Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,722

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87017 Mar 5, 2013
For Hempburn:

Just because weed's legal doesn't mean you can grow it in parks

Although an ounce is legal in Washington, Seattle's public parks are still not the place to lovingly tend to marijuana plants. Police seized 40 plants over the weekend from Llandover Woods Greenspace, which — as the Seattle Police Department helpfully pointed out — is "not that kind of greenspace." The department said it's unusual for folks to grow pot on the sly in public parks, especially during cold and rainy winter. So if these were your plants, the cops just announced to the world you don't know much about growing weed.(Dude.) Don't worry, though, there'll be no investigation, as pot enforcement is a "low, low, low priority" for police.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/marijuana-plants-growing-i...

Wonder how many people have moved to Washington? haha I doubt any of it could measure up to the Bluegrass finest. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87018 Mar 5, 2013
My Mom was tough as nails and always finished the swtiching business off with a HUG. Dad was leery of snakes, but MOM would grab them by the tail and slam them up against a fence post.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87019 Mar 5, 2013
20 funny photos of 'wrong place, wrong time' situations

Ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time? Had a gate crash into your car or get hit by a baseball flying into the bleachers? Well, all of the people and animals in this gallery got caught in the wrong place, but it's the right time for us because we get to enjoy a little schadenfreude and laugh or cringe at these very unlucky folks. If you're feeling like life isn't very exciting lately, just remember that you could be on vacation — and falling off an elephant.

http://now.msn.com/wrong-place-wrong-time-a-p...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87020 Mar 5, 2013
For lala, I watched a lot of videos on those sinkholes:

Sinkhole victim's family 'going through hell'— as second hole found nearby

SEFFNER, Fla.— A man who jumped into a chasm and tried in vain to save his brother from a catastrophic sinkhole said Monday he was frustrated that authorities haven’t done more to retrieve the body — even as another sinkhole opened up just a couple of miles away.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/04/17...

New Louisiana Sinkhole ! Arkansas Earthquakes on New Madrid !! 2013 News

Targeting two Coronal Holes in both hemispheres of the solar corona during a significant phase of planetary alignments peaking from the 3-7 of march. After further analysis i have isolated two areas (28-33°N latitude) and (27-31°S latitude), these coronal features may produce two earthquakes over 6.0 Magnitude(Southern Hemisphere) and 7.0 Magnitude earthquake(Northern Hemisphere) in one of these listed locations during this watch period:

Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87021 Mar 5, 2013
Booms COVER UP! Due to New Madrid WAKING UP! In depth evidence! Review

Prophecy to America: A Catastrophic New Madrid Fault Earthquake Will Happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Talks about how the US treats Isreal in reference to events here, i.e. Katrina with biblical references.

4 Prophetic Warnings of a Terrible New Madrid Fault Earthquake
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Everytime we hurt Isreal, our country has disasters.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87022 Mar 5, 2013
Published on Feb 17, 2013

What began a couple of months ago as a series of small bubbles trickling into Bayou Corne, in Assumption Parish, Louisiana, has now turned into a massive water filled sinkhole that is pulling trees, boats, and anything else into its deep dark abyss. Experts say that all of this is being caused by a salt mining operation which was compromised in 2011. They are saying that this salt dome has failed, and is in the process of collapsing. But that is not the worst of it....

Mega Disasters: Earthquake In The Heartland
The History Channel, 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch... ...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87023 Mar 5, 2013
... Over the years they have been filling a nearby salt dome in Assumption, Parish, Louisiana with radioactive waste and 1.5 million barrels of liquid Butane. If this sinkhole continues to devour land and trees in this area, it may eventually breach this storage area releasing not only toxic radiation into the environment, but also butane which will then become exposed to the air above. All it would take then would be the spark from a car ignition or some other source of fire to set in motion an explosion which some suggest could be equivalent to about 100 nuclear bombs similar to those used on Nagasaki or Hiroshima, in Japan. As bad as all of that would be, there is something even worse that could come from this.

