Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,675)

Showing posts 73,481 - 73,500 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

BIRD update:

Raptor Resource Project
‎~'Tis The Season For Eggs, and More Eggs ~

While our wildlife Mom's work on controlling egg temperatures, we hope Mother Nature works on controlling outdoor temperatures. We're looking forward to a great 2013 nesting season ahead. Here's some general news and expected hatch dates at some of our nests:

Eaglecrest Wildlife:
On Monday, March 4th, Mother Barn Owl, Tess, laid her 7th egg, and the first hatch is expected about March 23rd. Wilma the Canada Goose also laid her 7th egg on March 4th, and is now incubating her eggs full time. Hatching is expected about March 31st, and all eggs will usually hatch in the same day. We're still watching the red-tailed hawks at Eaglecrest for eggs, and they have been bringing in soft nesting materials and working on the West nest.

Valmont Great Horned Owls:
Snowflake is doing a great job of incubating her three eggs and Dan is often seen in the nestbox with her, and brings her food often. The first egg was laid February 12th, and the first hatch is estimated to be about March 18th.

Fort St. Vrain Bald Eagles:
Mom and Dad are taking turns incubating their three eggs and have had some heavy snow to deal with while doing so. The first egg was laid on February 17th, and the first hatch is estimated to be about March 26th.

Great Spirit Bluff Peregrine Falcons:
Falcons have been spotted in and around the nest box and area, and we are hoping that Michelle and Travis return again this year. Nesting should begin closer to the end of March for the Peregrine falcons there. Last year Michelle laid the first egg on March 26th and the first hatch was May 3rd.

Decorah Bald Eagles:
While we have no waying of knowing for sure, we believe that Mom laid her first egg on February 19th, and the first hatch would be expected about March 24th.

Missouri Turkey Vultures:
We expect to see the turkey vultures return to the barn loft closer to the end of March. Last year the first egg was laid on May 9th, and the first hatch was on June 19th.

Fort St. Vrain Great Horned Owls:
There have been sightings of an owl in the nestbox, but no eggs yet.

For an in depth history of egg laying and hatching from previous years, you can always refer to our Main Website, and click on the Nesting Calendar in the middle of the page which is this link: http://www.raptorresource.org/calendar/index....
You can select any date from any year (enter mm/01/yyyy and hit go), and the nesting calendar will show you what happened during that month of any year you select.

This is only a portion of what is yet to come from all of the nests we monitor, stay tuned!

To view any of our nest cams, click on this link, and then select any nest cam from the left side of the page, and then click on that link:

http://www.farmyou.com/falcon_cams/index.html
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Thought I would check in and see if anyone was posting before I leave. Just came back in from getting some stuff out of the car before I leave to watch UK.

They are chemspraying up a storm in this area. Betty might see them in her area. Possibly lala too. Beautiful blue sky ruined by zig zagging white streaks spreading out in the sky. By the time tip off happens the sky should have a milky white film layer as they spread out. Shameful. It makes me sick. Didn't see the planes this time. They have already sprayed and left for someplace else I guess.

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday and enjoy the great Kentucky weather. I will. Check back later tonight.

Enjoy your day! GO UK!!!!!
Truth

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

People don't worry about things you have no control of but do what you can with the good sense that the Good Lord gave you. And that is be ready to meet your Maker Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ the Son of the living God. He's waiting for you to call on His name and believe ON Him and then you will be saved....John 3:16
crawlers

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Birds can really find all the dirty little worms.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Hello, everyone. Just stopped in for a minute to say hi. @Abeliever, As usual your videos gave me a chuckle. Those dogs do dance. Mine don't, they just beg for treats. It's a beautiful day. I just may venture out of the house and take a walk in the sunshine. Spring is definitely around the corner.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Taking a break while my pizza is in the oven. I am now on fixed income too and that is why you don't see me out as much as I once went when I was still working. But I am blessed to be alive and have the ability to help others. My retirement pays my bills, but there is none left for "high times", but if I earned more the IRS would just want it. But they can't drink my coffee and eat my sandwich. LOL (or have some of the cake and pie that I get when I mow some old lady's lawn)
I think that if one believes in the hereafter, the main question that will be asked is "How Did You Treat Others". I don't think it will matter all that much if you had an occasional beer or even lost your temper a few times as long as you can say "I generally did my best". I think most church "rules" are just man made anyways to maintain social conformity and have absolutely nothing to do with Worshipping the Creator and respecting HIS creations. time to check the pizza.
AW, my faith in mankind is renewed when I come across people like you. I have always helped others when they were truly in need, including sharing my home with people who were temporarily down in their luck. To me, monetary payment is of no value when I have enough to pay all my bills. My reward is intrinsic, knowing that I have helped someone get through a rough time in life. Our Creator has paid me many times, by allowing me to continue my life on this earth, and by providing all that I need.

