Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
73,421 - 73,440 of 81,601 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

Level 1

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#87129 Mar 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I suppose I won't hang around for that. LOL
I'm with you-- I'll just watch the movie when it comes out

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87130 Mar 7, 2013
Another swell day. Playing with my baby nephew and watched the birds. My parents have a HUGE wood pecker that comes into the yard and scares the rest of the birds. That is probably the biggest wood pecker I have ever seen in my life.
owl

Winchester, KY

#87131 Mar 7, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I suppose I won't hang around for that. LOL
these doomsday prophecies will not have any significant effect on us or even the next few generations. In terms of unversal time, we are just here for a second, like a snapshot standing still in time.
Shaky

Glasgow, KY

#87132 Mar 7, 2013
A quake's a coming.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87133 Mar 7, 2013
owl wrote:
<quoted text>
these doomsday prophecies will not have any significant effect on us or even the next few generations. In terms of unversal time, we are just here for a second, like a snapshot standing still in time.
Exactly and even if they do, if we have faith in the CREATOR and respect for HIS creations and our fellow humans; will it really matter? There is a newer Gospel song that has much meaning for me that is called "Celebrate Me Home". I choose to believe that those that have gone before me are already "home".
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87134 Mar 7, 2013
If you wish to look for "Celebrate Me Home", it is not the one by Kenny Loggins, but the one done by the Perrys.. the HD version.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87135 Mar 7, 2013
Dog is restless for his tree.. twice tonight already. LOL Good Rest of the night to any birders that might still be awake.
Blueminer

United States

#87136 Mar 7, 2013
Just wanna say hi to Everyone. Been busy not work so much but just a lot of stuff. Haven't had time to read much or post.

Nice to read OJG again. Wishes for the best to All! Though I'm not here a lot these days I still love this place.

And just a little more of my life philosophy. And I hope I can make this make sense. Ya spend a lifetime with yourself, and along comes someone ya though might have meant you harm. Ya find yourself deciding to clear years of cloudiness from your mind and that whirlwind of a someone blows it all away.

She teaches you things about yourself, teaches you things you should have always liked, but just never did.

Ya know on the horizon heartbreak may loom. But til then, how sweet... A little pain.
But beautiful memories...Or your Soulmate!
Hope all that is not too darn corny. Good night..

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#87137 Mar 8, 2013
Just checking in too. Good to see everyone posting.

I concocted a long comment last night with howdy do's well wishes and such, but I walked away before I clicked to send it and my laptop battery died before I got back, ROFLMBO! I surely didn't feel like rewriting the whole thing and when the PC shut down, it got taken into the abyss..

Anyway, I'm going back to bed. My dogs woke me up growling. Hope I don't have another possum sneaking around the coop! It's been a while since I relocated the other one. Maybe two weeks now I think?
(I wonder IF it found it's way back)?!

Take care everyone! May be back tomorrow morning. You never can tell about Nope, hehe!!

Good night!!
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#87138 Mar 8, 2013
Ahhhh yes, that is coffee now, give me more my little black goddess of a jaca bean. Morning all, looks like a nice weekend brewing up to be outdoors. I may take pup to one of the shorter trails I run on and see if he likes jogging. Take care bird people.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#87139 Mar 8, 2013
Beautiful day outside! Can't believe it's been such a crazy week with the weather and now it's going to be 60 and 70 this weekend. I can't wait!

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#87140 Mar 8, 2013
The Army has been experimenting for years, in order to come up with a liquid that will eat through anything, and they finally did it. It eats through glass, stainless steel, iron, and all kinds of metal, rock and granite. Now, if they could only find something to put it in!
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#87141 Mar 8, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
The Army has been experimenting for years, in order to come up with a liquid that will eat through anything, and they finally did it. It eats through glass, stainless steel, iron, and all kinds of metal, rock and granite. Now, if they could only find something to put it in!
I believe they have ; planet earth !
Adam

La Fayette, KY

#87143 Mar 8, 2013
Did anything happen 12/21/12

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87144 Mar 8, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
There you aree!!! Good to see you, and your corny jokes put a smile on my face. Keep the humor going, it's good for the soul.