An explosion on that magnitude would create a giant crater deep in the earth exposing this salt dome to the elements. Since this salt dome is also connected to the much larger Luann salt basin, that means water from the bayou will trickle down and quickly become a torrent of water to dissolve the salt in areas covering 5 states, up to a mile thick. As the salt dome looses integrity, all of those deep oil wells will become funnels to either blow out or pull more water into the cavity. When that finally collapses, ALL of Louisiana will sink into the Gulf of Mexico. Parts of Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama, and Florida will also be underwater. The salt dome under the Texas gulf will also collapse, sending a huge tsunami tidal wave as far inland as the Balcones Escarpment. Cities like Houston and New Orleans will sink into the ocean, never to be seen again. Cities like Fort Worth, Dallas, Waco, Austin, and San Antonio will also be flooded, but might be restored as the tidal wave recedes.

The New Madrid fault and Mississippi river basin is being targeted with HAARP, frac tech drilling operations, and possibly other means (such as nuclear explosions). They are planning to create an earthquake in that region to split this nation with an inland sea from Chicago to New Orleans. It will not be an "act of God." I believe that this could happen very soon.

Some will say that this is fear mongering, but there IS mounting circumstantial evidence that these are not mere accidents and we are slowly being led to the slaughter by the ruling elite. I would rather sound the warning and risk being called a deluded fool, than sit back and say nothing.

More information on my website located at:
http://www.itsaboutthattime.net/
http://www.itsaboutthattime.net/art/d ...

Where is Belie? HAARP theory feedback please? I know some aren't interested, but for those who are I viewed these looking at the sinkhole videos. Some of these were at the side and I went from one to the other since the HEARTLAND has been having earthquake activity all around us. I would never live in Florida or California and a few others that are predicted to slip into the ocean while we sit on caves and water here. Mother Earth has just about had it with us I guess.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87024 Mar 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Hey bird threaders, white stuff is coming down like crazy. They said later tonight....up to 4 inches. Dang, I was hoping it would hit the Ohio River and just swing it on up to Indiana and Ohio. Yuk. Glad it isn't sticking so far. It was just raining.
I have been busy clearing another closet I haven't even looked in this past year. Momentos mostly. But hey, I found a box full of jeans I hope I can still shimmy into. haha
I love all the trips down memory lane with the things most young people never heard of. AW, that is what we use to do when we had to pick the switch. Long one to do more missing than hitting. Dad would have gone to jail in today's time like many for child abuse. That is what is wrong with these kids these days. You can't whoop their backsides anymore or much of anything else. We sure thought long and hard before we did something we knew was wrong dreading those butt whippings. lol
My chili is smelling so good and just finish the final taste test. I may still throw hot dogs on the grill despite the big white flakes coming down or just throw them in the toaster oven on broil. haha That and lots of shredded cheese and Fritos.
It is so good to have you back OJG. Wish I would have been here while you were on.
"Nope" where on topix to you right click. I tried that and there is nothing that says view page info? I went to the main page like you said, but I don't have that on my right click..just i.e. back, save, preview, copy, print, properties etc...Help!
Hope you all enjoy the white stuff. You better get some too. hahaha
Sounds like the kids will get a day off and mama can sleep in an extra hour or two. I am on and off Topix. I have more work to do than I can even cope with, but too much going on today and I am not getting much accomplished. <sigh> Might have my first late night in a long time. I have been going to bed around 10 pm for the last couple months...looks like those days are over! LOL I make a good night owl though.

@NOPE - My right click is the same as Abelievers. I run Windows 7 home premium.

The Good Old Days - Oh my gosh! LOL I grew up in Los Angeles, California. I always had a phone, bathtub, and toilet. I did get a good swat with the hand and once recieved the belt, which I still think was more punishment than the crime deserved. I have chills thinking about busted open heads and such. This would not have been allowed where I grew up and I am 42. My father told me about the horrors of the punishments dished out to my uncle and him, but they grew up in the country. My butt is sure happy I grew up where I did! LOL

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#87025 Mar 5, 2013
What the hell is going on over here??? These winds just picked up about half an hour ago and I must have gusts over 40mph. Just minutes ago, I heard that infamous, slow motion, "craaaaaack". I sat here with my shoulders up to my ears, waiting for a tree to come crashing through. Thankfully, it missed the house. I just lost a large oak tree.