I have a friend who is in an emotional crisis right now, and she tells me that she loses her temper over what I consider small misdeeds. She asked me how I seem to remain unruffled when 'bad' things happen. I told her that we are both in the twilight of our lives. We are not'old' nor do we think 'old'. I responded to her question with a question of my own. I asked her how long does she think she will remain in this world. A decade or two passes in the blink of an eye. If you look at life from this point of view, it seems very futile to "sweat the small stuff." Life is a gift and we can choose to treasure each day, or we can squander our days in trivial aggravations. I told my friend that I did not want to reach the end of my days and have regrets about what I should or should not have done. Each one of us is here on earth for a length of time that is swifter than the blink of an eye. Life should be enjoyed, not frittered away by worrying about negative
events and actions. We can never fully experience pleasure without having emotional or physical pain to which we can compare.
Charles

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

15,000 sharks less than 200 yd. from the beach. No swimming near Florida beaches for me. LOL.That's scary!
whohaw

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Charles wrote:
15,000 sharks less than 200 yd. from the beach. No swimming near Florida beaches for me. LOL.That's scary!
U little wussy,..
LITTLE sharks never hurt anybody
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Another one for Hempburn, I thought it was hilarious:

Dude!$1 million in marijuana found on California beach

Imagine yourself wandering along the sand on a lovely, deserted stretch of California coastline when you happen upon $1 million. No, scratch that, make that $1 million worth of marijuana.

Theoretically, it could have happened if you'd been on Wall Beach Thursday near Vandenberg Air Force Base, where just such a stash was discovered near an overturned boat, with nary a soul to be found nearby. Vandenberg officials are searching for suspects, who apparently hightailed it out of there. The weed was removed by Homeland Security due to its obvious connection with anti-U.S. terrorist activity. Uh, that is obvious, right?[Source]

http://now.msn.com/marijuana-worth-one-millio...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Adorable Kids Try to Play Hide and Seek

Children do the cutest things! These sweethearts try to play hide and seek, and even though they don't quite understand the game, they are still having a LOT of fun. We wish we could be this carefree!

http://www.godvine.com/Hide-and-Seek-fb-gv-29...

Kids just lift your spirits, they are so funny.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Meanwhile in Russia:

Helicopter pilot and passengers pull drowning moose from icy water

There's a moose in the Russian lowlands with a new name and a new life, thanks to the eagle eye of Victor Zavalipich. The Russian helicopter pilot spotted a distressed female moose that had fallen into an icy pond and, after a run for equipment and help, managed to pull the 600-pound animal to safety. But that was only half the battle. The rescuers then massaged and stretched the exhausted, frozen moose and covered her with their jackets to warm her after her hours-long ordeal. As the men flew off in the chopper, the moose they'd named "Manka" and adorned with a blue ribbon, made her way back into the forest.

http://now.msn.com/moose-rescued-from-icy-wat...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
AW, my faith in mankind is renewed when I come across people like you. I have always helped others when they were truly in need, including sharing my home with people who were temporarily down in their luck. To me, monetary payment is of no value when I have enough to pay all my bills. My reward is intrinsic, knowing that I have helped someone get through a rough time in life. Our Creator has paid me many times, by allowing me to continue my life on this earth, and by providing all that I need.
I have a friend who is in an emotional crisis right now, and she tells me that she loses her temper over what I consider small misdeeds. She asked me how I seem to remain unruffled when 'bad' things happen. I told her that we are both in the twilight of our lives. We are not'old' nor do we think 'old'. I responded to her question with a question of my own. I asked her how long does she think she will remain in this world. A decade or two passes in the blink of an eye. If you look at life from this point of view, it seems very futile to "sweat the small stuff." Life is a gift and we can choose to treasure each day, or we can squander our days in trivial aggravations. I told my friend that I did not want to reach the end of my days and have regrets about what I should or should not have done. Each one of us is here on earth for a length of time that is swifter than the blink of an eye. Life should be enjoyed, not frittered away by worrying about negative
events and actions. We can never fully experience pleasure without having emotional or physical pain to which we can compare.
DITTO...Love that lala.:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Well break is over, got to get it gear. Great day so far. Looking forward to a relaxing evening. I hope you all have one too.

Enjoy!
Clock

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

REDNECK? The Halloween Pumpkin on your porch has more teeth than your spouse.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

The CREATOR blessed us with a nice day and neither the older man or the Ancient Wolf fell off the roof or cut themselves with the skill saw or the saws-all or the mitre saw.(some of my tools). Nor did we smash any thumbs with the big framing hammer and had no need for strong language. LOL

I have the support rafters installed and next week I will take him and we will get and install the metal roofing and his cottage will leak no more or have a big swag in the roof line.

The elderly lady sent me home with a quart of vegetable soup and a big slice of baked cornbread and I had 1/2 of it for my supper and will have the other 1/2 tomorrow. I am blessed.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

BTW.. my little dog insists on being wherever I am, so he climbed the ladder unassisted and spent the afternoon up on the roof "supervising". I decided he needed a drink, so I poured some bottled water into my waterproof hat.
lol

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

country hick wrote:
more birds fell today
lol
wizard

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

can i ask what is chem spraying i to live in e-town

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

Woooo! What a day!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
BTW.. my little dog insists on being wherever I am, so he climbed the ladder unassisted and spent the afternoon up on the roof "supervising". I decided he needed a drink, so I poured some bottled water into my waterproof hat.
Now, that sure would have looked heartwarming on video. Your post has made me smile. Dog sure does love spending time with you:)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,481 - 73,500 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Louisville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance