. Several gay men were found dead in their apartments. Unfortunately, although people in this country are politically correct and accept or even embrace the gay lifestyle, they still have negative views privately. I'm concerned because this is how AIDS got started. There wasn't much concern about aggressively finding a cure for those living this lifestyle. Then the virus spread and spread and spread, causing concern for the safety of our blood supply. This problem could result in the same thing, but it is not being reported by mainstream media. Scary stuff.
Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting that those dead were male. My brother is gay. He, of course, is in the medical profession. I continue to worry because his promiscuity doesn't help matters. Very interesting indeed. I wonder, if the disease is spread anally? I'm being open minded about this because this is the main difference between the sexes. Hmmm.Thanks,Lala.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87286 Mar 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh lala, that "chip" threat has been proven false info many times since it got started. I would never agree to it if it was implemented. I would take my chances.
I should have made myself clearer. There is no present law about chipping people, and the details of the Affordable Care Act are still in flux. However, the chip idea has been introduced in the Reconciliation Act of 2010, Section 2521, Subtitle C-11. This bill was couched in obscure language, and the bill is 2300 pages long. It states that the Secretary shall establish a national medical care registry to study medical outcome data. I don't want to copy/paste the info.; it is much too long. But it does refer to an implantable device. Now, the bill did not become law, but legislators on both sides of the aisle approved this bill, and it was passed by Congresss and the Senate in March of 2010. It was meant to be incorporated into the larger Affordable Care Act, but through the many reiterations of the Act, it was "lost" in one of these transformations. So, you are correct, in that it is not law, but the guys in Congress and the Senate were certainly thinking about it, and it is not a done deal. I did not want to bog down in this detail, so I made only a casual reference, but I don't want to look like an idiot, so I am further explaining myself. My thought was, not today, but probably someday in the not too distant future.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

#87287 Mar 11, 2013
Go back to the Bible to get further info about the "chip",or the marking on everyone to allow for buying and sellin on the World`s people.4092
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87288 Mar 11, 2013
some have had a chip on their shoulders for years, while others are a chip off the old block, and I say "let the chips fall where they may" LOL

Not much worries me including some irrational Congress people and some of their inane ideas. I just come on here to communicate with good people and have enjoyed discussing some of the old ways that we might need to return to if the SHTF.

Those that have difficulty existing in this land of conveniences, will be in real trouble if such an event occurs. The rest of us (while being a little inconvenienced) will keep on keeping on. Now where did I leave my electric tooth brush? hahaha
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87289 Mar 11, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for sharing. I find it interesting that those dead were male. My brother is gay. He, of course, is in the medical profession. I continue to worry because his promiscuity doesn't help matters. Very interesting indeed. I wonder, if the disease is spread anally? I'm being open minded about this because this is the main difference between the sexes. Hmmm.Thanks,Lala.
Hi folks ! thought i'd catch up a little on this ole rain day ! This Is my insight on homosexual rights law ; It should be Illegal for numerous reasons but the main reason being, To protect the human race from extinction. If or when the whole world became gay,it would'nt take but a couple of generations for humans to cease to exist, because there would not be any breeding going on. Humans just as other mamals are made or created to multiply by a penis being inserted into a vagina, expelling sperm into an egg...NOT by two eggs joining together or sperm fighting. It's not how we were created. it's not meant to be. Not to mention all the desease it has spread and or made. I would compare it to everyone driving their cars in reverse every where we go. Imagine that, hahaha! it just would'nt work out would it ? just a little food for thought my little feathered friends, but don't think Too hard and Hurt yourself ! hehehe!
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87290 Mar 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
some have had a chip on their shoulders for years, while others are a chip off the old block, and I say "let the chips fall where they may" LOL
Not much worries me including some irrational Congress people and some of their inane ideas. I just come on here to communicate with good people and have enjoyed discussing some of the old ways that we might need to return to if the SHTF.
Those that have difficulty existing in this land of conveniences, will be in real trouble if such an event occurs. The rest of us (while being a little inconvenienced) will keep on keeping on. Now where did I leave my electric tooth brush? hahaha
Hey ! Thats funny stuff right there. lol., Myself, I Love Chips, especially the barbeque ones ! haha!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87291 Mar 11, 2013
@Rapid.. I am thinking that the more gay guys there are, the better my chances are with the women LOL and as far as gay women, most are not very desirable anyways. No Problem. LOL
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87292 Mar 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Low frequency radio waves wreaking havoc in the ocean.? responsible for fish die-offs. Just wait till we are all chipped, which will be coming soon, ostensibly to "help" people who have medical conditions. I am suspicious that there may be other reasons to "chip" the population. Who knows.
We are living in dangerous times.
Um, don't get me going! ha! Many Americans (in the 100s of thousands) are being monitored and having their information stored in a clearing house in the UK. Now, and it may already be completed, we are building our own clearing house here. Knowing this keeps me skeptical about all these "smart" TVs and such, let alone chips. Chips, which are already in cell phones, make for great tracking devices. Now, most should have nothing to worry about, right?=)
Clock

Lexington, KY

#87293 Mar 11, 2013
Did you hear about the 3 million dollar Redneck Lottery? The winner gets 3 dollars for a million years.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87294 Mar 11, 2013
yea sure wrote:
contrails,....
just water vapor made by high flying airplanes ,...they are seen in flyover country as mysterious ,..but are completely harmless
sinkholes ,...
when a cave roof weakens and collapses ,..
here in Kentucky ,..there are literally a million miles worth of unexplored and undiscovered caverns ,...
dont be surprised when one caves in ,..
north Korea already has the a bomb ,...
they dont need a ICBM to deliver it ,.
they can simply stick one in a shipping container and ship it as legitimate cargo ,...
or sell it to our enemies in the mid east ,..
so wake up ,.
forget about big foot and shadow people ,..
the real dangers of this world are far more scary than imaginative monsters and vivid government conspiracies
Our enemies in the Middle East can bring them in the shipping containers. That IS one of the biggest threats our country faces at home. Enemies in the Middle East have access to more than you would think and many forms of delivery.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87295 Mar 11, 2013
LOL, really?

Virgo

Today's New Moon in your opposite sign will allow you a new start in personal relationships. Personal soul searching and analyzing your past has been painful, but it has also opened the way for deeper connections. You may be afraid to take the next step, but it really is the right time. Even if all you do is say hello to a co-worker you don't know well but would like to get to know better, you have made progress.

I gotta love Topix horoscopes!
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87296 Mar 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
lala, I haven't heard about that "gay" disease killing in New York. I did see this though:
Antibiotic resistance a "catastrophic threat" - medical chief
LONDON (Reuters)- Antibiotic resistance poses a catastrophic threat to medicine and could mean patients having minor surgery risk dying from infections that can no longer be treated, Britain's top health official said on Monday.
Sally Davies, the chief medical officer for England, said global action is needed to fight antibiotic, or antimicrobial, resistance and fill a drug "discovery void" by researching and developing new medicines to treat emerging, mutating infections.
Only a handful of new antibiotics have been developed and brought to market in the past few decades, and it is a race against time to find more, as bacterial infections increasingly evolve into "superbugs" resistant to existing drugs.
"Antimicrobial resistance poses a catastrophic threat. If we don't act now, any one of us could go into hospital in 20 years for minor surgery and die because of an ordinary infection that can't be treated by antibiotics," Davies told reporters as she published a report on infectious disease.
"And routine operations like hip replacements or organ transplants could be deadly because of the risk of infection."
One of the best known superbugs, MRSA, is alone estimated to kill around 19,000 people every year in the United States - far more than HIV and AIDS - and a similar number in Europe.
And others are spreading. Cases of totally drug resistant tuberculosis have appeared in recent years and a new wave of "super superbugs" with a mutation called NDM 1, which first emerged in India, has now turned up all over the world, from Britain to New Zealand.
Last year the WHO said untreatable superbug strains of gonorrhoea were spreading across the world.
Laura Piddock, a professor of microbiology at Birmingham University and director of the campaign group Antibiotic Action, welcomed Davies' efforts to raise awareness of the problem.
"There are an increasing number of infections for which there are virtually no therapeutic options, and we desperately need new discovery, research and development," she said.
Davies called on governments and organisations across the world, including the World Health Organisation and the G8, to take the threat seriously and work to encourage more innovation and investment into the development of antibiotics.
"Over the past two decades there has been a discovery void around antibiotics, meaning diseases have evolved faster than the drugs to treat them," she said.
Davies called for more cooperation between the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries to preserve the existing arsenal of antibiotics, and more focus on developing new ones.
Increasing surveillance to keep track of drug-resistant superbugs, prescribing fewer antibiotics and making sure they are only prescribed when needed, and ensuring better hygiene to keep infections to a minimum were equally important, she said.
Nigel Brown, president of the Society for General Microbiology, agreed the issues demanded urgent action and said its members would work hard to better understand infectious diseases, reduce transmission of antibiotic resistance, and help develop new antibiotics.
"The techniques of microbiology and new developments such as synthetic biology will be crucial in achieving this," he said.
http://news.yahoo.com/antibiotic-resistance-c...
There are several news reorts. I checkd out a couple earier. It startedback in September.