Where was the weather guy all day today? Just what radar is HE watching??

Snow my ass! I've got a freaking hurricane going on over here! The dogs won't even go out to pee!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#87026 Mar 5, 2013
I am on and off Topix mainly because the ISP is off or intermittent. Phone has been out now for 7 days with only about 15 minutes of up time. Pouring rain here and very windy. later folks, Isp is about to go again.

#87027 Mar 5, 2013
I'm going to log off for a while too. That just scared the living crap out of me. I was NOT ready for a wind storm like this today. I'm getting my windup radio and lantern out, just in case a limb comes down out here and trashes my power lines. I'm also going to have to plug in my old "fossil phone".
(Just in case the power goes out and the cordless phones won't work).

Where the heck did this bad wind storm and downpour come from all of the sudden????

Talk to you all later.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87028 Mar 5, 2013
That rain and wind is just what we had a couple hours ago and then it changed to the white stuff. Big flakes, it is all over the car and grass, but melting when it hits the sidewalk, driveway or road. At least for now.

OJG, I also have Window 7 home premium. My McAfee total protection is about to expire. Anything better out there?

Nope, when I addressed everyone with that long post instead of replying to everyone, I was putting the numbers in the box and it just sort of refreshed and it was gone like when we use to hit reply to comments that topix was zapping and as you were posting I guess topix was zapping and took all replies with it. That is exactly how it went. Weird.

Hope everyone has a great evening.
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87029 Mar 5, 2013
@Nope - I pray you and your home will be safe. That is wild. I hope you check back in soon and let us know you are ok.

@Abeliever - I use Norton. It has prevented many attacks from websites...even the most trusted ones. It has missed a trojan for a couple weeks, but soon they figure it out and update the program. Not sure if it is better, but I stick with it.

~~~Breaking News~~~

Hugo Chavez has died. I just recieved a shock when I read the news headlines briefly as I loaded up to do some research. I had just said this morning that he was going to die...I just figured since his treatments have been so rough, but did not expect him gone so soon. I guess I should have. He has been off the world stage for a bit now.

The world is my playground and Hugo Chavez made the playground fun and interesting. I believe that he was a good leader for his people and made great changes in the lives of the poor in his country. His death has changed my playground and I will miss Hugo Chavez very much.=(

#87030 Mar 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
That rain and wind is just what we had a couple hours ago and then it changed to the white stuff. Big flakes, it is all over the car and grass, but melting when it hits the sidewalk, driveway or road. At least for now.
OJG, I also have Window 7 home premium. My McAfee total protection is about to expire. Anything better out there?
Nope, when I addressed everyone with that long post instead of replying to everyone, I was putting the numbers in the box and it just sort of refreshed and it was gone like when we use to hit reply to comments that topix was zapping and as you were posting I guess topix was zapping and took all replies with it. That is exactly how it went. Weird.
Hope everyone has a great evening.
(I just snuck back online. Now it's eerily quiet out there, but I'm waiting for all hell to break loose again. That really took me by surprise and now I get to worry about having another tree chopped up.. Guess the snow is on it's way now AB)?

I don't know what could be going on with your comments. What number was your missing post, AB? If I can find the missing number, then I'd be willing to send in feedback for you. But I think, from what you said anyway, that you ran over the time limit thing. I wish I worked for them sometimes. It would be easier to figure out these mysteries.
(Then again, could you only imagine having to make a living from reading all of the nastiness on some of these threads day in and day out? I'd end up in an insane asylum, foaming at the mouth and throwing my own feces at imaginary Topix posters, hehe. Rubber padded cell plus Thorazine drip = Slightly additional charge).

I've never had anything just up and disappear like that without rhyme nor reason. Usually I can figure it out. But this one? Nope....

Anyway, I'm stumped. Unless you took too long to post it, nothing else makes much sense to me.

By the way: Mr Bill Meck, chief meteorologist for Lex18 news, FINALLY just addressed this wind and storm situation.. Said it was headed my way. ROFLMBO!!
(Bubba, it's already been here, done that and GONE. Geez. Anyone have a spare Valium or two for your Topix buddy Nope? My nerves are shot now. One tree down, limbs everywhere, dogs in distress because storms scare them. Chickens, soaking wet and cackling at the door. Oh, did I forget to mention they don't like bad storms either)????
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87031 Mar 5, 2013
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
@Nope - I pray you and your home will be safe. That is wild. I hope you check back in soon and let us know you are ok.
@Abeliever - I use Norton. It has prevented many attacks from websites...even the most trusted ones. It has missed a trojan for a couple weeks, but soon they figure it out and update the program. Not sure if it is better, but I stick with it.
~~~Breaking News~~~
Hugo Chavez has died. I just recieved a shock when I read the news headlines briefly as I loaded up to do some research. I had just said this morning that he was going to die...I just figured since his treatments have been so rough, but did not expect him gone so soon. I guess I should have. He has been off the world stage for a bit now.
The world is my playground and Hugo Chavez made the playground fun and interesting. I believe that he was a good leader for his people and made great changes in the lives of the poor in his country. His death has changed my playground and I will miss Hugo Chavez very much.=(
I just seen that on the nightly news. Went and got some chili/cheese/fritos (skipping the dogs) and sat down just in time to see Brian Williams say he had died.

