Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,501 - 73,520 of 81,558 Comments Last updated 20 hrs ago
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Cranky old man has no time for menacing snake

Time is precious for people of a certain age, presumably because they would like to maximize the time they have left. Or maybe they're just so extraordinarily cranky that being briefly delayed by what appears to be a poisonous snake is cause for a throw-down. The young, able-bodied people stand way back with their smartphones recording as this man, roughly 127 years old, does to this snake what he has likely done to numerous whippersnappers that dared get in his way while he was headed for the latrine ever since he served as military police in the Crimean War.
http://now.msn.com/old-man-kicks-snake

Looks like the birds were hoping to make a meal out of the snake instead of the other way around.
tricks

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

You know what they say, people can make any dog do tricks. Good or bad. Depends on the person training.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

And a GODvine for lala:

Dog and Kangaroo Make the Cutest Best Friends

You wouldn't think that a dog and kangaroo could be best friends, but these two are! We're not sure how these two lovely creatures came to be friends, but we ARE thankful we get to see this interaction!

http://www.godvine.com/Dog-and-Kangaroo-fb-gv...

At least you will have something to read when you all get up in the wee hours. I plan on sleeping in. Have a great morning. Hope you sprung forward on the clocks. Yay, Spring is here.

Goodnight folks, you too hater icon pounder from Ill.
sleepy

Angier, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Guess they are back in our area:
An Eagle in Louisville
http://wave3nation.wave3.com/Media/View/32167...
Wish I had seen it. Plus I am no gatorfan. hahaha
I BLEED BLUE.
Hey Abeliever, I enjoy your comments / posts. Unfortunately and for some reason I havent been able to view most youtube songs etc. hopefully It'll soon fix it's self, lol and I'll rememeber
where I was and come back and watch the videos you have shared.
wizard

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

thanks been watching this thread for a few weeks thanks for ALL the info really opened my eyes thanks again
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Dropped by yestrday and posted a long reserched discusion with myself on "TIME calendar. DON't know where it went. Got lost in time I guess . maybe I can remember it all and post it again. OH, by the way,... HI ! ya'll .
troubles

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Your troubles are knot ours we just listened.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Wow, this thread up and died over night...Where did ya'll go?
Very windy out. The birds definately aren't crazy about this!
Cinnamon Girl

Lovely, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

morning roaming, i'm here. just lost a bird to the sunroom's window, poor thing.:( it's sunny & gentle in eky, looks like it's going to be a beautiful day for the birds and humans.(minus 1 bird).

AB, thanks for the giggle this morning, the old guy with the snake got me tickled. i also had occasion to use my solar lights during a power outage this winter, can't believe i never thought of that myself. Duh! i've found such great tips on this thread, thanks to all who contribute.

i still miss the old fart, he and i were discussing the benefits of witch hazel. God rest his soul.