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#87145 Mar 8, 2013
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
AW, you like pizza and a good cold draft, you should try Godfathers in Lancaster one afternoon. Happy hour all day Saturday, 3-7 Sunday thur Friday.
For some reason this comment 87120 was deleated yesterday and my other comment 87121. Wondering if this goes through? I don't think I've said anything to be banned. Maybe this is why none of my comments get replied to.

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#87146 Mar 8, 2013
Time is growing short, and the IRS does not like to wait for the tax return. So for the next week or so, I might not be able to pop in as much as I would like, but I've got to prepare the dreaded return. Therefore, I will have to organize my disorganized receipts, and that takes time. I'll read the posts in order to keep up with what is foing on (or not going on.)
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#87147 Mar 8, 2013
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>For some reason this comment 87120 was deleated yesterday and my other comment 87121. Wondering if this goes through? I don't think I've said anything to be banned. Maybe this is why none of my comments get replied to.
I think it happens every now and then to all the posters on here. We'd be glad to have another bird person . There's so much to talk about;)

Level 1

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#87150 Mar 8, 2013
Tim Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>great, I thought something happened so I couldn't post. I used to post on here some last year when there was a war going on but got to busy to keep up. Started reading again about a month or so ago. AW replies to me most of the time but didn't get a responce the last few. Showed on my laptop it posted checked my wifes and the two post were missing.
posted this 8min ago it didnt show neither.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87151 Mar 8, 2013
Hope wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the earth's core is heating up due primarily to various forms of electromagnetic radiation hitting the earth whether its gamma rays from distant galaxies or EMP from solar flares and we are seeing its effects in the form of severe and unusual whether patterns, earthquakes, sinkholes, volcanic activity, global warming, methane bursts etc. I think even the sun itself is getting hit with increased radiation which is why we are seeing an increase in solar activity.
As an analogy, if you've ever microwaved a hard boiled egg you can see what happens on a small scale with a focused high microwave energy input...the egg explodes. What we are seeing happening on earth and the sun (the egg) is just a much larger scale with a less focused energy input over a longer time period.
This goes along with the Mayan calendar prophecies of our solar systems passage through the galactic center which is supposedly associated with an increase in electromagnetic radiation emanating from the galactic center and is based on a 26000 year cycle and we are now in the period of the end of that cycle where cataclysmic earth changes will occur as a result, but this is going to be happening gradually over a period of hundreds of years during that passage.
Nice to see you posting again. Maybe we can resume our previous discussion of the global chessboard. There is a lot going on now as I'm sure you are aware. I would be interested in hearing what your insiders are telling you now.
(((Big big hugs!!!))) I have missed our talks.

Glad the sun is the egg and not us!

Insiders...I just got my foot back in the door last Monday. I have not had time to chat with anyone, yet! At the moment I am just trying to keep my head above water. I will not be on much today, but will pop on tomorrow in the evening. I am pretty sad about Hugo Chavez. He was one of the ones that made my life interesting. The whole board is changing. I am a person that hates changes too! Ha ha!I have wanted to follow the funeral of Chavez a lot more than I have been able.

The current issue, which also fits into my love for prophecies, is this new pope. Did you catch my post about one of the possible new popes in relation to the last pope prophecy? I got a big kick out of the fake cardinal too. He had the biggest smile! LOL I have been itching to discuss the pope thing with you.=)

It is great to see you posting!

Well, it has been a very long hard week for me, so I am going to take this sabbath evening and (work lol) do some laundry and drink some well deserved beer! I am making a big batch of my own "no mess nachos", a family favorite. I will have to work this weekend and all next week, so I might as well enjoy tonight! But, I will have my own washer again soon! LOL Sometimes it is the simple things! I actually have a washer that leaks and that is why it is not here. I go borrow my own washer! LOL

Till tomorrow...much love and big hugs for everyone!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min tired of it 1,596
Worse tattoo shop in Louisville ??? 4 hr Lance mountain 1
The "I Am Dixie Highway" group on Facebook. 6 hr Jerry 34
Rick pitino 7 hr Lana 3
Cindy Cummings (Jun '12) 16 hr Katey 56
At least 1 person shot on South 37th Street in ... 22 hr Disgusted 7
CNN reporter discloses Officer Darren Wilson's ... 22 hr Phoenix97 4
•••
•••
Louisville Dating