I went with McAfee because that is what protected my gov't computer and it has always done it's job. I will probably just renew it.

Our white flakes has stopped but the local news says it will start up after midnight with 2-4 inches by daybreak. The wind has kicked back up again though. Did everyone know today was a statewide tornado drill? I could hear the sirens. They went off for about 15 minutes. LOUD
OhioJeepGirl

Kermit, WV

#87032 Mar 5, 2013
Israel on alert as locusts hit neighboring Egypt

JERUSALEM (AP)— Israel is on a locust alert as swarms of the destructive bugs descend on neighboring Egypt ahead of the Passover holiday.

Israel's Agriculture Ministry set up an emergency hotline Monday and is asking Israelis to be vigilant in reporting locust sightings to prevent an outbreak.

Locusts have a devastating effect on agriculture by quickly stripping crops.

Swarms of locusts have descended on Egypt, raising fears they could spread to Israel.

The locust alert comes ahead of the Passover festival, which recounts the biblical story of the Jewish exodus from Egypt. According to the Bible, a plague of locusts was one of 10 plagues God imposed on Egyptians for enslaving and abusing ancient Hebrews.

http://news.yahoo.com/israel-alert-locusts-hi...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87033 Mar 5, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
(I just snuck back online. Now it's eerily quiet out there, but I'm waiting for all hell to break loose again. That really took me by surprise and now I get to worry about having another tree chopped up.. Guess the snow is on it's way now AB)?
I don't know what could be going on with your comments. What number was your missing post, AB? If I can find the missing number, then I'd be willing to send in feedback for you. But I think, from what you said anyway, that you ran over the time limit thing. I wish I worked for them sometimes. It would be easier to figure out these mysteries.
(Then again, could you only imagine having to make a living from reading all of the nastiness on some of these threads day in and day out? I'd end up in an insane asylum, foaming at the mouth and throwing my own feces at imaginary Topix posters, hehe. Rubber padded cell plus Thorazine drip = Slightly additional charge).
I've never had anything just up and disappear like that without rhyme nor reason. Usually I can figure it out. But this one? Nope....
Anyway, I'm stumped. Unless you took too long to post it, nothing else makes much sense to me.
By the way: Mr Bill Meck, chief meteorologist for Lex18 news, FINALLY just addressed this wind and storm situation.. Said it was headed my way. ROFLMBO!!
(Bubba, it's already been here, done that and GONE. Geez. Anyone have a spare Valium or two for your Topix buddy Nope? My nerves are shot now. One tree down, limbs everywhere, dogs in distress because storms scare them. Chickens, soaking wet and cackling at the door. Oh, did I forget to mention they don't like bad storms either)????
Yep, you got it Nope, snow is on it's way. Big flakes, steady coming down, then back to the wind howling, and later more snow with accumulation for most of Kentucky. Hang in there. I hate storms too. Especially if I am by myself.