hope everybody has a great day!
avian retreat

Mahomet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

hummingbirds and robins
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
For OJG:
Photos: Locusts plague Holy Land
Locusts that recently arrived from Egypt cling to a tree in Kmehin, Israel, on Wednesday, March 6. Tens of millions of locusts have overtaken Egyptian desert land in the past few days and are heading to Israel and Jordan, according the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization. The last time Israel experienced a major infestation was in 2004.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/06/middleeast/gall...
Those things are creepy.
Pretty neat! Thank you. I wonder if these are the very same type that infested Egypt back in the biblical days.
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Another one for Hempburn, I thought it was hilarious:
Dude!$1 million in marijuana found on California beach
Imagine yourself wandering along the sand on a lovely, deserted stretch of California coastline when you happen upon $1 million. No, scratch that, make that $1 million worth of marijuana.
Theoretically, it could have happened if you'd been on Wall Beach Thursday near Vandenberg Air Force Base, where just such a stash was discovered near an overturned boat, with nary a soul to be found nearby. Vandenberg officials are searching for suspects, who apparently hightailed it out of there. The weed was removed by Homeland Security due to its obvious connection with anti-U.S. terrorist activity. Uh, that is obvious, right?[Source]
http://now.msn.com/marijuana-worth-one-millio...
Interesting! Terrorist have funded their organizations through drugs, illegal cigs, cars, charitable funds, and so much more. This is a big stash. I am going to go read if there is more info in this article. I do wonder why they figure it has ties to terrorists.
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Good evening bird threaders. It is such a beautiful night out I almost stayed out later but I am whooped from UK partying. Great day. I hope you all got out to enjoy it.
AW, I loved your story about dog. I know your help is greatly appreciated on the roof. I bet that soup and cornbread was good.
Hello Misty eyed, is your partner still on the road? I hope you had a great day.
I have a video my sister showed me that made me laugh so much. It is just adorable. That Granny could bust a move. hahaha
DANCING NANA
This granny certainly knows how to make an exit.
In a video posted on YouTube Wednesday, Nana, an 88-year-old grandma, dances her way out the door and down the steps to an awaiting car.
Her granddaughter films the adorable scene from the vehicle as Nana grooves her way down the steps, showing off her signature moves.
While other dancing grandmothers have swayed to more modern tunes, Nana sticks to the classics.
Her choice of song? Dion's 1961 pop sensation "Runaround Sue," of course.
"That's a good song. Put it on again," she requests, before giving an encore performance.
As the tune dies down, Nana explains: "I could dance all f***ing day."
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
I love this video and that song. It is just precious. Enjoy
Now that was the best one I have seen in awhile! Way too cute!
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Abeliever wrote:
Gallinippers! Monster Mosquitoes Poised to Strike Florida
One of the most ferocious insects you've ever heard of it's the size of a quarter and its painful bite has been compared to being knifed is set to invade Florida this summer.
The Sunshine State, already home to man-eating sinkholes, invading Burmese pythons, swarming sharks, tropical storms and other disasters, can expect to see an explosion of shaggy-haired gallinippers (Psorophora ciliata), a type of giant mosquito, according to entomologist Phil Kaufman of the University of Florida.
Gallinipper eggs hatch after a rainstorm or flood, and the state saw a big jump in the numbers of gallinippers last summer after Tropical Storm Debby dumped its load on Florida. Eggs laid last year could produce a bumper crop of the blood-sucking bugs this summer if Florida sees a soggy rainy season.
"I wouldn't be surprised, given the numbers we saw last year," Kaufman said in a statement. "When we hit the rainy cycle, we may see that again."
As insects go, gallinippers are particularly formidable. Their eggs lay dormant for years, awaiting the floodwaters that will enable them to hatch. Even in their larval stage, gallinippers are so tough they'll eat tadpoles and other small aquatic prey.[ Ouch! Nature's 10 Biggest Pests ]
And as adults, the voracious pests feed day and night (unlike everyday mosquitoes, which generally feed only at dawn and dusk). Their bodies are strong enough to bite through clothing, and they're known to go after pets, wild animals and even fish, MyFoxOrlando.com reports.
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51108395
Sinkholes, snakes, hurricanes, sharks, oh my, now killer mosquitoes. I think I would do Myrtle Beach or Nags Head if I had a Florida vacation planned. Plus they always have killer jellyfish too. lol
sounds like Texas mosquitoes! Yikes!
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

What a pretty day.

Lala - give your friend a hug for me. Sounds like that is needed...maybe watch a comedy together. I think that grumpy or snippy can become a habit, especially during times of stress.

AW - Loved the whole roof story!(((Hugs)))

I got hit with some bad news yesterday and now I have twice as much to get done today. My father has a growth in his lung they have been watching for awhile. They decided they should take it out, but he was sick at the time and had to get well first. Originally they did not feel it was cancer, but now they believe it is cancer. He should be having surgery this week, if all of his tests came back that he is well enough. They will have to cut some ribs to get to it. It is the size of a pencil eraser. He has stocked up on TV dinners. He will not be able to drive for a couple weeks and a neighbor will take him to the store if he needs to go. I wish he was not so far away at a time like this.