NYC Dep’t Of Health Warns Gay Men Of “Terrifying” Meningitis Outbreak, Urges Vaccination

Full story here: http://www.queerty.com/nyc-dept-of-health-war...
Read more at http://www.queerty.com/nyc-dept-of-health-war...
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87297 Mar 11, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
lala, I haven't heard about that "gay" disease killing in New York. I did see this though:
LONDON (Reuters)- Antibiotic resistance poses a catastrophic threat to medicine and could mean patients having minor surgery risk dying from infections that can no longer be treated, Britain's top health official said on Monday.
Sally Davies, the chief medical officer for England, said global action is needed to fight antibiotic, or antimicrobial, resistance and fill a drug "discovery void" by researching and developing new medicines to treat emerging, mutating infections.
Only a handful of new antibiotics have been developed and brought to market in the past few decades, and it is a race against time to find more, as bacterial infections increasingly evolve into "superbugs" resistant to existing drugs.
"Antimicrobial resistance poses a catastrophic threat. If we don't act now, any one of us could go into hospital in 20 years for minor surgery and die because of an ordinary infection that can't be treated by antibiotics," Davies told reporters as she published a report on infectious disease.
"And routine operations like hip replacements or organ transplants could be deadly because of the risk of infection."
One of the best known superbugs, MRSA, is alone estimated to kill around 19,000 people every year in the United States - far more than HIV and AIDS - and a similar number in Europe.
And others are spreading. Cases of totally drug resistant tuberculosis have appeared in recent years and a new wave of "super superbugs" with a mutation called NDM 1, which first emerged in India, has now turned up all over the world, from Britain to New Zealand.
Last year the WHO said untreatable superbug strains of gonorrhoea were spreading across the world.
Laura Piddock, a professor of microbiology at Birmingham University and director of the campaign group Antibiotic Action, welcomed Davies' efforts to raise awareness of the problem.
"There are an increasing number of infections for which there are virtually no therapeutic options, and we desperately need new discovery, research and development," she said.
Davies called on governments and organisations across the world, including the World Health Organisation and the G8, to take the threat seriously and work to encourage more innovation and investment into the development of antibiotics.
"Over the past two decades there has been a discovery void around antibiotics, meaning diseases have evolved faster than the drugs to treat them," she said.
Davies called for more cooperation between the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries to preserve the existing arsenal of antibiotics, and more focus on developing new ones.
Increasing surveillance to keep track of drug-resistant superbugs, prescribing fewer antibiotics and making sure they are only prescribed when needed, and ensuring better hygiene to keep infections to a minimum were equally important, she said.
Nigel Brown, president of the Society for General Microbiology, agreed the issues demanded urgent action and said its members would work hard to better understand infectious diseases, reduce transmission of antibiotic resistance, and help develop new antibiotics.
"The techniques of microbiology and new developments such as synthetic biology will be crucial in achieving this," he said.
A number of artcles about the gay threat, but here is one:

NYC Dep’t Of Health Warns Gay Men Of “Terrifying” Meningitis Outbreak, Urges Vaccination

OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87298 Mar 11, 2013
@AB
Abeliever wrote:
A number of artcles about the gay threat, but here is one:

jerrrrr

Los Angeles, CA

#87299 Mar 11, 2013
what birdies
qwerty

United States

#87301 Mar 11, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> Hey ! Thats funny stuff right there. lol., Myself, I Love Chips, especially the barbeque ones ! haha!
Da gubment been puttin chips in my cookies for years. But I keep eaten'em anyway. I keep it real!!!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87302 Mar 11, 2013
I'm going to chip in and buy my Dad a new burner for his old electric stove. Hehe. Raining this evening, still warm out. The froga are at it again...croak,croak.
wizard

Campbellsville, KY

#87303 Mar 11, 2013
@ abeliever thanks for the info, kind new to this stuff so thanks to everybody been reading stuff on underground cities,population control,such as gulf war Illness (GWI), and many other "new" diseases were intentionally bioengineered in laboratories. so i"am tryin to sort it all out thanks for any help really have been taken back.by the new info.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87304 Mar 11, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
I'm going to chip in and buy my Dad a new burner for his old electric stove. Hehe. Raining this evening, still warm out. The froga are at it again...croak,croak.
If the electric goes out and the old stove doesn't work, then he could do like the pioneers and just burn some buffalo chips.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Woman accused of hitting father of her children... 2 hr Sara Rose 4
Louisville woman charged with attempted murder 2 hr Sara Rose 5
Matthew Eckert v. Sandra McLaughlin for 30th Di... 3 hr Sara Rose 3
White women or White men... whose on top of Ame... 3 hr Sara Rose 1
The blonde that works at peddlers mall in Middl... 5 hr Trying to help 14
Will You Be Voting Republican? 7 hr Sam 35
Germantown Car Sleepers 8 hr Watchful Eye 1
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) Oct 13 Alexandria 254
Louisville Dating
Find my Match

Louisville Jobs

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]