It was the first post this morning right after Betty:

Abeliever
Elizabethtown, KY
10 hrs ago

Good morning bird threaders. After writing a note to each of you it apparently shot to cyber space and I am not playing games with topix this morning. Maybe after second cup of coffee. Topix can suck so bad sometimes. I am not writing all of that over again. So have a good morning, I will check in later. Birds are calling, so I will go feed them before the rain comes.

I may have answered the phone and took too long to post it. It was weird. I had 3 numbers in the box. It was just like back when we were replying to Una/Imposter and they were removing them at the same time. Remember the big gaps before we all buried the "mean" hatchet? haha That has to be it.

Looks like the storm tracker says under a winter advisory until 1pm tomorrow. Slick spots after midnight. I hope all our trucker friends are safe out there. Glad I am not stuck in an airport in Chicago. lol

#87035 Mar 5, 2013
I didn't hear the practice warnings here. But I never would. I'm too far out for any kind of warnings to reach.

Two years ago a real tornado was headed my way. The red letters going across bottom of the t.v. screen suddenly said my town was right in it's path and to seek immediate shelter, blah blah blah. Then suddenly POOF! Off goes my electric.

Just as I'm reading that a tornado is headed at me, the lights go out. God help me, LOL, but if I didn't almost poop clear down into my socks. Then a gigantic Ash tree fell as I was looking out at it from the doorway...

I seem to spend two seasons a year here having downed trees taken care of. Spring and Fall both, and always from storms. Sometimes they fall where they have to be dealt with, sometimes I can leave them lay because they're at the wood line already.

The only thing we have out this way is that reverse 911 thingie. Sometimes it calls ahead, but usually it doesn't reach in time. The storm is already gone and then I'll get a weather related call to let me know it's going to storm, ROFLMBO.

Quite a contrast from where I moved here from.... But it's okay. I still love Kentucky!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#87036 Mar 5, 2013
"Nope" we got a reversed 911 alert yesterday telling us the drill was going on and the sirens would be tested for this morning. I have a firefighter in the family so we get pretty good updated news we pass throughout the family long before that alert call comes from EMS reversed 911. That is another reason I keep the landline. Mostly because when we got the ice, cell phones didn't work, but the landline did. Plus it filters those who ignore the do not call lists.

Wind has died back down for now. Temp is dropping.

#87037 Mar 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
"Nope" we got a reversed 911 alert yesterday telling us the drill was going on and the sirens would be tested for this morning. I have a firefighter in the family so we get pretty good updated news we pass throughout the family long before that alert call comes from EMS reversed 911. That is another reason I keep the landline. Mostly because when we got the ice, cell phones didn't work, but the landline did. Plus it filters those who ignore the do not call lists.
Wind has died back down for now. Temp is dropping.
LOL! I didn't even get THAT call, hehe. Not the I'm surprised. But it's okay. As long as I can stand on my own two feet, I'll be fine no matter what comes. All of us in this bird thread would be, I venture to say. We're good that way.

I believe we all know by now that "it's" coming... We're just not sure exactly what "it's" going to be, or when "it" will come. But I can tell that we're all going to be as fine as we can be during that time. We've shared survival tips, told each other the stories of the old days and how our elders got by day to day, etc. I hope that somewhere along the way, someone else has picked up a few things to help themselves when "it" happens.

I think if anyone is able to make "it", we will. Too bad that our thread probably won't be accessible once S really does HTF...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Louisville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the christmas carol at actors theatre 1 hr mfar4348 1
door to door meat sales (Jan '13) 1 hr Angel 55
Carla Rushing Aka The pornstar Cody lane Living... (Nov '11) 2 hr The real cody lane 260
Ford's pre-employment test (Aug '11) 7 hr ForumCommando 63
KFC yum! center 8 hr ForumCommando 24
Review: Pettit Environmental 8 hr Angry Customer 1
In Search Of "Just Because" a Louisville underg... 8 hr In Search Of 1
Louisville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Louisville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Louisville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Louisville

Personal Finance