Place my daddy on your prayer lists.

Much love and big hugs.
beach combover

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting! Terrorist have funded their organizations through drugs, illegal cigs, cars, charitable funds, and so much more. This is a big stash. I am going to go read if there is more info in this article. I do wonder why they figure it has ties to terrorists.
hundreds of dope bails have been turning up allover the beaches of califorina in the past few months from dana point to santa barbra ,..
every day ,.. hundreds of early morning beach combers are constantly on the look out ,.

the troubble is ,...
you become a criminal ,...if you get within 10 feet of it ,.. its not worth even thinking about ,.. i think i would just quickly walk away from it ,..
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
What a pretty day.
Lala - give your friend a hug for me. Sounds like that is needed...maybe watch a comedy together. I think that grumpy or snippy can become a habit, especially during times of stress.
AW - Loved the whole roof story!(((Hugs)))
I got hit with some bad news yesterday and now I have twice as much to get done today. My father has a growth in his lung they have been watching for awhile. They decided they should take it out, but he was sick at the time and had to get well first. Originally they did not feel it was cancer, but now they believe it is cancer. He should be having surgery this week, if all of his tests came back that he is well enough. They will have to cut some ribs to get to it. It is the size of a pencil eraser. He has stocked up on TV dinners. He will not be able to drive for a couple weeks and a neighbor will take him to the store if he needs to go. I wish he was not so far away at a time like this.
Place my daddy on your prayer lists.
Much love and big hugs.
Blessings from my home to yours. If the cancer is localized that is better. Not that any cancer is better or worse than any other. It's all horrific! One poster on here fought pancreatic cancer and I believe has been cancer free 9 yrs. Memory has failed again. Positive blessings are heading your way. Noticed chemtrails this a.m. Yuck. Hope, we don't get those giant Mosquitos around here. Want to enjoy the outdoor. Will be planting mixed morning glories, forget- me- nots and basil soon;) Can't wait...
OhioJeepGirl

Wilkinson, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Blessings from my home to yours. If the cancer is localized that is better. Not that any cancer is better or worse than any other. It's all horrific! One poster on here fought pancreatic cancer and I believe has been cancer free 9 yrs. Memory has failed again. Positive blessings are heading your way. Noticed chemtrails this a.m. Yuck. Hope, we don't get those giant Mosquitos around here. Want to enjoy the outdoor. Will be planting mixed morning glories, forget- me- nots and basil soon;) Can't wait...
I am a breast cancer survivor myself. Six year this summer! Cancer has become too common today. It is rather sad, but they are making great leaps in saving the lives or prolonging life for so many. They are going to test his lymph nodes during surgery and that will tell a lot.

Thank you very much!!(big hugs)

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Cancer runs in my family, so I know what you're going through.. Much prayer going out!!

I can't post much else for now, I was just catching up while dinner is on the stove. I've been known to burn it, all thanks to Topix and getting sidetracked with one of my long winded comments..

Chat later everyone.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

Judged:

Good evening bird threaders. I hope everyone had a great day out in our beautiful weather. I hated the day to end. Much sun and fun with family.

OJG, I will add your Dad to the prayer list. I know you hate him being so far away. Bless your heart. You have been through the mill and it amazes me how strong you are. Keep the faith.

Seems like everyone I know has been touched by that horrible disease. I have lost several in my family to it. Guess we are more prone to it these days despite any progress. I dread the news myself someday.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Louisville Forum right now

Search the Louisville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Majority of Kentucky voters oppose same-sex mar... 9 min foster 2
Robbery victim, suspect shot each other on Libe... 2 hr yo girl 7
Nothing Changes Projects 5 hr Truth 13
McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll 6 hr Mustang Mike 2
2 people injured in shooting at Jackson Street,... 6 hr Mustang Mike 2
Mitch McConnell 7 hr really 26
Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes 8 hr Robin 3
Carla Rebecca Rushing Stage Name Cody Lane Loui... (Jan '14) Jul 25 john 48
•••